New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LaZodiac's Super Turbo Championship Edition Random Banter Thread #242

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Which is how it should be!

Divine classes like Paladin being limited to "the good guys" is weird. You can be a devotee of the demon lords and still be a holy champion- Blackguards are cool, but if I'm a paladin of the god of war my focus should be on the oaths one would take TO said god.

This is probably why I preferred clerics myself; they are in my eyes more allowed to have an open interpretation of their god. Thus we get Maria, who robbed a cult dedicated to the god she worships because really they should have known better, and Tiamat'll approve of that big score in her eyes- just as she'll approve of her doing unambiguously good things for impure motivations, as that is still greed and want and leads to Conquest (which is a domain of Tiamat in the world she's from).
    TBH, I think I like what PF2e did with them; renamed them Champions, and specifically made them enforcers of a god's system morality (so their ideals and oaths match their gods instead of having to be LG or fallen).

And brought in the Inquisitor for a rogue flavoured divinely empowered agent.
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2023-01-25 at 07:39 PM.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: LaZodiac's Super Turbo Championship Edition Random Banter Thread #242

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    TBH, I think I like what PF2e did with them; renamed them Champions, and specifically made them enforcers of a god's system morality (so their ideals and oaths match their gods instead of having to be LG or fallen).

And brought in the Inquisitor for a rogue flavoured divinely empowered agent.
    My favorite divine class is always gonna be the Avenger from 4e; a class so mechanically solid that they based 5e's entire combat loop on it.

It is, in effect, a rogue-zerker full of divine might who points at someone, says "tonight you" and gets bonuses as long as they're the only one engaged with that target- and they just ****ing slaughter. It's fantastic. You are the blade of your god and it kicks so much ass.

Invoker is a close second mind; what if you just shouted REAL loud, empowered by divine magics?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Deal, but you're getting monopoly branded money. What can I say I believe in it.
    So, which monopoly am I getting money for? There're plenty to choose from. I'm really hoping for telecom cash, given how it is in Canada.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Nine and a half minute mile!
    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    So, which monopoly am I getting money for? There're plenty to choose from. I'm really hoping for telecom cash, given how it is in Canada.
    Ok. I'll send Telecom a note to get you some company scrip. They may need you to relocate to the company town, is that acceptable?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

5. - Top - End - #125

Ok. I'll send Telecom a note to get you some company scrip. They may need you to relocate to the company town, is that acceptable?
    Don't do it, it's a trap. First thing you're in the company town, then you're in debt tot he company store, and the next thing you know you're parents have sold you to Paris Hilton.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Don't do it, it's a trap. First thing you're in the company town, then you're in debt tot he company store, and the next thing you know you're parents have sold you to Paris Hilton.
    You work sixteen hours and what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt.

7. - Top - End - #127

In other news, I continue to be disturbed by how relatable I find Futaba from Persona 5.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

In other news, I continue to be disturbed by how relatable I find Futaba from Persona 5.
    Do you also only sit on things by hunching in a goblin crouch?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Note to self: Don't forget that dragons are living embodiments of capitalism.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Futaba is laser targeted at the Persona fan base and it is incredible.

She also completely coincidentally looks exactly like the classic Inkling Girl design in Splatoon.

11. - Top - End - #131

Futaba is laser targeted at the Persona fan base and it is incredible.
    No, seriously, Futaba feels like someone's calling me out.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Now I've not reached Futuba's introduction yet, but apparently now she's L? I'm excited.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

No, seriously, Futaba feels like someone's calling me out.
    Yeah, Futaba is basically accurate introvert existence in my experience. I like her the most out of all the characters myself.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Pobody's prefect
    This is a good quote.

You work sixteen hours and what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt.
    If I loaded 16 tons of #9 coal in this day and age, I'd expect nothing less.

That is a fairly accurate reading, yeah. In most stories dragons where dragons stand for something metaphorically, they're meant to personify greed.

Invoker is a close second mind; what if you just shouted REAL loud, empowered by divine magics?
    Fus-Ro-DAH
    A few odds and ends.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    If I loaded 16 tons of #9 coal in this day and age, I'd expect nothing less.
    Hence my change to hours. Makes it more universal.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    That is a fairly accurate reading, yeah. In most stories dragons where dragons stand for something metaphorically, they're meant to personify greed.
    Sometimes they also stand for "nature untamed by civilization" (in the eeeeeeevil sense), for "people of the wrong religion who lived here" or, and this one is more recent "magic and the sense of wonder" (sometimes staight-up "the fantasy genre").

