New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC]Devastation Ark

Also the entry for nanotech golems says it is immune to all spells that don't list constructs specifically as a target. Heat leech says creatures and objects, but doesn't say anything about constructs. Since the spell deals cold damage, it definitely slows the golem for 3 rounds with no save, but does it also deal any damage? My only reference is that for the other two entries it specifically addresses that the golem is confused *instead of the usual effects* for the the first and that it heals them for every 3 points of damage that would have been done for the 3rd one. Since the list are specific exceptions to immunity, and it says for spells that *deal* cold damage, instead of something like for spells that *would deal* cold damage or otherwise phrasing it in a way that makes it conditional, I think I am leaning toward it taking damage. Also since this spell is an area effect, it would take full damage instead of 1/2. Do any of you have any thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #272

@Ridai, the golem is also immune to critical hits, as well as entangled, flat-footed, off-kilter, off-target, pinned, prone, and staggered effects, so you can go quadruple attack instead and pump out more damage. or you can continue to trick attack for that damage, but you aren't getting any of the statuses, just so you know. After having "applied" them over a few rounds, you can see that it isn't quite working like you expect.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if the golem's immunity requires that specific entry and heat leech doesn't have it, I guess it is entirely immune to heat leech.

I'll try to throw a Necro Grenade next round.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Magical cold damage inflicts the Slowed condition for three rounds which should hopefully massively reduce its ability to dish out damage

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

And I am down, unless there is an error on my sheet.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Will get a post up later tonight

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

14 stamina point left

Who's down? FAR-US is actually a competent medic.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Are the other two bots still engaging us or have they stopped now that I assume the golem is down?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Oh damn! I forgot about those two!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

I have a busy day, but I'll manage a post tonight. Sorry for delays, the holiday made the start of this week a mess.
    'When you're lo-oo-ony, then you just don't give a fig.
    Man's so pu-oo-oony, and the universe so big.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    And if life should treat you bad...
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    @ahyangyi, just so you know heat leech affects ALL creatures in your cone burst (60ft out and 60 ft wide at the end of it), so it'll hit FAR-US. Since ICARUS-II is moving this turn, I can say they got out of the way before it fired. From what I remember FAR-US said they were fine with taking a hit so long as it got the Golem, but I just wanted to double check before processing it.
    I am flying; does that help singling out the golem?
    Last edited by ahyangyi; 2023-07-05 at 02:30 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Linklele. Thank you!

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by ahyangyi View Post
    I am flying; does that help singling out the golem?
    Unfortunately, the golem was sharing a space with FAR-US at that point, so there was no real way to avoid it. This fight is now almost done and then you can all take 10 mins and recover without too much issue (I don't think FAR-US is barely even into HP damage, just SP).

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Yeah, I would explain how the fear effect works, but I'm unconscious if I understand correctly.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

14. - Top - End - #284

I had it tracked as close, but the 35 damage doesn't knock you out, it would be the 29 from the cloud. However you get a DC 20 fort save to half that I thought would leave you with like 5 HP if you made it? Did I miscalculate? I didn't see your roll for the Fort save either.

If you it did knock you out, then on your turn you would spend 3 RP to stabilize and next turn spend 1 RP to go up to 1 HP. I also see you have DR 13 marked on your character sheet, though I don't remember where that comes from or what kind of damage it applies to.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Oh, I forgot about that! Sorry. It was meant to be versus kinetic damage, it came from the enhanced resistance feat.

I am still up. Will roll my save then take an action.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #286

Zombie

This week will not let up. My employer agreed to a more than full weeks workload from clients despite the holiday and is now confused as to why employees don't want to work more hours when they won't be getting overtime pay for them. As the middle man between the upper management and the employees on the floor, I'm squeezed.

Sorry for the venting, but this is not leaving me with any real time until next week. Rogue Alchemist, can you auto-pilot me until next week? I'm sorry for the ask, but between hours and stress I just don't have the ability to interact right now and don't want to hold up the game. Thanks.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Not gonna lie, even with all my medical stuff I took to be a better healer, healing 31 HP once per day per character (twice per day if I have a medical lab) when people have 80+ HP and get basically massacred in the average fight feels pretty measly.

Also damn, it took me a long time to look up and gather all the rules and rule interactions for this one turn. This is such a messy, fiddly game.

