New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: [OOC]Devastation Ark

Rogue, we may be moving a little fast. I'm noticing that several players are not able to consistently post as quickly as others, they may find the pace problematic.
    'When you're lo-oo-ony, then you just don't give a fig.
    Man's so pu-oo-oony, and the universe so big.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    And if life should treat you bad...
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yea, I am happy to wait for people. Thanks for bringing it up. My goal here was to go ahead and let people know what was down there so they could do one big update instead of everyone say they are going down and then have to wait again for everyone to roll the checks. I plan to wait now until everyone has had a chance to post or 3 days. So far everyone has been posting about every other day on average as a group. I am happy with that pace, but we never did discuss expected post rate. I try to get on as much as I can, though I know the rest of this month is SUPER busy on weekends, so it'll be M-F for me to post until at least April. I am fine if we just move ahead 1/week with minor updates throughout the week, I just want to make sure people don't get bored and checkout.

EDIT: Also the group is welcome to split up at any point with some part scouting ahead and another part investigating more thoroughly, though that comes with some risk to the PCs.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2023-03-07 at 02:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

As long as I get the sense things are moving forward relatively consistently and at a decent pace, I'm flexible with the posting rate. Can do fast (once every 1-2 days or so), can do slower (though I would like to ask for the mentioned one "big step" per week as the minimum).

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    As long as I get the sense things are moving forward relatively consistently and at a decent pace, I'm flexible with the posting rate. Can do fast (once every 1-2 days or so), can do slower (though I would like to ask for the mentioned one "big step" per week as the minimum).
    I definitely agree as 1 step per week being a minimum. Obviously people may have something come up and not be able to post, I am fine with doing a basic action that makes sense in the situation for your character in those times or you can feel free to DM me or post here with what kind of action you want to do, but don't have time to RP or roll or whatever.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been very busy of late, but trying to keep posting as often as possible.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

No worries @Kvard51, thanks for letting us know though.

@Feathersnow, we haven't heard from you lately either. Not rushing you, just letting you know that we are waiting on you.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    No worries @Kvard51, thanks for letting us know though.

@Feathersnow, we haven't heard from you lately either. Not rushing you, just letting you know that we are waiting on you.
    I'm sorry. I forgot to check my backlog and didn't realize everyone had updated. I posted.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Will get a post up later today, though FAR-US is skilled but not exemplary at the requested skills so I don't think there will be much to add mechanically given the rolls already seen.

9. - Top - End - #99

alright, I'll wait for grumblyarcher to post. No worries FeatherSnow, I know it is easy to miss something, that is why I wanted to ping you to let you know. You had been pretty on top of it, so I figured something came up or you missed everyone posting.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ask and ye shall receive.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

So how are people feeling about Ram doing rapid recon by running with x6 speed and being able to still move normally (due to Jet Dash and Indirect Retreat)? Given there's a countdown, it doesn't seem like if there is something hostile nearby it won't be alerted already in some way.

12. - Top - End - #102

@ridai, just to confirm, you are moving and coming back to where you started, yes?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

That is my plan since I don't know where Ram is going, what she'll see, and what is going on. There's too many conditionals to guesstimate for any other plan. I don't want to get stranded several rounds away (in their movement rates) from the rest of the party.

14. - Top - End - #104

Okay, I just wasn't sure if you wanted to move around and end up just on the otherside of the door (next to Kisada) or up the stairs with Icarus. It only takes about 130 ft of movement to see all of the next room, then you can make it back to wherever you want.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Alright, a couple of clarifying questions:
    -Does it seem like all the doors have disintegration beams in compartments above them? Do we know?
    -Do the disintegration beams seem like something I could meaningfully break before they fired again if I hit them with a boosted shot from my Blue Star Conquerer?
    -How many rounds from the countdown starting to us getting hit again?

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by grumblyarcher View Post
    Alright, a couple of clarifying questions:
    -Does it seem like all the doors have disintegration beams in compartments above them? Do we know?
    -Do the disintegration beams seem like something I could meaningfully break before they fired again if I hit them with a boosted shot from my Blue Star Conquerer?
    -How many rounds from the countdown starting to us getting hit again?
    Fair enough. You can't see them, but no one saw this one until it activated. You could check (with perception again), but as of now you don't know.

You've never encountered the material this room (and the next hallway) is made out of before, but it almost appears to be some kind of metallic moss structure that somehow seems alive but also very solid. You can't tell how much damage a shot might do to it. Also the wall seemed to become transparent to let the beam pass through and then go back to the metallic mossy look of the rest of the wall, so you don't know for sure what is behind the wall, if it can move, or anything really.

