Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Dead of Winter Mafia 2

Spoiler: Info from Recruitment Thread
    Show

Join the Discord here: https://discord.gg/8mxZnQaQJc

February 21st

This community got us through the winter, but there's nothing left here. The supplies are nearly gone, the fortifications are barely holding, and that's to say nothing of the people. It's time to leave it all behind.

And the group of us... well, it's become an "us" and a "them" thing. I didn't want it to come to this, honestly. But we have to think of our survival, the survival of this group. Well, the survival of those of us who are pulling our weight. Our group is the one that takes on the risky jobs. Going out there to scavenge from the scraps of the old world. Zombies trying to tear our flesh and make us one of them.

The others... they just stay behind at "the Village" and waste their time. Everything we do doesn't need to be up for debate, for us to hold votes to get anything done. We don't need people who take forever to make a decision. We need action, now.

When it comes time to leave, we'll make sure our core group gets out safe. We're on the same page, we understand each other. But for the others... I couldn't care less. We might as well leave behind the dead weight. We managed to do that on a run just the other day. Brought out a couple of the schmucks who don't contribute on a run and... well, they fell behind.

But it seems like this is going to become one of those things. The group suspects that there was foul play involved. They want to investigate and see who was responsible. So, of course, they want us to hold votes. See, this is why they're different than us. They stall and hide their decisions behind "group votes". We don't. We take matters into our own hands and do what needs to be done.

And that's what we're gonna do.

CaoimhinTheCape (Village) and Alexis Grey (Librarian) (NPC) died

Welcome everyone! This is Mafia, a game of social deduction where you are assigned to either the Village or the Werewolves. As Village, there are more of you but you are unorganized - discuss to try and route out the killers in your midst. As Werewolves, there are only a few of you but you can talk to one another and plan your kills so that your group can eventually outnumber the Villagers.

Recruitment ends May 14.

Basic Overview

The game will be played in two phases.

First is the Discussion Phase (Day Phase) which lasts about 48 hours. During this time, everyone will discuss in the main thread who they think is Mafia. Villagers may only discuss in the main thread, while Wolves are allowed to speak in thread or their private discord server. Whoever has the most votes will be removed from the game and their alignment revealed. You can vote for someone by putting their name in red text. If you would like to change your vote, you should write your new vote in red and go back to your previous post to strike through your old vote. I will count each player's most recent vote when determining who will be lynched. When someone is lynched, you will be told their name and role, but not the number of votes cast against anyone.

In the case of a tie, whoever has been at the number of votes to lynch longer. So if Player A has 2 votes and then Player B receives 2 votes, Player A would be lynched. Continuing the example, if someone unvoted Player A instead (making it 1v2) and then someone votes Player A again (2v2), Player B would be lynched instead (due to the unvote).

There is one more piece to the Discussion Phase, specific to this game. Privately, you should tell me which location you would like to visit during the second phase, described below. You may change your mind up until the end of the Day Phase.

Second is the Scavenge Phase (Night Phase) which lasts about 24 hours. During this phase, the Werewolves may choose who they would like to kill. In a regular game, any Villagers with abilities would be able to submit their actions now. This game of Mafia will be different in that rather than individual people having powers, there are locations you can go to and collectively use a power. Each location will get a private thread for discussion and ultimately vote on how to use the power. For example, everyone at the hospital can discuss who they believe are Wolves, who they can trust, etc. and during this time vote on who they should use the Hospital's protection power on. Villagers may only speak in the Location that they selected, while Wolves may speak in their private discord server and their Location.

After the Scavenge Phase is over, all of the actions will resolve. I will give results to each location as applicable and the game moves back to the main thread where I reveal who died and the game picks up in a new Discussion Phase.

The game ends when all the Werewolves have been eliminated or there is no way to prevent the Werewolves from outnumbering the Village.

Werewolf Sabotage
    Each Wolf has an additional power to, once per game, sabotage a location they are at. This prevents the location from functioning, preventing the action from taking place. A Wolf at the Gas Station can instead choose to block the location their group visits.

