New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: RHoD 5e IC

1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: RHoD 5e IC

Paul Mauser

"That looks like...giants...forest giants? Probably a boundary marker. Jorr, are there giants around here? Aside from the dead ones back at the Keep?"

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"Giants normally stay up in the mountains," Jorr points eastward, and down the road you see the Wyrmsmoke mountain range climbing above the forest canopy. "Sometimes get a hunting band but most of them keep away from the roads, 'don't start none won't be none'. Could be they're expanding, could be they're part of the Horde, could be they got kicked out of the mountains by the Horde. They ain't big fans of smallfolk like us, so I steer clear if I do spot 'em."
    Last edited by Amnestic; 2023-05-04 at 04:58 AM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Leif Fochlucan
    Tiefling Wildfire Druid
    HP: 38/38, AC: 16
    Conditions: None
    Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 3/3, 3rd: 2/2

"Perhaps we can entreat with them,” Leif ponders, “If they’re here when the army marches through someone will be starting something alright.” She briefly chuckles. “Maybe they’ll help us take out the bridge if we tell them what will cross it if we don’t.”
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Paul Mauser

"Dragon or no, some giants would be helpful, if we can get them to listen, and believe us. How much time do we want to spend trying to find them, though? According to what we found, there's a schedule. If we lose too much time, the horde might reach the bridge."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Choosing to circle away from the bridge's direction for now, you head west down the old track, though keeping to the woods...just in case. After some time it comes to an abrupt end in the shadow of a fairly large hill that looms up from the surrounding woodlands. At the base of the hill sits a collapsed ruin of what was once a massive and probably quite impressive wooden fortress. Given its size, it was likely once a giant's dwelling, rather than one for humanoids. Whole trees were used to form the walls, but now the whole thing is little more than a heap of moss-covered, rotting logs. A thin curl of smoke rises up from a great fire pit in the middle of the old walls, where an enormous boar sizzles on a spit the size of a lance. A giant sits by the fire, turning the spit and muttering to himself in his own language. He is - as one might expect for a giant - extraordinarily tall, and quite lean, with stooped shoulders, earth-yellow skin marked by angry red blotches, and a wild mane and ear of tangled green hair. He easily tops ten feet even while sitting on the ground.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

You've got your choice of how to approach.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Leif Fochlucan
    Tiefling Wildfire Druid

"It's okay, I've got this." Leif gives the rest of the group a reassuring wink, "Okay Leif, serious face time."

She then slowly walks into the opening and sits opposite the giant, her legs crossed in a dignified but gentle position. The very essence of a Druid that wishes to make it known they mean no harm and yet wish to be taken seriously. "You wouldn't happen to speak Common, would you?" she asks the giant, "no draoidheil? (or Druidic?)"

She then pours some water from her flask on the ground in front of her and it begins to rise and move, changing shape and forming the facsimile of a simple bridge which she then freezes. Leif points in the direction of Skull Gorge, pours out some more water and then makes little water people cross the bridge and what begins as one or two become ten or twenty and then many more. Leif then makes one end of the bridge fall and on the other side she has little people unable to cross.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leif cast the Shape Water cantrip. I think it's okay, what I did with it, but whether it works how I wanted it to or not is up to you of course.
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2023-05-04 at 05:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

The giant raises up in a combination of fear and hostility when you approach. It grabs up a greatclub larger than any of you and raises it, but doesn't make any move to attack. Any half-shouted taunts or threats are cut short by the water show put in front of it. As the diorama plays out, the giant lowers his club and leans forward, straining its poor eyesight to get a better look. "What little worms want with Old Warklegnaw? Come to put on a show?" the elderly giant rumbles in stilted Commontongue. The message of the water, such that it was, doesn't seem to have been fully conveyed and he seems more amused by the aquatic puppetry than informed.

With a better look at the giant's face, you can now see a prominent tattoo on his age-wrinkled forehead, a symbol that looks like a frowning tusked mouth.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Leif Fochlucan
    Tiefling Wildfire Druid

"If you think what I can do with water is fun wait 'til you see what I can do with some twigs," Leif mused, "but that will have to wait."

Motioning to her allies, beckoning for them to join her, "We need your help. A lot of very bad, very noisy people are going to cross the bridge near here soon and neither we nor you want that. A lot of people will be hurt and if you're here when they get here they won't put on a little show for you like I did. They'll burn everything to the ground."

