New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Tarot Club II

Yeah, that's why I picked Caedorus to stab.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post

What are we, miss Snow?
    The demoness shrugged. Why were mortals so determined to classify these things? It wasn't something you could just declare, it was something that evolved and took on a life of its own.

"We had a lovely day yesterday," she said. "I'd like to have another today, despite the... circumstances. And then tomorrow... who knows what tomorrow may bring?"

She would have to leave, she knew, most likely within a few days. No use getting too attached. But she did like Rebecca, did enjoy her company in more ways than one. So what was the harm in one more day?

I highly doubt I can squeeze enough character development into this game to make our relationship work out, even if we both survive. I can try, though!
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

All love is doomed, if not by circumstance then by time.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    The lack of resistance to the Allando wagon is making me mildly paranoid, but only two wolves probably means that's not as valid as normal.

Still, if anyone has a case on anyone else they haven't already presented it would be great to hear it.

Actually, why did BCH die? Who did they suspect?

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: BCH stuff
    Show

This being a response to rogue_alchemist. The wagons in question were:

And we know (well, I know) that at least two of those were town. Is it too much of a reach to give Allando town points for this? I think so.

Voted for Allando, though without finding any serious reasons. Suspicion of rogue_alchemist.

Accurate townread, could have contributed to their death.

...yeah. Level 0 NKA says this looks worse for rogue_alchemist.

Thing is it's been too long since I've played with him to have a handle on whether what he's been doing is standard town!rogue stuff I find wolfy or stuff I find wolfy because, you know, it's a wolf.

Eh. We should probably be lynching in the Persolus pool today anyway... shouldn't we...

Tinfoil has been activated. I'm going to go explore a "Persolus is wolf with one of rogue_alchemist/Caedorus" world for a little, see where it takes me.

- - - Updated - - -

This response to Xihirli's suggesting a Seer test on Caedorus:

is fuelling the tinfoil further.

Is this someone who has TMI that Caedorus is in fact a wolf and so thinks there's a chance this Seer test is real? Or have I delved too deep into the Mines of Paranoia?

(Probably the latter. Hopefully there's no Balrogs down here. Still, it exists.)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually can I get thoughts on Caedorus in general? I feel like he hasn't really been discussed much.
    My top wolfreads are Allando/Pers/Rogue in that order. I'm actually inclined to say a Persolus lynch will give us a lot of info, even if they are town. If the lynch wasn't basically already decided on Allando I might move my vote but at this point it would just add to the confusion.
    Also, sneaky last-second vote changes to resolve ties *towards a townie* are very sus. If Allando flips wolf, we should absolutely lynch rogue tomorrow. Also pointing out Alchemist still isn't voting Allando.
    That's it for reads I don't think I've mentioned yet.
    Quotes
    I play W/W Mafia! I still claim I was Town all along! Believe me!
    Spoiler: Idea stolen from Snowblaze
    Show

W/W games lynched d1: 3
    W/W games played (excludes spectating) total: 10
    W/W games won: 6
    W/W games lost: 5
    W/W games narrated: 0
    W/W games spectated: 4
    W/W games as wolf: 2
    W/W games as Town: 6
    W/W games as Neutral: 2
    W/W games as Other: 0

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ok, I get why people are lynching me. First time I've ever been lynched, woohoo!
    I think I can safely roleclaim now, I don't suppose it makes that big of a difference. Why not let my death flip claim for me? Because I die regardless.
    The big problem is that pathways and alignments are given out seperately. so if I were wolf I would just claim my genuine pathway with "town".
    However, I think I still have some explaining to do, for which I need to claim.

Error Pathway
    The Error Pathway specializes in stealing, be it riches, powers, thoughts or even fate.

Sequence 8: Swindler
    Theft: You may target someone and steal their results. You may not target someone twice in a row.

––

You are a Town Beyonder. You win when all Evil Beyonders are dead.

Yesterday I targeted Bladescape. I have no idea how they figured out it was me, but this is probably the reason for their vote.
    I was actually trying to give reads, and still am not sure where I went wrong. Because I only discussed one person, or didn't explicitly add the line "I am 99% sure Xihirli's actions are indicative of power not alignment"?
    While it sucks to vote town twice in a row, we can still win. I very strongly suspect persolus/Xihirli pairing. Yes, now I suspect Xi.
    My vote is going to stay on persolus. I might get sluice points .
    Anyway, if y'all want to ask me anything, do say. I'm now going to reread thread to see if anyone asked me stuff; I just briefly skimmed through to see vote situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Mmm. Thing is, I don't really get a solid sense of where you stand on anyone from that post.

