New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Boruto I: Attack On Boruto

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I think it's very interesting that yo can unlock Mangekyo not out of guilt or grief but out of fear for someone else's wellbeing.
    I'm torn because on the one hand, it kinda sucks that Sarada's been chick-a-fied to the degree that she unlocks the special super magic eyes that you only get from killing or losing someone you love love love... by just being really sad. But on the other hand, I honestly think it is kind of sweet that she's kinda... reacting to the realization that Boruto's life is over. It's interesting.

Also; this is the best chapter of Boruto in a long time. It's... dare I say, even GOOD! Mostly! I don't like the wild, out of nowhere nonsense hoops we've jumped through to get here, but I like "Boruto, I don't actually believe you, but my daughter does and I owe it to her" a ****ing lot.

Relatedly! The Uchiha side story is over, and everything that happens in it heals my heart. This is, without a doubt, the single and solitary time Sasuke and Sakura have felt like they're ACTUALLY in love with each other. The conversation at the end, the way that the ring helps Sasuke find her, the sheer romance of it all- the fact that the good guys win and no one dies! It's a good ****ing story that is SUPER incongruous with the entire rest of Boruto, but **** if it doesn't work in this moment.

2. - Top - End - #32

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm torn because on the one hand, it kinda sucks that Sarada's been chick-a-fied to the degree that she unlocks the special super magic eyes that you only get from killing or losing someone you love love love... by just being really sad. But on the other hand, I honestly think it is kind of sweet that she's kinda... reacting to the realization that Boruto's life is over. It's interesting.
    Is it chickification though?

A recurring theme in the series so far is that, while the developments that have come from the peace that Naruto managed to win have led to the current generation being more well-adjusted and able to grow into their potential faster, they're also just... Not in as much danger as often.

Sarada has doubtlessly had a much better life than any other Uchiha before her.

So like... This may well be, from her perspective, a mind-breaking degree of stress on par with the "I am responsible for the death of someone I love" or "the person I love most in the world is gone and they're never coming back" that triggered the mangekyo of previous generations who, having grown up during or preparing for war, were much more jaded to stress and trauma.

Assuming of a curse that it's just stressed that
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Also; this is the best chapter of Boruto in a long time. It's... dare I say, even GOOD! Mostly! I don't like the wild, out of nowhere nonsense hoops we've jumped through to get here, but I like "Boruto, I don't actually believe you, but my daughter does and I owe it to her" a ****ing lot.

Relatedly! The Uchiha side story is over, and everything that happens in it heals my heart. This is, without a doubt, the single and solitary time Sasuke and Sakura have felt like they're ACTUALLY in love with each other. The conversation at the end, the way that the ring helps Sasuke find her, the sheer romance of it all- the fact that the good guys win and no one dies! It's a good ****ing story that is SUPER incongruous with the entire rest of Boruto, but **** if it doesn't work in this moment.
    Oh No, with Naruto and Hinata in an undead living death / trapped in status that means Himawari will be used for story potential and I hope it is good 🤞

Himawari who has lost her parents, yet still has her [biological] brother Kawaki, and who has her [adopted] brother Boruto kill her family. At the same time Himawari remembers the broken vase which was glued back together. Is the broken vase going to be Kawaki’s “swing” metaphor?

(Sidenote at the very late game I am placing a bet Naruto and Hinata are going to be freed but also subjected to the prior Omnipotence as an Edo Tensai like threat one must surpass)

A recurring theme in the series so far is that, while the developments that have come from the peace that Naruto managed to win have led to the current generation being more well-adjusted and able to grow into their potential faster, they're also just... Not in as much danger as often.
    Sidenote I better get some good teamwork and surprises from the latest generation of Chunins in their teams. Let them take on Boruto who easily outclasses all of them for they are inventive and full of surprises, and they have lots of practice with their teammates.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Sarada has doubtlessly had a much better life than any other Uchiha before her.

So like... This may well be, from her perspective, a mind-breaking degree of stress on par with the "I am responsible for the death of someone I love" or "the person I love most in the world is gone and they're never coming back" that triggered the mangekyo of previous generations who, having grown up during or preparing for war, were much more jaded to stress and trauma.
    its also possible that this is a "turns out the Mangekyo Sharingan could always be awakened this way and its just the Uchiha's old toxic culture that made them assume someone HAS to die for them to advance in power" kind of thing.

like, remember, the Sharingan isn't some generic magical power up of awesome. its the previous series metaphor for how loss and suffering can give them traumas that make them deal with the world's horribleness in broken ways. like remember that all the Uchihas that gained it did pretty screwed up stuff. According to the naruto wiki it is canon that the Uchiha not only misunderstood their own power thinking they have to witness a person they love die, they thought you had to be responsible for their death, directly when that isn't true either.

and its be completely in theme for the Narutoverse to go "oh this edgy power up that requires you to kill your loved one to get more powerful? yeah uh, actually you don't need to kill them yourself and neither do they need to die, you just need to feel loss or sadness, and it turns out generations of Uchiha killed each other for power unnecessarily, because we can be better than that and should be better than that"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-04-30 at 06:48 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #35

The final chapter of the Steam Ninja Scrolls is out: the conclusion to the fight with the Jiashin cult and Mirai's mission in general.

Highlights include: Mirai becoming comfortable with people tying her dad's legacy to herself (I'm mixed on this, but accepting herself within the framework people assert on her while still caring about Who She Is is nice) and what may be the gayest thing in Naruto since the time Naruto remembered how his first kiss was with Sasuke and got all blushy about it.

Kakashi and Guy are Married and I'll be accepting no disagreements on this. You don't just say the stuff they said to each other on the basis of "we are friendly rivals". This is a deep friendship and they're absolutely in love.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Kakashi and Guy are Married and I'll be accepting no disagreements on this. You don't just say the stuff they said to each other on the basis of "we are friendly rivals". This is a deep friendship and they're absolutely in love.
    Me talking to the recently married couple as the stranger,

So are you the shy introverted one who only shows part of their face in public? Or are you the loud boisterous one who is in their springtime of their youth? I address this to Kakashi and Guy ...Deku and Dynamite 🧨
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele