New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC]Devastation Ark

good catch @ahyangyi, the damage is only 113, not 114. Sorry, I thought I remembered it as 114, and didn't double check in the haste of getting the post out. I have had that typed up since Monday morning, but trying to resolve the map and double check how Fort worked for everybody, it took a while to actually get it posted.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I think his worry is that he blocked the hallway so others couldn't take refuge, but to reassure you, had other people wanted in, I would have made it happen as they could go the other way or could have squeezed in just before you or something. Now that you are there, you are an obstacle, but you can move further down the hallway and get out of the way this turn. I think the object is immune to your shocking touch for 1 minute due to "residual static charge", but double check me.
    I was hoping that by pushing forward, Kisada would block off whatever was coming for us, at least if it was coming from that direction, and potentially offering up the drone if it was coming from the other direction. I knew it was possible the danger could be from the initial room, but didn't think that it would be coming from there.

As is, he will move up to allow room for the others and move the drone up to the next door to examine the mechanism.

You are correct about the overload not being able to target the door again for 1 minute. I hope everyone took the hint from the giant disintegration ray and uses this turn to get out of there.
    'When you're lo-oo-ony, then you just don't give a fig.
    Man's so pu-oo-oony, and the universe so big.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    And if life should treat you bad...
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

3. - Top - End - #123

Just to be clear, while you don't hear another countdown or any more talking of any kind you can hear the energy building up in the walls just like last time. The counting was loud, but so is this energy build-up. You all feel pretty confident it is going to fire again as soon as it is able. Since you don't speak the language you don't know what the first part of the speech was before the countdown (presumably some kind of warning).

4. - Top - End - #124

@Kvard51 and @DrK, just letting you know that we are waiting your actions. I saw Kvard51 react in the die roll thread, but nothing about actions here or the game thread and haven't heard anything from DrK as far as I know.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Just to be clear, while you don't hear another countdown or any more talking of any kind you can hear the energy building up in the walls just like last time.
    I misunderstood. I edited my post to reflect this.
    'When you're lo-oo-ony, then you just don't give a fig.
    Man's so pu-oo-oony, and the universe so big.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    And if life should treat you bad...
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

@Kvard51 and @DrK, just letting you know that we are waiting your actions. I saw Kvard51 react in the die roll thread, but nothing about actions here or the game thread and haven't heard anything from DrK as far as I know.
    I’ll post after work
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

If we have 10 minutes then Delta will also burn a RP to restore their stamina
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    If we have 10 minutes then Delta will also burn a RP to restore their stamina
    it seems most everyone is planning to get "safe" in the hallway, then rest to recover SP and then move on to investigating doors (except for Kisada who is inspecting the door for traps or whatever while yall rest).

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I suppose I will also spend an RP to recover Stamina.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Given Ram is on 0 Stamina and 73 HP, recovering SP seems like the right call given the damage numbers that get thrown around by Starfinder and how much of a pain it is to recover HP.

By the way, Ram is decent at restoring HP, but she is limited on how often she can do this, so I'd rather wait for more significant injuries before she tries to heal people.

11. - Top - End - #131

Yea Starfinder seems to want to burn through your SP quickly, not thinking about that means it *could* also burn through your HP quickly. It hits like a ton bricks.

@Kvard51, does that mean Isar is staying on the stairs and not going to the next circular hallway with everyone else?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

The game's design functionally assumes your stamina pool is your first line of protection. So we'll probably see short but damaging encounters that we can recover from relatively quickly.

Also, FAR-US is a solid medic if we need to recover HP.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

@Kvard51, does that mean Isar is staying on the stairs and not going to the next circular hallway with everyone else?[/QUOTE]

sorry. Posted quickly and didn't read that part I guess. I go to the party.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ah! A room full of guns and ammo! We chose the RIGHT door.

15. - Top - End - #135

@Feathersnow, I need to know what ICARUS is doing with this new room. If you want to just respond here with something general, or if you want to make a post IC, either way is fine.

@Everyone else, it is never as easy as "Here is a cache of great stuff", you ought to know that.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

@Everyone else, it is never as easy as "Here is a cache of great stuff", you ought to know that.
    That's why Ramshackle went right for the computer. And because I assume this isn't a Gygaxian adventure where I need to check exactly 14 different broken weapons to find one functional one that is two levels lower than we are, and then check behind an innocuous pile of trash composed of several layers that need to be checked separately in the corner to find 50 Credits.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-03-23 at 01:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    That's why Ramshackle went right for the computer. And because I assume this isn't a Gygaxian adventure where I need to check exactly 14 different broken weapons to find one functional one that is two levels lower than we are, and then check behind an innocuous pile of trash composed of several layers that need to be checked separately in the corner to find 50 Credits.
    definitely not! If your perception is high enough while you are in the room, you will spot whatever is hidden, whether you are specifically searching that area or not. Also I plan to give the gist of this room pretty quickly, but there is something that happens first.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Sorry, I've been ill. I've been meaning to update everything soonest. I promise I'll get something up before I crash after work.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Sorry, I've been ill. I've been meaning to update everything soonest. I promise I'll get something up before I crash after work.
    NO worries. We all know how that goes, just bumping you so you know the state of the game.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Are the shelving units any kind of impediment to movement?

21. - Top - End - #141

that's a good question. I am picturing some light metal that isn't bolted to the floor or anything, so as for PCs it should be no trouble to literally just hip-check it out of the way as you move through. I'll say upright they are fine, but the one that is knocked over by the robot creates difficult terrain because of the footing issues.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

A critical, but excellent that’s exciting. So you want me to reroll damage or will you just double the damage?
    - also it’s now on fire 🔥 so critical burn effect (3d4)[6] kicks in

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    A critical, but excellent that’s exciting. So you want me to reroll damage or will you just double the damage?
    - also it’s now on fire 🔥 so critical burn effect [roll0] kicks in
    I don't know, it is easier to just double the damage, but if you are a gambling man, you are welcome to roll a second set of damage to add to the first. I'll say this time that I'll just double it, but for everyone going forward, it is your call. As soon as you see the crit, you can post again and roll the damage to be added or you can just leave it alone and I'll double it when I am calculating it.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

I'll default to doubling for sake of speed and simplicity.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know, it is easier to just double the damage, but if you are a gambling man, you are welcome to roll a second set of damage to add to the first. I'll say this time that I'll just double it, but for everyone going forward, it is your call. As soon as you see the crit, you can post again and roll the damage to be added or you can just leave it alone and I'll double it when I am calculating it.
    Happy with doubling for a nippy 100+ damage

26. - Top - End - #146

@Kvard51, Isar is up. Let me know what you want to do.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Got a solid result on my check to figure out its special abilities.

By the by, you guys should feel free to give orders to FAR-US if you think there are other useful things to do. I've been trying to play them as direct but tactically clever but I specifically wrote them to be accepting of other's direction.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

No worries about my abilities fizzling. Honestly, I'm just happy to play. I'm sure I'll be useful somewhere!
    GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    No worries about my abilities fizzling. Honestly, I'm just happy to play. I'm sure I'll be useful somewhere!
    Glad to hear you are having fun. You will definitely be useful soon, but this first bit is a new alien race that no one has ever seen before and will require more investigation to be familiar with, so having a class that depends on language or shared cultural understanding is difficult.

EDIT: and not saying you aren't useful now, you have contributed in many ways, but specifically the ability to command others and use some of the other abilities in combat.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2023-03-28 at 01:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Since I happen to be paying attention this time and caught it in time. @Ridai, you got the killing shot. Want to add anything special for taking the armor out? Feel free to edit your post so that your shot ends the fight.