Default Re: Raging Loop

Possible worlds, assuming two wolves:

JeenLeen/Cazero
    JeenLeen/Kish
    JeenLeen/Badgerscape
    Cazero/Kish
    Cazero/Badgerscape
    Kish/Badgerscape

Or I guess there's a chance of only one wolf left. But rn I just want to take the option that's least likely to lose.

And then there's the problem of "is my fellow monkey actually going to show up and vote?" Which I am kind of doubting rn.

Going to go reread stuff. Actually I need to check precise EOD time as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Realisation: if AV hadn't claimed Crow, Zelphas probably would have died D1. AV was probably aware of that at the time, so could we add "saving a wolf partner" to the list of possible motivations for the counterclaim?

But also does AV really correctly claim their wolf partner was a wolf?

If I'm right then it means my original "Jeen is partnered with Zelphas" theory still has merit, and... I know I had wolf!Zelphas reads at some point... let me check...

- - - Updated - - -

Realisation: if AV hadn't claimed Crow, Zelphas probably would have died D1. AV was probably aware of that at the time, so could we add "saving a wolf partner" to the list of possible motivations for the counterclaim?

But also does AV really correctly claim their wolf partner was a wolf?

If I'm right then it means my original "Jeen is partnered with Zelphas" theory still has merit, and... I know I had wolf!Zelphas reads at some point... let me check...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I unpaired Zelphas/Cazero. For reasons I still think are decently valid.

I think we probably hit exactly one wolf in Zelphas/Squork, one dead AV and we have two left alive, one of which may or may not be Badger.

Also I had a thought at some point that AV is less likely to do the fake counterclaim with an inactive partner. Doesn't rule out Badger!Kish but if I'm right does rule out Kish/Badgerscape.

Back in an hour or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I unpaired Zelphas/Cazero. For reasons I still think are decently valid.

I think we probably hit exactly one wolf in Zelphas/Squork, one dead AV and we have two left alive, one of which may or may not be Badger.

Also I had a thought at some point that AV is less likely to do the fake counterclaim with an inactive partner. Doesn't rule out Badger!Kish but if I'm right does rule out Kish/Badgerscape.

Back in an hour or two.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

And then there's the problem of "is my fellow monkey actually going to show up and vote?" Which I am kind of doubting rn.
    I regret following the advice to vote where I want to.
    If it's effectively 5 of us, and there's already two votes on me, then I need to swap back to Kish. That gives Snowblaze the option to lynch me or Kish.

But since Cazero seems to be playing with "let Snowblaze and Book Wombat choose the lynch", maybe I have been wrong about him. I felt similar in the HSHC game. Though I guess nothing prevents a late-Day vote swap.

Vote Count
    JeenLeen (2): Kish, bladescape
    Kish (2): Cazero, JeenLeen

No vote: Snowblaze, Book Wombat

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

ftr Wombat is around; at least he checked into monkey chat and asked who he should vote a few hours ago. I told him "whoever I vote but I haven't actually reached a decision yet".

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

That's a relief.
    Well, if you vote me or Kish, that puts that person at 3 votes.
    If you vote Cazero, I'll join his wagon and gets to 3 votes.
    If anyone moves votes around so y'all don't choose the lynch target (e.g., no longer at 3 votes), we probably caught a baddie and hopefully caught them before it's too late.

So it's up to Team Monkey.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Though I guess nothing prevents a late-Day vote swap.
    Am I getting that predictable?
    If anyone moves votes around so y'all don't choose the lynch target (e.g., no longer at 3 votes), we probably caught a baddie and hopefully caught them before it's too late.
    Disagree. At this point, wolves need all villagers in the POE to die by vote. Moving a vote for self-preservation is a valid villager move.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yeah, I probably need to actually vote atp. JeenLeen.

Confidence low but not completely non-existent: partly because I agree with bladescape's reasons and partly because I think the majority of plausible worlds contain wolf!Jeen.

I will be disappearing in a little while but should be back before EOD if there are counterarguments or dramatic revelations to change my mind.

Sorry if this is the move that loses town this game. Hoping it isn't.

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Looking back over things, I'm leaning Kish and Cazero as the baddies more than bladescape as Badger with one of them.

Good luck next Day, y'all.
    bladescape, if your vote on me was info-gathering rather than legit, now's a good time to say something.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

::snarls and starts to shift forms::

I knew we should have killed you first, Cazero! But that blasted Badger played his part too well. That's right! We slew Badger!
    And do you how hard it is for a colorbind wolf to vote by colored balls! I thought my red was on Xihirli, not my fellow wolf.
    Oh, but at least we got Crow and Snake, that much was certain.
    You servants of the Four may have defeated us, but at least we have partial vengeance with your sorrow and dead.

