New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Raging Loop

1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Raging Loop

Oh, playstyle? Taffimai is a blatant liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Wombat is a huge chatterbox, you have to shut him down immediately to have any chance of being able to follow the thread
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

My playstyle is AtE and self-voting.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I'm going for Cazero. I don't trust that guy. Never talks much until the game is solved.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2023-02-01 at 10:18 AM.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

4. - Top - End - #34

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I generally don't like voting due to RP. Others in this forum share that sentiment.
    Would a wolf joke about being a wolf, in order to look towny because "why would a wolf take such a risk?" while knowing it's probably a safe move?
    Snowblaze is sometimes a bold wolf, but "joke-claiming" wolf seems a little too bold.
    I disagree, I think it's entirely within character for Snow to try roleplaying as a wolf when she's a wolf just because it's fun - the same reason she'd do it as town. I agree that we shouldn't use it as a reason to vote her, but it's NAI.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    My playstyle is AtE and self-voting.
    Those are quirks. Your playstyle is to try to be aloof in an attempt to not get emotionally invested until you inevitably do and then throw in all but the kitchen sink ❤️
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I disagree, I think it's entirely within character for Snow to try roleplaying as a wolf when she's a wolf just because it's fun - the same reason she'd do it as town. I agree that we shouldn't use it as a reason to vote her, but it's NAI.
    She did the exact same thing last game, down to the "please don't scum-read me for this", and she wasn't a Wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai
    Those are quirks. Your playstyle is to try to be aloof in an attempt to not get emotionally invested until you inevitably do and then throw in all but the kitchen sink ❤️
    Nah, AV's style is to convince everyone she's town, regardless of whether or not she actually is, and get away with it. There is a reason why "lynch AV Day 1" is a joking part of the meta here.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    She did the exact same thing last game, down to the "please don't scum-read me for this", and she wasn't a Wolf.
    I still think RPing as a werewolf in a game where the fluff is the Wolves are werewolves is a bit far. Last game her RP was morally iffy but not overtly evil nor literally what the Wolf team was fluffed as. If she flips town this game, I'll join your opinion and just completely ignore her RP for analysis purposes in the future.
    So not completely persuaded, but I'll give this a "fair enough".

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Lo and behold.

I rolled a d14. It came up twelve, Armonia13, is number 12 in the player list. (SHOULD HAVE BEEN number 13! )
    Also fair enough.

7. - Top - End - #37

SwashbucklerGuy

Since we're on page two already, I think it might be a good idea to start these up?
    Spoiler: Vote Count #1
    Show
    TWO VOTES:
    Xihirli: bladescape, Snowblaze
    Illven: AvatarVecna, Zelphas
    Snowblaze: Xihirli, Book Wombat
    Book Wombat: Taffimai, JeenLeen

ONE VOTE:
    Persolus: Squork
    Cazero: Cazero
    Taffimai: Persolus
    Armonia13: Illven

NO VOTES:
    Bladescape:
    Zelphas:
    JeenLeen:
    Squork:
    Lady Serpentine:

PLEASE VOTE:
    Armonia13
    Lady Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Got it, you're Badger.
    Lol. No, I am not Badger (thankfully; lost wolf in a flipless game sounds pretty nightmarish).

Jeen, do you think my RP makes me more or less likely to be a wolf?

My own reads are pending, mostly because my RL schedule has returned to "crazily busy" so I haven't had time to do much more than skim everything. Proper analysis tomorrow, most likely

And four-way tie, yay!
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, AV's style is to convince everyone she's town, regardless of whether or not she actually is, and get away with it. There is a reason why "lynch AV Day 1" is a joking part of the meta here.
    I don't read AV as town, as a rule, I just read AV poorly and don't commit.

I'm inclined to actually bring someone into the lead and see what they do. Snow just claimed IRL busyness, so not her, and I doubt our ability to get much of use out of Xihirli or Book Wombat at this point in the game - Xihirli's more than capable of misdirection and outright obfuscation and it's entirely in-character regardless, while I'm not sure BW is going to say anything either way.

Which leaves Illven! I'd like to hear your top three reads for town and wolves, if you please. I know there's not a ton to go on, but there won't be if people don't do that.

Speaking of which, I have a slight townlean on JeenLeen - this feels like their town game, from the limited sample size I have - and then also on Snowblaze on account of the immediate double voting on her. Which leaves me with weak wolf reads on Book Wombat and Xihirli on account of that feeling like wolves slipping up by being too fast to do the same thing as each other when a townie does something NAI that they think they can spin.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2023-02-01 at 03:39 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

..except neither Xihirli nor Wombat voted me because of my RP. The latter was RNG and the former because she wants to kill me for... some reason I haven't worked out that doesn't depend on her alignment. I don't think either of the votes on me are AI.

