New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: LaZodiac's Super Turbo Championship Edition Random Banter Thread #242

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    ...no, I was portmanteau-ing "Thymiscria" and "Saiyan". The demonym for a person from Thymiscria would be "Thymiscrian", not "Thymiscaiyan".
    If it means anything, I got the joke. Nice one.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LaZodiac's Super Turbo Championship Edition Random Banter Thread #242

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Naw but it is slooowly falling to pieces.
    Oh, gotcha gotcha.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    he thing is, 'how many points do you get' is the kind of the thing you'd expect to find fairly easily via Google. Yes even if it's a convention. But it instead seems to be the kind of thing you need to do a dedicated dog to find, and at that point there's easier ways to get writing prompts.
    "How many points you get" is a thing thats said in an individual document.

Typically it's 1000, plus whatever you get from Drawbacks, but a rare handful will give you more or less, some have stipends of points to be spent on specific sections, and "Gauntlets" which are short-term jumps that are meant as a challenge, give you no points: You have to take Drawbacks to get perks or items from them.

(Gauntlets also typically restrict you to your Body Mod)

Another thing to warn about: Since this is a community-based thing and anyone can make a Jump document, quality varies considerably and the four main communities have different trends and priorities and different individuals tend to have their own styles.

Edit: Also, different docs tend to have different design goals. King Of The Hill for example was explicitly designed as a First Jump or a vacation after a more challenging setting and you can tell: It's a relatively safe setting, the perks and items are either 1: Overkill for the setting but useful somewhere else or 2: Things like shelter, transportation, or income. Also, every Origin gets a free companion.

It also has a hard limit on Drawbacks that is less than total value of all the drawbacks, preventing you from screwing yourself over by taking more drawbacks than you can handle... but it also railroads you into a specific narrative. You are a new neighbor on Rainy Street, unless you take an option that makes you a child in which case the show is written to make you a member of one of the families on the street.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-02-25 at 07:48 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

Black is not a lack of color. It's a color defined by the lack of light. Calling it a "lack of color" is like calling zero a "lack of number" when in fact zero is a number defined by lack of object.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

5. - Top - End - #1355

On the Jumpchain topic, I've got the finalized version of the Symbiote Jump I shared here a little bit ago.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

*reads updated jump*

Yeah, my build is very Dammit tony/Technomorph already, might as well go for the Convergent Machine Evolution Scenario as well. Ensara came for the klyntar form and stayed to become nanobot cyborg.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #1357

When you're listening to a compilation of spooky anecdotes from Reddit and realize that one of them is just some guy narrating the graveyard shift episode of Spongebob.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    When you're listening to a compilation of spooky anecdotes from Reddit and realize that one of them is just some guy narrating the graveyard shift episode of Spongebob.
    Yeah, I've encountered this a few times. Not specifically Spongebob, but the general phenomenoj of somebody obviously just describing something from a piece of media I recognize.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Yeah, I've encountered this a few times. Not specifically Spongebob, but the general phenomenoj of somebody obviously just describing something from a piece of media I recognize.
    It took me a bit to realize because you know obviously the first half of the episode is "working the graveyard shift in the middle of nowhere 101."

But when they talked about the lights flickering on and off and I was like "wait a minute?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

In-laws came to visit. Apparently crawfish season has started, because they brought me 15 lbs.

Dinner was delightful.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Black is not a lack of color. It's a color defined by the lack of light. Calling it a "lack of color" is like calling zero a "lack of number" when in fact zero is a number defined by lack of object.
    Technically this depends on terminology; scientifically and artistically speaking black, white and grey are shades, not colours. They represent the intensity of light rather than its wavelengths.

At the same time you would also accurately describe a pigment in black, white, or grey as a colour, and they're definitely colours as a concept (exactly what one might describe as a specific colour's a very interesting rabbithole; some languages only have cool/warm; until relatively recently, English didn't acknowledge orange as a colour).
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    In-laws came to visit. Apparently crawfish season has started, because they brought me 15 lbs.

