New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Raging Loop

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Raging Loop

There was once a village built deep into the mountains. It was prosperous under the guidance of six gods- the Crow, who granted knowledge of medicine and said to know the cure to all ilnesses. The Snake, teller of the future, said to know the true nature of mankind. The Monkey, protector of families. The Spider, with its web ensnaring any and all intruders that would wish harm on the villagers. The Wolf and the Badger, the master hunter and its faithful messenger who seldom was granted recognition for its efforts.

The people of the village and the gods lived in harmony for years, but the Badger grew resentful of the little notice everybody took of it- it whispered lies into the Wolf's ear, of a plot to slay it and tear the Wolf apart as an offer to the other gods jealous of its strenght. It sparked a war as the Wolf went mad from the perceived betrayal and attacked the village and the other gods with its own followers. After the bloody conflict, all the gods lied dead at the feet of the Badger who had hid through the whole ordeal- it came out to take its place as the ruler of the village, but the surviving followers of the Four -the Crow, the Snake, the Monkey and the Spider- managed to defeat it with the powers left them by the dead gods.

While the village never recovered its former prosperity, its people still managed to rebuild their lives and lived in peace under the guidance of the descendants of the last followers of the gods- but nobody realized that just like the Four's influence survived through the remaining humans, so the Wolf's wrath and madness did. And on the night of the full moon, a red mist emerges.

And never forget the furtive Badger.

The red mist has come. Most of you probably thought it was just a folk tale, and that there was an easily explained answer for the miracles the followers of the Four performed. But now? After finding the first murder in the eerie mist, and having been turned around every time you tried leaving, even the skeptical ones understood that right now the only choice is to stick together and find the murderers, wether they are walking corpses wearing the skin of your friends or just omicidal maniacs.

Valmark died. The new dawn descends onto the once-lovely little village, as the members of the place gather around to decide who, if any, is to be executed in the hope that the murders stop.

Recruitment

Spoiler: Player list
    Show
    - Persolus
    - bladescape
    - Xihirli
    - Illven
    - Zelphas
    - Snowblaze
    - Book Wombat
    - JeenLeen
    - Cazero
    - Taffimai
    - Armonia13
    - Squork
    - Lady Serpentine

Spoiler: Changes from recruitment
    Show
    I've decided to make the wolf chat available during the day as well.

Not sure I specified it, but it's forbidden to share your private chats or the role PMs, for obvious reasons.

...yeah that's all.

The Day will end in 48 hours, or at the earliest after that.

DAY 1 START

Spoiler: Role Descriptions (modified from main thread to fit this game)
    Show
    Once a game has closed recruitment, the narrator will randomly assign roles and PM all players with their role. Roles are as follows:

Spoiler: Team Villager
    Show
    Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive and find out who are the Wolves.

Crow, the Medic: As an expert of medicine, you can examine the corpses of eliminated players to find out wether they were Villagers or Wolves. You, and only you, are told the roles of dead players after each Day or Night, assuming there were any.

Snake, the Seer: Maybe you can't quite tell the future with the death of the ancient Snake god, but you are an expert at reading the human heart. Each night pick a player- you discover whose Team they are on.

Monkey, the Siblings: There's actually two of you- you can tell at a glance who's your buddy, and know you can trust your sibling to always have your back. Monkeys share a secret chat with one another, and get confirmation of each other's Team from the Narrator.

Spider, the Guardian: Alright, you don't shoot webs, but the people you care about have never been in any danger. Each Night, pick a player- that player is protected from the Wolf kill that Night.

Badger, the Spy: You're the only surviving deity, but no one will give you any heed. No matter, you bid your time for this exact reason. You are a Villager who wins with the Wolves- homewever you don't count as one for the purpose of the Villagers' win. After all, if you can stay alive you can always hide again until a better chance presents itself.
    Pick a player every Night- if they are a Wolf, you discover who the Wolves are and gain access to their night chat. You can't carry out a kill but you can scheme with them. If the player is a Villager, any effect targeting you that Night will target them instead. Note that the Snake might find you out by discovering they targeted another person.

Spoiler: Team Werewolf
    Show
    Werewolf: Animated dead that wears the skin of foolish Villagers who didn't hide with the coming of the mist, you blend with humans into the day and sathe the Wolf's rage during the Night by killing someone. You have a personal chat that you can access at night, where you can discuss who to kill with your buddies.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2023-01-30 at 06:36 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Raging Loop

*rolls a random die*

Wombat

What a coincidence!
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2023-02-01 at 05:43 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hello everyone! I'm Persolus and think that you shouldn't kill me first round!

So let's start this off with a nice random roll. Neat, google gave me an 11! Alright, Taffimai, what've you got to say for yourself?

