New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [DnD 5e] Playthings in an Interplanar Dollhouse- A Path of the Planebreaker Adven

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 5
    AC: 14 HP: 24/33
    PP: 9 PIv: 11 PIs: 9
    Conditions:
    Standing Reaction: Dodge Roll if critically hit or if hit while at 12 hit points or less (1/encounter)

Library of Worlds

"I am concerned less with punishing enterprising librarians and more with any information they may have on the culprits," Doredan says, though it's not entirely true. And not entirely false. There is some vitriol tucked away to spare for the bookworms, but it is far less than that reserved for the pirates. "They may also be employing a former member of the library. There was at least one wizard among them competent in illusions," he adds, with some small bitterness.

"In the meantime, is there anything we could do to assist you in the city?" the prince offers, knowing the value of cultivating well-connected allies in a new political sphere. Particularly ones of charitable attitude, who can be relied upon to answer a call for aid.

Reconvened

Following their pre-established plan, Prince Doredan leads the way down the streets back to the inn that they were to rendezvous with the other group at. As luck would have it, they seem to be on their way from the other way down the street, and he hails them with a raised hand.

"The library's lead is not a dead end yet. They are looking into who may have sold information to the pirates," he tells them, quietly, once the distance between has shrunk.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: [DnD 5e] Playthings in an Interplanar Dollhouse- A Path of the Planebreaker Adven

Quote Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    Hylusi Quaternaros, Magus of Bleakpines
    Magework Necromancer
    Darkvision: 60ft
    AC: 15 HP: 32/32 THP: 5
    PP: 14 PIv: 14 PIs: 11
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3/5 d6 HD
    Arcane recovery 0/1
    Spell Slots- 4/4 1st, 2/3 2nd, 1/2 3rd
    Fingerbone staff 4/10
    Alchemical treats: 7/7 granting 3THP

With Felicity and Kinnian

The Magus gazed thoughtfully at the decrepit mansion, ignoring the animal screams.
    <Are you capable of warding yourself against the unquiet dead?> she sent to the others. <If not, well. As... limited... as clerical magic is, the Dahlite may be of use here before we attempt anything. I can ward against the undead, of course - but such magic is limited to but a single entity.>

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Felicity Fourhooves
    Centaur Paladin 5
    AC: 17 HP: 44
    PP:10 PIv: 09 PIs: 10
    Lay on Hands: 25/25 Spell Slots: 4/2

Felicity frowns. "No, I'm sorry. I'm not that kind of Paladin."

A pause.

"Do you know about this sort of stuff, Hylusi? You think it's best we go get the others before messing with it?"

If there was one thing Felicity knew for sure: always ask an expert.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Magework Necromancer
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3/5 d6 HD
    Arcane recovery 0/1
    Fingerbone staff 4/10

The Magus smiled, small and sharp.
    <Do you think I have experience in this sort of matter, Felicity Fourhooves?> she 'asked' dryly before somehow adopting more of a lecturing tone. <Most spectral undead are quite simple. Ghosts, however, can prove more troublesome to remove, and that they were a wizard can complicate matters in unexpected ways, with the twisting of arcana. They cling to something essential to them - a place, a grudge, an item, and destroying them oft just disperses their soul for a while, to reform later.

Since you are unable to ward yourself against them, as I said, it would be best to bring the Dahlite onboard - not for my safety, you understand, but for yours.>

As they walked back to fetch the others, perhaps the thought of necromantic delvings had put her in a good mood, for she spoke again.
    <Prithee, satisfy my curiosity, Fourhooves. I am interested in your body. Do you have two sets of organs - one for each trunk of your flesh - or but one unified set, one heart, for example, to support your entire system? After all, I have an interest in biology and its works.>

---

with the rest of the group

The Magus inclined her head to the others in greeting.

B]<Oh? And has a timeline been stated?

Unless we intend to leave today, we have something to do in the meantime. We have discovered of several locations to claim if we wish. One in particular would hold materials of value - a haunted wizards lair, the master deceased but formerly in possess of eldritch tomes and lore. A bounty, in addition, for removing the nuisance.>
    [/B]

Show

And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Bil

Twilight Cleric of Damh
    AC: 18 HP: 33 / 33 THP: 11

PP: 17 PIv: 11 PIs: 17
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3 / 5 d8 HD
    Spell Slots- 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 1/3, 3rd: 1/2; channel 2/3

At the Library
    "Indeed! Let us not threaten if there is not punishment. If it was one of your librarians who made the prediction, then either they were an unwitting accomplice and might willingly and forthrightly identified their contacts, or else they are a co-conspirator, and thus unlikely to be intimidated."