JeenLeen claimed wolf

Comrades, sorry for the mistakes. Cazero, bladescape, wish we killed ya sooner. Hope no hard feelings, Illven, Squork.
    The only chance I had at winning was y'all mislynch Cazero and Kish, and Spider blocks no kills, then I vote before the other person the final Day.
    So who Spider, Taffimai or bladescape?

Even if I convinced y'all to lynch someone else this Day, when game doesn't end I'm likely done for the next Day.
    Here was my hope:
    DAY --> 5 Cazero/Kish mislynch
    NIG --> 4 kill bladescape
    DAY --> 3 Cazero/Kish mislynch
    NIG --> 2 kill Snowblaze
    DAY whoever votes first of me / Book Wombat wins

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Day 5 END

People are nervous at the fifth day. With six people left and no security, after so many deaths, they are looking for any reason to grab the real wolves and kill them.

It is to nobody's surprise then that when a Wolf reveals himself he's grabbed- his hands and legs are bound, and so his mouth in fear that he's going to kill one last time. This time is no execution- the werewolf is carries and up to the hill and thrown by the entire leftover villagers down the hill. It's straight up murder- it's blood on everybody's hands now.

It is with extreme suspiciousness that the villagers go to bed that night. After all, there's so preciously few left.

And it is with incredulity and tears of joy that the villagers wake up in the morning, all five of them- and the red mist is gone. JeenLeen, the last werewolf, was thrown down the cliff in anger and fear.

They know they won. They can't believe it until the second day, but they know. They'll have to rebuild, and it'll be hard to forget the horrors of the last few days, but staying united with the help of the Monkeys the village will survive this.

Game END, the wolves have been defeated!

Also the Badger. Never forget the Furtive Badger.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2023-02-13 at 05:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Colossus in the Playground

Thank you, snow and blade for lynching me
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Good game everyone!
    Your friendly neighbourhood Badgermole is sad to have lost, but thanks you all for a fun time!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

So who Spider, Taffimai or bladescape?
    It was me

Very well played JeenLeen (and the other wolves), I'm sorry your team had so much bad luck. You made a very valiant last stand!
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2023-02-13 at 05:46 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

wink Re: Raging Loop

Deathchat blah blah

14. - Top - End - #434
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Thank you, snow and blade for lynching me
    At least we won post mortem for you?

But yes, sorry about that. I made a bad mistake in estimating the position of the game and took a few phases to realise I'd waddled off the deep end lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah I realised Taffi or Pers was Spider and was pretty much pretending to be Spider to put doubt into the minds of everyone.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

It's been an interesting game to follow, though it seems like the lack of flips would make it even more stressful and paranoia inducing than a regular game.

16. - Top - End - #436

Yeah, I wouldn't have joined it other than as a "game-nearly-over" replacement. Too much stress for me.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    It's been an interesting game to follow, though it seems like the lack of flips would make it even more stressful and paranoia inducing than a regular game.
    It was a lot of fun though (thank you Valmark!)

I feel like it made me look at people's behaviour more rather than trying to get info from vote movements.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

18. - Top - End - #438

Hey Jeen, I got access to wolf chat

Can you pm me for my knowledge.

"Makes sense why Illven was okay seeming odd; she knew she could claim to save herself"

In what way was I odd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Done. Though I mostly meant I figured you didn't care if something you said could be taken poorly, since you had a claim as backup. "Odd" as in potentially suspicious, not meant in a bad way.
    I definitely used that when I was Innocent Child.

---

I regret my 'Zelphas/BW distancing' comment, meant to distance me from Zelphas, ended up getting him so much traction.
    Regret the mistake with voting Xi, though probably didn't change a ton. Zelphas was gonna die sooner or later.
    Really regret killing Persolus, though I can at least halfway blame him for doing way too good a job at getting towncred.

A couple times, I got so in my 'Town mindset' I had to remind myself to not actually catch a wolf.
    Caveat to everybody that, while I'm trying to up my wolf game by playing it more like a townie, please don't lynch me as town for acting towny.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

We won! I didn't mess up too spectacularly!

First apologies to Ilven and Squork for getting you mislynched.

ftr, Ilven, I don't think you were particularly wolfy and wouldn't have voted you without the counterclaim thing. There was a little voice in my head saying actually maybe it is a smart move for wolves to counterclaim here but it was cancelled out by "am I just thinking this because of AV" and also not feeling sufficiently engaged in the game to go against the grain and seriously advocate killing AV or neither claimant.

Personally I would have left it later before claiming but I can understand the choice to claim when you did given time zone stuff.

But, yeah, sorry.

As for Squork: I guess your playstyle is just one that happens to match things I tend to expect from wolves. I know that for next time, at least! And also flipless games suck, I probably wouldn't have voted you given Zelphas flip.

But I got there eventually. Pleased I figured out that Zelphas was wolf despite AV claiming they were.

