New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Can you help me make a pathfinder 2e 3rd level character ?

hi all, In 2 days I will be actually playing pathfinder 2e for the first time. It's a one-shot with 4 level 3 characters. The other 3 players are playing the premade merisiel rogue, the premade kyra cleric and custom paladin supposedly very tankish.
    I wanted to find a fun character to play, the alchemist really attracted me flavour wise but it looks like you only have like 7 bombs that deal 1-2 splash damage so it feels very underwhelming.
    I was looking into a ranged magus but I'm not sure it can be done effectively since i'm not very familiar with the system, i remember it was very melee focused in pathfinder 1e.
    I could just play i wizard I guess but i'm not sure it would be fun/useful at level 3.
    I also considered to make some kind of gunslinger like the stereotpical dwarvish rifleman but again i don't know how to build them.

Any help guys?
    Awesome custom avatar made by Ceika

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Can you help me make a pathfinder 2e 3rd level character ?

Shooting star magus is built for range. Make sure you understand the actions needed to use spellstrike effectively. Adding psychic dedication for a more powerful cantrip helps.

Not sure I would reccomend alchemist at 3 for a new player. Takes a lot of work to make that class work and the low levels are rough.

Small bonuses and penalties are a big deal. Denying enemy actions with positioning and teamwork, also a big deal.

Paizo forums are probably a better place for info though. PF2 doesn't get much attention here.