New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Boss Encounter Test OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Ref Save assuming evil. It's very likely an auto fail, but still I have to roll.
    Alice has SR 105 in case it matters.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]

Assuming the Area dispel works as usual, the first check dispels my highest CL Buff (the overchanneled maxed out Inertial Armor) and then discharges as per area dispel rules.
    Evil: You get the bonus on saves.

Dispel: Use that rule.

SR: Does not apply vs these attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arael666 View Post
    I was in view, beside but able to bee seen and to see, like halfway "in n out"
    So half of his body visible and the other half obscured by the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    @Yas392
    okay things to remedy when the enemy does its thing

enemy attacks then disappearing into thin air.

RE: Nokomis is damaged by avalanche for (20d6)[69] untyped damage that affects incorporeal and has to make Fort Save (DC 87) to avoid being buried.

AoE Damage (Reflex Save (DC 70) for half damage)

(20d6)[72]
    (20d6)[72]
    (20d6)[68]
    (20d6)[74]

Spellcraft to Identify the spell of effect used for the Avalanche
    [roll0]

*Check You can identify spells and magic effects. Spellcraft DC 30 or higher, Understand a strange or unique magical effect, such as the effects of a magic stream

*Strong Conjuration & Illusion Aura - I think that my check gets more information than this

Question: an avalanche that reaches 40ft high and magically stops at her?

Nokomis was already invisible via Superior Invisibility before she opened the door
    Superior Invisibility: it masks image, scent, and sound alike, concealing the subject from all senses except touch

So how is she being targeted ?

Nokomis has

Improved Evasion (Ex): takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attack

SR 45

Nokomis is immune to these that I think apply

<
    undead special attacks that deal ability damage, ability drain, and magical disease (such as mummy rot), even if these attacks do not have a magical source

any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance

any effect requiring a Fortitude save unless it is harmless or affects objects

enchantment spells

cold

mind-affecting effects

mind-affecting spells and abilities

>
    Area Dispel
    Rings of Counterspells: greater dispel magic : Instead, should that spell ever be cast upon the wearer, the spell is immediately countered, as a counterspell action, requiring no action (or even knowledge) on the wearer’s part

*Pending results of spellcraft, and any related immunity or other things I have asked about these rolls may or may not apply

Fortitude Save:[roll1] <may not apply due to immunities>

Reflex Save:[roll2] <may not apply due to immunities>

Protection Domain (Reflex saves) + 20, Battle clarity (Reflex saves) +3

I presume these are attacks against Nokomis's AC ???

(1d20+51)[63]
    (1d20+51)[71]
    (1d20+51)[60]
    (1d20+51)[68]
    (1d20+51)[66]
    (1d20+51)[67]
    (1d20+51)[69]
    (1d20+51)[70]
    (1d20+51)[56]
    (1d20+51)[53]

edited
    It is an instant avalanche descending on her from above her head.

On Special Ability: The snow that attempts to bury you is magical and quasi-real.

Avalanche: Botch the save. Can you re-roll two reflex saves (DC 70) this time for the avalanche (one to halve damage, one to avoid being buried)?

Superior Invisibility: The spell has weaknesses. I am not going to spoil how he detect you until you have ways of learning about him.

Immunities/SR: Does not apply.

Targeted: No.

Dispel: Auranghzeb is correct except for the epic part.

Reflex Saves for other three barrages: Need three more from Nokomis and four from Hjalmar.

Unless there are any tricks to deal with it, I believe the assassin's damage drops A Series of Intricate Flexes.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2023-05-11 at 09:22 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@Yas392
    I have to presume the enemy to have something akin to fly by attack, and something close to natural invisibility that would automatically cause it to regain invisibility

Nokomis: readies her weapons, begins to fly 410ft (Perfect), becomes invisible, (Superior invisibility), enters Pearl of Black Doubt stance
    posted IC #7

On Special Ability: The snow that attempts to bury you is magical and quasi-real.
    if it is magic, then it is subject to greater dispel, it is probably subject to other factors as well

Avalanche: Botch the save. Can you re-roll two reflex saves (DC 70) this time for the avalanche (one to halve damage, one to avoid being buried)?

