New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOC Rise of the Grand Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    I think Ax understands Basic, no need to speak twice, AvatarVecna is just doing the classic R2-D2 understands you, but only speaks in beeps.

Did we receive Cora's short range comm?
    Yes, short range comms work. Long range comms, basically anything beyond the relay station grounds, is out.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

presuming you guys have purchased a short range comms unit.. & are on the same channel
    (Utility Belt)
    Ration Pack (x3)
    Medpac
    Tool Kit
    Power Pack
    Energy Cell
    Glow Rod
    Comlink (Short-Range)
    Liquid Cable Dispenser (With Small Grappling Hook)

I imagine this to be similar to the hand held device that luke skywalker uses to talk to han solo and 3P0, in starwars

notation:
    cora also has a man portable long range comms unit

@GM
    Yes, short range comms work. Long range comms, basically anything beyond the relay station grounds, is out.

I thought we were told that long range comms we not working due to a field preventing that, - or was that to prevent surface to orbit comms, and not surface to surface long range comms ?
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-03-12 at 06:29 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    presuming you guys have purchased a short range comms unit.. & are on the same channel
    (Utility Belt)
    Ration Pack (x3)
    Medpac
    Tool Kit
    Power Pack
    Energy Cell
    Glow Rod
    Comlink (Short-Range)
    Liquid Cable Dispenser (With Small Grappling Hook)

I imagine this to be similar to the hand held device that luke skywalker uses to talk to han solo and 3P0, in starwars

notation:
    cora also has a man portable long range comms unit

@GM

I thought we were told that long range comms we not working due to a field preventing that, - or was that to prevent surface to orbit comms, and not surface to surface long range comms ?
    There's a jamming field over the entire area, it's also the reason the republic doesn't know you went down, they never received the pilot's distress message. You can talk to each other in and around the relay station and that's about it (until you get the comms relay station repaired, then you can use its signal to burn through the jamming and communicate normally).
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-03-12 at 07:17 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    There's a jamming field over the entire area, it's also the reason the republic doesn't know you went down, they never received the pilot's distress message. You can talk to each other in and around the relay station and that's about it (until you get the comms relay station repaired, then you can use its signal to burn through the jamming and communicate normally).
    nod , IS the station is small enough distance wise that the SR comms should be enough to communicate -

Short-Range Comlinks have a range of 50 kilometers or low orbit
    Long-Range Comlink has a range of 200 kilometers or high orbit
    Station Comdish -(my guess) has a range of planetary, local star system

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

I’m out of country, might not be able to post until day after tomorrow
    TC for short

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

(area perception (1d20+5)[19])
    Cora / Coralej: As you pick your way across the cratered security zone, avoiding the deepest craters as best you can, about halfway across, you hear a barely audible click as Cora steps with her right leg. It appears the security zone is mined.

ouch that perception did not see a mine - ouch so, either Coralej or the engineers I am guessing are going to need to try to disarm this thing, but is there a relatable check to make here short of...

IF applicable
    acrobatics (1d20+1)[19]
    athletics (1d20+1)[15]
    knowledge (galatic survival) (1d20+1)[11]
    knowledge (Tactics) (1d20+6)[10]
    perception (1d20+5)[11]
    survival (1d20)[12]
    use the force (1d20+5)[8]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

(area perception (1d20+5)[19])
    Cora / Coralej: As you pick your way across the cratered security zone, avoiding the deepest craters as best you can, about halfway across, you hear a barely audible click as Cora steps with her right leg. It appears the security zone is mined.

ouch that perception did not see a mine - ouch so, either Coralej or the engineers I am guessing are going to need to try to disarm this thing, but is there a relatable check to make here short of...