Secret Objectives
    At game start, everyone (town and wolf) will be given a secret objective. If you are alive at the end of the game and your faction wins, you must also have completed your secret objective.

Some examples (which will not necessarily be in the game) include:
    Explorer: Visit 3 different Night locations.
    I Work Alone: Be the only person at a Night location.
    My Vote Matters: End the Day with your vote on the person who gets lynched 3 times.
    All For One: Be targeted by 3 different locations.

Location Overview/Notes

The following are the locations you can travel to during the Scavenge Phase. Each one has a unique power that activates at the end of the Night and allows you group communication with anyone there. You always know the players who have made the same location selection as you.

During the day, send me a list of your preferred locations to go to in the Night phase. There are limits to how many players can go to each location (noted below).

When I assign people to locations I'll try to accommodate everyone's first choice and continuing down each player's list until everyone has been assigned a location. If you do not send me any locations during the Discussion Phase or if all of your choices are full, you will default to choosing the Colony.

Spoiler: Example
    Show
    If 2 people want to go to the hospital as their first choice and there's room for 3, both get in. If 5 people want to go to the library and there's room for 3, I randomly roll to see which 3 get in. I check the second choice of the people who didn't get in their first choice (both picked hospital) and now there's only room for 1 so it's random again for 1 to get in and the other to get their 3rd choice.

The Colony (no player limit) - You spend time helping the survivors at the colony. While you are here, choose an NPC survivor from the list. During the next Discussion Phase this NPC will support you, doubling the power of your vote as long as they are alive during that phase. The other players will not know that your vote counts as double. If more players choose to stay at the Colony than there are NPCs, the player here must all agree on how to pair up the remaining NPCs, leaving at least one person without the extra vote.

There are a few ways for how NPCs can die. First, if a player staying at the Colony is killed, whatever NPC they paired with will die as well. Second, the Mafia can kill an NPC every night. An NPC will NOT die if the player they are paired with gets lynched.

School (1 player limit) - You spend time searching the school for information. While you are here, vote for a player to investigate. At the end of the Scavenge Phase, you will be told if the player is Village or Werewolf.

Library (X player limit) - You spend time researching at the library. While you are here, vote on a player to investigate. Everyone here will be told what that player's Secret Objective is.

Hospital (X player limit) - You spend time searching the hospital for medical supplies. While you are here, vote for a player to protect. If that player is targeted by a kill during this Scavenge Phase they do not die. On a tie, the host will randomly roll to decide which target is selected.

Police Station (X player limit) - You spend time searching the police station for radios. Vote for a group of players to receive radios, allowing them to privately communicate with each other during Night and Day phases, even if they are not at the same location. This group may include a number of people from 2 to the number of players here.

Gas Station (X player limit) - You spend time searching the gas station for fuel. While you are here, vote on location to watch (from the Colony, Police Station, School, Hospital, Library, or Grocery Store). When you watch a location, none of the Wolves there may perform a sabotage. However, any Wolves in this Gas Station group may sabotage your targeted location.

Grocery Store (X player limit) - You spend time searching the grocery store for supplies. At the beginning of the Scavenge Phase the host will roll randomly to determine what you find here and what you will be voting on (if anything). At the end of the Scavenge Phase, everyone here will receive feedback as appropriate. On a tie, the host will randomly roll to decide which target is selected.

The general group will not be informed of what option was given to anyone here. The options are:

1/16 - you find nothing
    2/16 - you find a gun and may choose a player to shoot
    2/16 - you find personal records and may choose a player to investigate their alignment
    2/16 - you find medical supplies and may choose a player to protect
    2/16 - you find fuel and may choose a location to watch/protect from sabotage
    2/16 - you find books and may choose a player to investigate their secret objective
    2/16 - you find walkie talkies and can create a permanent group chat between a number of players equal to the players here.
    2/16 - you find NPC survivors equal to the number of players here. You may choose an NPC to help, who votes with you the next Discussion Phase. They will then join the Colony
    1/16 - you find exactly what you're looking for! select one of the other options for this location.

