Beat defeat
    Do all that we can do
    Halfway to
    Forever
    We've got nothing to lose
    Keep breathing
    Believing
    Halfway to forever

Generations ago, Johnathan Goodwin’s great-grandfather took over the world and reshaped it in his own image as a Signer of the Earthbound Immortals and the Crimson Dragon. Most of the world is irradiated wasteland with the exceptions of Goodwin City and a few scattered and small villages.
    A resident of Goodwin City, Yuma Tsukamo, received a golden key from his missing father. He found a creature within who now speaks to him: an embodiment of Astral World, a land of pure law at war with a chaotic world owned by the Seven Barian Emperors. Their fight has moved to earth, and now Yuma, his friends, and the only haven on earth for so many people have been thrust into the middle of it all.
    This is the Barian Invasion.

Basic Game Play Overview
    (Largely taken from AvatarVecna and altered to fit this game.)

The game is played in turns that consist of six different phases.
    There's a draw phase, during which time player’s powers refresh and I, the narrator, resolve the resolution of the powers at the previous end phase. The Draw Phase is skipped during the first turn.
    In the same post, the Standby Phase will occur. Team ZeXal powers will resolve in the Standby Phase while Barian powers will resolve in the End Phase.
    There is a Main Phase 1, identical to what in other games is called the Day Phase. During this phase, votes are cast on which players shall be Destroyed. Votes are done in red text. You may change your vote if you wish, in which case, you should edit your previous post and strike-through your previous vote. Generally, a Destroyed Player is Removed from the game, and their role shall be revealed.
    In the Battle Phase, the player with the most votes is Destroyed.
    Then, in Main Phase 2, similar to the more common werewolf game’s Night Phase, power usage is declared, and will resolve, generally, in either the Standby Phase or the Endphase.
    Endphase. Barian powers will resolve, and resolutions will appear in the same post as the next day’s Draw Phase, Standby Phase, and start of Main Phase One.

The game ends when either all Barians have been Destroyed, or victory for the Dark Signers becomes inevitable. As per the rules of Yu-Gi-Oh!, adapted into this team game, surrender by consensus within either team is allowed at any time.

Team ZeXal Roles

Yuma forms an inseparable bond with all those he duels, and it is felt strongest with team ZeXal.

ZeXal – Lovers
    When two distant souls become one, the power of ZeXal is revealed.
    Bonded by complete trust in one another, Yuma and Astral work together to save both their worlds from the Barian threat… but if one of them is Destroyed, so is the other.
    Yuma Tsukomo – The Heart: Anyone can be a friend, even the Barians, though it will break your heart to lose a single one you always double down on your bond with those you care about.
    Double or Nothing
    During your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. Starting the next standby phase, that Player becomes one of the Lovers with you and Astral. Like your bond, if any of you are Destroyed, all of you are. This can be active on any number of Players.

Astral – The Mind: You do not trust like Yuma, but when he lets others in you make the best of it and make sure everyone’s on the same page.
    Number 39: Utopia
    During your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Lover. In the next standby phase, that Lover may, if they wish, change their win condition to match yours and Yuma’s. They will make this decision in the Lover chat.

Kite – the Light: Your father, Doctor Faker, made a pact with the Barians that put yourself and your brother at risk and you’ve been paying for it your whole life. This war is personal for you.
    Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon:
    On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. Starting in the next Standby Phase, if you ever vote for that Player, they cannot activate any abilit(ies) on the next Main Phase 2. A maximum of 3 Player(s) can have this effect at once.

Tori – Companion: You’ve always believed in Yuma… well, okay, he used to be a really bad duelist, but with Astral he’s almost okay!
    Fairy Cheer Girl
    On your Main Phase Two: Target 1 Player. Any effects they activate this same Main Phase are boosted.

Bronk Stone – The Load
    Your role in the show seems to be to complain a lot, be rude to people, never be right, and get rescued by Yuma. I’m sure you’ll help out. Eventually.
    Tin Archduke
    On your Main Phase 2: Target one Player. Change that Player’s Battle Position.