Superior Invisibility: The spell has weaknesses. I am not going to spoil how he detect you until you have ways of learning about him.

Reflex Saves for other three barrages: Need three more from Nokomis and four from Hjalmar.

you may get around the Superior invisibility, but how are you gettting around the under continuous nondetection effect
    Posted IC post #4

and then how do you target her with *Extended Sanctuary <40 rounds> active she can not be targeted even if you somehow see her

Superior Invisibility (Complete Arcane p125) (As a continuous effect DMG p285)
    the only "weakness" is though creatures under the effect of the spell can be detected by true seeing or the blindsight ability.

and I would argue that if true sight, blindsight, blindsense, tremor sense ECT, are all limited to us they are equally limited to the enemy

so this is a spell of some sort, my spellcraft check is high enough to tell me a lot about it I would think
    Spellcraft to Identify the spell of effect used for the Avalanche (1d20+45)[46]

so that "spell" somehow or another - bypasses innate immunities, I question how this is possible as far as I am aware no epic ability does this <- feel free to discuss this in a pm as I have searched all relatable spells "avalanche" and none match the damage or effect you stated, and all versions, I did find the innate immunities will cause this to be ignored.

and then there counter spell: greater dispel to counter that area dispel magic spell -I would like to know how it does not?

area dispel: CL 33 *Extended Sanctuary <40 rounds>

Area Dispel
    When dispel magic is used in this way, the spell affects everything within a 20-foot radius.
    For each creature within the area that is the subject of one or more spells, you make a dispel check against the spell with the highest caster level. If that check fails, you make dispel checks against progressively weaker spells until you dispel one spell (which discharges the dispel magic spell so far as that target is concerned) or until you fail all your checks. The creature’s magic items are not affected.

I can not take half damage due to improved evasion if I pass the save, and only take half on a failed save

(20d6)[72]
    (20d6)[72]
    (20d6)[68]
    (20d6)[74]

1:Reflex Save:(1d20+81)[90] <may not apply due to immunities>
    2:(1d20+81)[98] <may not apply due to immunities>
    3:(1d20+81)[82] <may not apply due to immunities>
    4:(1d20+81)[83] <may not apply due to immunities>

edited
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-11 at 02:13 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

This time my tardiness was pretty much unavoidable. I had to attend a parole hearing for the guy who killed me. That's over and done with, so I should be back to my preferred posting henceforth.

And yes, 10' from the door is accurate.

(1d20+102)[104]
    If hit, deals 1024 damage.

Woof. Wow. That bests my AC by 4. I'm at -701.

The big is squished.
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2023-05-12 at 07:42 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94

AssassinGuy

@Yas392
    I have to presume the enemy to have something akin to fly by attack, and something close to natural invisibility that would automatically cause it to regain invisibility

Nokomis: readies her weapons, begins to fly 410ft (Perfect), becomes invisible, (Superior invisibility), enters Pearl of Black Doubt stance
    posted IC #7

if it is magic, then it is subject to greater dispel, it is probably subject to other factors as well

you may get around the Superior invisibility, but how are you gettting around the under continuous nondetection effect
    Posted IC post #4

and then how do you target her with *Extended Sanctuary <40 rounds> active she can not be targeted even if you somehow see her

Superior Invisibility (Complete Arcane p125) (As a continuous effect DMG p285)
    the only "weakness" is though creatures under the effect of the spell can be detected by true seeing or the blindsight ability.