Taking the over the spiked gauntlet they had looted earlier, Leif places it in front of the giant. "Whether you choose to help us or not, you should have this to protect yourself. Just in case. It's not safe around here these days."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Warklegnaw sets down his club and takes up the spiked gauntlet, turning it over in his meaty fists before trying it on. It's a little loose, owing to his muscles perhaps no longer being what they used to be. He still seems quite pleased with it though, flexing his fingers through the carapace fingers and swinging his arm here and there. It's not aggressive, but it nevertheless sends buffets of heavy wind that almost threaten to knock you off your feet, were you not to brace against it. "Not much care if worms get hurt. Took my eye, took my clan. What worms coming this time? More pinkskins?" He points a gauntletted finger at the humans among you though the voice is more curious than accusational.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Leif Fochlucan
    Tiefling Wildfire Druid

“Not humans, no,” Leif assures the giant, “Greenskins. Little ones, big ones. Not very nice. They’ve been hurting people around here and they want to hurt many more. My friends and I going to put a stop to it and we’d like your help.”

She pauses a moment. “What happened to your people? I have known many giants like you in lands far from here and I consider them friends. I would like to think we can be friends too, but even if we cannot I would not be happy with anyone that hurt one of you.”
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2023-05-07 at 09:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

"Pinkskins happened," the giant rumbles. "Only old Warklegnaw left now. Other clans up in mountains, sometimes visit for talk or trade, but Warklegnaw stay. This our land first."

Show

Gimme a Persuasion check, with advantage for giving him the gauntlet.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Leif Fochlucan
    Tiefling Wildfire Druid

"Humans have no respect for other's land," Leif sighed, "They burned my home to the ground too, because they thought I was a monster.

She goes quiet for a moment. "We'll have to do something about the humans around here, make it known that your land is not theirs to take. Perhaps if you help us stop what's coming, we can convince them to leave you in peace."

Spoiler
    Show
    The Persuasion check, with advantage:
    (1d20+2)[22]
    (1d20+2)[8]

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Warklegnaw sits back down, one thick hand rubbing his bearded chin thoughtfully. "Old Warklegnaw not much good in fight anymore, too old." He wheezes out a laugh. "But maybe other clans could help. Could ask, maybe could get forest back from pinkskins. Trade for trade." With one hand he reaches back to the spit atop the fire and plucks it, biting down into the roasted dire boar directly from the skewer. "Maybe die in battle, become war spirit." He seems amenable and quite at peace with such an eventuality. "Will go tomorrow, too tired today, long journey."

Show

Assuming no objections or further questions, party moves back east towards the bridge?

You also gain 8 experience points for successfully convincing Warklegnaw not just to not hit you, but also helping, albeit not directly with what is next on your list.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

The party backtracks down the trail and heads eastwards towards the Skull Gorge Bridge and the eponymous gorge over which it crosses. The ground steadily seems to rise up as the forest peters out, steadily turning from green, lively trees to those that are more grey and dessicated. Ahead of you is a stretch of roughly sixty feet of barren ground, ending in a gorge. It drops away precipitously, and even at a distance you can hear the fast-rushing water below. At its narrowest point it's perhaps a hundred feet wide. The ancient Dawn Way crosses the cleft on a bridge of stone, anchored at both ends to large stone towers with pentagonal roofs. The bridge seems sturdy, despite its obvious age. It is, clearly, the only easy way to cross, since the gorge continues as far as the eye can see to the east and west. The four stone towers that anchor the bridge are each forty feet high. A narrow wooden stairway winds around each, leading up to an open-air watchpost at the top.

A small encampment of a half-dozen tents cluster on the far side of the bridge. Curls of smoke from campfires attest to some sort of activity. A single humanoid figure stands at the watchpost on the top of each of the four towers, longbow in hand. Two hellhounds - powerfully built and with glowing red eyes - sits watchfully on opposite ends of the bridge. Most impresisve and importantly however is the sleek and menacing green dragon that perches on the roof of the northwestern watchtower on the far side of the gorge. It lies, basking in the fading sun to enjoy what few hours of it remain in the day, though its bright yellow eyes are fixed on the bridge.

Show

The party is still within a treeline, about 60ft away from the bridge's southern end. At the moment, you're too far away and have cover to be seen easily, though if you approach any further there's a strong chance you will be spotted. There are a few hours left of daylight remaining, in case you wanted to make a night-attack (though you're aware that hobgoblins, dragons, and hellhounds all possess darkvision).