Lessons learnt: listen to Xihirli's AV reads, listen to Taffimai's reads full stop (should have already learnt that one, sorry!), don't suppress controversial reads because I haven't had a high enough thread presence, don't townread Jeen for just doing solvy stuff, the same for Persolus, kill AV on general principle.

And yup, completely seconding the "too much in town mindset as a wolf" thing, Jeen.

(Also, bladescape, you did successfully convince me you were Spider up until Ti died and Valmark told me they could protect the same player two nights in a row. Then I decided to keep my mouth shut and kill any future Spider claimant with fire.)

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #441
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

NOONE noticed Persolus' breadcrumbed (fake) "seer" in his first posts ):
    also gg, also to the wolves who basically lost because of bad luck - beteen lynching Zelphas and nking the badger
    Quotes
    I play W/W Mafia! I still claim I was Town all along! Believe me!
    Spoiler: Idea stolen from Snowblaze
    Show

W/W games lynched d1: 3
    W/W games played (excludes spectating) total: 9
    W/W games won: 5
    W/W games lost: 5
    W/W games narrated: 0
    W/W games spectated: 4
    W/W games as wolf: 2
    W/W games as Town: 6
    W/W games as Neutral: 1
    W/W games as Other: 0

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I read up some in deadchat.
    I find Discord really annoying to scroll back in history, then back to the present. Maybe it's easier on phone than PC?

I think my biggest "wolf tell" was not realizing until the last Day that bladescape could be Badger. Town!me would've contemplated that, even if I wrote it off as unlikely. That was a TMI slip.
    Though D1 I did think he might be due to that "cryptic" line. Otherwise, I think he would've been the N1 kill.

I found it funny when I realized, to have any chance at winning, I needed flat_footed not to autolynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna in deadchat
    my suspicion is Jeen is thinking about "what would town-me do here" in order to look town, and maybe not thinking enough about what will actually advance wolf-Jeen's objectives.
    Totally.
    And... well, I've been trying to learn to play wolf how I play town. Someone (months ago? A year ago?) mentioned a strategy of D1 they post as if they were Town, and only later modify things. I'm not quite doing that, but trying to be close.
    Last game, I leaped too fast on Caedorus and that got me NKed. Not for going after Caedorus per se, but because flat_footed saw it as pocketing him, but bad result regardless.
    This game I did better.
    Next game... I really hope the strategy doesn't backfire and folk kill me for just being towny.

Between real life busy (weekends bad, dishwasher broke again, family visiting), my weekend game wasn't well coordinated or thought out.
    I also reckon I talked too much when I should have stayed quiet and just hoped for luck. And no experience playing with Kish, though I assumed they were an old hat in this forum since somebody Valmark thought to invite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    (Also, bladescape, you did successfully convince me you were Spider up until Ti died and Valmark told me they could protect the same player two nights in a row. Then I decided to keep my mouth shut and kill any future Spider claimant with fire.)
    Glad I didn't fakeclaim Spider!
    Considered it, but was too sure it was bladescape. And I already said "vanillager"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    don't townread Jeen for just doing solvy stuff
    One of the things I find most fun in these games is elaborate solvey stuff. So I do it as either alignment, probably more than I should.
    If I'm Town, it backfires because I make a mistake or it sounds wolfy.
    If I'm wolf, it backfires because I accidentally solve the game as if I'm town and do more harm than good for my team.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Glad I didn't fakeclaim Spider!
    Considered it, but was too sure it was bladescape. And I already said "vanillager"
    The whole Spider situation was because I was moderately confident Spider was dead already and wanted to bait wolves/badger into claiming it so I could get a free first day out of the way lol.

Also wanted to convince everyone that I was real living Spider.

Which worked but didn't keep Ti alive which was the intended goal.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    The whole Spider situation was because I was moderately confident Spider was dead already and wanted to bait wolves/badger into claiming it so I could get a free first day out of the way lol.

Also wanted to convince everyone that I was real living Spider.

Which worked but didn't keep Ti alive which was the intended goal.
    Yeah the subtle Spider “slip” was fun to see, too bad Jeen was in a position where they needed to kill Ti that night or else they were guaranteed to lose.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Yep. When Valmark asked about replacing flat_footed, I ran every scenario of Replace/NotReplace and TryKillSeer/NotTry, and I auto-loss unless flat_footed was replaced AND I managed to kill Lady Ti.

I assumed -- based on AV's advice -- that Lady Ti would be baned the first Night after she claimed, so I killed someone I thought was a talkative vanillager: Taffimai.
    I hoped that Spider (bladescape) was guessing the WIFOM would land on wolves thinking Lady Ti was baned, so try kill the baner, so he baned the baner (himself).
    Worked out well in the end for the wolves even though I had the roles backwards.