New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Pathfinder 2E Sneak attack spells as Rouge question.

Hi i'm new the pathfinder 2e and was wondering a few things about Using spells as a Rouge.
    Quote Originally Posted by BassoonHero View Post
    No, the problem is that the limit one can achieve with physical brute force from a human body is low, very, very, very low, so obviously someone pursuing strength via muscles is not going to get far.
    This is certainly true in 3.5, but I don't think that it's an inevitable feature of the fantasy genre. Look at wuxia. Look at mythology. Look at what "peak human" means in the DC universe. I think that "strength via muscles" can do some pretty amazing things if the system allows for it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Pathfinder 2E Sneak attack spells as Rouge question.

Quote Originally Posted by death390 View Post
    Hi i'm new the pathfinder 2e and was wondering a few things about Using spells as a Rouge.
    Didn't mean to post at that time.

1: Magical trickster allows Sneak attack on spell attack, but is there a way to get debilitations on spell attacks since they specify strikes or are they strikes?
    2: Eldritch Archer: Eldritch shot allows you to fire a spell and with a arrow, does this apply Sneak attack on each of them since it counts as two attacks for MAP penalty.
    No, the problem is that the limit one can achieve with physical brute force from a human body is low, very, very, very low, so obviously someone pursuing strength via muscles is not going to get far.
    This is certainly true in 3.5, but I don't think that it's an inevitable feature of the fantasy genre. Look at wuxia. Look at mythology. Look at what "peak human" means in the DC universe. I think that "strength via muscles" can do some pretty amazing things if the system allows for it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by death390 View Post
    Didn't mean to post at that time.

1: Magical trickster allows Sneak attack on spell attack, but is there a way to get debilitations on spell attacks since they specify strikes or are they strikes?
    2: Eldritch Archer: Eldritch shot allows you to fire a spell and with a arrow, does this apply Sneak attack on each of them since it counts as two attacks for MAP penalty.
    1. As far as I know, spell attacks still aren't strikes even if Affected by MAP.

2. Since Eldritch Shot makes only one attack roll and there is no spell attack roll, Sneak Attack applies only once I think.

However, an Eldritch Archer with Magical Trickster should get for two due to investment I think.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yeah i was afraid that Debilitating strikes wouldn't work since it specifies strikes. I don't see anything that can let Spell attacks trigger debilitating strike. Which is a big deal from what i can see since a lot of the Rogue abilities trigger off debilitating strike (master strike, bloody debilitations, etc).

I would think the magical trickster would count since it allows spell attacks to sneak but its ONLY specific to allowing that exact thing.

I agree Eldritch shot should give two but i have the feeling it will count as 1 for most DMs as i doubt they would want to let Magus get 2x SA on spellstrike. which is the equivalent.