Bil's nose gives a double twitch when the archivist shares her opinion on the two travelers. It continues to twitch as he tries to compute what she has said, and to reconcile that with the book tucked into his bag, ready to be stolen... "It is always nice to hear that one is spoken of in a complimentary way, especially by books. I have never had the pleasure to meet a book that chatted up the librarians, but now that I have it certainly changes my appreciation for them." He reaches out, and gives a nearby volume a firm pat on the spine. "You have my word, of course, that my warren worked hard to keep the burrows free of beetles and silverfish."

With the group

"Yes," Bil speaking up to confirm the prince's report, "if I might paraphrase the great prophet Stine Bach, from his Travelogue with Cherli, "There's absolutely nothing to take the place of an expert." Bil proceeds to fill the group in on all they've learned.

When he hears about the ghost, he grows quite still, almost solemn. "A ghost is a soul without a family. Someone for whom all the music and joy of life has been stripped away by solitary striving and anguish. This person, whomever they were and whatever torment they currently endure, deserves the peace of rest. If it is our power, we should pursue it."
    Last edited by jscape2000; 2023-06-04 at 10:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215

BlueKnightGuy

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 5
    Conditions:
    Standing Reaction: Dodge Roll if critically hit or if hit while at 12 hit points or less (1/encounter)

Reconvened

"I don't know how useful I will be in dispelling ghosts, but my dagger should be able to harm them. Or so I am told," the prince draws Fang and examines the blade, then sheathes her again. "I've little interest in bunking in some solitary wizard's abode between... all of us," he glances at their company's number, and Felicity's bulk in particular. She's enough trouble stepping inside buildings. "However, you have the right of it. There may be useful information, and a bounty would not go to waste here away from royal coffers. I suggest we plunder this haunted domicile and then lay claim to that fine villa. Plenty of space for all of us, Dame Felicity included."

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    Magework Necromancer
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3/5 d6 HD
    Arcane recovery 0/1
    Fingerbone staff 4/10

[...]

As they walked back to fetch the others, perhaps the thought of necromantic delvings had put her in a good mood, for she spoke again.
    <Prithee, satisfy my curiosity, Fourhooves. I am interested in your body. Do you have two sets of organs - one for each trunk of your flesh - or but one unified set, one heart, for example, to support your entire system? After all, I have an interest in biology and its works.>
    Felicity Fourhooves
    Centaur Paladin 5

The question stopped Felicity up short. Not only had she never been asked that before, and not only did it seemed rude, somehow (although she could not figure out exactly why), but she'd never even thought anyone would ever ask such a thing.

She eyed Hylusi warily. Almost suspiciously. "I don't actually know. I've never... seen inside myself. Or... dissected one of my people. I'm pretty sure I only have one heart. But I don't know about the rest. What even are the other organs? I know there's one for black bile. And another one for yellow bile. But other than that I'm lost."

Reconvened
    "The builders told us about three places. We figured the villa sounded the best (and maybe the thing in the basement isn't that horrible!). But we were curious about the others. And Hylusi's...." Slightly nauseated look, "Scientific interests mean she'd like a library."

She wasn't sure if what Prince Dorendan said was an insult or not. But she smiled and nodded along anyway. He was a royal, after all.

"Yeah, so let's go see about the ghost-wizard. And then go see how the villa looks!"

7. - Top - End - #217

BlueKnightGuy

Bil

Twilight Cleric of Damh

Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3 / 5 d8 HD

With the group

"That sounds like a good plan, Felicity. We'll give ourselves a base of operations, do good for the community by laying the ghost to rest, and demonstrate our capacity to whatever parties are watching us, for good or ill. Let them know they've messed with a group of capable warrior." Bil say.