18. - Top - End - #288

Unfortunately, the golem was sharing a space with FAR-US at that point, so there was no real way to avoid it. This fight is now almost done and then you can all take 10 mins and recover without too much issue (I don't think FAR-US is barely even into HP damage, just SP).
    Alright! I (the player) failed Mapreading check...
    Awesome avatar by Linklele. Thank you!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'll throw some dice if needed to help polish off the remaining bots but otherwise I am good to go. FAR-US just barely avoided getting in to HP so a 10min rest will get back to full. I've got the feeling that this was the last encounter but FAR-US is well enough to take point again.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

@Ridai: FAR-US is serving as your nurse, which should push Isar's treatment up to 30 and hit that higher threshold for Treat Deadly wounds.

21. - Top - End - #291

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bayushi View Post
    This week will not let up. My employer agreed to a more than full weeks workload from clients despite the holiday and is now confused as to why employees don't want to work more hours when they won't be getting overtime pay for them. As the middle man between the upper management and the employees on the floor, I'm squeezed.

Sorry for the venting, but this is not leaving me with any real time until next week. Rogue Alchemist, can you auto-pilot me until next week? I'm sorry for the ask, but between hours and stress I just don't have the ability to interact right now and don't want to hold up the game. Thanks.
    No worries. I got caught up with the holiday too. Mental health always comes first, this is just something fun on the side. If I feel the game is ready to move on, but you aren't available, I'll just autopilot based on recent actions or what makes sense. For this time we can say that Kisada helped mop up the remaining robots pretty easily.

For everyone else, I am getting a post written up with what you all were working on discovering before being ambushed. I assume FAR-US, Delta, Akifansha, and Kisada handle the robots in 3-ish rounds, then everyone does the 10 minute rest to recover SP. sounds like Ram is healing, ICARUS is recuperating, Isar will survive, but probably not walk until he gets back to civilization.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Ram only needs two rounds to treat Isar and ICARUS, so she'll pick the person out of the trash and treat them if possible while people rest.

Short post from me. Weather's kicking my ass, as is lack of sleep because of the weather.

23. - Top - End - #293

Zombie

No worries. I got caught up with the holiday too. Mental health always comes first, this is just something fun on the side. If I feel the game is ready to move on, but you aren't available, I'll just autopilot based on recent actions or what makes sense. For this time we can say that Kisada helped mop up the remaining robots pretty easily.
    I appreciate the understanding. I'll need to be out for one more week as I am working non-stop to mop up last week's mess. I'll probably manage a post by Thursday or Friday. Sorry for dropping off the grid, everyone.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

24. - Top - End - #294

I appreciate the understanding. I'll need to be out for one more week as I am working non-stop to mop up last week's mess. I'll probably manage a post by Thursday or Friday. Sorry for dropping off the grid, everyone.
    You've been very forthright about your availability. I'm just glad you didn't ghost, as that puts us in the hardest position, but I know you've been feeling like you have trouble getting posts out, so I would have been able to work around it. Hope everything calms down a bit for you soon, and don't worry about us, we will be here.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

No worries, take your time.

However, do worry for the laws of physics, as Ramshackle can pull some 26000 weeks worth of rations from her non-magic, non-high tech (Ex) utility belt.

26. - Top - End - #296

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No worries, take your time.

However, do worry for the laws of physics, as Ramshackle can pull some 26000 weeks worth of rations from her non-magic, non-high tech (Ex) utility belt.
    That does seem concerning.

I am afraid the time has come to be realistic. With my co-manager being fired this weekend, I won't have enough time to continue to participate meaningfully in this game. I tried to hang in there, but I don't want to be a drag on a good play group, or an anchor to the game. I am sorry to leave, but adult life has to come first. I have enjoyed playing with all of you and appreciate your understanding and patience.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

No worries, thanks for playing. Hope things will ease up on your end sooner rather than later.

28. - Top - End - #298

That does seem concerning.

I am afraid the time has come to be realistic. With my co-manager being fired this weekend, I won't have enough time to continue to participate meaningfully in this game. I tried to hang in there, but I don't want to be a drag on a good play group, or an anchor to the game. I am sorry to leave, but adult life has to come first. I have enjoyed playing with all of you and appreciate your understanding and patience.
    I hate to hear that, but I understand. It's been great playing with you. I hope things cool down soon, if for no other reason than for you to catch your breath. If you find you want to come back later, just hit me up, I will find a way to work you back in.

29. - Top - End - #299

The perception DC to notice the trap was 39. Ram gets double her operative bonus to perception, so it should be noted as +8 instead of +4 on your character sheet. She gets free perception checks on traps, but would have been looking for it anyways, and I let Kisada give her a +2, bringing her passive perception to the required 39 to notice the trap. She could have disabled it on her own, but Kisada was there and had a higher rating, so I let him do it. That trap would have been 10d12 electricity damage had they not of disabled it.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Ram gets double Edge on Perception only to notice traps to my knowledge, so it doesn't affect any other possibly usages of Perception or passive Perception.