New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOC Rise of the Grand Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Oh wasn't planning to disable them, I figure if we know there's a mine there and whatever's coming doesn't that gives us the advantage. I'm definitely planning to try and throw an enemy at a mine if we fight there.

EDIT: Is there anything stopping me from retrying the checks?
    If you want to try repeatedly on a single square, let me know how many times you want to try on each square and I will let you know how far you get and how many mines you identify. (I assume you're not going to step into any of them)

You don't need a mechanics check to know that if you pull them out of the ground with the Force without disabling them first, there's a chance they may detonate.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I think I'll go for three tries per square, Coralej is a bit nervous and definitely doesn't trust his mine-detecting abilities.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

okay questions RE:
    Anyone who looks can see them, simple B-1 droids, in the fading daylight. Oddly enough, only two of them, in the front and the rear, appear to be armed. They will reach the breach in the northern wall, near Maintenance, in less than a minute.
    how far away are the B1 droids ? (B1-Series Battle Droid)
    knowledge (Tactics) (1d20+6)[11]
    knowledge (galatic lore) (1d20+11)[17]
    perception (1d20+5)[24]

Hold action: waiting for lead droid(s) to get into range
    Blaster Rifle (Autofire) target a 2x2-square area ( lead B1 droids ) -5 penalty + -5 penalty not proficient
    (1d20+1)[17] -10 penalty ( 7 ) - ouch yeah the base B1 RD is greater so I am not hitting today

edited
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-14 at 07:00 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

sorry for the double post failed these rolls above
    knowledge (Tactics) (1d20+6)[11]
    knowledge (galatic lore) (1d20+11)[17]
    perception (1d20+5)[24]

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

You are in the southwest corner of the compound. The lead droid is about 300-350' away. The breach in the north wall is approximately 200-250' away, past Security and Maintenance.

Surprise round. Everyone take an action (except Samduke whose surprise action falls short, don't forget to mark off the ammo) and roll initiative.
    Droid Initiative: (1d20)[20]
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-14 at 08:29 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #126

RedWizardGuy

Initiative (1d20)[9]

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

Initative (1d20+5)[14]

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    You are in the southwest corner of the compound. The lead droid is about 300-350' away. The breach in the north wall is approximately 200-250' away, past Security and Maintenance.

Surprise round. Everyone take an action (except Samduke whose surprise action falls short, don't forget to mark off the ammo) and roll initiative.
    Droid Initiative: (1d20+6)[23]
    notation that she fired the blaster rifle Power Pack 2 with the fuzy criters, and autofire consumed 10, a clip holds 50 shots so 38 shots remain *- if i forgot some shooting please remind me and I will adjust this number

Initiative (1d20+6)[23]
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-15 at 06:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Initiative order;

clone troopers: (1d20+9)[26]
    Cora - 23
    Droids: 20
    Ilyene - 14
    Coralej - 9

Cora & the clones to go first (you can go first to give them orders if you like, otherwise they will take actions of their own). The droids are currently at medium range for rifles and long range for pistols.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-16 at 09:19 AM.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Initiative order;

clone troopers: (1d20+1)[14]
    Cora - 23
    Droids: 20
    Ilyene - 14
    Coralej - 9

Cora & the clones to go first (you can go first to give them orders if you like, otherwise they will take actions of their own). The droids are currently at medium range for rifles and long range for pistols.
    Presuming orders to clones will take an action, so Cora orders the clones closest to her but not all, to target the lead droids

round 1 normal fire blaster rifle targeting the closest enemy droid
    attack (1d20+1)[14] -5 penalty not proficient (9 to hit) maybe ???
    damage (3d8)[6]
    (shots remaining in this clip: 37)
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-16 at 06:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

I need to know how you're going to distribute the clones, if you're leaving them all at the dish or taking any with you to Security.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-19 at 08:03 AM.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #132

RedWizardGuy

I mentioned one clone, Odi (the one who spoke with Ax before), deliberately intended to leave the rest so they can handle anything coming from outside (which they did without any real help from us before).

