New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: IC Rise of the Grand Admiral - Episode I - Finishing the Fight

Ilyene

"On our way." Ilyene replies over the voicecom.

"Let's meet up with the main force." She tells Odi and the technician and starts heading back.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Comm Station:
    The party regroups inside the comm station (past the minefield).
    Cora does not find immediately find anything to put out the fire, especially as it resides inside the console though there does appear to be a ceiling mounted fire suppressant system (currently inactive). The smell of burnt plasteel and rubber wire casings is now very apparent, and the small fire itself can now be seen as a faint orange glow inside the cracked screen.

Console display:
    The attempt to send a message results in: "Dish alignment error, please contact Maintenance."
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

We need to get this fire out, try to find the suppression system and get it activated, Then we can worry about what is causing the dish to not align ... Probably Debris

edited
    Spoiler: rolls in ooc
    Show

Rolls to put out fire / Find the fire suppression system, and get it turned on..

Perception: (1d20+5)[19]

gather information: (1d20+5)[7]

mechanics: (1d20+1)[2]

use computer: (1d20+6)[24]

Use the Force:: (1d20+5)[25]
    Sense Surroundings: DC 15

Use the Force:: (1d20+5)[18]
    Move Light Object: DC 10
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-04-03 at 08:19 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    We need to get this fire out, try to find the suppression system and get it activated, Then we can worry about what is causing the dish to not align ... Probably Debris

edited
    Spoiler: rolls in ooc
    Show

Rolls to put out fire / Find the fire suppression system, and get it turned on..

Perception: (1d20+5)[19]

gather information: (1d20+5)[7]

mechanics: (1d20+1)[2]

use computer: (1d20+6)[24]

Use the Force:: (1d20+5)[25]
    Sense Surroundings: DC 15

Use the Force:: (1d20+5)[18]
    Move Light Object: DC 10
    Based on what you can observe about the console, you'll need to get to the actual fire to put it out. You can do that by removing the casing (mechanics) or perhaps smashing the screen entirely. It also would probably be a good idea to cut the power to the console (mechanics).
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-03 at 08:21 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #95

Ilyene frowns at the fire, looking for something else to extinguish it with.

"Get that under control." She instructs the technicians meanwhile.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    Ilyene frowns at the fire, looking for something else to extinguish it with.

"Get that under control." She instructs the technicians meanwhile.
    Two of the engineers, who had previously been frozen at the sight of the flames, kick into gear and move forward. One of them manages to get the console casing open, while the other cuts the power to the console. With the sparking wires now dead, it's a matter of minutes before the fire is half-smothered, and half burns itself out. The smell of burnt rubber and plasteel is heavy in the air, and although smoke stings the eyes, it is not enough to impair your vision.
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"Nicely done, now I suppose we'd better go see what's wrong with the dish, Engineers with me please, hopefully it's just a bit of easily moved rubble or something." Coralej says as he heads towards the dish, though he'll stop if he sees any more craters and such that might indicate more mines.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Coralej

"Nicely done, now I suppose we'd better go see what's wrong with the dish, Engineers with me please, hopefully it's just a bit of easily moved rubble or something." Coralej says as he heads towards the dish, though he'll stop if he sees any more craters and such that might indicate more mines.
    Dish base: aside from the odd broken droid chassis or dropped weapons, there is no sign of additional mines. You emerge up from the stairwell onto the roof of the building and the issue is immediately apparent. A large chunk of the supporting structure for the dish has been blown open, and the machinery inside is exposed and visible. A groaning, grinding sound issues from it and then stops. The engineers get to work assessing the damage. A few minutes later, one of them comes to you.
    “Looks like the cable shaft capacitors were damaged in the attack, we’ll need to find replacements and install them, otherwise we won’t be able to send a signal,” he says, “there might be some in Maintenance.”

Comms room:
    A message pops up on the screens: incoming message (internal).
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Comms room:
    Cora
    A message pops up on the screens: incoming message (internal)....

use computer: (1d20+6)[8]
    Opens the message

10. - Top - End - #100

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej activates his comlink as he talks "We seem to need some spare parts, so we should all head over to Maintenance next, this place isn't doing anything useful without the dish."

11. - Top - End - #101

Ilyene

“Let’s get to maintenance.” Ilyene instructs those who remained and starts moving there.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Comm Station:
    The message opens up.

Message acknowledged, thank you for your concern. Primary defense force below 50% effectiveness, initiating secondary defense protocol.

From the entrance of the comm station, just outside the walls of the Security Zone, you can see three other buildings contained within the Inner Courtyard. One is the repaired Power Station, directly ahead of you. To your left about a hundred feet away, near the center of the Inner Courtyard, is a squat, two-story round building with a partially collapsed wall. Beyond that, you can see a pair of landing pads (directly opposite the power station), and a long flat building near the corner of the Inner Courtyard. The outer wall has been breached near the long flat building, and you can see a grassy field and the forest beyond.

The sun has started to drift near the side mountain, and soon the entire comm relay station will fall into the shadow, though sunset is still probably several hours away.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-10 at 03:54 AM.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora

over Comms, Keep an eye out seems there have been secondary defensive measures initiated, Headed to maintenance.

cora begins walking carefully towards the maintenance building looking for mines along the way

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Ax casts his mechanical gaze around as well, not eager for himself or his companions to fall prey to whatever defenses remained.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+8)[20]

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Inner Courtyard

The task force moves out from the Security Zone. At the call of secondary defense measures, the four clones form a box perimeter with the engineers at the center.

"Clear left, no movement."
    "Clear right."

With the group looking for an enemy that may or may not be there, and completely exposed as they cross the courtyard, it seems the possibility of a sneak attack has the clones on edge.
    You pass by the squat two story building and approach the low, flat one. With the reactor restored, sparks issue from several damaged light posts and exposed, formerly buried power cables, but none appear immediately dangerous (unless someone tried to grab one). As you approach the long flat building, you hear a hissing sound, and then a dark shape darts out from behind it. One of the clones snaps off a single blaster bolt and misses, the sound of the shot echoing around the mountains around you. The feline shape ducks through the hole in the outer wall, no doubt making for the forest.
    "Bloody wildlife," the clone mutters.
    "Easy there, you don't want your first kill to be an oversized kitten," another one says.

The door of the building stands shut, but the button to open it glows green, and a small overhead lamp lights up the area directly in front of the entrance.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-12 at 08:59 AM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #106

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej will approach the door and press the button "In we go then."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

once the door is open Cora shines her light into the area and takes a good look around before proceeding in.
    Perception (1d20+5)[25]

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Maintenance

The door snaps open to reveal a counter that spans the width of the building. There are no walls visible; it appears the entire building is one large warehouse type structure. Tracks run the length of the ceiling, and three of them have a kind of mechanical arm attached to them, likely for storing and retrieving items. Several boxes and pieces of heavy equipment, construction beams and durasteel plating and the like, were probably once stacked neatly, but now lay strewn about the floor in more or less uneven rows, perhaps after being searched by Republic forces for anything useful and transportable. The roof must have been hit by artillery, because there is a large hole in the ceiling near the rear, where sunlight angles down into the room, lighting up that portion of the warehouse. Plant roots lit up in the afternoon sun have already extended a third of the way to the floor in the short time since the battle to take the comm relay station.

A terminal lights up in the center of the counter.

ID Code:
    Requisition #:
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-13 at 12:56 AM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #109

Ilyene

Let’s see if we can find what we are looking for.” Ilyene states as she follows into the building. “Ehm, what are we looking for?

20. - Top - End - #110

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"We need cable shaft capacitors, not that I know what those look like, the terminal could probably help find it, though we have no ID nor a relevant requisition number, R4-X1, see if you can get anything useful out of it." He'll turn to the engineer who identified the problem "In the mean time, could you please give us your best guess as to what the capacitors will look like, and we'll start searching manually."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Maintenance

A terminal lights up in the center of the counter.