Shouldering his shield, he is ready to go.
    Last edited by jscape2000; 2023-06-08 at 04:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Library of Worlds

Lindy smiles at Doredan's offer for assistance, eyes widening in a moment of realization. She snaps her fingers and a scroll appears in the air before her. "People take books from here all the time. Makes me... unbelievably MAD. We give just about everyone free access to about seventy percent of our collection, and some still insist on taking books without signing them out." She hurriedly scratches a list of titles and suspects on a piece of paper. "If you have time while you're about the city, if you wouldn't mind leaning on some people and finding these missing tomes I'll see you're paid for your trouble. Mantis usually doesn't approve bounties for stolen books, so we must fend for ourselves."

Spoiler: Missing Book List
    Show

Planets, Portents, and Possibilities- What the Night Sky Can Tell You About You by Ashgum Gnarlroot. Last spotted in the possession of a merchant in the marketplace.

Potions and Poisons for Dummies- Introductory Alchemy by Voight Vallhellen. Stolen by a skilled thief who left a matchbook from the Cantina showing an alluring tiefling with a flame rising from their finger.

On Cantrips- The Most Underrated Spells in a Mage's Repertoire by Vemian Desquiren. Defenses in the library detected no living being, with the nearby books speaking only of ethereal hands.

Temple of the Fate Eater- Dooms Avoided, Curses Unknit, Uncertainty Introduced by Jicardo Rennings. It has a very noticeable cover, and someone said they saw it at the Pink, the slum vice den across the city from here.

Reconvened

The party decides on a direction, first heading to the mage's former residence. They find it much as half of them did before- a rusty gate concealing a small garden, a comfortable house, and a small stable. Were in not for the sign on the gate advertising the owner is Vemian Desquiren, professional mage, this would be a very unassuming home from the outside. Kunnian, Felicity, and Hylusi all realize that they no longer hear the sound of a distressed horse coming from the stable.

Show
    DC 14 to unlock the gate with tools, DC 16 to break the flimsy lock.

Spoiler: DC 15 Investigation
    Show
    There is sign of recent wear on the mechanism for the gate. Someone has tried to force it, and recently.

Spoiler: DC 15 Perception
    Show
    There is also a small section of the gate that has been pried open just enough for a small humanoid to get through.

Spoiler: Perception DC 20
    Show
    There are wet, fleshy noises coming from the stable, as though something large was chewing and tearing meat.
    The Bear is Back.

9. - Top - End - #219

Felicity Fourhooves
    Centaur Paladin 5

Felicity was about to start looking around to see if she could see anything odd about the gate, or hear anything odd in the stable, or notice anything in her immediate surroundings, actually.

But then she got distracted by a butterfly and just clomp-clomp clomped around after it, smiling delightedly.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Magework Necromancer
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3/5 d6 HD
    Arcane recovery 0/1
    Fingerbone staff 4/10

The ex-elf gave the centaur the look she gave the ignorant when she was trying not to cause offence - that is to say, not very nice, but visibly restrained from being withering scorn.
    <Well, no matter then.>

---

with the rest of the group

The Magus inspected the mansion carefully. Signs of entry and the beast in the stable had stopped screaming - there seemed an obvious conclusion.

<See how the gate is damaged here? Someone has tried to force the lock. And here...> she gestured with one of her arms to the patch of levered-out gate. <They have found entry.>

She regarded the house for a moment longer.

<When I was here earlier, there was the sound of a beast in the stable in distress. Now there is not. The conclusion is obvious, I would hope. We arenot the first visitors to this place, and the previous one has either left-> Her lips curled into a thin, mocking smile. <-or is no longer much capable of leaving. Be wary. I suggest we check the stables first to see which is most likely to be true.>

As if a thought occured to her, she snapped her fingers. One of the servitors presented about a small pill to each of them, a tiny sphere.
    <Here. These can bolster your flesh. Hasty work, but an advantage is an advantage, not matter how small. When you take them, swallow them quickly before they start to squirm.>

Show

Everyone gets a treat for taking now or later
    Last edited by Awful; 2023-06-13 at 12:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

BlueKnightGuy

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 5
    Conditions:
    Standing Reaction: Dodge Roll if critically hit or if hit while at 12 hit points or less (1/encounter), 1 Alchemical Treat (eat for 3 thp as a bonus action)

The Book Bounty

"Stealing books from a public library? What kind of ill-bred cretin would do such a thing?" curling his lip in disgust, Doredan accepts the scroll and looks it over with noble disdain. "While I must prioritize finding my brother, I will see them returned to you, madam, should time permit."