and I would argue that if true sight, blindsight, blindsense, tremor sense ECT, are all limited to us they are equally limited to the enemy

so this is a spell of some sort, my spellcraft check is high enough to tell me a lot about it I would think
    Spellcraft to Identify the spell of effect used for the Avalanche (1d20+45)[46]

so that "spell" somehow or another - bypasses innate immunities, I question how this is possible as far as I am aware no epic ability does this <- feel free to discuss this in a pm as I have searched all relatable spells "avalanche" and none match the damage or effect you stated, and all versions, I did find the innate immunities will cause this to be ignored.

and then there counter spell: greater dispel to counter that area dispel magic spell -I would like to know how it does not?

area dispel: CL 33 *Extended Sanctuary <40 rounds>

Area Dispel
    When dispel magic is used in this way, the spell affects everything within a 20-foot radius.
    For each creature within the area that is the subject of one or more spells, you make a dispel check against the spell with the highest caster level. If that check fails, you make dispel checks against progressively weaker spells until you dispel one spell (which discharges the dispel magic spell so far as that target is concerned) or until you fail all your checks. The creature’s magic items are not affected.

I can not take half damage due to improved evasion if I pass the save, and only take half on a failed save

(20d6)[72]
    (20d6)[72]
    (20d6)[68]
    (20d6)[74]

2:(1d20+51)[59] <may not apply due to immunities>
    3:[roll1] <may not apply due to immunities>
    4:[roll2] <may not apply due to immunities>

edited
    Avalanche: No, it does not. Magic does not equal spell. I cannot give spoilers/info unless your character/s declare they do something to get them which has not yet been done. And no, Ring of Counterspells with Greater Dispel only counterspell the same spell used against it.

Superior Invisibility Limitations to enemy: Player limitations does not apply to the enemies I created in my games.

Superior Invisibility/Sanctuary: He detected your character, nevertheless, and I will take into account the non-detection. He is unaffected by sanctuary. Again, I cannot give spoilers/info unless your character/s declare they do something to get them which has not yet been done.

Improved Evasion: The description is for normal conditions which does not apply to her since you informed me that she has improved evasion. If your character has that then yes, she takes half damage on a failed save or none if succeed. I am waiting for those saves for the avalanche.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+51)[59]

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    This time my tardiness was pretty much unavoidable. I had to attend a parole hearing for the guy who killed me. That's over and done with, so I should be back to my preferred posting henceforth.

And yes, 10' from the door is accurate.

(1d20+102)[104]
    If hit, deals 1024 damage.

Woof. Wow. That bests my AC by 4. I'm at -701.

The big is squished.
    Glad you are alright.

Was hoping for that natural one so your character gets some breathing room to react, lol. Will be waiting to see if the others have any ways to deal with it.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2023-05-12 at 01:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Glad you are alright.
    It was more emotional than I care to admit. But i made it through.

Was hoping for that natural one so your character gets some breathing room to react, lol. Will be waiting to see if the others have any ways to deal with it.
    Even a Nat1 would have beaten my AC. My AC was 100 even. The To Hit bonus is 102.

SPLAT!

Lol
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2023-05-12 at 01:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Even a Nat1 would have beaten my AC. My AC was 100 even. The To Hit bonus is 102.

SPLAT!

Lol
    It is also the lucky number that saves your character from being splat.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

So half of his body visible and the other half obscured by the wall?
    Yes, Hjalmar was a legal target for everything that happened.

Before continuing, I'd like to point out that Hjalmar has Battlemagic perception active, so he should be "able to sense the use of any spell or spell-like ability within 100 feet, so long as you have line of effect to the caster. With a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level) you can even ascertain the spell being cast."

He also has a ring of spellbattle t"he wearer becomes cognizant of all spellcasting that occurs within 60 feet, and she can identify the spell being cast (even if she can't see its casting or effect) on a successful Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level). If this identification succeeds, the wearer can choose once per day to have the ring counterspell (without readying a counterspell action or making a dispel check) or can change the target or the point of effect of the spell to any target or point within 60 feet (including herself if she chooses to redirect a potentially beneficial spell)."