It was 1 round of reactions from the countdown starting to hitting you (basically there was an alert followed by a countdown of 5, 4, 3, 2, 1; but none of you speak the language, so you don't know the exact numbers, however there were 5 distinct sounds made with a small pause between each). This time all you hear is the energy building up again, so there is a pause, though how long isn't clear and you hear no announcements of any kind.

However we are still in tactical movement, so 1 round worth of actions (standard and a move action along with whatever free or swift actions you have for 1 round).
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2023-03-14 at 08:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Aw heck. I forgot to mention that Ramshackle has Trap Spotter, giving her double her edge bonus to Perception to find traps, and she also automatically rolls to find traps when she gets within 10ft of them. Would this have triggered or does this not count as a trap?

Did not expect the trap to not target anything in the outer corridor, though. That was the main thing confusing me, since this began after opening the door, so it seemed like a countdown for something bigger than just the room. If it did happen in response to tampering, why wouldn't it just fire immediately.

I really need to learn sivv, otherwise the adventure authors will keep screwing me over.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-03-14 at 08:33 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Damn, my cloud array does not provide full concealment

Alright, I'll get a post up in a bit but unless anyone has any objections FAR-US is going to move to the next nearest door and try to get it open under the assumption that this is some kind of security checkpoint we've tipped off and there will not be as stringent security measures on the other side of the door.

He can tank another hit like that, the rest of you can't.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Does a 31 engineering get the next nearest door open?

Edit: make that a 35, I forgot Thieves' tools give a +4 bonus to these checks.
    Last edited by grumblyarcher; 2023-03-14 at 09:00 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Please don't start opening or touching things before looking for traps, since Paizo apparently really likes traps and is out for blood.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-03-14 at 08:48 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

My current concern is getting everyone out of the kill-zone before the trap we have already triggered starts downing people. FAR-US is built to be able to take hits from things like traps and searching for/disarming a trap might eat up actions that cannot be spared.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

But the trap doesn't seem to fire outside of the room with the stairs, can't everyone just move into the hallway?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Damn, I missed that, I thought everyone got hit
    Last edited by grumblyarcher; 2023-03-14 at 09:02 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by grumblyarcher View Post
    Damn, I missed that, I thought everyone got hit
    That is honestly what confused me about the trap, too. I figured this was some sort of alert or purge mechanism for the whole entry area, not just the stair room. Like "okay, something bad is about to happen, try to find a solution ASAP while the bad thing is happening" sort of deal, like gas or something. Didn't think this was just "shoot you for your entire Stamina pool".
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-03-14 at 09:06 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

The sivv don't **** around.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Alright, gonna scrap my original plan and instead just move through the door like a sane person.
    Last edited by grumblyarcher; 2023-03-14 at 09:12 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Aw heck. I forgot to mention that Ramshackle has Trap Spotter, giving her double her edge bonus to Perception to find traps, and she also automatically rolls to find traps when she gets within 10ft of them. Would this have triggered or does this not count as a trap?

Did not expect the trap to not target anything in the outer corridor, though. That was the main thing confusing me, since this began after opening the door, so it seemed like a countdown for something bigger than just the room. If it did happen in response to tampering, why wouldn't it just fire immediately.

I really need to learn sivv, otherwise the adventure authors will keep screwing me over.
    Yea, i guess that is true. You didn't spot any traps on your way around the hall either. You are fairly confident it is just in this room. But this beam is a security response to the door being hacked (or any attempt, your group's just happened to be successful).

28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

I was just looking in and a lot has happened. I won't be able to post until very late tonight, but if things need to move forward assume Kisada just tries to keep the doors open and stay in front to take the bulk of the fire.

Ouch, guess trying to block up the hallway was not the way to keep the party from taking damage.
    'When you're lo-oo-ony, then you just don't give a fig.
    Man's so pu-oo-oony, and the universe so big.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    And if life should treat you bad...
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bayushi View Post
    I was just looking in and a lot has happened. I won't be able to post until very late tonight, but if things need to move forward assume Kisada just tries to keep the doors open and stay in front to take the bulk of the fire.

Ouch, guess trying to block up the hallway was not the way to keep the party from taking damage.
    Only the characters in the central room and not on the stairs got shot at, Kisada wasn't targeted. Just stay in the hallway.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-03-14 at 01:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bayushi View Post

Only the characters in the central room and not on the stairs got shot at, Kisada wasn't targeted. Just stay in the hallway.
    I think his worry is that he blocked the hallway so others couldn't take refuge, but to reassure you, had other people wanted in, I would have made it happen as they could go the other way or could have squeezed in just before you or something. Now that you are there, you are an obstacle, but you can move further down the hallway and get out of the way this turn. I think the object is immune to your shocking touch for 1 minute due to "residual static charge", but double check me.