Anna Kaboom – The Bomb:
    You like blowing things up, and have a thing for Yuma.
    Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. Starting on your next standby phase, they are on a 3-turn timer. If you do not choose a new target before 3 turns pass, that Player is Destroyed.

Flip – The Evil Friend: You know how every friend group has that one friend who’s just evil? No. Well, he’ll show you the Flip side.
    Baby Tiragon: On your Main Phase 2: State one role from the game list. On the next Main Phase One, whatever your vote is, it will instead count as one for the stated role.

Dextra – The Referee: You were present when Dr. Faker and Quinton were putting Kite through torture to mold him into a weapon. You were the only one who saw that he was a kid. And now you’re the only adult looking out for his safety.
    Photon Papilloperative
    During your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. Starting the next Standby Phase, that Player can EITHER make a vote on their Main Phase One OR use their special ability on their Main Phase 2, not both. This effect can be active on only one Player at a time.

Nistro: The Hothead
    You worked for Johnathan Goodwin until learning of what he was hiring Dr. Faker to do. Now the Barians are here and you have to clean up the pieces.
    Number 54: Lion Heart During your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player.
    Starting in the next Standby Phase, the next time that Player would be Destroyed, their Destruction is delayed by one phase, so they will still be able to vote OR use their special ability one last time. This can be active on only 2 Players at a time.

Kari Tsukomo – The Sister: When your parents disappeared, you became the breadwinner of the family. Now you’re a reporter, but you’ve had to go to pretty tough crowds to stay alive. All you have left of your more criminal days is one card from your ex.
    Number 7: Lucky Straight
    On your main phase 2: You can roll a die. On a 1 or 2, your next vote is counted once. On a 3 or 4, your next vote is counted twice. On a 5 or 6, your next vote is counted 3 times.

Byron – the Redeemed: After you were betrayed by Dr. Faker, you went on a rampage of revenge that swept up both your own children and Dr. Faker’s. You really hurt a lot of people… but now you’re here to stop the Barians.
    Number 69: Heraldry Crest
    On your Main Phase 2: You can Target 1 Player. Starting on the next Standby Phase, your role name and ability are replaced with that Player’s. After you use their ability once, you swap back to Number 69: Heraldry Crest.

Quinton – the Teacher: You taught Kite how to duel… And then you were swept up in your father’s quest for revenge. But that’s all in the past now. The barians are in the present.
    Number 9: Dyson Sphere
    On your Main Phase 2: You can choose to either have the votes against you on the next Main Phase One reduced by one, OR be able to make one additional vote in the next Main Phase 1, but this additional vote must be in orange text and be a different target from your standard vote.
    NOTE: Yes, of course you may fake having this power.

Quattro – the Edgy Teenager: When your father went off the deep end, you followed him right off of it. You hurt people and laughed while doing it. Something dark was awakened in you and you’re still fighting to repress it.
    Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder On your Main Phase 2: Target one Player. Declare one Role Name, and if it matches that Player, in the next Standby Phase, Destroy them.

Trey – The Baby: Your father hurt you, but you never lost sight of your heart. Yuma is a close friend, and you will help him against the Barians.
    Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Destroyed Player. Copy their ability and perform targeting. If copying a Barian ability, choose their "Number" power and resolve it in the Standby Phase.

Kathy Katherine – the… Cat: You are a cat-human hybrid. I don’t know either, it’s never explained.
    Twin Tail Cat Lady: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. During the next Standby Phase, your army of cats tell you who they targeted on that same Main Phase 2.

Barian Roles

It is unknown which of the seven Barian Emperors unleashed the unpredictable and deceitful Barian deity Don Thousand, but it hardly matters now. It is time to conquer earth.

Nash – The Seventh
    Once you believed yourself to be the human Reginald "Shark" Castle, but your Barian memories have been awakened to you. You are the leader of the Seven Barian Emperors, and your world is dying due to constant war with Astral World. Your only hope is to make a new home.
    Number 101: Silent Honor ARK On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. Attach them to yourself as Xyz Material. Player(s) attached as Xyz material may continue playing, but unbeknownst to they lose one vote, and your vote is counted one additional time for each material attached.
    Rank-Up Magic: The Seventh One in the Endphase, if you have been Destroyed this turn and have any Xyz Material attached, detach all materials from yourself and resummon yourself from the graveyard.