Hjalmar will spend 4 inspiration points to add his INT mod to each save
    [roll]1d20+52+16[/roll]
    [roll]1d20+52+16[/roll]
    [roll]1d20+52+16[/roll]
    [roll]1d20+52+16[/roll]

If these area attacks do not extend to the ethereal plane, Hjalmar takes 50% less damage on top of any succesful save because of greater blink.
    Do DR apply to any of these damages? If it does, I should also roll reflex because of starmantle. Either way, Ice Shield should be able to absorb at least 180 points of damage.

Regarding the area dispel, aside from protection from evil that was used to activate my prayer beads, all my spells have the same caster level - 36 (I previously assumed my caster levels would be 32 during battle since I assumed prayer beads would not be active, but thats not the case). So how should I resolve this? By order of casting or at random?

Finally, can we roll knowledge checks to identify the creature since we managed to see it?

8. - Top - End - #98

ClericGuy

sorry for the double post, I'm stupid

(1d20+68)[81]
    (1d20+68)[81]
    (1d20+68)[71]
    (1d20+68)[75]

9. - Top - End - #99

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arael666 View Post
    Yes, Hjalmar was a legal target for everything that happened.

Before continuing, I'd like to point out that Hjalmar has Battlemagic perception active, so he should be "able to sense the use of any spell or spell-like ability within 100 feet, so long as you have line of effect to the caster. With a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level) you can even ascertain the spell being cast."

He also has a ring of spellbattle t"he wearer becomes cognizant of all spellcasting that occurs within 60 feet, and she can identify the spell being cast (even if she can't see its casting or effect) on a successful Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level). If this identification succeeds, the wearer can choose once per day to have the ring counterspell (without readying a counterspell action or making a dispel check) or can change the target or the point of effect of the spell to any target or point within 60 feet (including herself if she chooses to redirect a potentially beneficial spell)."

Hjalmar will spend 4 inspiration points to add his INT mod to each save
    [roll]1d20+52+16[/roll]
    [roll]1d20+52+16[/roll]
    [roll]1d20+52+16[/roll]
    [roll]1d20+52+16[/roll]

If these area attacks do not extend to the ethereal plane, Hjalmar takes 50% less damage on top of any succesful save because of greater blink.
    Do DR apply to any of these damages? If it does, I should also roll reflex because of starmantle. Either way, Ice Shield should be able to absorb at least 180 points of damage.

Regarding the area dispel, aside from protection from evil that was used to activate my prayer beads, all my spells have the same caster level - 36 (I previously assumed my caster levels would be 32 during battle since I assumed prayer beads would not be active, but thats not the case). So how should I resolve this? By order of casting or at random?

Finally, can we roll knowledge checks to identify the creature since we managed to see it?
    Spell Casted: Bombardment from Druid list. Also, the reflex saves are to avoid burial + dense rubble, forgot about that. I screwed up the damage this round. I'm not going back to amend.

Roll for Starmantle: Yes.

AoE Damage extend to ethereal plane & DR: Yes. No, DR does not apply.

Prayer Beads: Order of Casting.

Knowledge checks: Yes.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2023-05-12 at 03:02 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@ Yas392

if nokomis is affected by Bombarment

Bombardment
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Druid 8,
    Components: V, S, AF,
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
    Area: 15-ft.-radius burst
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex half; see text
    Spell Resistance: Yes

I am presuming that the "Enemy" used the same build rules as we used

I would love to know how the enemy is getting around the immunities ( This can be discussed via pm if you wish )

she has Immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance & all nonmagical attack forms

I understand your reluctance to discuss, but I feel that we might be getting shafted

Avalanche: saves were rolled

Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-12 at 07:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Nokomis has Mantle of second chances 1/day reroll any one roll, and chooses to re-roll 3:(1d20+81)[82] <may not apply due to immunities>

#3: (1d20+81)[87]

EDIT
    @yas392
    I think explaining all of the questions I have below would go along way , as of right now I am forced to make my sheet privet, and I will refuse to take any damge from anything that I believe that would not normally under RAW damage Nokomis

RE OOC post #14, #34

*Commentary
    okay I am forced to presume that the enemy was not built using the same rules we used and is most likly homebrew which is not fair to start with but so be it.

