New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: IC Rise of the Grand Admiral - Episode I - Finishing the Fight

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Cora
    hearing the message looks at the clone trooper and the engineer, You two keep looking and watch out.

then acknowledges the transmision “Copy on my way.” drawing her blaster rifle as she makes her way back around to coralej, thumbing the selector to heavy stun
    The clone and engineer continue moving down the row, searching for the parts you need. As several of the group move closer to the wall where Coralej found the furry animal, a shout goes up from where Cora left the clone an engineer, followed by a loud roar that echoes off the walls. The furry creature near the wall stirs and wakes up, blinking open large black eyes that had previously been hidden, and yawns, revealing large teeth, fit for tearing flesh, a pink mouth and long tongue. It appears to be similar to a bear, but has at least six legs, each ending in a shaggy paw.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone give me initiative and perception. I'll roll for the clones, engineers etc.
    I don't have time to work with an excel battle map, so we're going to do this in theater of the mind. There four alternating rows where you can walk, and rows of junk which gives cover (+5 reflex defense against ranged attacks) when firing through them, and are difficult terrain (half movement, cannot run or charge through them). The first furry creature was sleeping amidst the 4th junk row about 60' back from the counter, and the cry of alarm and roar came from the 2nd open row, about 70' back.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-22 at 08:12 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Everyone give me initiative and perception. I'll roll for the clones, engineers etc.
    I don't have time to work with an excel battle map, so we're going to do this in theater of the mind. There four alternating rows where you can walk, and rows of junk which gives cover (+5 reflex defense against ranged attacks) when firing through them, and are difficult terrain (half movement, cannot run or charge through them). The first furry creature was sleeping amidst the 4th junk row about 60' back from the counter, and the cry of alarm and roar came from the 2nd open row, about 70' back. [/spoiler]
    Initiative: (1d20+6)[9]
    Perception: (1d20+5)[16]
    Use the force (Sense Surroundings): As a Swift Action, you can make a DC 15 Use the Force check to ignore the effects of Cover and Concealment DC 20 against targets with Total Cover.
    rolled: (1d20+5)[21]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Maintenance Warehouse

The clones, bred for combat, act first.

"Get behind me! Get behind me!" one of the clones yells, apparently at an engineer, followed by a fusillade of autofire blaster bolts from the second row.
    Spoiler
    Show

attack: (1d20)[4]
    damage: (3d8)[11]

You hear a pained whimper, as another one of the native carnivores is shot up by the clone over in row 2.

The furry creature along the wall next to row 4 unfurls itself, rolls to its feet, and scampers right up to Cora, extending four-inch claws from each paw and roaring; you can smell its rancid breath as it prepares to bite at you.

Ilyene & Ax:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice two smaller (less than a foot tall) furry figures moving down the second row, towards the back of the warehouse, these are probably the offspring of the animals currently attacking the group.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ilyene

With a hishing sound, Ilyene’s blue blade forms. “Two more, that row.” She nods with her head towards the second row and without further hesitation she comes to Cora’s aid, bringing her blade down with power.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Attack (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage (2d8+4)[14]

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora

vs. the beast right in her face
    Attack Blaster Rifle (1d20+1)[15] not proficient -5 penalty
    (STUN) Damage (3d8)[11]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej reaches out toward the creature with the force and attempts to lift it into the air.

Spoiler: Roll/ooc
    Show
    That's attempting to use his Force Grip force power
    (1d20+8)[15] use the force check
    if that's at least 15 (2d6)[7] damage
    (2d6)[4] more if I'm lucky enough to get over DC 20

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    apologies for the delay, I got swamped for a bit but should be back to regular posting now.

Row 1:
    Ilyene's blade impacts on the debris next to the creature, causing the swing to slow and miss badly. Cora has more luck, tagging it in the flank, but it growls and shakes off the stun bolt. The growl, however, is cut off as Coralej grips it by the throat, but is unable to maintain the hold. The creature roars anew and lunges at Cora's neck!

Spoiler
    Show
    creature has taken 13 damage.
    attack: (1d20+3)[13]
    damage: (1d6+2)[7]

Teeth miss their mark, scraping across Cora's collarbone instead, and Cora feels a hot trickle oozing from the glancing wound.

More blaster bolts, shouts, and growls issue from Row #3
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-27 at 11:31 PM.
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

R#2

Initiative: (1d20+6)[9]

vs. the beast right in her face
    Attack Blaster Rifle (1d20+1)[12] not proficient -5 penalty
    (STUN) Damage (3d8)[10]

9. - Top - End - #129

Ilyene

Ilyene tries to move into flanking position, as she slices towards the beast again, fearful as the beast tears into Cora, she unleashes her rage in a powerful scream.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Dark Rage: (1d20+6)[23] - using FP to extend, gain 1 Dark Side Point
    Attack (1d20+3)[22] +4, +flanking?
    Damage: (2d8+4)[12] +4 for dark rage
    Last edited by Harmony; 2023-04-29 at 12:01 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Seeing that trying to hold it up didn't work, Coralej tries to hurl it away instead.

Spoiler: Roll/ooc
    Show
    That's Move Object so
    (1d20+8)[27] Use the Force, DC 15 for a medium creature, also needs to beat Will Defense, which is hopefully lower than it's Fort was.
    Throwing it 6 units away from Cora and into the ground.
    so (2d6)[7] damage

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Row #1: The combined attacks of the three of you all find their mark, and the creature is finally lifted and thrown some thirty feet down the cleared row, between the debris, where it lays still.

