New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Default Silvery Barbs + Distant Spell

Does Distant Spell only modify the range that you can grant advantage at, not the range you can impose pseudo-disadvantage at?

Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when a creature you can see within 60 feet of yourself succeeds on an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw
    Range: 60 feet
    You can only take that reaction if someone succeeds on a roll within 60 ft., and that restriction is a part of the Casting Time entry, not the Range entry. Even if Distant Spell increases the range of the spell, you can only cast it in the first place if someone activates that trigger, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Is this a good OJEBUWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES, or a bad OJFBUEWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    "Oh no, I'm bleeding out of my eyes...it's only now that I see that the delivery fee isn't a substitute for tipping your pizza guy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arguss View Post
    "No" means "yes".
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    My other idea was to be a troglodyte were-cockroach and just smell bad in people's squares.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Silvery Barbs + Distant Spell

Correct. Counterspell works the same way, increasing its range does not help with the trigger.
    It's Eberron, not ebberon.
    It's not high magic, it's wide magic.
    And it's definitely not steampunk. The only time steam gets involved is when the fire and water elementals break loose.