New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [OOC]Devastation Ark

Good news everyone!

You don't have an out of control kill-bot coming at you from behind. It's times like this I'm really happy I compulsively pump my will saves.

Will post this evening.
    Last edited by grumblyarcher; 2023-04-13 at 10:23 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Save successful, I don't have to maul a co-worker (but this would be a great excuse...)

Just kidding. I will have to wait until late tonight to post though.
    'When you're lo-oo-ony, then you just don't give a fig.
    Man's so pu-oo-oony, and the universe so big.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    And if life should treat you bad...
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Ram failed. On the upside, she rolled terribly on the attack, and the confusion effect just says attack, not attack to the character's fullest capabilities, so Ram's crappy base damage is actually an advantage here.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-04-13 at 02:40 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Delta’s Will save (1d20+13)[33]
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #185

Zombie

Kisada rolled a 34 with Engineering to ID the whips (at -5 DC due to his Roboticist Theme Knowledge). I need to know about their threat range for AoO's before I post actions for Kisada and the drone.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bayushi View Post
    Kisada rolled a 34 with Engineering to ID the whips (at -5 DC due to his Roboticist Theme Knowledge). I need to know about their threat range for AoO's before I post actions for Kisada and the drone.
    You see it is a Numbing Taclash and know everything about it, including its reach.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

You know what. I will administer myself one (1) pat on the back for clutch bad rolls.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm thinking they probably have some suite of energy resistances that's unfriendly to fire and/or electricity damage. I'm going to swap to my vortex rifle next round, sonic resistance is pretty rare and it is my only other damage type apart from physical. With my boost ability I'll be able to make it hit for 5d6+13 damage which isn't as hard as my big boy plasma gun but hopefully sidestepping any resistance will make up for that shortfall.

9. - Top - End - #189

Zombie

Just to verify, the creatures were flying at a height of 15 ft, which would mean that the two near Kisada are within his reach (he is 10 ft in size, and he has 10 ft of Reach due to his Winter Walker PA, for a total of 20 ft of reach off the ground, even on diagonals due to the weird reach rules):

From Reach and Threatened Squares:
    If your reach is 10 feet, you threaten the second square of a diagonal (this is an exception to the normal rule for calculating distance along a diagonal; see Diagonals on page 256 for more information). If your reach is anything other than 10 feet, calculate the diagonal distance of your reach normally.

Did either one take an action that provoked an AoO from Kisada?

Also, what is the current height of the creature that attacked Delta?
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bayushi View Post
    Just to verify, the creatures were flying at a height of 15 ft, which would mean that the two near Kisada are within his reach (he is 10 ft in size, and he has 10 ft of Reach due to his Winter Walker PA, for a total of 20 ft of reach off the ground, even on diagonals due to the weird reach rules):

From Reach and Threatened Squares:
    If your reach is 10 feet, you threaten the second square of a diagonal (this is an exception to the normal rule for calculating distance along a diagonal; see Diagonals on page 256 for more information). If your reach is anything other than 10 feet, calculate the diagonal distance of your reach normally.

Did either one take an action that provoked an AoO from Kisada?

Also, what is the current height of the creature that attacked Delta?
    Fair enough, they both cast a spell, so you can choose 1 to make an AoO against. You only get 1 reaction per round that resets at the start of your turn(unless you have a feat). The one by Delta flew down to make a bite, but doesn't have an ability to move after attacking, so had to stay right nearby. I appreciate you keeping track of this. I had definitely thought about Delta, but had forgotten about your reach for the other two.

11. - Top - End - #191

So I just realized I was doing DR wrong. I thought it pretty well applied to everything unless there was a specific exception called out (like DR 5/magic would negate all damage except magic, etc). However it turns out that it only works against Kinetic attacks (slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing), not against energy damage (acid, electricity, fire, sonic, etc). Most ranged weapons yall are using are energy damage, not kinetic damage, so yall have done more damage than I gave yall credit for. I have already felt like yall are getting through these fights pretty easy, but if we now up your damage output that'll mean getting through even faster. Yall haven't killed one yet, but any description that made it sound like you didn't do as much damage as you could have, probably did do full damage.

Also I am waiting on @feathersnow to post to finish out this next round, just so we are all on the same page.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    So I just realized I was doing DR wrong. I thought it pretty well applied to everything unless there was a specific exception called out (like DR 5/magic would negate all damage except magic, etc). However it turns out that it only works against Kinetic attacks (slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing), not against energy damage (acid, electricity, fire, sonic, etc). Most ranged weapons yall are using are energy damage, not kinetic damage, so yall have done more damage than I gave yall credit for. I have already felt like yall are getting through these fights pretty easy, but if we now up your damage output that'll mean getting through even faster. Yall haven't killed one yet, but any description that made it sound like you didn't do as much damage as you could have, probably did do full damage.

