New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: tomboys and troublemakers part 4: the doom that is to come

For sure. I am also sensitive to the possibility that our GM (and maybe some players!) are wearying of this brawl; but we do need a sensible solution… whether that’s intermission 2 and a phase three of trying to restrain their ship and counterboarding, or a GM summary judgement that we wipe out the sarls and only a few are swept away on a vengeful undertow by their disappointed gods.

I, for what it is worth, am having a ball.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah agree 100%

I am happy to move on

If they want to try to get to land and flee, well that is what Wighard has been keeping the wolves back for, as he didn't want them to get inside the fort
    Last edited by wilphe; 2023-06-24 at 06:46 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

We're at page 50 of the OOC again so we will soon have to move to a new one. But I've also just now created a Roller thread for our game, mostly for myself, given how often I find myself double and triple posting for fate rerolls, janked up roller code, things I forgot, etc. Everyone should feel free to use it for all their rolling concerns. Just make sure you label what you're rolling for, since it doesn't allow editing.

It's here, in Der Dicenplatz.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I don't mind the fight, but it was just a bit confusing with all the other stuff going on IRL. I'm okay with ending the combat though. Most people will retreat when their leaders and quite a few of their comrades are killed, so it is kinda logical.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm just glad my basically unarmoured thief got through relatively unscathed.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

And nobody on our side died - which is remarkable

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Troll in the Playground

I will start a new OOC and move stuff across

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...of-Bourdeleaux

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Having begun the raid with

30 Bondsmen
    2 Daemongunners
    3 Characters

...They are retreating with...

0 Characters,
    1 Daemongunner,
    22 Bondsmen.

Of those 22 Bondsmen:

11 are unharmed.
    8 are lightly wounded
    3 are heavilly wounded (less than 4 wounds).

Spiteful last turns still to be played out belong to Jasmine, Bruno, and Meloth.

Theoretically, Jasmine and Regine still have a back-strike to make on Boarder 4, and Bruno gets a backstrike on boarder 8.

After this, there is however long of an Intermission (2 rounds?) worth of our ranged attackers pelting them with ranged attacks while the sailors. It's an interesting standoff. We probably can't take 22 Norscans in a brawl openly. We might be in a weird situation where, like Wilphe said, for a while we're just chasing them while Meloth sinks arrows in the backs of their heads, and Jasmine redeems the Nutcracker a few times. Their alternative is to try to board again, or to swim for their lives, or try to run their boat to ground on the island and run for it (if it's not about to disappear!)

All in all, heck of a fight, very touch and go in places. All our sailors are getting bonuses.

In fact, I'd like to suggest that each of us 'adopt' a Couronnan sailor. Since there's six of them,I mean; it might be fun to give them names and a certain amount of personality just so that the next time we get in a fight like this we can all pilot one. And, in situations where the sailors are taking actions/wounds, it actually happens to NPCs we know something about and care about. Something to consider, @bramble. They're only going to be with us for seaborne stretches.

Anyway, first things first: Step 1, prevent this ship of jerks from being able to trouble us again.
    Step 2, figure out what's going on with the island.

EDIT: Oh, and Step 3 - sort out loot. But that can way for a break in the action - though Bertelis will scoop up that Best Axe and hold onto it for a moment.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-06-24 at 08:52 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    We probably can't take 22 Norscans in a brawl openly. We might be in a weird situation where, like Wilphe said, for a while we're just chasing them while Meloth sinks arrows in the backs of their heads, and Jasmine redeems the Nutcracker a few times.
    Almost enough time for Regine to reload her repeater too.

We would get to benefit from the same channelling boarding them, because all 22 will not be able to fight us at once.

Wighard is fresh and has his defences up

Though probably we don't need to board them, just ensure they cannot get away by counter grappling and use of Trundheim's abilities and pick them off at our leisure

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Lavagirl
    Lavagirl went back to the ship, but I don't think he burned an FP to do so

Is Spiky JR dead?

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Doubtful. Just landed 3 wounds on him from 3 attacks (great rolling) as he fled. So scarred up probably, dead? Doubtful.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Yeah, it's all adding up to a victory on our part I think. Really, I do think if some of our sailors had rolled a little worse, we'd have been flooded with boarders and they'd have less reason to let up. Pity about that last blunderbuss shot, Wilphe; but I guess it sort of evens out that once-in-a-lifetime 15-in-1 shot from earlier.

Up to you, Bramble, how we proceed; I think we're resolved that we'd rather fight it out than have them sneak off and bite us in the butt, however.

Oh! And for fairness's sake, I rolled three warhorse attacks against Odmar in the roller, given the beasts were wilding out because of Wighard's magic. He was very fortunate to have avoided them, so it looks like he calmed them down with probably a wealth of bruises and scrapes, but was not kicked or trampled seriously. I'm glad, because that would have... upset me. Poor, poor Odmar.

EDIT: Re Lavagirl

Lavagirl did; but then Jasmine ran to the railing and shot Lavagirl in the back of the head with a pistol out of raw frustration for our recurring enemies.

Spiky Hair Jr, I think is dead. He's just a bondsman (with some mild lycanthropy). Maxime hit him while he ran for a 7 damage hit as well, and Jasmine is entitled to a turn of stabbing him and then rolling a back-attack too. Given how many hits he's taken, it seems likely he's taken out.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-06-24 at 09:12 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Oh, and naturally everybody, go ahead and post your character sheets in the first posts of the new OOC; we'll continue using this one until they are all up, nice and neat, for easy reference.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Troll in the Playground

I'm updating the timeline forward and back

31 Sigmartide - Group arrived in Courrone

32 Sigmartide - Bertelis meets the King

33 Sigmartide - Travel to Anguille

1 Summertide - Battle of Anguille docks

2 Summertide - Anguille secedes

4 Summertide - Divert to avoid storm

11 Summertide - Now

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

By the way Wighard is 25 now, as I rolled d400 to decide his birthday and it fit in during the Pilgrimage so he was still 24 when he made Magister