"Here are some reasons for why Xihirli did this thing. Maybe that one's more likely to be right, or maybe it's all just for the chaos". That's basically a summary of what you said in that post. Nowhere does it include "I think X is a wolf" or "I think Y is town".

So. Do you think Xihirli is a wolf? Why/why not? Do you have any reasons beyond OMGUS to suspect Persolus? Do you have any townreads, and if so who?

I believe the "1 in 4 chance" is just based on number of living players and likely number of wolves.

Also pointing out that Allando had three votes D1 and so was lead wagon, and that rogue_alchemist actually broke a tie between Ti and Allando with his last-minute vote. Because I wasn't really aware of that earlier.
    True. I think Xihirli... could be a wolf, or town. As for reasons to suspect Persolus, they've been voting me very consistently, from the start, without-until this one-giving good reasons imo.
    Also, tbh I found the way they stated that my post was wolfy quite hurtful, although that might fall under OMGUS. Maybe that's just me, idk. I'll look back and quote the post to give more commentary on why.
    Fair, but even so, an explanation instead of just stating it would've been better. True, it's not much.
    I was actually not aware... interesting.
    I'll follow this up with a post with actual, now enhanced and optimised reads, and a quote.

6. - Top - End - #126

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Allando View Post

Error Pathway
    The Error Pathway specializes in stealing, be it riches, powers, thoughts or even fate.

Sequence 8: Swindler
    Theft: You may target someone and steal their results. You may not target someone twice in a row.

––

You are a Town Beyonder. You win when all Evil Beyonders are dead.

Yesterday I targeted Bladescape. I have no idea how they figured out it was me, but this is probably the reason for their vote.
    I was actually trying to give reads, and still am not sure where I went wrong. Because I only discussed one person, or didn't explicitly add the line "I am 99% sure Xihirli's actions are indicative of power not alignment"?
    While it sucks to vote town twice in a row, we can still win. I very strongly suspect persolus/Xihirli pairing. Yes, now I suspect Xi.
    My vote is going to stay on persolus. I might get sluice points .
    Anyway, if y'all want to ask me anything, do say. I'm now going to reread thread to see if anyone asked me stuff; I just briefly skimmed through to see vote situation.
    ...ok, did you get any results from bladescape?
    True. I think Xihirli... could be a wolf, or town. As for reasons to suspect Persolus, they've been voting me very consistently, from the start, without-until this one-giving good reasons imo.
    Also, tbh I found the way they stated that my post was wolfy quite hurtful, although that might fall under OMGUS. Maybe that's just me, idk. I'll look back and quote the post to give more commentary on why.
    Fair, but even so, an explanation instead of just stating it would've been better. True, it's not much.
    I was actually not aware... interesting.
    I'll follow this up with a post with actual, now enhanced and optimised reads, and a quote.
    I'm wolf-reading you for the same reasons as I've been wolfread in the past. Apologies for being a bit more harsh than i typically was; again, that's the energy from the other game bleeding over.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    These aren't reads, this is filler. A vote count, mechanical analysis, a defense of a player without saying anything about the person making the attack... this is the quintessential wolf post.

Given that I already know that there's a 1/4 chance you're a wolf, Allando, got any actual reads and/or information you'd like to tell us?
    Calling my reads garbage, in such a straightforward way, isn't nice. I suppose I'll get used to it, and it's actually NAI or even towny.
    Compromise: Persolus, can I have your reads?
    I'm probably tunneling persolus.

I was not meaning that, no. Not elaborating further quite yet.
    Oh, ok? Do you have an information power? (Don't answer that if it gets you killed).

So let me get this straight... I'm the highest wolf-read, because I'm being more active?

It seems that every single game I come off the opposite way i intend to.

...also, hang on. Your one singular wolf-read before this was "hey Persolus' vibes are different."

Every other post was either RP or a mechanics discussion.

You're minimizing the major wolf-read (allando), and while i wouldn't say I townread RA, he's giving me good vibes?

Illven
    You changed your vote, from the major wolf read in the same post as saying I am the major wolf read, with at that time exactly two people voting me (and I think two people voting you? Interesting) to someone entirely new.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Huh, neat. If that's true then that means I can narrow it down even further.
    Sure, Allando, let's go nuts.
    Can you narrow it by killing me, because you know you aren't wolf or some power?
    Also, slighly unnerving Xi themselves haven't yet reacted to the no-vote thing.

The lack of resistance to the Allando wagon is making me mildly paranoid, but only two wolves probably means that's not as valid as normal.

Still, if anyone has a case on anyone else they haven't already presented it would be great to hear it.

Actually, why did BCH die? Who did they suspect?

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: BCH stuff
    Show

This being a response to rogue_alchemist. The wagons in question were:

And we know (well, I know) that at least two of those were town. Is it too much of a reach to give Allando town points for this? I think so.

Voted for Allando, though without finding any serious reasons. Suspicion of rogue_alchemist.

Accurate townread, could have contributed to their death.

...yeah. Level 0 NKA says this looks worse for rogue_alchemist.

Thing is it's been too long since I've played with him to have a handle on whether what he's been doing is standard town!rogue stuff I find wolfy or stuff I find wolfy because, you know, it's a wolf.

Eh. We should probably be lynching in the Persolus pool today anyway... shouldn't we...

Tinfoil has been activated. I'm going to go explore a "Persolus is wolf with one of rogue_alchemist/Caedorus" world for a little, see where it takes me.

- - - Updated - - -

This response to Xihirli's suggesting a Seer test on Caedorus:

is fuelling the tinfoil further.

Is this someone who has TMI that Caedorus is in fact a wolf and so thinks there's a chance this Seer test is real? Or have I delved too deep into the Mines of Paranoia?

(Probably the latter. Hopefully there's no Balrogs down here. Still, it exists.)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually can I get thoughts on Caedorus in general? I feel like he hasn't really been discussed much.
    I can read Caedorus as either neutral or wolf. Their play has generally seemed like that of someone who just wants to survive. Which might also be towny, but I'm lacking a ton of solvy stuff.
    Seeing as this game has very little players, I think the amount of neutrals is likely going to be minimal. Just thought I'd mention.
    As for other suspicions, while persolus remains my top suspect, and think Xi might be pocketing, I suspect both Caedorus and Batcathat slightly. Bat is mainly paranoia about not knowing how they knew.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I think if Persolus is a wolf he's more likely to give a pool of names that don't contain a partner than one that does. Also Xihirli is town, because Reasons.

Allando, when you say "steal results" does that mean that you get the results and the player who should doesn't, or both of you get them?

bladescape, do you have reason to believe your results were or weren't stolen?

I'll let Allando catch up properly before I attack him with more questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh... BCH is dead and flipped town. Guessing you mean bladescape?

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

...ok, did you get any results from bladescape?

I'm wolf-reading you for the same reasons as I've been wolfread in the past. Apologies for being a bit more harsh than i typically was; again, that's the energy from the other game bleeding over.
    No, I only got the ability to also gain other's results when I advanced this morning.
    No problem

10. - Top - End - #130

SwashbucklerGuy

No, I only got the ability to also gain other's results when I advanced this morning.
    No problem
    Are you willing to share what you targetted bladescape with, then?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I think if Persolus is a wolf he's more likely to give a pool of names that don't contain a partner than one that does. Also Xihirli is town, because Reasons.

Allando, when you say "steal results" does that mean that you get the results and the player who should doesn't, or both of you get them?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Yes, I meant Bladescape. Somehow I keep confusing them in my head.
    Hm. If Xi is town, I need to revise my reads.
    As far as I understood it, I blocked them from getting any results (but didn't get any myself other than that it was a succes).
    Now if I were to target someone, I would get their results.
    I'm not 100% sure on this though.

12. - Top - End - #132

SwashbucklerGuy

Yes. Yes, I meant Bladescape. Somehow I keep confusing them in my head.
    Hm. If Xi is town, I need to revise my reads.
    As far as I understood it, I blocked them from getting any results (but didn't get any myself other than that it was a succes).
    Now if I were to target someone, I would get their results.
    I'm not 100% sure on this though.
    What was the wording on your initial ability? Do you remember?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Allando 4: bladescape, Caedorus, Snowblaze, Xihirli
    Persolus 2: Allando, Ilven
    Ilven 1: Persolus
    Xihirli 1: rogue_alchemist

My gut wants me to switch here. I don't know if listening to it is sensible. Or who I should switch to.

Allando, thoughts on rogue_alchemist? Why did you decide to target bladescape?

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #134

SwashbucklerGuy

[I'm not asking because I don't believe you, I'm asking because that information might help me.]

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Yes, I meant blade. Dunno
    Hum. If Xi is town I need to revise my reads.

