Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: IC Rise of the Grand Admiral - Episode I - Finishing the Fight

Cora
    Relay Station

talking quietly to the clone troopers.

Which one of you is the best long range shot here?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Cora
    Relay Station

talking quietly to the clone troopers.

Which one of you is the best long range shot here?
    The three of them look around at one another.
    "We've all been through the same training, but none of us are proper snipers," 1453 replies, "I've got the heavy blaster rifle, so probably one of the others."
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Coralej Security

"Everyone in, we're headed down." Coralej waits for all those present to pile in before pressing the down arrow.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Coralej Security

"Everyone in, we're headed down." Coralej waits for all those present to pile in before pressing the down arrow.
    Security

Assuming everyone follows suit, you pile into the death trap lift and descend to the sub-level. The doors open and you see a subterranean passage dimly lit by flickering lights. Puddles sit in a few places on the floor and the walls are slick in with moisture in a few places. Just outside the lift, off to one side, is a single B-1 battle droid standing in a charging station and carrying a blaster rifle.
    “Huh? Hey, you’re not supposed to be here,” it vocalizes.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ilyene - security

Ilyene ignites her saber as she spots the droid, a rush of fear rolling over her. She takes up the Soresu form as she rapidly approaches the droid.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    Ilyene - security

Ilyene ignites her saber as she spots the droid, a rush of fear rolling over her. She takes up the Soresu form as she rapidly approaches the droid.
    Security
    "Ahh!" the droid vocalizes as it brings its rifle to bear.

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative: (1d20)[17]
    attack: (1d20+1)[6]
    damage: (3d8)[17]
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-27 at 07:53 AM.
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #187

Ilyene’s brings her guard into position and bats the blast away, exploding a nearby canister, before she brings the saber down with vengeance, shifting from her Soresu guard into a Juyo for a powerful slash.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack of opportunity? Disregard if she could not move up (1d20+3)[16]
    Damage (2d8+4)[7]
    Attack:
    (1d20+3)[19]
    Damage (2d8+4)[15]

8. - Top - End - #188

RedWizardGuy

Coralej Security

Seeing things kick off Coralej reaches out to grasp the droid with the force.

Spoiler: OOC/roll
    Show
    (1d20+8)[15] use the force check to use Force Grip on the droid
    (2d6)[3] damage at DC 15 or (4d6)[16] at DC 20 if it beat fort defense.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej Security

Seeing things kick off Coralej reaches out to grasp the droid with the force.

Spoiler: OOC/roll
    Show
    [roll0] use the force check to use Force Grip on the droid
    [roll1] damage at DC 15 or [roll2] at DC 20 if it beat fort defense.
    Before the droid or anyone else can attack, Coralej reaches out with the Force and crush a number of circuits in the droid's chassis, throwing it off balance. As it struggles to maintain its footing, it is unable to get a shot off, but it does yell out "Intruder aler-" but Ilyene's lightsaber slash cuts it cleanly in half before it can finish the warning. Pieces of the droid clatter to the ground, as echoes of the brief skirmish fade into silence again.

Spoiler
    Show
    We are out of combat.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-27 at 07:13 PM.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #190

RedWizardGuy

Coralej Security

"I wonder if that," Coralej indicates the bisected droid, "Is responsible for the backup that arrived. It didn't seem to expect us, so if it was, there's presumably some other reason it sent for assisstance. That was loud enough that anything else probably will expect us, but that was pretty inevitable."
    Thinking about how uninformed the droid was, he'll try to comm Cora and the Clones up above, just to check whether the signal reaches. "Do you read me?"
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-05-28 at 06:53 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora -relay station

When the comms come to life

Read you barely , seem to have interference , those droids in the field may be jamming us

We could sneak over but I don't want to leave the engineers alone
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-30 at 01:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

RedWizardGuy

Coralej Security

Over comm "Just keep an eye on things I suppose, hopefully we'll be done down here before they act. We've encountered a single somewhat surprised B-1 thus far." He'll make a quick search of the droid's remains, just in case it had an ID badge, pass etc. (logically there wouldn't have been a scanner if nothing used them is what he's thinking).

"Ilyene take point since you've got a lightsaber and lets get moving down this tunnel."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej Security

Over comm "Just keep an eye on things I suppose, hopefully we'll be done down here before they act. We've encountered a single somewhat surprised B-1 thus far." He'll make a quick search of the droid's remains, just in case it had an ID badge, pass etc. (logically there wouldn't have been a scanner if nothing used them is what he's thinking).

"Ilyene take point since you've got a lightsaber and lets get moving down this tunnel."
    As you move down the hallway, it's clear there was some fighting down here as blast marks scorch the walls in places. Unlike above, however, there are no destroyed droids; apparently someone had been by to clean up since the battle. About thirty feet in, you reach a closed door to your left, and there is a single metal track in the floor which curves out from beneath the door and continues on down the hallway.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #194

RedWizardGuy

Coralej Security

When he sees the track he stops and points "Anyone know what that might be for?"

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej Security

When he sees the track he stops and points "Anyone know what that might be for?"
    On closer inspection, it appears to be a track for droids with limited mobility / locomotion to move quickly about, within a ship or facility.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #196

Ilyene - Security

Ilyene follows, her saber still glowing blue as she has grown more tense. “Looks like tracks to deploy droids. Perhaps from another base?