Also, if it's an Eastern dragon, it's got a whole other host of possible allegorical meanings.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome to pluto, we know you work twenty two hours a day but you do have to pay for your dad's funeral. Are you sure you can't squeeze in another hour?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Sometimes they also stand for "nature untamed by civilization" (in the eeeeeeevil sense), for "people of the wrong religion who lived here" or, and this one is more recent "magic and the sense of wonder" (sometimes staight-up "the fantasy genre").

Also, if it's an Eastern dragon, it's got a whole other host of possible allegorical meanings.
    Yeah, but those meanings don't actually help my flippancy, so I'm just choosing to ignore them.

19. - Top - End - #139

Hey, you were the one who wanted to go into Telecom.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-01-26 at 09:17 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Yeah, Futaba is basically accurate introvert existence in my experience. I like her the most out of all the characters myself.
    You'd think I'd be offended by making an introvert who is almost certainly somewhere on the autism spectrum the Hermit Arcana social link but... No, it works.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

You'd think I'd be offended by making an introvert who is almost certainly somewhere on the autism spectrum the Hermit Arcana social link but... No, it works.
    Futaba probably is the most straightforward on-the-nose translation of the Arcana themes/reading of the tarot into its representational character. Like, I like her, no argument there, but she's also kinda what you get if you put together a writer's table, ask them "How can we represent The Hermit in a character's personality" and just take all the first most obvious suggestions.

22. - Top - End - #142

Futaba probably is the most straightforward on-the-nose translation of the Arcana themes/reading of the tarot into its representational character. Like, I like her, no argument there, but she's also kinda what you get if you put together a writer's table, ask them "How can we represent The Hermit in a character's personality" and just take all the first most obvious suggestions.
    I mean, on the nose or not; what else IS a modern day hermit but an extremely online, extremely knowledgeable, NEET shut in? P3 gave us the socially dead teacher and her MMO, P4 gave us... medicine fox who helps people. There's not much else you can do in a modern setting but this.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, on the nose or not; what else IS a modern day hermit but an extremely online, extremely knowledgeable, NEET shut in? P3 gave us the socially dead teacher and her MMO, P4 gave us... medicine fox who helps people. There's not much else you can do in a modern setting but this.
    I have a relative who is an actual old-school hermit. Only part-time, but still, those do exist.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

mm.. coulda been Yusuke with relatively minor changes, he's coming from a kind of similar 'withdrawn from the normal society and needs help getting outside of his own head' place. Or Makoto, with more of a focus on "uses Being Student Council President/No. 1 Student to hide from the rest of life." There's options, and honestly a lot of the confidants could switch into each other's Arcanas/stories just by sliding around what aspects you emphasize. Which probably comes from them all needing to reinforce the main through line of things Joker is supposed to be learning by interacting with all of the confidants.

25. - Top - End - #145

I mean, all of the Arcana are pretty straightforward in this game: They start as a direct representative of the inverted meaning and become a direct representation of the upright meaning.

You want on the nose: If you don't know the plot of the Persona 4 and lay Golden Blind the very fact that a certain person has the Jester Arcana—the Thoth Deck's equivalent of the Fool—gives away who the villain is and the thrust of the plot to anyone who knows enough about tarot.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Badass. I've never made it to 10 minutes.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Badass. I've never made it to 10 minutes.
    Trainer wants me to cut it down to 8, but I also need to build up endurance. Apparently HIIT is a great way to help with that, even if you limit it to just running.

Also HIIT sucks.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-01-26 at 12:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, all of the Arcana are pretty straightforward in this game: They start as a direct representative of the inverted meaning and become a direct representation of the upright meaning.

You want on the nose: If you don't know the plot of the Persona 4 and lay Golden Blind the very fact that a certain person has the Jester Arcana—the Thoth Deck's equivalent of the Fool—gives away who the villain is and the thrust of the plot to anyone who knows enough about tarot.
    That's fair, they aren't especially subtle about anything

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Trainer wants me to cut it down to 8, but I also need to build up endurance. Apparently HIIT is a great way to help with that, even if you limit it to just running.

Also HIIT sucks.
    I prefer it, but need to get back in the habit. I'd rather kill myself for 15 minutes a day instead of working at a moderate pace for an hour.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I prefer it, but need to get back in the habit. I'd rather kill myself for 15 minutes a day instead of working at a moderate pace for an hour.
    Unfortunately I need the endurance since they're going to have me do anywhere between moderate and strenuous for several hours pretty constantly.