Also I am waiting on @feathersnow to post to finish out this next round, just so we are all on the same page.
    Oh, I was confused, I thought I was still babbling
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Oh, I was confused, I thought I was still babbling
    You *get* to reroll confusion every round. This is the 1 time you are glad you rolled a 1 for damage. I will update tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #194

Alright, yet again I have managed to misread this creature. While the DR didn't work the way I thought, it does have a lot of immunities and resistances that take effect. Its been a while since I ran this system and I have run too much Pathfinder in the meantime, which doesn't have all the ranged weapons (obviously), and it is all throwing me off. I am correcting the damage and I will document the differences you notice here:

Most attacks from round 1 were about half as effective as you would expect and when the lightning from Akifansha's attack started from the first and chained to the other two, all 3 shrugged it off as if the electricity didn't bother them at all.

Also since Kisada was able to successfully attack the SE one while it was casting Mind Thrust, it didn't get to finish casting and FAR-US didn't take any damage or see the visions described last round.

I'll start leaving those things open ended and update at the start of my next post whether it was successful or not.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

No worries boss! This is the deep end of running Starfinder! I think we can all manage some patience.

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Ignore 10 points of DR or Resistance due to feats/abilities (this should effectively remove any resistance if they only have Fire Res 10 )
    except your damage is 1/2 Electricity and 1/2 fire. It is completely immune to electricity, so your damage is automatically halved, but yes that does keep the remaining half from being reduced by 10 for resistance.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

except your damage is 1/2 Electricity and 1/2 fire. It is completely immune to electricity, so your damage is automatically halved, but yes that does keep the remaining half from being reduced by 10 for resistance.
    Sorry, I meant "energy , Fire" for the EAC. the flame rifle just does pure fire damage.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Sorry, I meant "energy , Fire" for the EAC. the flame rifle just does pure fire damage.
    Alright I didn't check your weapon since you listed damage. That is usually the designation for "plasma" type rifles as they do both electricity and fire damage (like was FAR-US was using). One of them might be dead, let me go back and refactor your damage.

EDIT: I went and recalculated and they are all still standing, though the one to the south of the 2 attacking Kisada looks really beat up and will likely fall with 1 more hit.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2023-04-25 at 11:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199

@ahyangyi, I don't believe you have posted this round. No rush, just letting you know what I see. I also need to figure out what Isar does.

20. - Top - End - #200

Kisada gets an Attack of Opportunity against the last remaining creature as it tries to cast a spell.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Last remaining sounds positive for the team

22. - Top - End - #202

Yea Delta killed his and then took out the damaged one by Kisada, so there is only 1 left and he looks about 75% damaged.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Yea Delta killed his and then took out the damaged one by Kisada, so there is only 1 left and he looks about 75% damaged.
    They may lack out of combat skills but they are pretty good at laying down a hail of fire!

24. - Top - End - #204

Zombie

Kisada gets an Attack of Opportunity against the last remaining creature as it tries to cast a spell.
    Kisada's AoO hits (29 vs. KAC of 24) for 31 damage past DR (41 -DR 10/good).
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Just to make sure we're on the same page, am I able to target the last one from my current location? It looks like it to me but I'd prefer to make sure we are in agreement before taking actions or writing up a post with a bunch of confusing if/then clauses.

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by grumblyarcher View Post
    Just to make sure we're on the same page, am I able to target the last one from my current location? It looks like it to me but I'd prefer to make sure we are in agreement before taking actions or writing up a post with a bunch of confusing if/then clauses.
    You're always able to target the creature so long as it is not totally behind a wall. It'll just be an adjustment to AC based on how many characters your fire through or how many corners of walls it passes through. So yes, but don't assume the simple AC of 24

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Ouch, a critical hit for 84 damage, and a critical effect of (3d4)[5] burn damage

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Will get a post up today

29. - Top - End - #209

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    ICARUS-II searches the room, alert for more mobsters or something they might have been guarding...
    This post made me laugh for about three minutes straight. I couldn't help imagining those blobby creatures in track suits sitting around in an episode of the Soprano's counting money and cutting up. Feathersnow, thank you for that, I needed it.

I won't be able to post until late tonight/early morning.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl