New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: IC Rise of the Grand Admiral - Episode I - Finishing the Fight

Skira quickly unbuttoned and stuck his head out so he could see well enough to steer the tank back towards the rest of the squad without accidentally reducing anyone to red smears on the duracrete. As he drove, he got on the comm. "Psi squad here. We capture tank on south platform, but all displays inside 86'd. Can't see when hatches closed."
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Coralej responds over commlink, while catching up "Can you steer with your head poking out? Can it be fixed? Either way lets meet up with the commander."

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I can drive, but going into combat with sunroof open defeat point of tank," Skira pointed out. "As for fix, I not good with computer. That question for 509. Or maybe T'tchrrt."

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    "I can drive, but going into combat with sunroof open defeat point of tank," Skira pointed out. "As for fix, I not good with computer. That question for 509. Or maybe T'tchrrt."
    It is a moment before your comms crackle to life. A clone shouts a reply over the sound of heavy and continuous blaster fire and the shouting of combat.
    "Great, get over here and take out their other tank before it wastes us all," he shouts.

When you mention 509, the clone stands up a bit straighter.

"Let me take a look at it, sir," he says, "as long as the external scopes are still working, I'm sure I can rig something up."

He clambers up and into the tank. It is quiet for a few seconds, except for the sound of combat from the far side of the main pillar, to the north.

"Look alive, clankers at twelve o'clock!" one of the clones says as the first blaster bolts start zipping over your heads.
    By the central pillar, a large door, most likely meant for shipping, has opened and disgorged an entire platoon of roughly fifty battle droids. Arrayed in neat rows, a mix of B-1's and B-2's march towards your position.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!" one of the clones yells, and the call is answered by the others as the three not in the tank take cover, two behind the tank and one behind a destroyed speeder, and start laying down fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Player action. The droids are 50 squares away from you and firing as they advance towards your position.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #605
    Barbarian in the Playground

Irizi'stal'nafis

Those were some bad odds, but her reflexes struck and she immediately dove down to take cover as the droids burst forth. "Company of droids, central pillar." as she took aim towards one of the B2, squeezing the trigger.

Free action to drop.
    Aim
    Shoot: (1d20+7)[15] (ignore dex bonus, ignore cover)
    Damage: (3d10+1)[21] (-1 condition from Dastardly Strike, and -5 to DT to be lowered one more)

6. - Top - End - #606
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Coralej will get behind the nearest cover and try to get closer, he can't do anything from this distance.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

T'tchiirt tells IG-GY to fire on the other droids, while she ducks behind cover and readies her flamethrower.
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2024-04-25 at 04:38 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As the droids advanced, Skira dropped back down into the tank, selecting the explosive shells from the tank's weapons rack. "I aim for middle, tell me how I do!" he barked into the comm as he depressed the trigger.

((Move: Drive tank
    Standard: Fire missile launcher into the densest cluster of droids in sight.
    Attack - (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage - (6d6+2)[23] 2-square splash))

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

The missile streaks out from the tank and obliterates a B-2 droid, and about a half-dozen B-1's go flying. Irizi'stal'nafis takes out another B-2, and the clones destroy a few more droids between them, but there are still at least forty battle droids blasting away at you. Blaster bolts pockmark the front of the tank and the front side of whatever cover the group is hiding behind shudders with the impact of dozens rounds of superheated plasma. Chunks of durasteel and plasteel are shorn away and start landing among the group; if this keeps up, the droids might end up blasting their way through the speeders and control panels you're hiding behind!

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone not inside the tank or specifically taking cover behind the tank takes (1d6)[1] damage

Inside the tank:
    "I got it!" CT-0509 says, and his datapad flickers to life. He's patched it into what remains of the tank's sensor system, and you now have a decent view of what's in front of you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tank stats, it takes a crew of 4 to operate, a pilot (Currently Skira), a copilot (currently CT-0509), and two gunners:
    https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/AAT-1
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-04-27 at 11:08 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Alright! Now I can see!" Skira said, giving 509 a congratulatory punch on the pauldron. "If you can shoot these guns, jump in! Then I move to cover others!" While waiting for the others to get in, Skira selected another dense cluster of droids on the datapad and launched a second missile.

((Standard: Missile attack tightest group of droids visible.
    Attack - (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage - (6d6+2)[24], 2-square burst
    Move: Move tank to provide cover to anyone not already benefiting from being behind the AAT.))

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Inside Tank

"I-I need to hold this together or the screen is going to go blank," the clone replied.
    Despite your aim being off, the missile catches the right flank of the droid formation, scattering pieces onto the ground and over the side, and blowing a crater in the walkway and severely bending the guardrail.

The tank is peppered by blaster bolts from the advancing regiment for a total of (3d8)[8].

Outside Tank

The party groups together behind the tank for cover to stay out of the spray of blaster bolts coming from the advancing droid legion.

"C'mon boys, in we go," Odi says, and he and one of the other clones jumps into the tank and move toward the gunner seats.

The one clone remaining outside is armed with a heavy blaster rifle and he keeps pace behind the tank, using it for cover as he blasts away at the enemy. The party continues peppering the advancing droids, but the return fire is incessant as the droids follow their programmed combat subroutines.

Despite over two dozen droids remaining, it looks like the firefight might devolve into mere cleanup, until from the corner of the main pillar, the second tank clears the edge of the building and levels its main cannon in your direction...

Spoiler
    Show
    player action.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; Today at 12:02 AM.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

T'tchiirt groans in terrified resignation as IG-GY continues to pepper the Confederation droids with blaster fire. She realizes asking what to do is impossible without the lips to form Basic consonants..
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

13. - Top - End - #613
    Barbarian in the Playground

Irizi'stal'nafis

"Enemy tank, at the pillar." Zistalna calls out on the radio. She did not have the firepower to take out such a machine, so she continued picking off B-2 droids with her lethal aim.

(1d20+7)[13] no dex bonus, no cover
    (3d10+1)[17] -1 condition step, -5 on threshold for another one.