New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Manyshot + Two Weapon Fighting

My DM is doing a campaign that takes place in a more modern setting (A reverse Isekai if anyone knows what that means) essentially, us modern day people suddenly gain a level in a D&D class, and monsters start appearing [Based on the "Lone Necromancer" korean webcomic]. I thought it'd be cool to dual wield pistols.

How does the manyshot feat work in conjunction with the rapid shot and the two weapon fighting feats? I have seen forums about twf and hand crossbows, but none of them mentioned the Manyshot feat.

At level 6, full fighter, with Improved two weapon fighting, Rapid shot, and Greater Manyshot.

How many attacks, and what's the breakdown.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Manyshot + Two Weapon Fighting

Manyshot specifically only works with bows where you can knock more than one arrow at a time.

Using manyshot is also specifically called out as being a standard action, so you cant do other attacks in the same round like you would in a full attack.

Short answer: it doesnt work.
    Long answer: it doesnt work because you cant manyshot with pistols, and manyshot uses an action that makes it incompatible with two weapon fighting.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Even on a bow, even with that bow being the only weapon, manyshot is already incompatible with rapid shot.

However, you could drop manyshot from the mix and replace it with the quick loading WSA (bit pricy for the level, but it is a fighter's primary). That would give you an attack progression of crossbow/crossbowRapid/crossbowIterative//dagger/daggerIterative +2/+2/-3 // +2/-3, including only base attack bonus, iteratives, rapid shot, and TWF penalties. The rapid reload feat is insufficient here, because it still requires a free hand.
    Last edited by Lilapop; 2023-02-02 at 05:55 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Lilapop View Post
    Even on a bow, even with that bow being the only weapon, manyshot is already incompatible with rapid shot.
    I'm suspecting OP either plays pathfinder or has houseruled in the pathfinder version of manyshot and just forgot to tag the thread appropriately. In pf, manyshot simply adds another arrow on your first attack when full-attacking. (I'd link it, but postcount says no).

That said, your idea still doesn't work though, as even in pf, manyshot is bow-exclusive, and I struggle to imagine a believable variation of the "multiple arrows from a single bowstring"-trope for firearms. Maybe you could design some kind of double-barreled pistol, where one barrel can only fire once a round? That would go pretty far into homebrew-territory though, and I am too unfamiliar with firearms in pf to tell you anything about it.
    Last edited by Robster; 2023-02-02 at 06:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Robster View Post
    Maybe you could design some kind of double-barreled pistol, where one barrel can only fire once a round? That would go pretty far into homebrew-territory though, and I am too unfamiliar with firearms in pf to tell you anything about it.
    You're talking about metal storm: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eJJg2w
    If you could make anything and everything welcome to the Zinc Saucier XLV: Figaro

My competition's medals.

Spoiler: For purposes of clarity
    Show
    1109 is September, 11 - my birthday.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I'm suspecting OP either plays pathfinder or has houseruled in the pathfinder version of manyshot and just forgot to tag the thread appropriately. In pf, manyshot simply adds another arrow on your first attack when full-attacking. (I'd link it, but postcount says no).
    Not gonna lie, if you're gonna play a game set in a modern setting, with magic sprinkled in, how could you pass up the opportunity to try out D20 Modern, and it's accompanying sourcebook Urban Arcana? Its literally designed for what you wanna be doing.
    Last edited by Crake; 2023-02-02 at 07:14 AM.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.

Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

That said, your idea still doesn't work though, as even in pf, manyshot is bow-exclusive, and I struggle to imagine a believable variation of the "multiple arrows from a single bowstring"-trope for firearms. Maybe you could design some kind of double-barreled pistol, where one barrel can only fire once a round? That would go pretty far into homebrew-territory though, and I am too unfamiliar with firearms in pf to tell you anything about it.
    I mean, if his game is based in the modern world...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_Firearms_AF2011A1
    If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanos View Post
    I mean, if his game is based in the modern world...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_Firearms_AF2011A1
    Right, but that kind of thing would be better reflected by the weapon itself, rather than through a feat. It's definitely more complicated to knock two arrows on a bow than it is to pull the trigger on a double barreled weapon.