Facts that we know as far as nokomis is concerned
    pre leaving the closed door area she has
    continuous nondetection
    superior invisibility
    sancturay
    Hide (1d20+53)[67] -> Hide in plain sight (EX)
    Move silently (1d20+57)[58]
    Multiple Invulnerabilities

*enemy = Homebrew cheaty mccheaterson
    The enemy has
    an ability similar to darkstalker = but this is unknown ; at best = Something Fishy here
    Trueseeing/Truesight 120 feet as per the rules , but then again we all see to have this

Player True Seeing is Ineffective. The blizzard blocks your vision , but does not effect the enemy at best = Something Fishy here but probably Homebrew cheaty mccheaterson
    Player Mindsight/Tremorsense, You cannot sense anything <Snowfield Strong Conjuration & Illusion Aura> = Something Fishy here
    Player Blindsight/Other Special Senses that is >30 ft range, Make a spot or listen check = Something Fishy here

The enemy can somehow or another see the undetectable & see something that was hidden
    Hide in Plain Sight vs True Seeing: True seeing does not help the viewer see through mundane disguises, spot creatures who are simply hiding
    Yes, Nondetection does block the Trueseeing spell. RE: Jeremy Crawford October 13, 2016
    Mind Blank also grants immunity to divination spells so Nokomis could not be detected

The enemy can somehow or another bypass
    spell resistance = Something Fishy here but there may be something I do not know of
    innate multiple immunities = Something Fishy here but there may be something I do not know of
    get around Supernatural & extraordinary abilities = Something Fishy here but there may be something I do not know of
    get around damage reduction = possible

**Enemy Actions**
    The movements provokes silence. Flurry of hail harmonizes with the whispers of intensified gale. All of a sudden, a dark hooded sceptre with a mask of a skull appears and stabs at A Series of Intricate Flexes before disappearing into thin air. Moments later, a series of events happen; a force attempting to strip the group's magical enhancements, an avalanche collapsing on Nokomis, and magic bombarding the area the party is occupying four times.

*Enemy Moves - presumed to have fly-by attack = Something Fishy here to many actions unless you have something that you did not declair to be used to gain extra actions
    *Enemy Attacks A Series of Intricate Flexes
    *Enemy finishes move action
    *Enemy Casts 1 standard action Spell Bombardment
    *Enemy Casts 1 standard action Spell Area Dispel

Attack: Assassin Touch Attack vs A Series of Intricate Flexes: 1024 damage = Something Fishy here because this was not rolled in ooc or ic

Bombardment
    Area: 15-ft.-radius burst or 30ft diameter

Area Dispel (Works against Powers; Auto-remove summoned creatures including astral constructs in the field) = Homebrew cheaty mccheaterson & Something Fishy here

Dispel Magic & the Greater version
    Area Dispel
    20-foot radius = 40 feet in diameter

Nokomis is damaged by avalanche for (20d6)[69] untyped damage that affects incorporeal and has to make Fort Save (DC 87) to avoid being buried.
    (20d6)[72]
    (20d6)[72]
    (20d6)[68]
    (20d6)[74]

near as I can tell she will have passed all required saves taking 0 damage

*Questionable factors
    Nokomis flew 10ft out from the door and is 40ft up = by RAW should not be detectable to even be cast in the area of for bombardment

Area dispel
    Nokomis flew 10ft out from the door and is 40ft up = is about 30ft from alice and at least 50ft from ASoIF and at least 45ft from Hjalmar
    there is no way by RAW that you can area dispel all of us

I would argue that greater dispel magic could counterspell dispel magic as they are the same just on is a beter version but fine they are not the same name
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-13 at 08:51 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102

AssassinGuy

@ Yas392

if nokomis is affected by Bombarment

Bombardment
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Druid 8,
    Components: V, S, AF,
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
    Area: 15-ft.-radius burst
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex half; see text
    Spell Resistance: Yes

I am presuming that the "Enemy" used the same build rules as we used

I would love to know how the enemy is getting around the immunities ( This can be discussed via pm if you wish )

she has Immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance & all nonmagical attack forms

I understand your reluctance to discuss, but I feel that we might be getting shafted

Avalanche: saves were rolled

No, I built all my enemies as challenging custom monsters.

