New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Attack Canceling for Elden Ring? Found it!

I know I'm probably dreaming, but are any of you aware of a mod or trainer or hack of some sort that lets you interrupt your own attack animations to dodge or block? I'm probably spoiled by floatier games, but Elden Ring just feels clumsy and unresponsive sometimes. I've tried mods like Attack Recovery Overhaul and Shattered, but they're not quite scratching the right itch.

Update: Turns out that this does, in fact, exist, at least for dodging-- Improved Melee Combat Overhaul. It's pretty snazzy, and plays surprisingly well even with big overhauls like Reforged.
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2023-03-02 at 11:44 AM.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Attack Canceling for Elden Ring?

I don't know about Elden Ring mods specifically - but if you want to play a Soulslike that's designed around attack-cancelling, Mortal Shell uses that as a core mechanic. You're a revenant that possesses one of four corpses (hence the name) which serves as the game's class system - and you possess the ability to harden your body as a parry move at any time, even mid-attack. It's currently available on Gamepass if you want to try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Attack Canceling for Elden Ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I don't know about Elden Ring mods specifically - but if you want to play a Soulslike that's designed around attack-cancelling, Mortal Shell uses that as a core mechanic. You're a revenant that possesses one of four corpses (hence the name) which serves as the game's class system - and you possess the ability to harden your body as a parry move at any time, even mid-attack. It's currently available on Gamepass if you want to try it out.
    Hmm. I'll take a look.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use