Reconvened

Giving the home cursory and slightly dismissive look, Prince Doredan clears his throat. "Dame Felicity, if you would, could you kick the lock off of this door? I don't believe any of us are the sort to twiddle with picks."

He accepts the small pill and makes a face when squirming is mentioned. "How thoughtful. My... thanks."

12. - Top - End - #222

Felicity Fourhooves
    Centaur Paladin 5

Bred and trained to obey a rightful liege, Doredan had barely finished talking before Felicity chirped, "Yes my Prince! I won't fail you!" And was moving toward the gate.

She lined up, turned around, looked back. Aimed. And kicked!

She hit it pretty much dead on. She was pretty pleased with herself.

Show
    17 Athletics!

Last edited by truemane; 2023-06-15 at 10:26 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

At The Wizard's Manor

Felicity's swift kick dents the metal of the gate, and a second kick sends it flying open, making considerable clamor in the process. You all enter into the courtyard, looking around to see multiple entrances. The house looks somewhat bigger from inside the gate, with outbuildings, multiple entrances, and a stable. Speaking of the stable...

A hissing shriek emanates not just from the lock, but also from the darkened structure. Almost faster than some of you can catch, a large, scaled form bursts through the stable door, moving at speeds rivaling a riding horse of it's size. With the sound of a sail unfurling, a prodigious frill seems to make the creature nearly double in size as it rushes forward, hissing and crying out. Blood drips from it's maw, and, to all of your confusion, a black hat rests on it's head behind the frill at an angle so that the fan of flesh covers most of it. This mysterious hood looks muted and soft, like velvet or some sort of lightly furred hat. You have little time to consider this oddity before the creature is on top of you all.

Felicity suffers a painful bite from the animal, while Bil's shield barely deflects a powerful tail swipe that nearly knocks him off his feet. The creature's charge, so sudden and so violent, also stirs feelings of fear in the front line, suddenly sure that this creature is massive and dangerous beyond measure.

Show

The giant frilled lizard charges out of the stable. It bites Felicity for 11 piercing damage and 11 poison damage (no save). It misses Bil with a tail attack. Felicity and Bil both fail a Charisma Saving Throw, DC 13, and are scared of the lizard for (1d6)[3] rounds, rolling to save at the end of each turn. No advantage on the creature's attacks because you knew SOMETHING was in the stable.

Initiative-
    Frilled Lizard
    Hylusi
    Bil
    Kunnian
    Doredan
    Felicity

?????

The whole party is up.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2023-06-15 at 12:29 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

14. - Top - End - #224

BlueKnightGuy

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 5
    Conditions:
    Standing Reaction: Dodge Roll if critically hit or if hit while at 12 hit points or less (1/encounter), 1 Alchemical Treat (eat for 3 thp as a bonus action)

A sudden appearance from the frilled creature causes Doredan to yelp. Once the initial startle passes, he rushes forward to slice it with his dagger lengthwise down its flank, then does a side roll out of the path of any retaliatory kick it may take while he passes.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move 3 East
    (1d20+7)[14] to hit with dagger
    (1d4+6)[8] damage, if it hits activate a defensive flourish for +(1d6)[5] damage and the same as +AC to self until next turn and reaction is used.
    If it hits, allies' attacks deal +1d6.
    Then, move 2 NE.

Last edited by RandomWombat; 2023-06-15 at 08:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

BlueKnightGuy

Bil

Twilight Cleric of Damh

Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3 / 5 d8 HD

At the Library
    "Deplorable if done out of malice," Bil agrees. "And yet... I admit I did not notice signage on my way in that explained the checkout process. In fact, there is a book here I might be interested to borrow." He produces the slim volume from his pack. "Perhaps, with a demonstration of the process, we can better assess the motives. The unjust should be punished of course, but mercy is a moment of joy in its own flavor."

With the party
    Bil flings himself backwards.
    "Well, done. Be thankful you're not a stew, being careless as that," he mutters to himself as he gathers his wits.
    "Dies illa solvet saeclum in favilla!" he sings in a short rising scale, then circles back to put his more martially minded companions between himself and the oddly frilled lizard.

Spoiler: crunch
    Show

bonus action: Rabbit Hop
    As a bonus action, you can jump a number of feet equal to five times your proficiency bonus (15'), without provoking opportunity attacks. You can use this trait only if your speed is greater than 0. You can use it a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
    2/3 remaining

cast Toll the Dead, DC17 Wisdom Save or 3 damage necrotic damage

move to the back of the pack, to around c4, to avoid being in too obviously a straight line behind Felicity & co

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Magework Necromancer
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3/5 d6 HD
    Arcane recovery 0/1
    Fingerbone staff 4/10

The thing was wearing a hat? Interesting. Was it a polymorphed victim of the wizard allegedly haunting these premises?

Well, that was something to consider after it was dead. With a click of her fingers and a jab of her staff, the horrendous hand horde hungrily hustled forth; heaping hastily on hat-wearing hide, they handily began to hurt the enemy with gleeful chirps and clicks.

<Preserve the corpse when you're done. I have a suspicion.> she sent, thumping the base of her staff against the ground, and the dolorous sound of a distant bell rang out.

Show

BA: Gorelings attack. 23 bludgeoning, 19 necrotic
    Action: Toll the dead. I rolled a d20 for their save and got a 2, so I suspect they would fail and so take 18 necrotic
    Reaction: Cast shield if struck.

17. - Top - End - #227

Felicity Fourhooves
    Centaur Paladin 5

As the creature approached, Felicity brought up the haft of her pike and tried to strike the giant lizard. But she misses. And it puts her so off-guard that the thing gets a solid bite on her. And now she's scared. Really scared in a not-at-all-heroic sort of way.

As soon as Bil is out of the way, scared or not, she moves down to block access to as many of her compatriots as possible. And then waves her pike in the thing's face, trying to distract it.

Show
    Polearm master OA when lizard closes distance: 7 (nat 1!)

Move: 5ft down/south to block creature's access.

Action: Dodge!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

The Mage's Manse

Doredan's fast movement draw's the beast's attention, and when he tries to slice along it's side the monster lizard nimbly dodges out of the way. Bil's hop keeps him ahead of the angry bite that follows his retreat, but escape he does, sending back a minor spell at the hat wearing lizard that causes scales to fall of it's body, weathered and withered. The wave of undead hands sent by the Magus nearly bury the large lizard in grasping, pinching, punching, and slapping hands infused with necromantic energy, and her spell, empowered by the bleeding cuts and worn flesh of Bil's previous cantrip, causes the frilled lizard to shriek and pain, frantically shaking itself to try to shed the swarm of hands. Keeping up with Bil, Kunian launches a vicious insult- "You look like a velociwizard with that stupid hat on!" Though the beast is not intelligent, the psychic attack stirs it to a rage that sends hands flying off of it's body.

The creature sheds the cascade of hands, pushing southward and an unstable lope that draws a blade from the Prince. This time his dagger cuts deep, sending a splash of blood to the stones. The beast doesn't move far, but it's movements are ungainly and forced compared to it's earlier grace, possibly due to the massive damage the party is pouring on. Then something surprising happens- the lizard opens it's maw and a wave of fire flows out of it, washing over Felicity and the gorelings in a tide of burning energy. Felicity leaps out of the way, as do some of the gorelings, but the rest are incinerated by the blast of flames. Then the creature sets about destroying more of the offending hands with claw and tail, fully eating a goreling with a snapping bite and crushing another with a tail. It gives a primal hiss of pain and aggression as the fight moves into it's next stage with many less players on the field.

Spoiler: Perception DC 14 (passives are ok)
    Show
    The fire attack didn't originate from the lizard's mouth. It came from the brim of the dark hat on the creature's head.

Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Doredan misses with his dagger attack.
    Bil leaps away, gets some distance, and Tolls the lizard for 3 damage.
    Hylusi's hoard deals tons of damage (41 to be exact) and her Toll deals 18.
    Felicity dodges. Both her and Bil save on their second attempt at the end of their turns, ending the fear affect.
    Kunnian deals 3 with a vicious mockery and provides disadvantage on the lizard's next attack.

The lizard's fire attack deals 5 fire to Felicity, as well as 2 gorelings from each swarm. I'm going to rule that most elemental damage doesn't cause the gorelings to split (doesn't make sense to me, and we're already on unsteady balance with this homebrew). 2 gorelings from each swarm take 11 fire damage, which reduces them to ash.

If you would have spent your reaction differently let me know, Cyclist, but if you take the AoO you deal 10 with your dagger. Felicity misses with an Opp. Attack.

