New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Recommend me Some Word-based Only RPGs

Greetings all,

I have some experience with a word-based system in FUDGE, some books, or even versions of Werewolf. I also have some experience with diceless systems that use a different mechanic like Dread. However, my experiences are limited, and I want to understand some different ways diceless and word based systems work.

With that said, can someone point me to a really nice diceless and word based RPG?

Thanks in advance!
    *This Space Available*

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Recommend me Some Word-based Only RPGs

Quote Originally Posted by Easy e View Post
    I have some experience with a word-based system in FUDGE, some books, or even versions of Werewolf. I also have some experience with diceless systems that use a different mechanic like Dread. However, my experiences are limited, and I want to understand some different ways diceless and word based systems work.

With that said, can someone point me to a really nice diceless and word based RPG?
    This one
    Spoiler: that you can get for free
    Show
    Find the document What is a Role Playing Game by Epidiah Ravachol on line, it is free
    has short adventures, but I think it's worth a try.
    I think that Amber is diceless also but have not played it.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2023-01-24 at 05:02 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

If you like the price of FREE, then might I recommend DeScriptors RPG, created by my cousin and published by yours truly? The core rules and a full example of play are included at the website descriptorsRPG(dot)com, and there's even an audio version of each page read by an amazing voice actor, Aaron Catano-Saez.

If you like it and want more, hit the products page on that site to pick 'em up on DriveThru or Itch. I must admit: the rules on the website are a bit more current than what's in the releases, as we're working on an updated edition, but it's taking a while. BUT! Compatibility is 100%, so nothing's broken; we're just adding more of everything, and making it sure the rule are written much more clearly, and with more examples.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Apollo 47 Technical Manual

There's a free pdf out somewhere with the 12-15 pages of rules & examples & what not. The 700+ pages of supporting NASA Apollo documentation costs $. The print on demand is better quality than some of the 90s & 00s book though, even given the encyclopedic size.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm marking all of these on my "next-day-off" to do list.
    Something Borrowed - Submission Thread (5e subclass contest)

TeamWork Makes the Dream Work 5e Base Class Submission Thread