Dumon – The Right Hand
    Once you were the leader of the Barian Emperors, but you have handed the reigns back over to Nash.
    Number 102: Star Seraph Sentry
    On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. Randomize that Player’s Target next turn.
    Rank-Up Magic: Chaos Force
    Effects that target you have a 50% chance to hit another random target instead.

Marin – The Empress
    Nash’s sister in a past life, Reginald’s sister Rio in this one, you stand by your people in this world or the next. Sometimes that means you agree with your brother, sometimes…
    Number 103: Ragnazero
    On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player.
    Regardless of that Player’s ability, they will receive the feedback "no result" after the next end phase.
    Rank-Up Magic: Barian’s Force If you are Destroyed in battle, one random person who voted for you is also destroyed.

Vector – The Devil
    Once trusted by Yuma as Ray Shadows, you’ve gotten in his head and learned a lot about him and his friends. You’ve often butted heads with Nash, but the Barians must put forward a united front.
    Number 104: Masquerade
    On the next End Phase, learn their role.
    Rank-Up Magic: Limited Barian’s Force At the start of the duel, learn any role(s) not in play.

Alito – The Lancer
    You’ve always been a loner, and you prefer to handle things on your own to working as a team. Still, what Nash says goes…
    Number 105: Battlin’ Boxer Star Cestus
    On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player and roll a die. On a 6, that Player is Destroyed.
    Rank-Up Magic: Quick Chaos Once per duel, if you would be destroyed you instead lose all of your special abilities.

Girag – The Big Guy
    More a puncher than a thinker, you pretty much do what you’re told. Maybe just by Nash.
    Number 106: Giant Red Hand
    This end phase, cancel out their next special ability.
    Rank-Up Magic: Brute Force You always win ties.

Mizar – The Luminous
    A prideful duelist and master of the Galaxy–Eyes, you’re not in this for the barians but to prove yourself the true wielder of the cards used only by yourself and Kite.
    Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon
    On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Barian Emperor.
    This endphase, that Barian Emperor’s abilities cannot be prevented in any way.
    Rank-Up Magic: Photon’s Force When you are Destroyed, you can attach yourself to Nash as material instead. You are Destroyed if you’re ever detached.

Neutral Roles

Don Thousand – Barian Deity: The long-ago ruler of Barian World who corrupted humans into becoming the Barian Emperors. You’re feeding off the conflict, getting stronger every turn as your puppets fight for you. You are secretly plotting with one of the Barian Emperors.
    Chaos Number 1000: Numerounius Your votes count as 1000, but only when 4 or more people vote for you. When you are destroyed by battle (and ONLY by battle), every Barian (wherever they are) can freely change their alignment . If they join team ZeXal, all players win, and you lose.

Rank-Up Magic: Numeron Force
    Every Main Phase Two, as long as you did not vote this turn, you may retroactively rewrite any one ability using the Numeron Code. Your rewrite lasts either until the next turn, or until somebody notices, whichever comes last.

Player list:
    Illven
    CaoimhinTheCape
    Snowblaze
    JeenLeen
    Lady Serpentine
    BookWombat
    Bladescape
    BatCatHat
    Persolus
    Caedorus
    flat_footed
    Let’sGetKraken
    Allando

Player Role Team
    flat_footed Kite Team ZeXal
    BatCatHat Astral Team ZeXal
    CaoimhinTheCape Nash Barian
    LetsGetKraken Yuma Team ZeXal
    AvatarVecna Anna Kaboom Team ZeXal
    Snowblaze Nistro Team ZeXal
    Illven Kathy Katherine Team ZeXal
    Bladescape Trey Team ZeXal
    Persolus Quattro Team ZeXal
    JeenLeen Vector Barian
    BookWombat Dextra Team ZeXal
    Lady Serpentine Kari Tsukomo Team ZeXal
    Caedorus Byron Team ZeXal
    Allando Marin Barian
    Xihirli Don Thousand Don Thousand

Standby Phase

The Dark version of Astral, Number 96: Dark Mist laughs even as he falls apart, collapsing into his own card.
    "You've bested the darkness within for now, Yuma! Astral! But remember what you gave up to save him, Yuma! Remember that as long as you cling to what now belongs to fate, I will be waiting to reemerge as your collector!" And laughing, he falls into his trading card and is pulled back into Yuma's Extra Deck.