The lizard would crit bite a goreling, but Kunian's disadvantage makes it a regular hit. Still does enough damage to finish that goreling with 7 piercing and 9 poison. A tail smash deals 10 bludgeoning to another goreling, finishing it.

That leaves 2 gorelings (one from each swarm) still in operational. The frilled lizard is in Orange on it's health bar and is definitely not happy. Party's turn.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2023-06-20 at 12:03 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

19. - Top - End - #229

BlueKnightGuy

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 5
    Conditions:

Lunging in again with his blade, Doredan attempts to cut the beast before swiftly pivoting away and putting distance between himself and its flames and fangs.

Show
    Move 1 E, 1 S.
    (1d20+7)[18] to hit with dagger charge
    (1d4+9)[13] damage, if it hits activate a defensive flourish for +(1d6)[2] damage and the same as +AC to self until next turn and reaction is used.
    Then, move 2 NW, 2 N.

20. - Top - End - #230

BlueKnightGuy

Bil

Twilight Cleric of Damh

Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3 / 5 d8 HD

Mage's Manse
    Bil takes in what he's seen, his nose twitching furiously.

"Magus," he calls, "I have begun to suspect, and your observations and confirmation would be most sincerely appreciated, but do you think it possible that the lizard is not our foe, but rather the unstylish calotte this fellow is sporting?"

Approaching cautiously, Bil times he jump, leaping at the lizard and reaching for the hat.

Show

The map looks like I might be able to move in 20' (4 south and 4 east), use the dodge action, interact with object, then fall back 5 or 10 feet (2 north).
    But if you want my action for an acrobatics check or similar, I'll use my 2nd hop.

rolled a 13 in anticipation of a skill check call. Acrobatics is +2 so 15, if that's the route.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

The Mage's Manse

Doredan's swift blade leaves a gouge in the scaled meat of the dinosaur, and Bil leaps forward in an attempt to knock the hat off of the lizard's head. At first he is stymied, with the hat seeming to GRIP on to the lizard's head. But with an agile mid-air twist her removed the hat, only to find it a strange creature, not a hat at all. The small hood-like creature waggles small tentacles at Bil, small red eyes either catching the light or glowing slightly.

The frilled lizard's rage is stained by confusion. It's still hostile, but it is definitely distracted, as though it had rapidly gone from a spectator in this fight to a participant.

Spoiler: Telepathy with Bil
    Show
    "PUT ME DOWN, YOU TRESPASSER! You'll not invade the master's sanctum while I still live!" This is accompanied by much tentacle waving.

Spoiler: Brainhood
    Show
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2023-06-21 at 04:59 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

22. - Top - End - #232

BlueKnightGuy

Bil

Twilight Cleric of Damh

Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3 / 5 d8 HD

Mage's Manse
    "Oh my," Bil gasps, "I expected a charm or a psychic controller, not a conversation. On the other hand," he says, holding the creature as high and as far from himself as possible, "the creature has confirmed its desire to duel to the death. Sojourners! Some swift stabbing seems suitable!"

Show

No actions, as turn has passed. Just using free actions to chatter like a good little bunny.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Magework Necromancer
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3/5 d6 HD
    Arcane recovery 0/1
    Fingerbone staff 4/10

Hylusi frowned as a great majority of her gorelings died to fire, carefully backing several steps back from the smouldering flames. The two remaining shrieked, flinching away from the ashes and embers.
    <Worthless creations!> She blasted them, gesturing fiercely with her staff.

As Bil snatched away the living(?) hat, she turned her eys on it. With a sharp gesture, she rang the bell of doom against it, but the magic seemed muted, ill-formed, against something uninjured. She would have snarled a curse if her vocal cords functioned: instead, she simply sent to her comrades:
    <Destroy the miserable thing, then!>

Show

Move: move back 10ft
    BA: Gorelings attack. miserable failure
    Action: Toll the dead. I rolled a d20 for their save and got a 17, so they probably don't take any damage. If they somehow do, they take 10 necrotic
    Reaction: Cast shield if struck.

24. - Top - End - #234

Felicity Fourhooves
    Centaur Paladin 5
    AC: 17 HP: 39/44
    Felicity saw Bil pick... something... off the lizard's head and dimly heard him talking to it, and then also Hylusi arguing about killing it. She figured she'd leave that sort of thing to smart people.

