New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Wrath of the Righteous OOC

Here is the OOC thread for the Wrath of the Righteous game. Please introduce yourselves and pick a colour. I will be using Medium Green for NPCs.

Here is the link to the Recruitment thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...s-(seeking-DM)

And here is the link to the IC thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...2#post25739582
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-03-23 at 04:01 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous OOC

Fouchland Richards, the Dawnbringer will speak in Orange.

Team Buffs:
    --> Mythic Endure Elements (24 hrs)
    --> Death Warden's Bandolier (24 hrs)

If I remember any more long term buffs, I'll edit them into this post.

I also have Create Food and Water, so we don't have to worry about food.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2023-03-23 at 08:37 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Lady Rosalyn "The Eternal Crusader"

She will speak in Bold, mainly as posting the colours from my phone is challenging. And hello all, Exciting to be in the game.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Lei Korosuga will speak in Blue

Ashley will speak in Bold Dark green
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-08-09 at 12:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Bill Elenath will speak in teal.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Congrats everyone!

Hiigara will speak in red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Just looking at the introductory posts so far and just noting, Queen Galfrey is anything but young, she's over a hundred and only looks young due to sun orchid elixirs which restore youth. A minor point but worth noting since that means she's been leading the crusades since the first.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFlash View Post
    Just looking at the introductory posts so far and just noting, Queen Galfrey is anything but young, she's over a hundred and only looks young due to sun orchid elixirs which restore youth. A minor point but worth noting since that means she's been leading the crusades since the first.
    For Rosalyn the young is a relative term

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

True, though even besides Galfrey being over a hundred, I tend to call someone young or old according to their race, not outside perspectives. An 80 year old human is old, even if to an elf or dragon that would be barely sufficient to be called an adult if that.

10. - Top - End - #10

Imp

Question.

Aura of Heroism, from the Heroism subdomain of the Glory Domain, allows me to affect allies within range with Heroism.

Thanks to Mythic Spell Lore, I can cast Mythic Heroism in place of regular Heroism.

Ergo, can I use Aura of Heroism to affect allies in range with Mythic Heroism?

For reference, here's the ability in question:

Aura of Heroism (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of heroism for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. Using this ability is a swift action. Allies in the area are treated as if they were under the effects of heroism. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

11. - Top - End - #11

Let me know if you guys have any questions about Hiigara. He'd likely be most comfortable with Lady Rosalyn, initially due to them both being Aasimar, and then due to shared stories of loss (if earlier conversations would have strayed that way). Second would be Fouchland Richards, due to his strong moral compass, and the fighting shield amuses Hiigara more than he admits. Just based on where skill checks are, these two may be the face(s) of the party.

And of course these are just my initial impressions, feel free to correct me anywhere I make a wrong assumption.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Question.

Aura of Heroism, from the Heroism subdomain of the Glory Domain, allows me to affect allies within range with Heroism.

Thanks to Mythic Spell Lore, I can cast Mythic Heroism in place of regular Heroism.

Ergo, can I use Aura of Heroism to affect allies in range with Mythic Heroism?

For reference, here's the ability in question:
    I will say no to that. The Mythic Heroism only applies to the spell, not an aura that duplicates the spell.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Let me know if you guys have any questions about Hiigara. He'd likely be most comfortable with Lady Rosalyn, initially due to them both being Aasimar, and then due to shared stories of loss (if earlier conversations would have strayed that way). Second would be Fouchland Richards, due to his strong moral compass, and the fighting shield amuses Hiigara more than he admits. Just based on where skill checks are, these two may be the face(s) of the party.

And of course these are just my initial impressions, feel free to correct me anywhere I make a wrong assumption.
    I like Hiigara. Can see Rosalyn feeling protective towards him as he’s an orphan and she’d try and mother him. With the likes of Fouchland it’s just a fellow crusader of holy power so would have been a decent level of respect there

14. - Top - End - #14

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    I will say no to that. The Mythic Heroism only applies to the spell, not an aura that duplicates the spell.
    That's fine. I'm replacing it with Mythic Surmount Affliction, then. Seems like a useful spell.

15. - Top - End - #15

Imp

Also, just a heads up, but Mythic Endure Elements is a bit stronger than regular Endure Elements. For one, it grants you fire resistance 5 and cold resistance 5 for the entire 24 hour duration. It also allows you to ignore the slowing effects of snow, as well as negates the penalties on ranged attacks + Perception checks caused by inclimate weather. Lastly, you treat the strength of wind as 1 step less severe.