Kinda hoping this one isn't too crazy, midterms are starting to come up Eh, I'll manage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    EDIT: Role PMs sent out. If you didn't receive any, send me a PM 'cause my memory is as good as a dead hamster's.
    No, we lost the noble Hamster to the wolves! You shall be avenged!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, @Valmark - are you able to add the Role List to the opening post? Thank you :)
    Last edited by Persolus; 2023-02-01 at 01:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Squork Squork.

Also, told you I was gonna do this. Hi Father Persy <333
    Last edited by Squork; 2023-02-01 at 01:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    So let's start this off with a nice random roll. Neat, google gave me an 11! Alright, Taffimai, what've you got to say for yourself?
    Google is wolfsiding, don't listen to them!
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

6. - Top - End - #6

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squork View Post
    Squork Squork.

Also, told you I was gonna do this. Hi Father Persy <333
    Father...?
    Well, in that case,
    Join me, Squork, and we can save the village as father and son

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Google is wolfsiding, don't listen to them!
    Thus far I trust Google more than you :)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Father...?
    Well, in that case,
    Join me, Squork, and we can save the village as father and son
    I'm in :)

Although to be fair, it's rather early to be forcing an allegiance on us. I'm not saying anything either way, but in my experience, those who are the quickest to say they're town are the least likely to be town.

8. - Top - End - #8

RedKnightGirl

I'm in :)

Although to be fair, it's rather early to be forcing an allegiance on us. I'm not saying anything either way, but in my experience, those who are the quickest to say they're town are the least likely to be town.
    Where have you played before, Squork?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Where have you played before, Squork?
    Not sure where y'all are from, but my local professional hockey team has an online forum, on which they play. They would send a representative to compete in yearly mafia competition, so they were really good competitive.

This is the Vancouver Canucks forum if you're interested in checking it out.
    Last edited by Squork; 2023-01-30 at 04:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

RedKnightGirl

Not sure where y'all are from, but my local professional hockey team has an online forum, on which they play. They would send a representative to compete in yearly mafia competition, so they were really good competitive.

Cool! Is that where you know Persolus from?

11. - Top - End - #11

SwashbucklerGuy

Cool! Is that where you know Persolus from?
    I have the misfortune to know him in real life

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Player list
    Show
    - Persolus
    - bladescape
    - Xihirli
    - Illven
    - Zelphas
    - Snowblaze
    - Book Wombat
    - JeenLeen
    - Cazero
    - Taffimai
    - Armonia13
    - Squork
    - Lady Serpentine
    So who tends to hide, and who tends to be the more talkative type?

13. - Top - End - #13

RedKnightGirl

Wombat is a huge chatterbox, you have to shut him down immediately to have any chance of being able to follow the thread

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

I remember hearing about that forum. Nanook or Falcon comes from there, I forget which one. Hi.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm the cryptic type.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

15. - Top - End - #15

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I remember hearing about that forum. Nanook or Falcon comes from there, I forget which one. Hi.
    Would make sense for someone with the name Nanook actually.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

The game is up! And apparently the discussion is about hockey...

I was going to forgo my normal random rolling and tap Book Wombat early to see if we could get more from them at the start, but I don't really want to add a second vote to anyone yet. In an attempt to follow the spirit of what I was hoping to do, I'll stick my initial vote on Ilven just for a moment.

I may be completely misremembering how much or little Ilven speaks; if so, I apologize.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Also, @Valmark - are you able to add the Role List to the opening post? Thank you :)
    Mission accomplished!

18. - Top - End - #18

SwashbucklerGuy

Mission accomplished!
    Thank you!

Also, in terms of playstyle, i am extremely honest. Bladescape is less cryptic and more... extremely enigmatic.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

RNGesus demands that Illven die today.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #20

Thank you!

Also, in terms of playstyle, i am extremely honest. Bladescape is less cryptic and more... extremely enigmatic.
    What is cryptic but enigmatic with extra steps?

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Colossus in the Playground

Beautiful Princess Olivia strolls up to the debate stage

The sacred divinations have told me that Armonia13 needs to die!

[I haven't played enough to really know my playing style. :P ]
    Last edited by Illven; 2023-01-31 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hey, no-one's voting me! That means I need to make an actual decision about who to vote... Xihirli did declare her intent to get me killed.

Squork, I am definitely the more talkative type. Known for paranoia, overanalysis and stubborn refusal to die.

The werewolf smiled as she stared at the corpse that was to be the first of many, and at the panicked reactions of the villagers. This was no fairytale. The god she served was real, and he would have his revenge.

All she had to do was stay hidden long enough, and that would hardly be too difficult; her host body retained the knowledge of the person she had once been, well enough she would have no difficulty impersonating them.