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, they wouldn't exactly claim that if they were, but I guess those were spaced out more than I thought they were when I said that.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Jeen, do you think my RP makes me more or less likely to be a wolf?
    More likely. But a weak "more likely". And even if it's a good enough to reason early D1 when we have almost nothing to go on, it's not stronger than the Zelphas/BookWombat maybe-distancing I saw. It's not something I want to put you at a 3-vote wagon about.

But here's my reasoning:
    -most people wouldn't RP as a wolf because it sounds like claiming wolf. Especially early D1 when folk give votes for almost nothing
    -you RPed as a wolf.
    -so it is a townie RPing for fun, a wolf RPing for fun, or a wolf doing a WIFOM gambit to gain towncred
    And why would you, Snowblaze, do it? For fun? Sure, that's a reason and something that makes sense as Taffimai and Persolus stated. But I could see wolf!Snowblaze doing it to gain towncred in a WIFOM-sorta way in that it seems very unlikely a wolf would RP as wolf (plus the fun).

Note: I thought I made all the above fairly clear in my earlier posts. Maybe not phrased the same way, but I don't think I've said anything new to this answer. But you asked, so I might as well answer.

All that said, if it were someone else, I'd probably give towncred instead of a wolflean for this, because I haven't seen most folk be a bold wolf in that manner like I think I've seen you do. (Thinking back, I can't actually remember an exact instance, but I have somewhere in my head that Snowblaze makes some really bold moves as a wolf, bold in the sense that I'd think them town because there's no way a wolf would act that wolfy.)
    Or, at least, I probably would have given towncred before this post. Now that I've publicly discussed what I would or wouldn't read as wolfy, it seems hard to interpret someone deciding to RP. So I'd probably just ignore and take as NAI anyone else RPing as wolves.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

..except neither Xihirli nor Wombat voted me because of my RP. The latter was RNG and the former because she wants to kill me for... some reason I haven't worked out that doesn't depend on her alignment. I don't think either of the votes on me are AI.
    We’ve been enemies for a long time… right?
    I think?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Colossus in the Playground

At Lady Serpentine.

Well first thing is instead of a wolf not wolf read, I think Armoina is a non monkey role. Whether town or wolf. I feel the radio silence so far is a new player panicking without a confirmed Mason buddy.

Hmmm

Wolf reads.

Maybe Bladescape, he did respond to a request for info about playstyles? I feel that's something town blade wouldn't do except to make a point or after game

After that Xi? She's doing the whole I don't fear death thing she did last game where she was a wolf.

Hmm. I don't want this to be my I accused ti of being a wolf till I'm right, but you seem a little overeager and expaliny

As for town.

Snowblaze, Jeenlean, persolus.

I've got to get going reasons later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

After that Xi? She's doing the whole I don't fear death thing she did last game where she was a wolf.
    Well, just kill me then.
    Do it.
    You won’t.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Last time I lynched you D1 we were both wolves. I'd rather not have people decide to check for a pattern.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2023-01-31 at 04:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

At Lady Serpentine.

Well first thing is instead of a wolf not wolf read, I think Armoina is a non monkey role. Whether town or wolf. I feel the radio silence so far is a new player panicking without a confirmed Mason buddy.

Hmmm

Wolf reads.

Maybe Bladescape, he did respond to a request for info about playstyles? I feel that's something town blade wouldn't do except to make a point or after game

Hmm. I don't want this to be my I accused ti of being a wolf till I'm right, but you seem a little overeager and expaliny

As for town.

That's within Xi's town meta too tho is the thing.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

I’ve worked very hard to cultivate this image specifically so that it can’t be used against me.

It still only SOMETIMES works.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Can finally post on desktop and explain my townleads.

While from what I've been told, Snowblaze can be ruthless towards her partners. I don't see a benefit to rp's as a wolf. All it does is put the idea that snow is a wolf in our minds.

Jeenleen posts good reasons to start getting discussion going.

Persolous just seems like they're here and don't want to die. :P

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

20. - Top - End - #50

SwashbucklerGuy

Persolous just seems like they're here and don't want to die. :P
    I'm sorry, my pockets are full at the moment.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

@Valmark: when is D1 ending?
    Your post says as close to 48 hours as you can, but it got publicly posted a while after you wrote it.

22. - Top - End - #52

Your post says as close to 48 hours as you can, but it got publicly posted a while after you wrote it.
    Kay, we can figure this out.