Instead, she put up her pike and galloped at the lizard and leaped onto it, trying to tie it up and hold it down while the others did whatever the heck they were doing with whatever the heck that was.

Show
    Grapple! Centaurs are soooo good at grappling.

Athletics Check: 16

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

The Mage's Manse

Doredan rushes in and out with another dagger blow, drawing deceptive amounts of blood from the scaled monster. Kunnian again sends cackles and pranks at the creature, which confuses it in it's weakened state, seemingly unsure how it got into this fight or how it is going to get out of it. Felicity takes advantage of the disorientated creature and manages to secure a hold on the creature, stopping it from lashing out. Kunnian's magic means the beast's teeth find only air, but a wide swing of it's tail catches Felicity on the flank in a bruising strike.

Meanwhile, Hylusi's magic is resisted by the black cap, which reaches out to Bil with a commanding thought that almost has the rabbit seizing up, but with force of will the cleric manages to drown out the magic in his own body.

Show

Doredan slices the lizard. Bil removes the brainhood and hops away. Kunnian mocks. Lizard misses with it's bite, hits Felicity with it's tail. Brainhood casts hold person on Bil, but the rabbit succeeds on his save. The map is a little inaccurate with Doredan's position, but it will be corrected for next time.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    The Bear is Back.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Magework Necromancer
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3/5 d6 HD
    Arcane recovery 0/1
    Fingerbone staff 4/10

With a sharp gesture, she sent the remaining parts of her horde against the lizard, and this time they sank in to the task properly. Turning her mind to the hat, she snapped her fingers, the bone-crack snap! loud, and necrotic energy corroded at the hat's brim. She held up one hand in a ready postion, prepared to cast a warding gesture if need be.

Show

Move: none
    BA: Gorelings attack. 18 and 20 for 12 bludgeoning, 5 necrotic
    Action: Toll the dead. I rolled a d20 for their save and got a 10, so they probably fail. If they do, 9 necrotic damage.
    Reaction: Cast counterspell if a spell is aimed in her direction

27. - Top - End - #237

BlueKnightGuy

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 5
    Conditions:

So the lizard was under the control of something. Seeing the face of their true enemy now, Doredan leaves the beast to the rest; truth be told, he would be loathe to kill the creature for the crimes of its master, but a wild beast unleashed in the midst of a city would do no one no good.

Dashing in, he uses Bil as cover to step closer and jab at the hat-like abomination, then swiftly backpedals to avoid it grabbing onto his head. Those teeth look anything but pleasant.

Show
    Move to the space 1E of Bil. I think that's at least 10 feet from where really he was before.
    (1d20+7)[9] to hit with dagger charge
    (1d4+9)[10] damage, if it hits activate a defensive flourish for +(1d6)[5] damage and the same as +AC to self until next turn and reaction is used.
    Then, move 2 NE, 2 N.

28. - Top - End - #238

BlueKnightGuy

Bil

Twilight Cleric of Damh

Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3 / 5 d8 HD
    Pushing the creature's invasive presence from his mind, Bil retaliates by singing a single clear note at the top of voice. His face contorts with fury and the note dissolves into a scream. He does his best to hold onto the creature, allowing his allies their clearest lines of attack on the hazardous hat.

Show
    Toll the dead. DC17 wis save or 12 damage.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

The Mage's Manse

Before another psychic protestation can be given, both Hylusi and Bil's tolling bells and screeching sonics cause the small, squid-like creature to release a thin green ichor and deflate slightly, no longer possessing life. The rampaging lizard, however, appears to be just another animal in this situation- hurt, bleeding, and enraged from the damage. It is likely that it, too, will fight to the death, though that death may not come easily.

Show
    Brainhood is dead. Lizard is orange-red on the HP scale.
    The Bear is Back.

30. - Top - End - #240

Felicity Fourhooves
    Centaur Paladin 5
    AC: 17 HP: 39/44

Felicity, despite her martial occupation, did not desire to hurt anything that didn't deserve it. As soon as she realized the lizard was just a scared, hurt creature, she let go of it and stood, on guard, hoping it would take the opportunity to flee.

Show
    Release the Grapple and use my action to Dodge.
    Last edited by truemane; 2023-07-01 at 01:42 PM.