It should be noted that the options won't repeat. So, for example, if the roll for Night 1 says that you find medical supplies, the odds for the next Scavenge Phase change to 2/15 for almost everything and 1/15 for nothing, player's choice, and medical supplies. In another example, if you randomly roll "you find nothing" that means the chances of it coming up again is 0.

Other Rules/stuff:

Inactivity: If a player fails to post publicly over 2 full phases (a full phase being both Day and Night), they are considered inactive. Ideally, they would be replaced by a new player but if I cannot find a replacement in time they will be auto-lynched (removed from the game as if they had been killed). If you will be unable to get online to post in your games for some period of time, you should notify the narrator(s) in advance, either in-thread or via PM.

Discord: We will be using Discord for private communication. You'll need a free account, after which I can invite you to the game's server(s). We will be using the night phase Discord from last game, with a link at the top of this post. Please join their when you can. I'll be moving things around, cleaning it up, and hiding the stuff from last game since it won't be relevant. Werewolves will get a separate Discord server.

Flavor Text: While I'm not going to post anything too gory, this game is inspired by the Zombie/horror genre. Some of the narration may imply deaths that fit into the genre. If that's a problem for you but you still want to play, send me a message and I can make sure I stay away from anything past "so and so died". I'd much rather do simple narration than lose a potential player.

Dead of Winter board game: This mafia setup is based on a board game called Dead of Winter. Knowledge of the board game isn't necessary to play - it is just the structure that I interpreted into a mafia setup as well as some additional shoutouts to the game.

So, if you're interested in playing, just post in this thread to indicate that. The more players this setup has, the more interesting the Night locations will be, so all signups are welcome!

If you have questions about Mafia in general or the specific rules of this game, feel free to ask! I've probably forgotten some part of the rules so if I seem to have missed something, let me know.

Alright everyone. I know that the recent deaths have put us all on edge. But we've survived so much up till now, we can't panic when something goes wrong.

I've heard rumors that some of you aren't happy with all of the decisions being made here. I'm sorry, but we're all that we've got, now that the world is what it is. We're going to sit down, have a rational discussion and as a group come to a conclusion about what's going on here.

If we can't live together, we're going to die alone. So. Let's start the discussion.

Gabriel Diaz (Fireman)

Important Information!

The Split is 10 Town, 3 Wolves, 1 Neutral

Werewolf Sabotage is in this game. As a reminder, each maf and 1/game roleblock a location they are at or the location they visit, if they are at the Gas Station.

Secret Objectives everyone gets one. If alive when the game is decided, you must have also completed your secret objective in order to win. Dead people don't have to worry about mortal affairs secret objectives.

Location Limits are as follows. The School can only have one person visit it each Night. The Colony can have an unlimited number of visitors each Night. All other locations can have a maximum of 3 visitors each Night. During the Day, make sure to send me a preferred order of where you would like to visit at Night. If I don't get anything, you default to the Colony.

Secret Thing?!? There is something in this game that may permanently affect Night locations. You're not getting any more public info than this but this isn't a bastard game so you deserve to know that something is there.

Game begins as soon as you see this thread live! Day 1 will last at least 48 hours (I'll specify end time when I see this up/when I'm awake)

Player List

1. Let'sGetKracken
    2. AvatarVecna
    3. bladescape
    4. Snowblaze
    5. JeenLeen
    6. Persolus
    7. Illven
    8. Rogue Alchemist
    9. Book Wombat
    10. Xihirli
    11. Caedorus
    12. Rogan
    13. Lady Serpentine
    14. Batcathat

NPCs
    It doesn't matter who you pick, all NPCs are worth an extra vote. The names and occupations come from the board game this was inspired by.
    1. Andrew Evans (Farmer)
    2. Gray Beard (Pirate)
    3. Annaleigh Chan (Lawyer)
    4. John Price (Student)
    5. Edward White (Chemist)
    6. Carla Thompson (Police Dispatcher)
    7. Harman Brooks (Park Ranger)
    8. Janet Taylor (Nurse)
    9. Olivia Brown (Doctor)
    10. Gabriel Diaz (Firefighter)
    11. Rod Miller (Truck Driver)
    12. Sparky (Stunt Dog)
    13. Maria Lopez (Teacher)
    14. Loretta Clay (Cook)
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2023-05-16 at 11:46 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2

ClericGuy

Default Re: Deod of Winter Mafia 2

Hello everybody!