48 hours from start of day would be approx ~13 hours from now, to ~15 hours from now.

They pm'd Flat, at this time.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...2&postcount=57

And Taffi posted about 2 hours later.
    Last edited by Illven; 2023-02-01 at 12:23 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Alright. I'm in the vote lead, it's like 11ish to 13ish hours till end of day and I intend to be unconscious for like at least 8 of them.

So while I'd have liked to save this so as to reduce the risk of getting wolfed, I need to survive the lynch to worry about getting wolfed.

I'm the crow, if I had had enough time to spell it out, my previous posts would have started with black bird, but I only managed to get through black.

In addition, my character Princess Olivia was played as a Life cleric, and what is a life cleric but a fantasy medic. I healed so much hp, everyone kept bleeding.

SO VECNA IF YOU KILL ME YOU DONT GET YOUR PRECIOUS INFO, CAUSE ILL BE TOO DEAD TO SHARE IT!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Crow claim already? That is... okay, then. I think I believe it, pending any counterclaim. (Yes, this is me claiming not-Crow).

If we're doing claims then it's kind of important to get serious wagons going so we can at least salvage something from this D1.

As such, Zelphas - because I agree with Jeen that his opening gave me gut pings and I'd rather vote the person who actually did the suspicious thing than the person who may or may not be partnered with them.

Anyway, yeah. Reads. Err, vague townlean on Jeen I guess? (Also I am doing the RP thing for a reason, which does make sense for town!me. It's just... is it less effective to explain it, or am I just feeling cryptic? Let's go with a bit of both.)

Um. I'm guessing I don't get points for townreading PR claimants? I'll skim back through stuff and try and dredge something up.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, right, no-one else is actually voting Zelphas. The way Jeen posed their statement about who they were voting made me think someone was and I was actually starting a wagon.

...Jeen, can I interest you in voting Zelphas with me?
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2023-02-01 at 01:56 PM.

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Kay, we can figure this out.

48 hours from start of day would be approx ~13 hours from now, to ~15 hours from now.

They pm'd Flat, at this time.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...2&postcount=57

And Taffi posted about 2 hours later.
    Close enough, given that you posted this at 6 AM (my time).

In 11 hours and 11 minutes Day 1 will end. Or as close to that as I can make it.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. Crow claim. Not the worst choice; we know Spider is around and Crow can just provide info on an ongoing basis now.

I could go for Zelphas.

"I don't want to actually contribute to making the gamestate progress" is a valid alternative reading of not wanting to put a second vote on anyone, and that pings wolfy. Plus, as Jeen says, some weird maybe-distancing and that means it might give information on two people.

27. - Top - End - #57

RedKnightGirl

Note: I thought I made all the above fairly clear in my earlier posts. Maybe not phrased the same way, but I don't think I've said anything new to this answer. But you asked, so I might as well answer.
    Fwiw I had totally misread your first post on the subject and it then seemed to contradict the second one, so I'm happy Snow asked.

Bladescape's willingness to share info varies from game to game, I can see how you would make this assessment if you've not seen this side of him, but it's unfortunately NAI.

I'm the crow, if I had had enough time to spell it out, my previous posts would have started with black bird, but I only managed to get through black.
    I went back to check how long the day had been because it felt like we hadn't been going for 36 hours yet, but yeah. It's very unfortunate that you had to claim and that there's been relatively little conversation this D1.

I'm changing my vote to Cazero because Snow already voted Zelphas and they're the two 1-posters. Hope we get something tangible to go on by this evening.

- - - Updated - - -

Votecount:

Taffimai 1: Persolus
    Persolus 1: Squork
    Ilven 1: Zelphas, AV
    Armonia 1: Ilven
    Snow 2: Wombat, Xihirli
    Xihirli 1: Bladescape
    Wombat 1: JeenLeen
    Cazero 2: Cazero, Taffimai
    Zelphas 2: Snow, Serpentine

Not voting: Armonia
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2023-02-01 at 01:31 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Ilven 1: Zelphas, AV

1 vote huh? Interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

At Lady Serpentine.

Hmmm

Wolf reads.

As for town.

wolf leans: blade/Xi/Ti

town leans: Snow/Jeen/Pers

Also interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Crow claim already? That is... okay, then. I think I believe it, pending any counterclaim. (Yes, this is me claiming not-Crow).
    Very interesting.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #59

RedKnightGirl

Votecount:

Illven 2: Zelphas, AV

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    wolf leans: blade/Xi/Ti

town leans: Snow/Jeen/Pers
    It took me way too long to realise you were summing up Illven's reads, not making your own

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Doubling down on my vote for Illven.

My Homebrew