I asked for re-roll on reflex save (free-reroll no need to expend charge on item) on Avalanche due to mistake. Granted, it is one check not two (which is my bad). She will take half or 0 damage from improved evasion depending on success and failure.

As I stated earlier to Auranghzeb, SR does not applies against the enemy AoE attacks (and revealed to be bombardment which has SR: No that is updated in Spell Compendium superseding other versions).

I will answer what I missed and your other post later today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2023-05-13 at 11:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Could we minimize the rules lawyering before the game dies?

14. - Top - End - #104

AssassinGuy

@samduke Will continue answering via PM due to @Auranghzeb's concern.

@Auranghzeb I agree with this sentiment. Let's move on.

@Auranghzeb @Arael666 @samduke I am waiting for your moves. If your character's actions somehow enable @LairdMoon to act (dealing with assassin's actions), it is also his character's move. If you have any questions on whether what your character can do the possible actions, ask away.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2023-05-14 at 02:29 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@samduke Will continue answering via PM due to @Auranghzeb's concern.
    @samduke I am waiting for your moves.
    Knowledge Checks
    Action: Usually none. In most cases, making a Knowledge check doesn't take an action

(1d20+43)[54] Knowledge (arcana) -> (constructs, dragons, magical beasts)
    (1d20+45)[65] Knowledge (the planes) (outsiders, elementals)
    (1d20+33)[42] Knowledge (religion) -> (undead)
    (1d20+38)[58] Knowledge (nature) -> (animals, fey, giants, monstrous humanoids, plants, vermin)
    (1d20+38)[43] Knowledge (local) -> (humanoids)

Where sanctuary was dropped via area dispel...
    Attempt to locate the enemy
    Spot: (1d20+46)[65]
    Listen: (1d20+44)[53]
    Move action: Dependent on if the enemy location is known

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Alice has acted and can’t act again until her turn in round 2. she has a standard readied action I can use before then, but I’ll hold until Right before her turn

17. - Top - End - #107

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Alice has acted and can’t act again until her turn in round 2. she has a standard readied action I can use before then, but I’ll hold until Right before her turn
    Oh, yeah. Forgot you guys already acted.

From those reflex saves, ALICE is buried. Waiting to see any actions towards that.

@samduke Hjalmar already informed the group where the enemy is which is 50 ft above ground and 50 ft beyond door. You might want to alter your character's actions.

@Arael666 Waiting for your knowledge checks on hooded assassin and reflex save/s for shattermantle.

Spoiler: Arcane (Knowledge Check - Planes) for Nokomis
    Show

Irrelevant due to not continuing the game.

Spoiler: Stuff that is already been known to the party
    Show
    • Enemy is which is 50 ft above ground and 50 ft beyond door.

• Hooded Enemy attacks A Series of Intricate Flexes and disappeared.

EDIT: Looks like there are limitations to Theatre of the Mind regarding the location of the enemy. A reminder to myself to get a real map with coordinates if I am doing a re-run. For now, Hjalmar blindsight can guide Nokomis to the right square if she wishes to move to the enemy.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2023-05-22 at 04:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

okay for my sake when the enemy did its attack from invisible and then finished move back to invisible, I presumed it moved to a different location so if it is in the same location

Nokomis has
    Darkvision 120ft
    Blindsight 60ft
    Scent ability (ex)

