New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Wells of Darkness

@paradox26

IIRC, mudane stuff like oil, is unaffected by an AMF, I would like to know how high up the remaining portion of the tree(s) are related to the ground where my character is standing near atm

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The trees are burned to a height of ten feet above the ground, where the AMZ is ended. Above that height they are very thick still. And yes, you can try to burn them using oil and alchemists fire. But the enemy will likely try to stop you doing that.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

right I was waiting for the others to post stuff IC before doing anything

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Warriors, this is your chance to shine! I've done what I can down at the bottom. You'll have to bring em down so I can disintegrate them!

or the DM can punish us properly because everyone is playing some variation of Gish... :D

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

okay @paradox26
    this may end up being stupid but..
    action wise I think it is a standard action to "THROW" a flask of oil, as it would be targeting the "TREES" I do not know if an attack roll is required but presuming such, (improvised weapon -4, tree ac of what 10 ?) if I use both hands to throw I could toss 2 flasks as with TWF, no negatives for me, if I hand out oil to party members who do not have oil I could quickly expend all 6 of my oil, and in theory the tree area should be covered enough.. then probably the following round.. take a lit torch or some other such non magical flame, and toss several in there and hope to catch the tree on fire setting it ablaze.

I just need to know what rolls to make and then I can IC "RP" the whole interaction.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hi guys. Sorry I have been quiet, but my life situation has changed a fair bit in the last week. I am doing a study course that has heated up and is taking my nights, and my aged care client has gone into respite and I am now spending all of my days with him at the nursing home to keep him company while his guardian is overseas. This means I will be unable to have enough time to run any games for about the next month or so. I should be able to resume after that, so if you don't mind waiting then keep your characters and I will try to resume when my life goes back to normal. I am very sorry I am not able to continue running the game at this stage. I am able to play in the couple of games I am in because I can post for those while I am waiting to be allowed in to see my client, but I don't have time to be able to access my books when I am at home.

So I unfortunately, long story short, have to put the game on hiatus for three to four weeks. I will understand anyone who doesn't want to stick around, but if you do the game will resume soon.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Hi guys. Sorry I have been quiet, but my life situation has changed a fair bit in the last week. I am doing a study course that has heated up and is taking my nights, and my aged care client has gone into respite and I am now spending all of my days with him at the nursing home to keep him company while his guardian is overseas. This means I will be unable to have enough time to run any games for about the next month or so. I should be able to resume after that, so if you don't mind waiting then keep your characters and I will try to resume when my life goes back to normal. I am very sorry I am not able to continue running the game at this stage. I am able to play in the couple of games I am in because I can post for those while I am waiting to be allowed in to see my client, but I don't have time to be able to access my books when I am at home.

So I unfortunately, long story short, have to put the game on hiatus for three to four weeks. I will understand anyone who doesn't want to stick around, but if you do the game will resume soon.
    I dont have any issues with this. Just ping us when you're back and dont hurry! Its important to take care of you and yours first! :D

8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground

Take care of yourself and your life bro. I hope everything goes as well as it can. Will keep this subbed to take a look at when things become available again.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

take care, will keep checking this

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@paradox26, was this getting restarted, also who is still here?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am very sorry for the delayed restart. I wanted to kick off all of my games at once, and I was stuck waiting for an applicant for a re-recruitment. Also, my life got busy again, but I should now be able to handle it. So I have posted IC. Who is still with us?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

re: others, you may wish to pm them.

take days to burn
    oh lovely... tempted to just leave and move along see if the monkeys pursue or stay.

will wait to see if any of the others post anything first

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Good point. I might have to edit the IC post to speed up the fire. And if I haven’t heard from the others by morning I will PM them.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm here. Glad you're back!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@p26
    it appears that Warlawk has not been on in a few, so it may just be me, starmage and gunhaven

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Since we were in combat turns I didnt want to post out of turn. If we should continue, I'll make my next round's combat actions.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, haven't heard from Warlawk. I will leave their place open, as I have already tried PMing them to no response. We canc ontinue as is or re-recruit, up to you all.

You can post outside of turn order and I will just take it into account when I sort through things.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still sort of stuck in the same situation. Unless the monkeys drop down and fight, I cant hurt em. I can try to control the battlefield a bit, but thanks to AMF I cant do it in an area where it matters.

That said, it would seem we dont need to fight them, because theyre not going to give chase. They'll wait for us to make our way back out. I DO have a solution for this situation though. I can tear open a portal pretty much anywhere. Opinions?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Starmage21 View Post
    I'm still sort of stuck in the same situation. Unless the monkeys drop down and fight, I cant hurt em. I can try to control the battlefield a bit, but thanks to AMF I cant do it in an area where it matters.

That said, it would seem we dont need to fight them, because theyre not going to give chase. They'll wait for us to make our way back out. I DO have a solution for this situation though. I can tear open a portal pretty much anywhere. Opinions?
    let the tree burn down they will drop, that said ready an action to attack once they are down

have not seen gunhaven back yet..

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I will get a post up later this morning .

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@p26 I chatted with gunhaven on discord they will not be returning so a re-recruitment might be in order

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thanks for letting me know, Sam.
    How many extra players do you people want? I will put up an ad as soon as I get an answer to that question, as it is part of the Sixteen.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

well not sure about Starmage21's opinion so I would say there are 2 of us, so recruit 4, for 6 total then the standard pbp attrition can happen we might end with 4 total

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Do what you need to do :) I think this game could go places, so I am fully behind re-recruitment!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, thanks for the input. I have just put up an ad in the recruitment thread.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, to the original players, thanks for your patience. It took a while to get characters built and decisions made. Please welcome the new players: Llyarden, Ason, Powgow, and Da'Shain.

To the new players, welcome. Please pick a colour and feel free to start catching up on the IC thread, then you can start posting as you are ready.

I will include a link to the re-recruitment thread into Post 1 of this thread and the IC, as the rules require.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Hey p26 you might want to check the links on the re-recruit page i dont think the ooc links here
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-11-23 at 03:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

It does not, but it's not too hard to find.

Maraleon will speak in...let's say a nice plant-y green.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Thanks for the selection.

Alrunes is probably speaking in red because it's not in use, I think? I've also read the IC thread and had some ideas on how to introduce her. Is the thread getting updated first before we can post?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Glad to be aboard. Because I like nice reference places, I'll make a table to help us track who is who. Looking at what's left, I'll take Purple. I also stat'd out Aspexia's imp familiar and linked his sheet to her original bio post as well.

Player
    Character
    Color
    Starmage21 Jaxon Gray
    samduke Reiza Blue
    Llyarden Maraleon Green
    Powgow Alrunes Red
    Ason Aspexia Purple
    Da'Shain Ezhekianth "Kia" Orange

It's the Thanksgiving holiday in America today, but I'll skim the old posts when I can for reference. I'll also get to picking out her cleric spells for the day.
    Last edited by Ason; 2023-11-27 at 01:43 AM.