ID Code:
    Requisition #:
    Walking up to the terminal, R4 I may need your help to get through this. Attempt to access the terminal to determine if there are any capacitors in here.

if we can locate them we may be able to just grab them without a id code or requisition into the computer

Spoiler: ooc rolls
    Show

knowledge (galatic lore) (1d20+11)[25]
    use computer (1d20+6)[23]
    gather information (1d20+5)[25]
    mechanics (1d20+1)[11]
    perception (1d20+5)[21]
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-04-13 at 11:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

One of the engineers speaks up: "A cable shaft capacitor regulates the flow of power, storing excess and releasing it in resonance with the comm signal in order to assist with boosting," he said, "with the local jamming, it is impossible to send a long-range communication without them. They'll look like one or two meter long poles, with a boxy structure attached to them about halfway, and once we find them, we'll have to cut the old ones out and install and configure the new ones. There were (1d5+1)[5] damaged cables."

You're able to slice your way into the terminal, but unfortunately, it looks like the inventory list is numerical only. This wouldn't pose a problem for authorized maintenance droids; no doubt they could carry the key in their memory banks. It poses a problem for you though, as you have no way of knowing what the Separatist ID code for a cable shaft capacitor might be.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-14 at 02:16 AM.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #113

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"Thanks for the explanation. Everyone spread out across the room and search for objects fitting that description, and keep an eye open for any old maintenance droids, maybe we'll get lucky and be able to pull the ID from their memory banks."

Coralej then remembers that he probably should be picking the groups if he's in charge "So, four groups. first group can be R4-X1 and CT-1453, the other three should be one clone trooper, one engineer and one of us force sensitives."
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-04-16 at 03:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Right then, pointing to a clone trooper & an engineer, You two with me, we will check this area, indicating the far right path nearest the right wall, Then walking towards the back checking the upper limits as we go until we reach the back or are blocked.

Spoiler: rolls as needed
    Show

Acrobatics: (1d20+1)[12]
    Athletics: (1d20+1)[5]
    Jump: (1d20+1)[17]
    Mechanics: (1d20+1)[16]
    Perception: (1d20+5)[12]
    Use the force: (1d20+5)[13]
    Knowledge (galatic lore): (1d20+11)[12] How capacitors are most likely to be stored
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-04-17 at 04:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Ilyene

Ilyene nods and motions towards Odi and one of the engineers. She is still not quite certain what they are looking for and small talks with the engineer so they can have three pair of eyes instead of one.

She focuses and let's the Force guide her search.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Take 10 on Use the Force to Sense Surroundings (remove penalties for cover and concealment for perception): 6+10=16 vs DC 15
    Perception 6+(1d20)[19]= 25 (no cover/concealment, bonus for aid another?)
    Last edited by Harmony; 2023-04-17 at 05:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Ax wheels through the warehouse, staying in the clone trooper's shadow. He peers around, dome twisting and turning as they patrol an aisle, trying to spot either a spare capacitor, or some poor droid left abandoned like everything else in here.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Whichever aisle we're searching, I'm doing a visual scan there. I'm not really searching through piles of stuff, exactly, but idk how that would affect the roll. I'll roll normal and accept whatever penalties or DC changes come with it.

Perception: (1d20+8)[28]

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Maintenance:

The group starts to sweep the warehouse, starting from the counter. Some use the Force, while the clones and engineers open boxes large enough to contain the parts you're looking for. You make it about halfway when Coralej notices a dark spot nestled beneath a shelf against the wall, just out if the shaft of light streaming in through the hole in the roof, about 15'-20' away from your current position. On closer inspection, it appears to be some kind of sleeping creature, as you see it expand and contract slightly as it breathes. Whatever it is appears to be rolled up into a ball about the size of a person, and covered in dark fur.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-19 at 08:33 AM.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #118

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej activates his comm and speaks quietly "Not what we're looking for but I've found some sort of sleeping furry creature." He'll also point at it for those close enough to see.

29. - Top - End - #119

Ilyene

Ilyene raisers her eyebrows at the message. She would not have taken a furry creature as something dangerous, but there was something about the way Coralej whispered. “Copy. On our way.” She replied and signals for Odi to follow her and the technician to stay put. Then she slowly moves towards Coralejs line.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora
    hearing the message looks at the clone trooper and the engineer, You two keep looking and watch out.

then acknowledges the transmision “Copy on my way.” drawing her blaster rifle as she makes her way back around to coralej, thumbing the selector to heavy stun
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-04-20 at 11:50 AM.