Basically a moment for you to prep and plan your next move, but if the party intends to move in then I'll get a map up and we'll roll initiative.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

The party hunkers down in the treeline and choose to wait until nightfall. From your hidden position, you get to watch as not a lot occurs. Occasionally the watchmen on the towers get into a conversation, though they never are truly distracted from their job. At sunset, they trade places with replacements from the far camp. The dragon, lazy but watchful, maintains its peaceful vigil over the bridge despite an occasional yawn.

Night falls before overlong, and you are cloaked in darkness. The hobgoblins light torches in the towertops, and the campsite at the far end has a roaring fire, but otherwise there's little light to speak of, with the moon concealed by clouds. If ever there was a time to make your move, it seems to be now.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

At your current position, the party is out of line of sight of the Hell Hound, but five feet forwards (or tenfeet, for the people in the second row) will make you visible to them and their darkvision.

As a reminder, the towers are roughly 30ft tall, and will take about 60ft of movement to run up from their base.

We have 11 different initiative counts in this fight and yet somehow I managed to roll side initiative except for one character. How! RNG betrays me.

Since the party is initiating combat, Paul is up first, with HVet 'skipping' their turn.

Initiative Order:
    HVet: (1d20)[20]

Paul:(1d20+1)[15]

HReg: (1d20)[14]
    HH: (1d20)[12]
    HSer: (1d20)[12]
    Oz: (1d20)[6]

Jorr: (1d20)[5]
    Wuffles: (1d20)[3]
    Bernie: (1d20)[2]
    Leif: (1d20)[1]
    Ayalla: (1d20)[1]

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Paul Mauser
    Half-orc Artillerist Artificer
    AC: 18 HP: 38/38
    PPer: 14 PInv: 18 PIst: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --
    Paul pauses, waiting until he's sure everyone is ready, before launching a glob of acid at the Hellhound.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hold action until our initiative block starts, then attacking the closest enemy to seeing us, the HH. I don't think acid glows.
    Dex DC 15 or take (2d6)[2]+(1d8)[8] acid damage
    This also uses my reaction for the round.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Paul readies a spell and holds it ready for casting, and Jorr likewise locks his crossbow into place, taking aim at the closest tower guard.

Show

Map is unchanged deliberately. With Paul holding his action, the others are likewise unaware of you and so skip their turns. Jorr will ready a crossbow attack against one of the tower guys for when the party moves in.

At your current position, the party is out of line of sight of the Hell Hound, but five feet forwards (or tenfeet, for the people in the second row) will make you visible to them and their darkvision.
    As a reminder, the towers are roughly 30ft tall, and will take about 60ft of movement to run up from their base.

Everyone but Paul('s held action) is up.

Initiative Order:

Paul:(1d20+1)[15]

Wuffles: (1d20)[3]
    Bernie: (1d20)[2]

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Leif Fochlucan
    Tiefling Wildfire Druid
    Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/3, 3rd: 2/2

"If I mask your approach do you think you can take out the sentry on the right? I'll come with you," Leif whispers to Bernie, "I think Paul and Jorr have the sentry on the left handled. Once those two are down the dog is next."

Spoiler
    Show
    Leif casts Pass Without Trace, giving everyone +10 to stealth checks for as long as she maintains the spell. She then Wildshapes into a squirrel and sits on Bernie's shoulder.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayalla Nazonda
    Spirit Medium
    HP: 33/33, HD: 5/5, AC: 15, Resistance: Lightning
    Conditions: Concentration Bless
    Spell Slots: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 3/3, 3rd: 2/2
    Wuffles (Wolf Familiar)
    HP: 31/31, HD: 5/5, AC: 16
    Show
    Cast Bless on Wuffles, Paul, and Bernard.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2023-05-19 at 11:22 PM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

As Bernie moves forward, Jorr and Paul make the first strike at range, a globule of thick acid flying forward and searing the hellhound's already scorched fur, causing a yelp of pain. Jorr's bolt goes slightly wide at the last second, perhaps owing to the height or the darkness he's cloaked in. The hobgoblin, hearing the yelp and seeing the bolt fly past, immediately looses an arrow towards where the spell originated from, but the shadows mask Paul's location and the shot goes wide. He then blows twice on a horn at his belt, immediately alerting the others.

Show

The Hellhound fails its dex save and takes 10 damage.
    Jorr misses with his bolt.
    Given the lack of anything from Iceman, Bernie moves slightly up and hides; due to armour disadvantage even with the PWT he gets a 14, which is lower than the Pass Hellhound's passive perception. It notices him.

The nearest hobgoblin veteran takes a potshot at Paul (unseen due to darkness), and misses.

Paul is up.

Initiative Order:

Paul:(1d20+1)[15] BLESSED

Wuffles: (1d20)[3] BLESSED
    Bernie: (1d20)[2] BLESSED

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Paul Mauser
    Conditions: Bless

Total stealth lost, Paul activates the construct on his shoulder and fires a jet of flame at the hobgoblin with the horn, striking it square in the face and burning its head off. He then targets another enemy with a blast of force, and then sidesteps behind one of the trees nearby.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fire Bolt (1d20+8)[28] + (1d4)[4] for (2d10)[16] plus (1d8)[7] fire damage
    BA Eldritch Cannon (1d20+8)[16] plus (1d4)[2] for (2d8)[8] force damage and 5' pushback on hit
    If the hobgoblin dies, retarget to the other hob on the tower, if I have line of sight (ignore half cover)... if not, hellhound.

Move 10' diagonally northwest
    Last edited by J-H; 2023-05-18 at 09:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Paul's jet of flame strikes the hobgoblin from darkness and pierces into its skull directly. Any cry of pain is instantly silenced as the creature flops forward, tumbling down ten feet to slam onto the circular walkway, and then tumbling from that to crash to the ground. The follow up strike thrusts the hellhound into the tower wall, but it rushes forward towards the party. Gathering up a torrent of flame it unleashes it against Bernie and Wuffles, but they've seen such tactics before, and they're able to twist away from the worst of it. The trees lucky - static that they are - and ignite, casting you into a series of dancing lights.

Atop one the other closest tower, the remaining archer looses an arrow towards you, but strikes only a tree, while the rest of the hobgoblin forces either hold arrows at the ready or begin to rush across the bridge - save the dragon, who appears to be satisfied remaining as he is atop the tower watching the situation.

Jorr moves away from the flames and looses a crossbow bolt at the hound, getting beneath its guard due to Bernie's presence, and wounding it further.

Show

Paul crits the nearest hobgoblin and kills it dead. 100%->0. His turret blasts the Hellhound, for 9 (including the 1 from knockback).

The hobgoblin archer remaining moves up to the ledge-edge and shoots down towards the party, but misses.
    The hellhound runs up and unleashes a fire breath on Bernie and Wuffles, who both make their dex save, so they take 8 fire damage each; the trees are now on fire and are casting bright light (10ft radius) and dim light (10ft more radius) around the cone.
    Most of the hobgoblin forces are moving towards you by Dashing, though the dragon stays put.

Jorr shoots the Hellhound, hitting for 14. The hound is bloodied.

Wuffles, Bernie, Leif, and Ayalla are up.

Initiative Order:

Last edited by Amnestic; 2023-05-18 at 03:13 PM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayalla Nazonda
    Spirit Medium
    Wuffles (Wolf Familiar)
    Ayalla instructs Wuffles to stay close to Bernie and follow his lead.
    She moves across the path to get a little closer to the other hobgoblin, pulls out her crossbow, takes a shot, and ducks behind the trunk of the tree.
    Show
    Light Crossbow: (1d20+6)[7], (1d8+3)[10]
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Leif Fochlucan
    Tiefling Wildfire Druid
    Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/3, 3rd: 2/2

"Biv vaq (bad dog)." Leif scolds the hellhound, moving onto the path before whipping the dog with thorns and attempting to drag it towards her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leif moves four squares diagonally northeast, then casts the Thorn Whip cantrip on the hellhound.
    To hit: (1d20+8)[17], to damage: (2d6)[5]

If the attack lands, the hellhound is dragged ten feet towards Leif.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Ayalla ducks across the road and looses a crossbow bolt at next closest hobgoblin, but the movement seems to throw off her aim, as her bolt finds only stone instead of flesh. Wuffles prepares to move with Bernie, at her command.

Leif's thorn whip drags the beast from its feet, and Bernie gives chase, leaping high to deliver a critical strike that beheads the foul canine before it can breath yet more flames upon you. The headless body flops to the ground.