So Book just told me that I did get Blade's result: it was "Successful". That's why I thought I hadn't gotten it and just confirmation.
    Blade still got their result as well, which makes me even more confused how they knew.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Welp, now I feel bad.
    This post made me ever so slightly sus. Enough to want to know what they were up to.

16. - Top - End - #136

SwashbucklerGuy

Xihirli, Illven, are either of you baners?

- - - Updated - - -

Xihirli, Illven, are either of you baners?
    Alternatively, are either of you voiders?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

What was the wording on your initial ability? Do you remember?
    Theft: You may target someone and learn their results. You may not target someone twice in a row.

So now it's steal instead of learn.

Allando 4: bladescape, Caedorus, Snowblaze, Xihirli
    Persolus 2: Allando, Ilven
    Ilven 1: Persolus
    Xihirli 1: rogue_alchemist

My gut wants me to switch here. I don't know if listening to it is sensible. Or who I should switch to.

Allando, thoughts on rogue_alchemist? Why did you decide to target bladescape?
    At this point I might as well get eliminated, I'll get nk'ed for sure otherwise. Then again, that means they don't nk someone else.
    As for RA, hm. What were the suspicions against them again?

18. - Top - End - #138

SwashbucklerGuy

bladescape, any comment on all of this?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I now don't... think... I want to kill Allando.

But I want to kill anyone else with votes on even less.

Would anyone be interested in a CFD, and if so who would you be willing to vote?

Does anyone have reasons (or Reasons) to townread bladescape/Caedorus/rogue_alchemist, or otherwise not want them dead?

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #140

SwashbucklerGuy

Would anyone be interested in a CFD, and if so who would you be willing to vote?

Does anyone have reasons (or Reasons) to townread bladescape/Caedorus/rogue_alchemist, or otherwise not want them dead?
    Also, out of curiousity - Snow, did you do anything last night to get information? because there's not quite enough here.
    [...on the other hand, if that would make you a target, feel free to keep it to yourself]

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Not me. You'll have to explain CFD though

22. - Top - End - #142

SwashbucklerGuy

I am also unfamiliar with the term.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Also, out of curiousity - Snow, did you do anything last night to get information? because there's not quite enough here.
    [...on the other hand, if that would make you a target, feel free to keep it to yourself]
    aaaaaa your questions are making me paranoid.

I don't think it particularly benefits town to know what I did or didn't do last night. So no comment.

What do you mean "not quite enough?"

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #144

SwashbucklerGuy

aaaaaa your questions are making me paranoid.

I don't think it particularly benefits town to know what I did or didn't do last night. So no comment.

What do you mean "not quite enough?"
    I mean "not quite enough information".

I'm very close to being able to solve stuff, but I need more data

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I am also unfamiliar with the term.
    Huh. I thought that was a more commonly-used term around here.

Chinese Fire Drill - means wagoning/lynching someone who hasn't previously been a major wagon, close to EOD.

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #146

SwashbucklerGuy

Huh. I thought that was a more commonly-used term around here.

Chinese Fire Drill - means wagoning/lynching someone who hasn't previously been a major wagon, close to EOD.
    We've both been here less than a year, remember?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

We've both been here less than a year, remember?
    Right. Yes. (I just would have expected it to have come up at some point recently. Also it feels longer than that.)

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #148

SwashbucklerGuy

Right. Yes. (I just would have expected it to have come up at some point recently. Also it feels longer than that.)
    I feel like i've heard the phrase "quickhammer" used?

Also, aww, i'm memorable :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to steal your phrasing, Snow, I'm starting to get "tinfoil" about a blade/Snow pair.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mmm. It might also be I picked up the term from hydra game or something.

Anyway, I've skimmed through your ISO from Raging Loop and it feels different enough from this game that I'm more confident in town!you.

So. If this is going to help, and since I don't think it'll benefit wolves too much: I did not gain information from using my action last night.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to steal your phrasing, Snow, I'm starting to get "tinfoil" about a blade/Snow pair.
    Explain, please?

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #150

SwashbucklerGuy

Mmm. It might also be I picked up the term from hydra game or something.

Anyway, I've skimmed through your ISO from Raging Loop and it feels different enough from this game that I'm more confident in town!you.

So. If this is going to help, and since I don't think it'll benefit wolves too much: I did not gain information from using my action last night.
    Would you be willing to claim baner/voider on Rogue_Alchemist? or is your action something secret that will help us later?

[nah, probably just a passive]