Astral, drained from the duel against his dark mirror, flickers. "Yuma... I must rest..." and he fades into the key around Yuma's neck.
    Yuma falls to one knee, panting.
    What I gave up... I don't even know what it is! The Door demanded "that which means the most to you," but I haven't lost anything since I saved Astral from Kite.

He looks up as the sky grows red. Looking down from the top of one of Mr. Goodwin’s copious warehouses full of dangerous chemicals, seven figures look down at him. This is Yuma’s first time seeing all seven Barian Emperors… including Reginald “Shark” Castle, once his best friend and now his mortal enemy.

At first they are in their human forms… then full barian battle morph. A car, Kari in the driver’s seat, pulls up to him. “Get in, Yuma!”
    “Kari, what…”
    Tori opens up the door into the back of the car and makes room. “Is Astral out?”
    “N-no, but what’s happening?”
    “Get in!”
    Yuma sits down and the car sped away.
    “Whoa, Kari! I haven’t even put on my seatbelt!”
    “We need to give Astral time to recover before the Barians duel you! Don’t worry, we have some people buying you time.”
    “B-but…” Yuma looks outside at the growing redness in the sky, fearing for his friends.

Nash narrows his eyes as the car begins speeding away. “After them, Barians!”
    “I wouldn’t!” A girl with hot pink hair riding on a flying cannon rockets into view. “You’ll have to get past me, first!”
    Nash nods to her. “Girag.”
    The largest of the Barian Emperors snaps out his duel disk and faces Anna.
    “The rest, with… oh, NOW what?”
    Flying in on red barian energy, the shrunken form of Byron and his not-shrunken sons Trey and Quattro came into view, before the seven Barian Emperors.
    “Quattro…” Nash says in hate.
    “Do not lose sight of your quarry,” Dumon reminds the leader of the Barians.
    “I’ll trust you to continue the chase,” Nash says. “Vector, Alito, with me. Mizar, Marin, Dumon: After Yuma.”
    Mizar looks into the sky. “I must go.”
    “What!?”
    “There are greater callings than conquest. Good day.” Mizar vanishes in light. 
“…Marin, make certain that Mizar doesn’t get himself killed. Dumon, I trust you to take down Yuma.”
    “Yes, Sire.”

Kite is in his father’s laboratory. The portal they had used to send Yuma to Astral World is being refitted before him, ready to send him to the location of the secret to the Numeron Code. 
It’s on the moon. 
He fits himself with his suit, reinforced to survive even the most dangerous duels.
    “It’s nearly ready, Kite,” Quinton says. “Be sure to be ready. We have no idea how quickly the Barians will–“
    The yellow-armored Barian, Mizar, is standing before them.
    “I am here to prove that I am the undisputed master of all Galaxy-Eyes.”
    Marin, the blue-armored barian, is close behind.
    “For your petty ego, you would delay our conquest?”
    “It will only be delayed a moment if you handle the spare.”
    Rolling her eyes, Marin extends her duel disk, a blue line forming between herself and Quinton. 
“We are now locked in a duel, and the victor shall claim the soul of the other.”
    “Kite! Run into the device NOW!” Dr. Faker shouts over the loudspeaker.
    Kite leaps into the teleporter and vanishes.
    Mizar follows behind.

Main Phase One
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2023-05-05 at 08:33 AM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal!

Well, even though I'm not on the player list I am in fact in this game (think you have Cultist instead of me in that roster).

Snowblaze, as is traditional. She's had her town game and now she's back to being a wolf!
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Good news everybody, I'm not the alpha. Batcathat is!

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    Well, even though I'm not on the player list I am in fact in this game (think you have Cultist instead of me in that roster).

Snowblaze, as is traditional. She's had her town game and now she's back to being a wolf!
    My streak of town games continues, I'm afraid.

...knowing my luck it'll break right about when my Champs game starts.

