New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: If you cast Fission, kill yourself, then revive yourself, is your fission permane

Seriously.

Schism splits your mind literally in two.
    Your mind splits into two independent parts
    Psyche is soul, mind, and spirit. So schism splits your psyche in two.

Why would fission be any different? Why wouldn't fission fracture your soul/psyche in two? I got two fractured partial souls while fissioned. If one dies I lose it which is represented by negative levels which need to be repaired via restoration. I repair my fractured damaged soul with restoration.

Does Fission say your soul gets fractured? No. It doesn't say anything. So I don't bring it up as an argument because it's baseless.

Does Fission say souls are stretched? No. It doesn't say anything.
    Does Fission say duplicate is souless and your soul is transferred to it? No. It doesn't say anything.

But despite this, The soul is transferred because "I say so." Actually, it's because For all intents is not a shortened form of For all intents and purposes and is in fact a secret hidden terminology referencing soul transfer because I say so and that's why the soul is transferred.

Or The soul is stretched between the two because... "I say so." Revivify stops the soul inside a corpse from leaving but nope it already left because the soul is stretched because... "I say so".

or The soul is not fractured but transferred or stretched because... "I say so". And schism has nothing to do with anything.

"The conclusion to this rule discussion is whatever I say it is and if you disagree then you're wrong because.... I say so."

Where are the rule quotes?
    Where are the precedents?

Nowhere. Just... Soul is stretched or transferred instead of fractured because... "I say so".

And when i reject such a flimsy argument its... "You're seeking validation. Go back to your DM. You're playing d&d wrong. This is not a competitive game. Rules don't matter, make up whatever you want."

Everyone except Gruftzwerg and Zombimode is on my ignore list in this thread. They're the only people here who didn't talk about made up arbitrary soul rules. I didn't fully understand what Zombimode said but Gruftzwerg's post is 100% rule based.

Schism is a stronger precedent than anything any of you provided yet you don't see me using it as an argument to a rule discussion about an ability that literally does not mention soul, mind, or psyche at all in its description.

No no no, I'm a fisher seeking validation for rejecting absolutely arbitrary baseless **** with no precedent.
    Last edited by alexstrasa81; 2023-01-31 at 04:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: If you cast Fission, kill yourself, then revive yourself, is your fission permane

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Closed for review
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2