*so in theory should know on her own where the enemy is in that instance

I need to know if that listen spot consumed the 2 standard actions like last time ? I am presuming I need those rolls to determine the enemy location after the attack that it did

then I can decide what I want to do properly
    edited
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-14 at 07:26 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

AssassinGuy

okay for my sake when the enemy did its attack from invisible and then finished move back to invisible, I presumed it moved to a different location so if it is in the same location

Nokomis has
    Darkvision 120ft
    Blindsight 60ft
    Scent ability (ex)

*so in theory should know on her own where the enemy is in that instance

I need to know if that listen spot consumed the 2 standard actions like last time ? so I can decide what I want to do properly
    Listen/Spot consumes two move actions as last time if Nokomis retries.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Listen/Spot consumes two move actions as last time if Nokomis retries.
    well it is not an if.. more of is it needed in order to know where the enemy is ????

look up a few posts I made the rolls , but then comment makes it seem it may not have been needed, and if it is not needed that changes things up considerably.

IF it is needed and consumes the 2 standard "move" actions then I will need to be told if my related checks know where the enemy is before I decide what to do.

(Trying to spot something you failed to see previously is a move action)
    (Trying to hear something you failed to hear previously is a move action.)
    I would argue that having seen, and heard previously.. would change the action status.. but meh...

21. - Top - End - #111

AssassinGuy

well it is not an if.. more of is it needed in order to know where the enemy is ????

look up a few posts I made the rolls , but then comment makes it seem it may not have been needed, and if it is not needed that changes things up considerably.

IF it is needed and consumes the 2 standard "move" actions then I will need to be told if my related checks know where the enemy is before I decide what to do.

(Trying to spot something you failed to see previously is a move action)
    (Trying to hear something you failed to hear previously is a move action.)
    I would argue that having seen, and heard previously.. would change the action status.. but meh...
    Oh, I see. Nokomis spot/listen checks are on the hooded assassin.

In that case, they are free checks unless she retries after failing.

EDIT: If Nokomis wants to know the ability, I will need knowledge checks or anything that allows for info-gathering. Scraping this since it is not applicable. She will need to see them before she can use the skill.

EDIT2: Nvm, Nokomis blindsight/darkvision & true seeing (blocked by snow) sense/see nothing from the square that hooded enemy last appeared. Blindsight detected them before they disappear. Since Arcane attacked, blindsight functions normal now as he is out of hiding, no need for Hjalmar's guidance. Scent I need to check.

EDIT3: Scent detects no smell but her allies.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2023-05-15 at 05:47 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ok, so two options according to how you rule it:

Either trigger my readied standard action to teleport with dantalions thought travel and appear 50’ behind the enemy’s position. Or use the readied standard to activate my ring of telekinesis to send the rubble flying. Also, Alice is huge, so not sure how buried is she.
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2023-05-15 at 02:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

AssassinGuy

Test over! Thank you for your participation. Apologies for the abrupt end. I got burnout from the rule arguments prior. I think I will not DM for a while.

24. - Top - End - #114

ClericGuy

Spell Casted: Bombardment from Druid list. Also, the reflex saves are to avoid burial + dense rubble, forgot about that. I screwed up the damage this round. I'm not going back to amend.

Roll for Starmantle: Yes.

AoE Damage extend to ethereal plane & DR: Yes. No, DR does not apply.

Prayer Beads: Order of Casting.

Knowledge checks: Yes.
    rolling just 1d20 on starmantle since I only fail on a 1 (1d20)[12]

rolling knowledge checks (1d20+39)[49]

Another question, wasn't Hjalmar able to identify the dispel effect? I was hoping to counterspell it. If not, my shield spell was dispelled.

25. - Top - End - #115

ClericGuy

Test over! Thank you for your participation. Apologies for the abrupt end. I got burnout from the rule arguments prior. I think I will not DM for a while.
    Oh... well I can see that happening. I didn't say anything before since I didn't think it was my place.

Thanks for the opportunity, it was fun while it lasted. Have a nice week everyone

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

less a rules argument more of a lack of communication