Also, I don't have Wind Walk prepared, but I can cast it with Inspired Spell if need be. That said, I am already spending 1 mythic power on the Death Warden's Bandolier, so I don't suppose Bill has a spell that could aid in fast travel here?
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2023-03-27 at 04:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

I can teleport as stated, and I'm assuming that since Bill's been wandering the wound pretty much from the start, he probably has at least seen most of it once, if not better, and so can try to take them some place sorta close to the Fane.

17. - Top - End - #17

Imp

I can teleport as stated, and I'm assuming that since Bill's been wandering the wound pretty much from the start, he probably has at least seen most of it once, if not better, and so can try to take them some place sorta close to the Fane.
    Okay, so is the plan Teleport to Drezden and then Wind Walk the rest of the way there? Or do you have a better transport spell in mind than Wind Walk?

I will say that part of the benefit of Wind Walk (aside from it's long duration) is the fact that as long we wear all white, we have an 80% chance to not get noticed, as everything should see us as just another cloud.

But if you have a better transport spell, I'm all for it.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I’d maybe suggest teleport to 20-30 miles away then wind walk the last bit to keep things fast?

Rosalyn had no group buffs beyond some passive auras. Does anyone else have group buffs before the team hit the road to the Fane?

19. - Top - End - #19

Just some teamwork feats I can share with all of us, but I'll cast Shared Training once we're closer.

It looks like Bill and I are the only ones with access to Invisibility?
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #20

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I’d maybe suggest teleport to 20-30 miles away then wind walk the last bit to keep things fast?

Rosalyn had no group buffs beyond some passive auras. Does anyone else have group buffs before the team hit the road to the Fane?
    Depends on how far the anti-teleportation range is, but you're right, let's keep things fast and just assume that we teleport as close as we possibly can without tripping any countermeasures or enemy scouts.

Then we can Wind Walk the rest of the way there. If it's only 30 miles away, that's only about 30 minutes of travel. The spell lasts 1 hour/level, which is 12 hours at this level. We can shift between Wind form and normal form at will, however, the shift takes 5 rounds to accomplish, and while in Wind form it's the same as gaseous form, so... definitely not great for combat. But it should easily cover any out-of-combat flying needs for the entire party, and for pretty much the entire day at that.

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Just some teamwork feats I can share with all of us, but I'll cast Shared Training once we're closer.

It looks like Bill and I are the only ones with access to Invisibility?
    Assuming none of us are size Large or larger, a single casting of Invisibility Sphere is probably more than adequate. Of course, this assumes that we need invisibility, but that's up to Bill.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2023-03-28 at 04:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

I've got Wild Arcana, so I can cast just about anything needed that I'm high enough level for, just will use some mythic power.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Just a heads up that my posting will be only every second day or so much of the time. A friend of mine has terminal cancer and is in hospital, so my partner and I are there every second day. It won't stop me posting, but it will slow it down a little. And I am not the quickest of posters even at the best of times. The game won't be going anywhere, but I just wanted to warn you all not to expect daily posts.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Just a heads up that my posting will be only every second day or so much of the time. A friend of mine has terminal cancer and is in hospital, so my partner and I are there every second day. It won't stop me posting, but it will slow it down a little. And I am not the quickest of posters even at the best of times. The game won't be going anywhere, but I just wanted to warn you all not to expect daily posts.
    Really sorry to hear that. That must be tough
    Thanks for the heads up on the posting side of things

24. - Top - End - #24

Imp

I've got Wild Arcana, so I can cast just about anything needed that I'm high enough level for, just will use some mythic power.
    As far as I see it, It's up to you to end the deliberation and teleport us as close as you see fit. 30 miles is probably fine.

That is... unfortunate. But we understand. Thank you for giving us the heads up.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

does anyone have any form of scrying?- any divination style magic to check the area? if the previous bunch sent were trying to get close to the portal then the portal could be a factor, and yet teleportation as a whole could just be fatal no mater how far away we might try to target?

26. - Top - End - #26

Imp

If you want, I could cast Commune to determine a decent distance we can teleport from?

27. - Top - End - #27

Absolutely understandable, I'm sure your friend appreciates every moment.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

If you want, I could cast Commune to determine a decent distance we can teleport from?
    it probably would not hurt to if at the very least know what is in the area, even if we need to "Travel" there

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    it probably would not hurt to if at the very least know what is in the area, even if we need to "Travel" there
    Yeah, good call, especially if we're left to our own resources for intel.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I must submit my apologies for not having been online in a few days. I have been visiting a terminally ill friend in hospital every second day in my free time. And in between those days, I have been helping a friend do an online course that has taken him many hours longer than it took me when I did the same course. But he has been using my computer to do it as he doesn't have one himself, and so I haven't been able to access my computer.

I am updating the posts now.