Let's start with a vote for bladescape, (I don't think he died recently, so why not?)

I am opposed to a day 1 wagon on Caedorus, Snow and AV.

Also, general question:

Do we prefer order or chaos?
    Last edited by Rogan; 2023-05-18 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Vote removal
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

The die says who should die, JeenLeen.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2023-05-18 at 02:16 PM.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    The die says who should die, JeenLeen.
    Aw, I was gonna vote Jeen for being such a sneaky wolf last game.

It seems a little early to start a wagon, so I suppose Book Wombat for stealing my idea will do.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2023-05-18 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Vote begone!

5. - Top - End - #5

Bladescape

Obvious wolf come on guys.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I wanna say chaos to be one of the cool kids, but I think deep down I'm on the side of obsessive order. Why do you ask?

7. - Top - End - #7

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I wanna say chaos to be one of the cool kids, but I think deep down I'm on the side of obsessive order. Why do you ask?
    Cause I see two basic options:
    We agree to a plan for the night during day (which should include sending someone relatively trusted to scry, while a group goes to the hospital to protect the designated seer) OR
    Many of us send in the school as our first pick. This way, it will be random and the wolves will have a slightly harder time to aim their kill.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

We agree to a plan for the night during day (which should include sending someone relatively trusted to scry, while a group goes to the hospital to protect the designated seer) OR
    Many of us send in the school as our first pick. This way, it will be random and the wolves will have a slightly harder time to aim their kill.
    Hmm. Hard to say. Planning our moves worked out pretty well last DoW (while the result was argubly a bit anti-climatic, it was certainly a success for town) but doing it D1 might be tricky, since we have nothing but gut reads to go on.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

The pretty brunette stood up.

Order. order. I call this meeting to order. I'm sure you're expecting tales of sacred divinations, or rng.

But. I saw Caedorus being mean to turtles, and only a wolf could be so cruel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Hello everybody!

Let's start with a vote for bladescape, (I don't think he died recently, so why not?)

I am opposed to a day 1 wagon on Caedorus, Snow and AV.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Bladescape

Obvious wolf come on guys.
    blade doesn't usually self-vote, right?
    From the little I read on the Discord, he (and Kraken?) and sick and possibly impaired by medication.

Something about this feels off, but I'm not sure on whom.
    That I want to vote blade makes me feel like blade wants me to want to vote blade, so I feel like I shouldn't vote blade. But also feel like blade wants me to feel like I shouldn't vote blade. But if that's what blade wants, then I should vote blade?

Conclusion: that was a fun sentence to try (and maybe fail) to write correctly.
    bladescape

Did anyone pay enough attention to the Discord to know if Rogan should know blade is maybe sick?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan, earlier quote
    Also, general question:

Random question, secret win con question, or something related to how much we should try to coordinate night activity?

I've had some ideas on trying to coordinate night activity to try to solve the game and catch wolves who don't play ball, but honestly real life has been too busy for me to think through the scenarios and even devise a plan. Much less see if a plan could work.
    Also the School... a lot of WIFOM about that...

Unless someone thinks up a solid plan, I'm against Order in the sense of trying to coordinate night actions. Maybe I'd rethink it when there's fewer players (especially if we've killed a couple wolves by then) and it's easier to tell who isn't playing ball, but as is I think any results would be confused by townies not going along for good reasons, the neutral maybe doing his own thing, and obviously the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    The Split is 10 Town, 3 Wolves, 1 Neutral

Secret Thing?!? There is something in this game that may permanently affect Night locations. You're not getting any more public info than this but this isn't a bastard game so you deserve to know that something is there.
    Neutral linked to Secret Thing?
    Town and wolves are all basically vanillagers with the ability to gain powers via visiting locations (right? did I misread the rules?)