17. - Top - End - #197

RedWizardGuy

Coralej Security

Coralej will get closer to the door "Should probably check in here, wouldn't want whatever uses those tracks surprising us on the way out."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej Security

Coralej will get closer to the door "Should probably check in here, wouldn't want whatever uses those tracks surprising us on the way out."
    Security:
    As you approach the door, half of it snaps open, but jams about three quarters of the way up. The servos strain as the door shakes a little bit, but it does not rise further. The room beyond is completely dark.

Relay Station:

Through the macrobinoculars, you spot several figures emerging from the trees near the scout droid. More and more appear, until ten B-1 droids are marching across the field, side by side, all carrying blaster rifles.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Over comms - Hey Boss (Coralej) we have movement ten armed B-1's headed this way, better get a move on that back-up because we are going to be shooting here soon.

then to the clones, Check your energy packs and get an extra out, wait for the heavy blaster to have range before firing, then target the lead droids. maybe we will get lucky and they will break and fall back.

then to the engineers keep your heads down and get that dish online fast

setting her blaster rifle to kill, and her blaster pistol to kill

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Over comms - Hey Boss (Coralej) we have movement ten armed B-1's headed this way, better get a move on that back-up because we are going to be shooting here soon.

then to the clones, Check your energy packs and get an extra out, wait for the heavy blaster to have range before firing, then target the lead droids. maybe we will get lucky and they will break and fall back.

then to the engineers keep your heads down and get that dish online fast

setting her blaster rifle to kill, and her blaster pistol to kill
    Relay station: “copy that,” one of the clones says.

The three of them check their weapons and take prone positions at the edge of the roof to reduce their profile.

Security sub-level:

Able to see in the dark, ax takes a look inside the room and noticed several open crates and some debris on the floor. The track appears to branch six ways inside the room, and against the far wall, a single small maintenance / loader droid sits in a charging station.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-06-02 at 08:43 PM.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Security sub-level:

Able to see in the dark, ax takes a look inside the room and noticed several open crates and some debris on the floor. The track appears to branch six ways inside the room, and against the far wall, a single small maintenance / loader droid sits in a charging station.
    "Seems temporarily abandoned, likely due to door malfunction," Ax trills. "One droid visible and charging, ostensibly noncombatant. Tracks lead behind cover. There may be loader droids back there, might not be. Take care." He stands back, awaiting commands on how to continue or an opportunity to assist.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #202

RedWizardGuy

Coralej Security

"Doesn't sound like anything we need to worry about, lets keep moving." Says Coralej as he continues down the corridor.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Sub-level:
    The group ignores the first door and follows the track down the corridor. Your footsteps echo off the duracrete, and the intermittent puddles and damp walls give the cool air a raw, humid quality. You come to a T-junction. The droid track on the ground turns to the left and you can see the corridor slopes upwards out of sight about a hundred feet away. To your right another corridor beckons, and it turns to the right about 50’ away.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora
    Relay Station

With her head down giving orders to the clones
    You with the Heavy Blaster start firing the moment you have range, target the lead B1 Droids
    You guys with blasters wait for them to get into short range then open up on them

Over comms Step up it guys these B1 Droids are closing the distance fast
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-06-05 at 04:11 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

RedWizardGuy

Coralej Security

Coralej has no idea which way is right, tracks might lead somewhere important, but they're also heading closer to the surface.
    He stops at the intersection and turns to the force for guidance, trying to feel out whether following the tracks is right.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Taking 10 for 18 to Search Feelings, will following the tracks have favourable results?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej Security

Coralej has no idea which way is right, tracks might lead somewhere important, but they're also heading closer to the surface.
    He stops at the intersection and turns to the force for guidance, trying to feel out whether following the tracks is right.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Taking 10 for 18 to Search Feelings, will following the tracks have favourable results?
    You get the sense that the tracks do not lead to the backup servers, though you do not sense danger from following them either.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #207

RedWizardGuy

Coralej Security

"The backup server is that way." Coralej points towards the right "Not sensing any danger the other way, but it sounds like there's trouble up above so we don't have time to explore." He'll start moving right.

28. - Top - End - #208

Ilyene - security

Copy.” Ilyene replies. “We are not heading up? Cora sounded a bit desperate.” She adds, shifting her blade nervously.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Cora
    Relay Station

With her head down giving orders to the clones
    You with the Heavy Blaster start firing the moment you have range, target the lead B1 Droids
    You guys with blasters wait for them to get into short range then open up on them

Over comms Step up it guys these B1 Droids are closing the distance fast
    Security Station:
    The clones wait until the droids reach about a quarter of the way across the field.

"Open fire!" one of them yells once the droids reach short range for their blaster rifles. Mindful of how much ammunition they carry, the clones use single shot fire. Blaster fire erupts on both sides as the droids return fire. None of the clones are hit in the first salvo, but one of the droids drop, leaving nine marching across the field.
    Spoiler
    Show
    your action.

Sub-Level

The passage away from the track turns to the right, heading almost back the way you came. You notice heavy wires on the ceiling here, curving into the wall above a closed durasteel door to your left. The passage ahead extends further another fifty feet, and ends at a metal ladder attached to the wall. Your guess is the ladder is beneath the Power Station. Next to the ladder, a single B1 droid rests in a charging station, and it seems either deactivated or unaware of your presence.

The door sports a card reader and number pad, with a small red light to indicate its locked status.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora
    Relay Station

short range for blaster rifle, Single shot targeting the closest B1
    (1d20+1)[20] -5 for short range -5 for non prof. (=10)
    (1d20+1)[12] confirm crit
    (3d8)[11] damage
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-06-08 at 07:04 AM.