Let'sGetKraken, because OMGUS and because I can't be bothered to put actual thought into choosing a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    AV is a non-alpha wolf bussing, then.

(This is a joke.)

(Mostly. Shut up, tinfoil voice.)
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2023-04-26 at 11:29 AM.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Let'sGetKraken, because OMGUS and because I can't be bothered to put actual thought into choosing a vote.
    Ah, see, you've voted for someone who isn't on the list of players, and therefore it doesn't count.

(Yes I intend to milk this for all it's worth until Xihirli fixes it)
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2023-04-24 at 11:43 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Xihirli, who is obviously the deity.
    Last edited by Allando; 2023-04-24 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Allando hmmmm

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hello everyone! I'm Persolus and think that you shouldn't kill me first round!

Since I have a d14, might as well use it:
    Allando​, how's it going?

8. - Top - End - #8

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Allando View Post
    Xihirli, who is obviously the deity.
    This day or another
    I will vote my brother
    for even as
    Allando dies
    all will hear my laughing cries
    Last edited by Caedorus; 2023-04-25 at 04:01 PM.
    Quotes
    I play W/W Mafia! I still claim I was Town all along! Believe me!
    Spoiler: Idea stolen from Snowblaze
    Show

W/W games lynched d1: 3
    W/W games played (excludes spectating) total: 9
    W/W games won: 5
    W/W games lost: 5
    W/W games narrated: 0
    W/W games spectated: 4
    W/W games as wolf: 2
    W/W games as Town: 6
    W/W games as Neutral: 1
    W/W games as Other: 0

9. - Top - End - #9
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Anyone who's late for registration will be disqualified. Mokuba, make sure Bladescape's late.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2023-04-26 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Caedorus View Post
    This day or another
    I will vote my brother
    for even as
    Allando dies
    all will hear my laughing cries
    Oh, my brother,
    Must we bother
    To wait 'till end of day
    To shoo Caedorus away?
    I can rhyme as well, you know.
    Allando hmmmm

11. - Top - End - #11

A three, for CaoimhinTheCape!
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

I had a few changes to make to the powers due to feedback, they are now in and bolded.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, here we go again. Let's start with Illven, for (if I remember correctly) plotting my brutal murder in my last game.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2023-04-25 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Vote begone!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Incidentally this is probably my subtlest claim ever.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally this is probably my subtlest claim ever.
    I must admit you're making me curious about what the claim is (but claiming anything this early seems weird, so no pressure). While I'm not the alpha or any other flavour of wolf (but of course I would say that), falsely accusing me seems a little short-sighted as a wolf play. I also don't think you'd reveal your information this early if you honestly thought I was a wolf, so I'm not sure what that leaves.

You actually claiming something completely different that's too subtle for me to pick up on? Yeah, that seems like the most likely option.

16. - Top - End - #16

OldWizardGuy

I must admit you're making me curious about what the claim is (but claiming anything this early seems weird, so no pressure). While I'm not the alpha or any other flavour of wolf (but of course I would say that), falsely accusing me seems a little short-sighted as a wolf play. I also don't think you'd reveal your information this early if you honestly thought I was a wolf, so I'm not sure what that leaves.

You actually claiming something completely different that's too subtle for me to pick up on? Yeah, that seems like the most likely option.
    The Fool Too short
    Quotes
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Find the triple.

- - - Updated - - -

The Fool Too short

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18

OldWizardGuy

Find the triple.

- - - Updated - - -

Nooo, paranoia, I know she didn't say she wasn't any wolf, not just not the alpha, shut up, she isn't the third role from the top (probs), and the fact that it's post three is probably not the point
    Quotes
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Colossus in the Playground

My name is Heather Harrington and my sacred luck magic calls Caedorus to the stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Lots of votes, but none for AvatarVecna yet. That seems unusual enough that I'd guess some folk have extra reason not to vote her.
    Stating she made a subtle claim, thus giving folk a disincentive to vote for her... good wolf move for someone who usually draws heat just by existing. I gamble she didn't actually hint a claim, but is just saying she did.