Cora can come too if Samduke wants, Coralej is just thinking it might be a good idea for one of us to stay back and she's the only one to actually use a blaster, than the rest of us.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

I mentioned one clone, Odi (the one who spoke with Ax before), deliberately intended to leave the rest so they can handle anything coming from outside (which they did without any real help from us before).

Cora can come too if Samduke wants, Coralej is just thinking it might be a good idea for one of us to stay back and she's the only one to actually use a blaster, than the rest of us.
    Alright will try to get a post up tomorrow.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

If you can't see anything, me, you, R4 and Odi are going into the security sub level
    When I read this I presumed the "YOU" was directed at Cora

15. - Top - End - #135

RedWizardGuy

I called out Illyene by name, since she's got the binoculars.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I called out Illyene by name, since she's got the binoculars.
    okay if cora is to stay topside I am fine with that, I will edit my action then and if Illyene is okay with it I can take the binoc's to observe

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

perception: (1d20)[6]
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@Thundercracker

as a question what would the negative be to take a shot atthe B1 that is also looking through binoc's location at the farthest edge of the field, just next to a large tree
    I imagine with the blaster rifle there might be a range penalty, a cover penalty, I am just wondering what that total might be

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    @Thundercracker

as a question what would the negative be to take a shot atthe B1 that is also looking through binoc's location at the farthest edge of the field, just next to a large tree
    I imagine with the blaster rifle there might be a range penalty, a cover penalty, I am just wondering what that total might be
    If you don't have a low light scope, then it has total concealment due to the darkness & nearby lights. You know roughly where it is with the macrobinoculars, but you can't use them to shoot. That's -5 for distance (medium), and another -5 for concealment.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-21 at 08:12 PM.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #140

RedWizardGuy

We did leave most of the clones behind, could you ask one to spray it with autofire?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

If you don't have a low light scope, then it has total concealment due to the darkness & nearby lights. You know roughly where it is with the macrobinoculars, but you can't use them to shoot. That's -5 for distance (medium), and another -5 for concealment.
    a blaster rifle range is 0-30 PB, 31-60 Sh, 61-150 Md, 151-300 Lg

Coras Heavy blaster Pistol has a Targeting Scope (Enhanced Low-Light) with a Rangefinder but with pistol ranges at PB:0-20 sh:21-40 md:41-60 lg:61-80

* I must presume the target is roughly 61-150 meters Which it they are within 61-80 I could take that shot with the pistol Otherwise swap the scope around but * Installing a Targeting Scope on a rifle or pistol requires 10 minutes, and a DC 10 Mechanics check.

So here is a perception check to look through the hvy blaster scope with rangefinder to determine the range to the B1 with binoc's

(1d20+5)[22]

Edited
    note: if a blaster pistol shot is an option she is looking at a -10 for range -5 for concealment -5 for not prof. ( and with a +1 she is unlikely to hit anything, but the goal here is if she can see the target, she can direct fire for the clones at -10 presumably
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-22 at 01:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

a blaster rifle range is 0-30 PB, 31-60 Sh, 61-150 Md, 151-300 Lg

Coras Heavy blaster Pistol has a Targeting Scope (Enhanced Low-Light) with a Rangefinder but with pistol ranges at PB:0-20 sh:21-40 md:41-60 lg:61-80

* I must presume the target is roughly 61-150 meters Which it they are within 61-80 I could take that shot with the pistol Otherwise swap the scope around but * Installing a Targeting Scope on a rifle or pistol requires 10 minutes, and a DC 10 Mechanics check.