IF applicable
    acrobatics [roll0]
    athletics [roll1]
    knowledge (galatic survival) [roll2]
    knowledge (Tactics) [roll3]
    perception [roll4]
    survival [roll5]
    use the force [roll6]
    You passed the perception check. :)
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@thunder999
    so I made this statement to the gm->looking about does cora see anything that would be like a pole say around 10 to 15ft in length?
    perception (1d20+5)[18]

never said anything about it in speaking , so your post ->

Coralej

Coralej shakes his head "Not sure how much better that is, but if that works, we don't need a pole, just levitate something and bump it on the ground."

should probably reflect nothing about a pole, though the levitate something, is an idea

Use the Force (Cha)
    Move Light Object (Trained Only)
    move an object weighing up to 5 kg a distance of 6 squares in any direction. DC 10

As a Standard Action, you can use the object as a projectile weapon, but the DC increases to 15

Sense Surroundings
    As a Swift Action, you can make a DC 15 Use the Force check to ignore the effects of Cover and Concealment when making Perception checks to detect or observe targets until the start of your next turn. Increase the DC by 5 if this ability is used against targets with Total Cover.

so maybe one of us can sense surroundings to detect where the mines are... then the other use move object on the mine itself to detonate itself or just move it

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

@thunder999
    so I made this statement to the gm->looking about does cora see anything that would be like a pole say around 10 to 15ft in length?
    perception (1d20+5)[18]

never said anything about it in speaking , so your post ->

Coralej

Coralej shakes his head "Not sure how much better that is, but if that works, we don't need a pole, just levitate something and bump it on the ground."

should probably reflect nothing about a pole, though the levitate something, is an idea

Use the Force (Cha)
    Move Light Object (Trained Only)
    move an object weighing up to 5 kg a distance of 6 squares in any direction. DC 10

As a Standard Action, you can use the object as a projectile weapon, but the DC increases to 15

Sense Surroundings
    As a Swift Action, you can make a DC 15 Use the Force check to ignore the effects of Cover and Concealment when making Perception checks to detect or observe targets until the start of your next turn. Increase the DC by 5 if this ability is used against targets with Total Cover.

so maybe one of us can sense surroundings to detect where the mines are... then the other use move object on the mine itself to detonate itself or just move it
    You can use Sense Surroundings, but if you want to go that route, I'll make the rolls in secret. Since the mines have total cover, it's DC20.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

okay Cora will use the force to sense, then mopve object and then if coralej wants to do the same until we reach the door at least.
    I am presuming the mines to be under 5kg
    I will do this in blocks of 5 ft - not sure how far it is to the door

block 1 immediately in front of Cora towards the door
    use the force (Sense DC 20) (1d20+5)[24]
    if a mine is detected
    if nothing detected Cora will wait to see if coralej senses anything before moving into the square
    use the force (Move DC 15) (1d20+5)[16]
    if mine is moved Then cora will move into that square
    if unable to move the mine cora will wait to see if coralej can move it otherwise she will attempt a different route to the door.

block 2 immediately in front of Cora towards the door
    use the force (Sense DC 20) (1d20+5)[14]
    if a mine is detected
    if nothing detected Cora will wait to see if coralej senses anything before moving into the square
    use the force (Move DC 15) (1d20+5)[13]
    if unable to move the mine cora will wait to see if coralej can move it otherwise she will attempt a different route to the door.

block 3 immediately in front of Cora towards the door
    use the force (Sense DC 20) (1d20+5)[10]
    if a mine is detected
    use the force (Move DC 15) (1d20+5)[20]

block 4 immediately in front of Cora towards the door
    use the force (Sense DC 20) (1d20+5)[16]
    if a mine is detected
    use the force (Move DC 15) (1d20+5)[25]

if more are needed I will roll them later

see IC for dialog
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-03-22 at 07:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

okay Cora will use the force to sense, then mopve object and then if coralej wants to do the same until we reach the door at least.
    I am presuming the mines to be under 5kg
    I will do this in blocks of 5 ft - not sure how far it is to the door

block 1 immediately in front of Cora towards the door
    use the force (Sense DC 20) [roll0]
    if a mine is detected
    use the force (Move DC 15) [roll1]

block 2 immediately in front of Cora towards the door
    use the force (Sense DC 20) [roll2]
    if a mine is detected
    use the force (Move DC 15) [roll3]