(Before anyone asks: no, I'm not actually a wolf.)
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2023-02-01 at 01:50 AM.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #23

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Got it, you're Badger.

24. - Top - End - #24

Hey, no-one's voting me! That means I need to make an actual decision about who to vote... Xihirli did declare her intent to get me killed.

[...]

The die disagrees, Snowblaze.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

25. - Top - End - #25

RedKnightGirl

Ok at this pace I might be able to keep up.

This is going to be one of those games where I lean scum on 75% of all players.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

And I intend to follow through, Snowblaze.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    And I intend to follow through, Snowblaze.
    Xihirli

This looks fun.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2023-02-01 at 07:53 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Last game, there was a lot of D1 discussion, and it seems like early wagons were a good source of that. That led to good info, both immediately and stuff folk could analyze in later Days.
    So I'm inclined to get another 2-vote wagon going.
    But I admit I'm feeling uncertain about where to put it. Illven, Zelphas, Book Wombat, and Snowblaze look the like the best candidates. Illven and Snowblaze already have two votes, so I'll go with Book Wombat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    The game is up! And apparently the discussion is about hockey...

I was going to forgo my normal random rolling and tap Book Wombat early to see if we could get more from them at the start, but I don't really want to add a second vote to anyone yet. In an attempt to follow the spirit of what I was hoping to do, I'll stick my initial vote on Ilven just for a moment.

I may be completely misremembering how much or little Ilven speaks; if so, I apologize.
    Zelphas wanting to vote Book Wombat but not?
    Believable--I'm for pushing quiet players to talk more--but seeing this looks a little bit like distancing but not wanting to risk a vote on a scumbuddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Beautiful Princess Olivia strolls up to the debate stage

The sacred divinations have told me that Armonia13 needs to die!

[I haven't played enough to really know my playing style. :P ]
    The game meta on this forum is to generally not lynch new players D1. Makes for a bad game experience and decreases new players sticking around.
    Illven is relatively new, so her voting a newbie could be an innocent action.
    Part of me wants to read it as a wolf possibly D1 voting a scumbuddy, knowing it's a safe move... but I think if Illven is a wolf, the other wolves would have warned her off doing that... so... I guess I'll put this to innocent mistake. Or "sacred divinations" meant RNG.

Illven, any response to why you voted Armonia13?

Squork, I am definitely the more talkative type. Known for paranoia, overanalysis and stubborn refusal to die.

The werewolf smiled as she stared at the corpse that was to be the first of many, and at the panicked reactions of the villagers. This was no fairytale. The god she served was real, and he would have his revenge.

All she had to do was stay hidden long enough, and that would hardly be too difficult; her host body retained the knowledge of the person she had once been, well enough she would have no difficulty impersonating them.

I generally don't like voting due to RP. Others in this forum share that sentiment.
    Would a wolf joke about being a wolf, in order to look towny because "why would a wolf take such a risk?" while knowing it's probably a safe move?
    Snowblaze is sometimes a bold wolf, but "joke-claiming" wolf seems a little too bold.

Note to new players: Xihirli will sometimes joke about or claim wolf while Town. Or joke about actively wanting to kill us all. She will also do that while Wolf, though, so, um... take it with a protective circle of salt.

---

On my playstyle: I tend to go for a lot of mechanical discussion, sometimes with zany schemes involving claiming and/or power interactions that are sometimes ill-founded. I like to appear smart, so my ego sometimes leads me to post things that get me in trouble.

I have contemplated things a bit for this game's powers, mainly in the sense of when or if it's worth claiming a power role or not and contemplations involving Crow.
    But I think sharing my thoughts would mostly help the wolves; those with power roles have the incentive to think through their use, and my thoughts likely won't add anything of value that that player won't have already considered. Also, I'm still wrestling with the implications of a no-flip game and thus rather don't trust my reasoning.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2023-02-01 at 09:52 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    The game meta on this forum is to generally not lynch new players D1. Makes for a bad game experience and decreases new players sticking around.
    Illven is relatively new, so her voting a newbie could be an innocent action.
    Part of me wants to read it as a wolf possibly D1 voting a scumbuddy, knowing it's a safe move... but I think if Illven is a wolf, the other wolves would have warned her off doing that... so... I guess I'll put this to innocent mistake. Or "sacred divinations" meant RNG.

Illven, any response to why you voted Armonia13?
    Lo and behold.

I rolled a d14. It came up twelve, Armonia13, is number 12 in the player list. (SHOULD HAVE BEEN number 13! )
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Xihirli

This looks fun.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure.

EDIT: Playstyle. I've settled into obfuscating stupidity and then showing up D4 with a breakthrough on who the wolves are... on a good day. Sometimes I also take massive risks for minimal gain just to keep people on their toes.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2023-01-31 at 10:13 AM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!