So here is a perception check to look through the hvy blaster scope with rangefinder to determine the range to the B1 with binoc's

[roll0]

Edited
    note: if a blaster pistol shot is an option she is looking at a -10 for range -5 for concealment -5 for not prof. ( and with a +1 she is unlikely to hit anything, but the goal here is if she can see the target, she can direct fire for the clones at -10 presumably
    It’s 50 feet to the edge of the security zone, another 50 feet to the start of the maintenance building, another 120 feet beyond that to the edge of the broken compound wall, and 100 feet of grassy field to the tree line. 320’ total, 64 squares. You can direct fire for the clones but if they can’t actually see the target they’re still considered blind against it.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am sorry, but I have a bit hard following what is happening. Is Cora using Ilyenes binoculars now and scouting next to her?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    I am sorry, but I have a bit hard following what is happening. Is Cora using Ilyenes binoculars now and scouting next to her?
    it was presumed that Ilyenes handed cora the binoculars but after looking cora realized she could not see, so they could be handed back when cora is looking through the scope.

@ Thundercracker when you indicated medium range presumed with blaster rifle, then your math showing 320' I must presume this is meters and would be extreame or out of range for a blaster rifle, so there is a slight disconnect on range.

Shooting blind is that still considered -10 or just not possible ?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

it was presumed that Ilyenes handed cora the binoculars but after looking cora realized she could not see, so they could be handed back when cora is looking through the scope.

@ Thundercracker when you indicated medium range presumed with blaster rifle, then your math showing 320' I must presume this is meters and would be extreame or out of range for a blaster rifle, so there is a slight disconnect on range.

Shooting blind is that still considered -10 or just not possible ?
    https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Rifles

It is 64 squares. Blind is a -5 for total concealment far as I can tell.

Normally you can’t shoot at something you can’t see, but in this case I’m letting you inform the clone troopers where it is and they can shoot into its square, at a -5 penalty.

https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Concealment
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-23 at 09:04 PM.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Rifles

It is 64 squares. Blind is a -5 for total concealment far as I can tell.

Normally you can’t shoot at something you can’t see, but in this case I’m letting you inform the clone troopers where it is and they can shoot into its square, at a -5 penalty.

https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Concealment
    oh i fill silly, on the ranges bit.

ok so we have -5 for concealment -5 blind penalty -5 range for directed fire - ick not sure if the clone troopers have a better modifier than cora i presume would have -5 for concealment -10 range -5 non prof. for shooting with her pistol

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@Thundercracker

it dawns on me that with knowledge (Tactics) & knowledge (galatic lore), Cora should be able to figure out what the droids are up to within reason, also should be able to determine if it is possible to sneak up to the droids from the Relay Station with minimum exposure to be spotted.

so here are some checks

to figure out what the droids are up to
    knowledge (Tactics) (1d20+6)[13]
    knowledge (galatic lore) (1d20+11)[19]

determine if it is possible to sneak up to the droids from the Relay Station with minimum exposure to be spotted
    knowledge (Tactics) (1d20+6)[17]
    knowledge (galatic lore) (1d20+11)[28]

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

@Thundercracker

it dawns on me that with knowledge (Tactics) & knowledge (galatic lore), Cora should be able to figure out what the droids are up to within reason, also should be able to determine if it is possible to sneak up to the droids from the Relay Station with minimum exposure to be spotted.

so here are some checks

to figure out what the droids are up to
    knowledge (Tactics) [roll0]
    knowledge (galatic lore) [roll1]

determine if it is possible to sneak up to the droids from the Relay Station with minimum exposure to be spotted
    knowledge (Tactics) [roll2]
    knowledge (galatic lore) [roll3]
    The droids are likely attempting to assess the strength of your defenses before deciding whether to mount a proper attack. The clear area around the relay station is only 100 feet. If a squad were to slip out the back where the droid’s line of sight is blocked by the wall / buildings, they could circle around through the woods and come up on the scout from the side. The western side would probably be more advantageous as that is where the ground is higher.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-24 at 08:38 PM.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #149

RedWizardGuy

Anyone know what's going on with AvatarVecna by the way?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Anyone know what's going on with AvatarVecna by the way?
    nope....

and I was reading on the hvy blaster rifle
    This weapon cannot fire at targets at Long Range. *<- i did not know that.. lol

okay at the relay station it is cora and 4 or 5 clones, are any of the engineers here or did they all go down with the others ?

trying to decide if a 2 man scout is worth the effort