block 3 immediately in front of Cora towards the door
    use the force (Sense DC 20) [roll4]
    if a mine is detected
    use the force (Move DC 15) [roll5]

block 4 immediately in front of Cora towards the door
    use the force (Sense DC 20) [roll6]
    if a mine is detected
    use the force (Move DC 15) [roll7]

if more are needed I will roll them later

see IC for dialog
    That's a plan, but you need to take action in the IC thread if you want to do anything. As mentioned, I will make the Sense rolls and tell you if you detect anything, and then you can choose to move into the square or not.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Coralej can hit the DC 15 for his Move Object force power on a take 10, so medium object up to to 12 squares away, I think 1 square is 1/5 meters. With you at a +5 and me a +8 we'd need to get fairly lucky not to fail a single check if there's a lot of mines, and what sort of minefield doesn't have a lot of mines.

ah I did not think a take 10 was possible with this kind of check, it would only work for cora to take 10 on move though with a DC 15 as the sense is DC 20.

That's a plan, but you need to take action in the IC thread if you want to do anything. As mentioned, I will make the Sense rolls and tell you if you detect anything, and then you can choose to move into the square or not.
    oh heh lol, I thought I had but now I re-read it I did not...

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

"If you tell me where the mines are, I'm fairly certain I can disarm them, with the droid's help," one of the engineers says. He doesn't make a move to step beyond where the first mine was discovered, though

is the "ax" not at the power station ?
    fairly certain that the droid can not be in 2 spots at once, unless we have a droid also?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"If you tell me where the mines are, I'm fairly certain I can disarm them, with the droid's help," one of the engineers says. He doesn't make a move to step beyond where the first mine was discovered, though

is the "ax" not at the power station ?
    fairly certain that the droid can not be in 2 spots at once, unless we have a droid also?
    Yes, it's not far though.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I don't think Coralej sensed any, it was a secret roll, so I assume Thundercracker would have mentioned if he did.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-03-24 at 04:07 PM. Reason: I->he

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    I don't think Coralej sensed any, it was a secret roll, so I assume Thundercracker would have mentioned if he did.
    I rolled for both of you; you have sensed mines in squares 2 & 4 (Coralej only sensed one in square 2). The next logical step is probably to take a pole and smash it on the ground a few times in square 1, or a brave soul can enter the square.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-03-24 at 07:01 PM.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone not watching the drama unfold at the minefield feel free to take actions / explore / chat.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

all good on the secret rolls... nope cora just watches from a relativly safe spot and if needed will lend her move object (take ten =15) dc15, to help bounce that girder on the ground to get a safe path

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Rolls to put out fire / Find the fire suppression system, and get it turned on..

Perception: (1d20+5)[19]

gather information: (1d20+5)[7]

mechanics: (1d20+1)[2]

use computer: (1d20+6)[24]

Use the Force:: (1d20+5)[25]
    Sense Surroundings: DC 15

Use the Force:: (1d20+5)[18]
    Move Light Object: DC 10

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Poke. Who’s still in it to win it?
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still here.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground

Still here!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Ok Great. I have the last post, so it's on players to take an action. Let me know if you need options.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #84

RedWizardGuy

I'm still here, just waiting for someone else to handle the fire, seems like it requires mechanics.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-04-06 at 10:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

i am suffering with a nasty kidney stone and so my post rate is going to be very little for a bit

GM just play me until I return

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

i am suffering with a nasty kidney stone and so my post rate is going to be very little for a bit

GM just play me until I return
    ow. hope that resolves itself with minimal issues.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    ow. hope that resolves itself with minimal issues.
    I will recover, planning april 10 as I am spending a lot of time R&R

28. - Top - End - #88

RedWizardGuy

That sucks.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Samduke, how are you looking for mines, and as there aren't any signs, which building are you headed to, the round one in the center or the long one in the corner of the courtyard?
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #90

RedWizardGuy

I'd guess the out of the way one is maintenance, seems like the kind of thing you'd shove in a corner.