Dinner was delightful.
    I am incredibly jealous.

I really need to start visitiung the fresh(ish) seafood stand at the local market, they even have unshelled prawns. Unfortunately it'll require sitting through an endless loop of how strawberries are a pound a bowl.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

13. - Top - End - #1363

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    "lack of object"? You mean like a unit? Numbers dont need units.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    ... until relatively recently, English didn't acknowledge orange as a colour).
    Apparently, one version of colour blindness doesn't see orange as different from white. Which may somewhat explain the confusion over whether the pith of the orange is the white or the edible flesh.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

That's it! I need to play a D&D 3.5 game at the recruitment sub-forum right now! It has been eons since I last play a D&D 3.5 game.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

My left arm freaking hurts.

I guess getting a tiny needle stabbed into your arm for four hours will do that, huh?

Related, I got my first tattoo today.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2023-02-26 at 02:45 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I guess getting a tiny needle stabbed into your arm for four hours will do that, huh?

Nice tattoo.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not one for tattoos, so let me just say that I absolutely love the design. I hope this is just the beginning of your ink,,.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Bugbear in the Playground

Looks nice! A crow or raven and some berries? What's the story behind this tattoo?

20. - Top - End - #1370

Once upon an arm so weary, stood a raven at apple leering, the arm of a muse so mystic, contributing some artistic lore.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's a BIRDY! The Happy Little Blue Flower of Whirling Death for Humans approves.

22. - Top - End - #1372

That tattoo ****ing rules love! It looks incredible!

23. - Top - End - #1373

Me: Be taking a shower

Spider: Be suddenly dangling down right in front of my face

Me: "Go on, get. Go back up there mister spider... Or miss. I can't tell. I have no quarrel with you, go on get." *blows on the spider to shake it up a bit so hopefully it'll decide to leave*

Spider *climbs back up the ceiling and skitters out of the shower*

Me: "Thank you spider."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Troll in the Playground

A smart birb, good choice!
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Looks nice! A crow or raven and some berries? What's the story behind this tattoo?
    A Raven on an apple tree.

https://youtu.be/9IuthEfrcu0

It's partially a reference to this song, specifically the last line starting with "So now I curse that Raven's fire. You made me hate. You made me burn." I am going to get a scroll that says "You always knew. you never learn." Somewhere close to it, but the session went long as it was.

Next year, I plan on getting a contrasting one on my right arm, probably on an olive branch or some similar sign of benevolence that says "come join the murder. Come fly with black."

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Once upon an arm so weary, stood a raven at apple leering, the arm of a muse so mystic, contributing some artistic lore.
    As much artistic lore provided as I can. The rest of the inspiration is not board safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    That's a BIRDY! The Happy Little Blue Flower of Whirling Death for Humans approves.
    It is indeed a birdy.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That tattoo ****ing rules love! It looks incredible!
    Thank you~
    Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    A smart birb, good choice!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2023-02-26 at 03:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1376

Oooh, very nice! I wanted a tattoo for a good long while back in my 20s but no design ever beat my system. Yours looks glorious!
    I am going to get a scroll that says "You always knesm you never learn."
    Mysterious!

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

Mysterious!
    Typo'd. Fixed.

It's a further reference to the song and has some personal meaning I can't adequately go into.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Dinner was delightful.
    My grandfather used to throw awesome crawfish boils. 20-30 people, tons of crawfish. Corn, potatoes and jumbo garlic cloves in the boil. Garlic bread, pies, and so much beer.

I miss him.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

First I decided to try to write a version of the Robin Hood mythos, and for funsies decided to make Robin ace. Now I'm spending more time trying to pair up the Merry Men than actually writing...

Show

30. - Top - End - #1380

As of 9 minutes ago, I have moved back into the final examination phase for Super Cool Fed Job, and if all goes well they're looking to put me in the May class.

Hype train is now accepting tickets and boarding at the station.