Seems too bastardy to give a location-modifying thing to the wolves, and odd for town (breaks the 'vanillager finding powers' vibe), so neutral.

Ninja'd when writing this, but saw it before hitting Submit Reply, so
    Hmm... I wasn't in the first game so I don't know how that went, but I could see a lot trying the School.
    The big downside I saw to trying to coordinate is it helps the wolves kill the "seer"/School dude, as Rogan noted, but this idea could work.

I have a budding "catch a wolf in a lie" idea, but I think it wouldn't work based on how visiting Location works. Need to reread and rethink through some stuff. It's also something best to discuss D2 anyhow.

Hmm. Hard to say. Planning our moves worked out pretty well last DoW (while the result was argubly a bit anti-climatic, it was certainly a success for town) but doing it D1 might be tricky, since we have nothing but gut reads to go on.
    I still generally agree that it'd be too hard / results too obfuscated N1, as I stated earlier.
    Unsure if this is an honest BCH opinion or wolf!BCH trying to dissuade from a not-fun, easy-town-victory scenario.

Also wondering a bit if all of this is wolf!Rogan trying to set up town for a failed plan giving wolves lots of intel, but if it worked well for town last game, that's probably not the case.

11. - Top - End - #11

ClericGuy

Sure. But some things changed. Including the secret objectives, which might tempt town to go against a detailed plan. Or wolves, who can sabotage.

So some chaos might be helpful.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

The actual answer:

Bladescape is.

That is all.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Something about this feels off, but I'm not sure on whom.
    That I want to vote blade makes me feel like blade wants me to want to vote blade, so I feel like I shouldn't vote blade. But also feel like blade wants me to feel like I shouldn't vote blade. But if that's what blade wants, then I should vote blade?
    I had a similar thought. Not sure whether this means I should feel validated about suspecting blade or if it means I should start suspecting you, since agreeing with you was my main reason for townreading you last game, which didn't turn out super well.

Also wondering a bit if all of this is wolf!Rogan trying to set up town for a failed plan giving wolves lots of intel, but if it worked well for town last game, that's probably not the case.
    Last game we were able to get double scries every night, which led to the wolves surrendering since they were basically mechanically screwed (I might be misremembering the details, but something along those lines) so we won't be able to do exactly that in any case.

- - - Updated - - -

The actual answer:

Bladescape is.

That is all.
    Blade quoting Darkseid?

That doesn't seem ominous at all...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

At CPRC training for work today and then busy in the evening, likely nothing from me until about 36 hours from now. Though we'll see.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

15. - Top - End - #15

ClericGuy

Did anyone pay enough attention to the Discord to know if Rogan should know blade is maybe sick?

Random question, secret win con question, or something related to how much we should try to coordinate night activity?
    I probably did read it, but didn't remember. But rest assured, I would not try to take advantage of such a thing.

And I guess I won't tell too much when I admit, the answer to my question could influence my secret win condition. But it's nothing I worry about. It will only be relevant when I'm still alive at the end of game and I think I could achieve it naturally by then.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Colossus in the Playground

Possible thought. Anyone think that bladescape's win condition may be difficult or near impossible to fulfill so they are choosing the sweet release of death to ease their pain.

If so. Help us find wolves blade and we'll kill you after 2 wolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I probably did read it, but didn't remember. But rest assured, I would not try to take advantage of such a thing.
    At the worst, I felt it might be a wolf!Rogan / wolf!blade distancing, since of course it'd be a jerk move to lynch blade when he's off his game D1 and a wolfpair would know it (at least likely) won't happen.

Which... well, didn't come to mind as a 'taking advantage of it' since it's not taking advantage of bladescape, but I realize now would be taking advantage of it in a different way, so still not a great move (even if not something I'd categorize as a jerk move.)