Though difficult to make out at the distance, it appears two more hobgoblins - unarmoured and barely armed - emerge groggily from their tent, still nursing sleep from their eyes. The horn seems to have awoken them from their rest. Clutching only longswords, they still seem confused as to what is going on.

Show

Wuffles stays put since their turn hasn't hit yet - on their next turn they'll follow behind Bernie.
    Leif hits with Thorn Whip, and Bernie crits with his second sword hit (missing the first), killing the hell hound.
    Ayalla unfortunately misses with her crossbow shot.

The hobgoblin veteran appears to ready an attack, unable to get a good angle on any of the party. Two more emerge from the tents, though dressed in only clothes with no armour, and wielding just their swords, no bows.

Paul is up.

Initiative Order:

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Paul Mauser

Paul fires at the hobgoblin on the tower... it's beyond the range of his darkvision, but the guard isn't smart enough to duck and avoid silhouetting himself against the stars. A jet of flame and a purple arcane bolt flash out, and then he moves across the gap to the next tree. "We should spread out, in case the dragon gets to us," he says... but not too loudly. Dragons have keen senses.

Spoiler
    Show

Ignore half cover.
    Fire bolt (1d20+8)[21] plus (1d4)[2] for (2d10)[11] plus (1d8)[1] fire damage
    BA EC (1d20+8)[18] plus (1d4)[3] for (2d8)[9] force damage and a 5' pushback
    Relocate 5 squares west/3 squares up.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Paul's firebolt catches another hobgoblin - this one apparently made of weaker stuff than the first, as the combined strikes kill it swiftly, pushing its body away from the tower's edge. This second hobgoblin death seems to finally urge the dragon to act, as it descends from its tower in a great sloping curve, dipping beneath the bridge and the edge of the cliff out of sight. The remaining archers - one on the bridge, the other in the northwest tower - both loose arrows at the party, but find that between distance and darkness, they struggle to hit anything.

When the remaining hellhound moves forward, Jorr dips back and looses another crossbow bolt at it, striking it in the haunch despite its best efforts to evade.

Show

Paul kills the hobgoblin regular (I know it's hard to tell which is which - the veterans are the 'darker' tokens, the regulars are the ones with more silver-y metal).

Another regular emerges from a tent, equally groggy.
    The one in the northwest tower shoots at Paul, and misses.
    The one on the bridge shoots at Leif, and misses.
    The sergeant calls out a yell to his allies.
    The Hellhound moves forwards a little bit and Dodges, unable to reach any of the party with its movement this turn.
    The dragon swoops down; it's beneath the lip of the cliff, so unless you are on the edge you won't be able to target it.

Jorr shoots at the Hellhound, and despite disadvantage hits for 10.

Everyone-but-Paul is up.

Initiative Order:

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayalla Nazonda
    Spirit Medium
    Wuffles (Wolf Familiar)
    With enemies coming closer Ayalla stows the crossbow and prepares to cast.
    Show
    Ready action to cast Sacred Flame on the next enemy to come within its 60 ft range.
    Sacred Flame: DC 15 Dex save (1d20)[6] or take (2d8)[12] radiant damage. The target gains no benefit from cover for this saving throw.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

The party repositions themselves, Bernie moving to curve around to stay in the path of the Hellhound from reaching Leif as she gets into position to bring down the dragon. Both she and Ayalla ready spells, as two of the awakened hobgoblins - armourless and barely clutching their weapons - dash down the bridge proper towards you. It's a surprise they're even wearing boots.

Show

Wuffles moves and then uses a readied action to follow Bernie (Puppet) after he moves and Dodges.
    Leif (Puppet) moves and readies an Earthbind cast for the dragon appearing.
    Ayalla readies her Sacred Flame cast.

The two sleepy-vets move+dash down the bridge. The remaining one, still lacking any targets to shoot due to the big towers, readies another attack.

Paul is up.

Initiative Order:

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Paul Mauser

Paul sidesteps and blasts the hellhound with more magic. His acid splashes against the stone nearby, causing it to bubble, but the beam from his shoulder cannon is true, striking the creature in the face.
    Spoiler
    Show

Move 5-10' to the side to get clear line of sight, then back.
    Acid splash (2d6)[4] plus (1d8)[6] acid damage, Dex DC 15 negates
    HH Dex save (1d20)[18]

EC (1d20+8)[28] for (2d8)[10] force damage and 5' pushback
    Last edited by J-H; 2023-05-24 at 01:33 PM.