If anyone has picked up on her clue and wants me to move my vote, speak up and I'll move it.
    To be clear, I mean "speak up" in that you found her claim and believe it (or at least have no strong reason to disbelieve it). Not speak up by saying what her claim actually is.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2023-04-25 at 08:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Lots of votes, but none for AvatarVecna yet. That seems unusual enough that I'd guess some folk have extra reason not to vote her.
    Stating she made a subtle claim, thus giving folk a disincentive to vote for her... good wolf move for someone who usually draws heat just by existing. I gamble she didn't actually hint a claim, but is just saying she did.

If anyone has picked up on her clue and wants me to move my vote, speak up and I'll move it.
    To be clear, I mean "speak up" in that you found her claim and believe it (or at least have no strong reason to disbelieve it). Not speak up by saying what her claim actually is.
    The point of the claim's subtlety isn't to let people pick up on it now, it's so that I can point to it later as something very concrete that I've been setting up since literally my first post, without people really being able to do more than blindly guess until I tell them the trick. You don't have anything to worry about.

This post is also a hint.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post

I haven't spotted the claim, but also I haven't particularly been looking for it.

I don't think it's wolfy, though.

If they're not hinting and just saying they did... D3/4/5, AV is alive and we have no reason to clear them, "So, AV, what have you been hinting at?" awkward silence "Okay, AV is a lying wolf, let's kill them".

So the hint is real regardless of their alignment. There are worlds where they're a wolf seeding a fakeclaim early, yes, but I don't see a particular reason to think we're living in them beyond "it's AV" which is not a valid reason.

Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #23

I haven't spotted the claim, but also I haven't particularly been looking for it.

I don't think it's wolfy, though.

If they're not hinting and just saying they did... D3/4/5, AV is alive and we have no reason to clear them, "So, AV, what have you been hinting at?" awkward silence "Okay, AV is a lying wolf, let's kill them".

So the hint is real regardless of their alignment. There are worlds where they're a wolf seeding a fakeclaim early, yes, but I don't see a particular reason to think we're living in them beyond "it's AV" which is not a valid reason.
    I do generally agree with this, but the advantage of "hinting" like this is you get to see a number of flips and can better avoid a counterclaim while still getting towncred for nothing.

I'm not saying to vote AV but it is still a solid move from wolves, especially when it is this vague. I think it is firmly NAI and very AV in general.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2023-04-24 at 04:07 PM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

24. - Top - End - #24

OldWizardGuy

The point of the claim's subtlety isn't to let people pick up on it now, it's so that I can point to it later as something very concrete that I've been setting up since literally my first post, without people really being able to do more than blindly guess until I tell them the trick. You don't have anything to worry about.

This post is also a hint.
    Can't really complain, I've dropped a quite solid hint myself
    Let the WIFOM begin
    Quotes
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    I do generally agree with this, but the advantage of "hinting" like this is you get to see a number of flips and can better avoid a counterclaim while still getting towncred for nothing.

I'm not saying to vote AV but it is still a solid move from wolves, especially when it is this vague. I think it is firmly NAI and very AV in general.
    I thought BCH was supposed to be the hedgy one?

Though also what I said earlier relies on wolf!AV picking a particular fakeclaim immediately since they're softing it now apparently.

Also if wolves have Vector they already know which roles aren't in play. (Look, I actually read the setup! Or, well, half-remembered that existing and went back to check it.)

- - - Updated - - -

Can't really complain, I've dropped a quite solid hint myself
    Let the WIFOM begin
    Doesn't pointing out that you're softing something... kind of defeats the object of softing something?

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Just kidding

This is a soft.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Just kidding

This is a soft.
    Hey, I think bladescape is softing "cryptic bastard", everyone!

I hardclaim not a cryptic bastard, and softclaim "should be working or sleeping rn".

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

I hardclaim not a cryptic bastard, and softclaim "should be working or sleeping rn".
    I claim hedgy paranoiac. Or maybe I don't?

29. - Top - End - #29

OldWizardGuy

"softclaim"?

- - - Updated - - -

Why does the Re: keep turning into "just kidding"?
    Quotes
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Colossus in the Playground

I think I have an idea as to the claim.

That is all I'll say for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.