The third row has more shouts and blaster fire, and then you can see a second creature loping its way towards the rear of the warehouse, probably to chase after its young that previously ran away. The warehouse falls silent again, and the clones make their way back to you, one of them supporting one arm with the other.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #132

Ilyene

Her blade held in both hands holding the Juyo stance, Ilyene approaches the fallen beast where it landed and plunges the blade through its chest, only then coming to her senses.

"Is everyone alright?" She asks without turning. There is an edge to her voice that was not there before. She looks at the fallen beast, trying to convince herself that she had just eased its suffering.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I will survive, then Cora returns to her search area to check on her clone and engineer

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    Ilyene

Her blade held in both hands holding the Juyo stance, Ilyene approaches the fallen beast where it landed and plunges the blade through its chest, only then coming to her senses.

"Is everyone alright?" She asks without turning. There is an edge to her voice that was not there before. She looks at the fallen beast, trying to convince herself that she had just eased its suffering.
    The creature, which was still breathing raggedly, shudders and dies as you plunge your lightsaber through it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    earn a dark side point for killing a defenseless creature.

"It gnawed on my arm a bit, armor took most of the brunt," CT-0476 says, "Luckily it's not broken and I can still fight. Three others ran off out the back, looked like a mother and two young; I doubt they'll be back any time soon."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-01 at 10:43 PM.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #135

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej turns to CT-0476 "Can you patch yourself and Cora up? I don't think anyone else has the training and most of the medical supplies went down with the ship, kind of wish I'd grabbed some instead of this thing." Coralej says, indicating the long range com unit on his back.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-05-02 at 03:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora opens her backpack and pulls out a medical kit and some medpacs attempting to render medical aid to herself and the clone trooper

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Cora opens her backpack and pulls out a medical kit and some medpacs attempting to render medical aid to herself and the clone trooper
    "Here, let me try," CT-0476 says. He is able to patch you up fairly well by sterilizing and sealing the wound to keep infection at bay.
    Spoiler
    Show
    recover 10 hp

There isn't much he can do for the bruised tissue under his forearm plate, however, and in the end, he simply straps the plate back on and hefts his rifle.

"What now, should we continue searching?" one of the engineers asks.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #138

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej nods "Yes, we still need those parts, back to where we left off and hopefully there's no more hostile wildlife."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Coralej

Coralej nods "Yes, we still need those parts, back to where we left off and hopefully there's no more hostile wildlife."
    The clones snap to and get back to work helping the engineers search the debris. About ten more minutes and you find exactly what you're looking for, a cache of a dozen signal shaft capacitors. Each one is about two meters long, and although the metal box they are contained in is dented, the capacitors themselves appear undamaged.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #140

Ilyene

Ilyene watches the troupe search, contemplating her actions. She had protected her own, and she had done her best. She would do it all over again. Finally she flips her saber off, the comforting blue light vanishing as it splutters out and dies.

Stay close to me, Odz.” She tells CT-0476. “We will soon be done and we can have that wound looked too.” She pushed away the image of them all lying dead on the ground.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

CT-0476 nods and stays close while the other clones form a perimeter while the engineers pull together the required five cable capacitors. The sun slanting through the roof dims and disappears; the sun has passed behind the mountain. Although it is still a few hours until sunset, the light of day is slowly but surely fading and the temperature has already started to drop.

"Okay, we have what we need to repair the dish," one of the engineers says.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

We should take one or two of these extra just in case. Cora grabs one ( or one end of one ) then walks back to the dish array

23. - Top - End - #143

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"Lets move these over and see about installing them then"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

We should take one or two of these extra just in case. Cora grabs one ( or one end of one ) then walks back to the dish array
    The engineers follow your lead, and a few minutes later, you successfully cross the cleared minefield and lug the capacitors up to the base of the dish. The engineers get to work, switching off power to the dish mechanism and starting to cut away the damaged cables.

Spoiler
    Show
    what are the rest of you going / doing while the engineers work? You can check the mission specific box in post 1 of the ooc thread for ideas.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #145

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"So while they fix that, anyone got suggestions for where we might find that mainframe backup so we can have R4 retrieve the communication logs?"
    After asking Coralej is really just keeping his eyes peeled for anything coming to bother them.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

once back Cora accesses the computer in an effort to identify where the mainframe backup might be located physically

rolls in ooc

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

once back Cora accesses the computer in an effort to identify where the mainframe backup might be located physically

rolls in ooc
    As you access the computer terminals in the communication room where you extinguished the fire, you see several messages, which have apparently been sent over the past twenty minutes or so:

17:04 - Status query_
    17:07 - Status query_
    17:10 - Status query_
    17:14 - No response received, backup unit activated and dispatched.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #148

Ilyene

Ilyene follows and keep vigilant guard as they work. She'll assist if needed, but unless asked will just keep a watch on the perimiter.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

R4 can you see if you can locate the mainframe backup from here. .. Guys I am not certain what to make of this, the terminal has several inquiries , and one entry that shows, No response received, backup unit activated and dispatched.

30. - Top - End - #150

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"That could be a problem." Coralej then activates his commlink "Cora found mentions of a backup unit of some sort being dispatched to us, so everyone keep alert."