Anyway, in the end, no heat on Rogan for his D1 probably-random vote.

And I guess I won't tell too much when I admit, the answer to my question could influence my secret win condition. But it's nothing I worry about. It will only be relevant when I'm still alive at the end of game and I think I could achieve it naturally by then.
    I assume the town secret wins aren't anti-town and the wolf secret wins aren't anti-wolf, so that jives.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

To that, I say... CaoimhinTheCape
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2023-05-16 at 11:51 AM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Possible thought. Anyone think that bladescape's win condition may be difficult or near impossible to fulfill so they are choosing the sweet release of death to ease their pain.
    This kinda goes against what I said myself, but I think we probably shouldn't read too much into blade's actions, since it's most likely just blade being blade so NAI. (Though if blade wanted to get killed, I'm sure he'd do it in the most cryptic way possible, so that tracks. )

20. - Top - End - #20

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post

If so. Help us find wolves blade and we'll kill you after 2 wolves.
    I personally doubt Blades would choose death at this time. While he might think about death as an option to increase his chances of victory, I don't believe he would have this as his first choice.

Oh, two questions for our narrator (thanks for hosting, by the way):
    Will the secret conditions be revealed after death?
    Is claiming the secret win condition allowed (since openly coordinating could make some of the examples much easier)?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Okay, cool, I don't actually have to deal with middle-of-night EODs.

Uh... vote. Who shall I vote? Let's go with Xihirli for being herself.

Also I'm not going to weigh in on any mechanical discussion. If there's a plan then please make it clear what it is and I will go along with it.

Also also general request to make a decent part of the day about actually hunting wolves rather than mechanics. I'd do it myself, but... low-effort.

Also also also I have no reads since I don't feel like going down the WIFOM spiral that is bladescape (wait, is that what he wants me to think?)
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #22

Man causes confusion with one small self-vote.

Analysts hate him!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

I'd say the task before us is twofold:
    One, root out all the mafia.
    Two, don't allow the mafia to kill us all.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hello everyone! I'm Persolus and think that you shouldn't kill me first round!

So I cracked out my d14 again and lo and behold, it's Rogue Alchemist! How're you doing this fine day in this zombie-infested hellscape?

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm Persolus and think that you shouldn't kill me first round!

So I cracked out my d14 again and lo and behold, it's Rogue Alchemist! How're you doing this fine day in this zombie-infested hellscape?
    I'd like your honest opinion on my self vote percy darling

- - - Updated - - -

Blade quoting Darkseid?

That doesn't seem ominous at all...
    Savour your moment of triumph, BatCatHat. But remember, victory has a price.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Dead of Winter Mafia 2

I'd like your honest opinion on my self vote percy darling
    Well since you asked so charmingly...

Were it not for the fact that it was a vote on yourself, this whole thing would be completely normal - you made a vote that may or may not be random, but you refuse to elaborate and are being excessively enigmatic about it.

There is a non-zero chance you made a genuinely random vote and therefore you're just being enigmatic as usual to screw with us.
    Last edited by Persolus; 2023-05-16 at 10:59 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

What about how people have reacted to it?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm leaning wolfy on blade.

This does draw info (from how folk respond), but gives odd gut feel to me.
    Trying to look at it more rationally, I could see wolf!blade doing this since
    1) he can easily move the vote off himself near Day's end (low risk to self)
    2) a self-vote gives essentially nothing to analyze from D1 (as opposed to a distancing vote on a scumbuddy or voting a real townie)
    3) generates WIFOM and paranoia as town point fingers at other town about how they act in response to blade's post. That is, if blade is wolf, the info it generates is basically null as the wolves are faking it (if responding at all) and the town responses are ignorant of blade

Though I can also definitely see a town!blade doing this for the same reason #1, and the usual "poke to see who responds and what that might reveal later on".
    But since I have no negative (or really positive) reads on anyone else besides Xi (see below), this odd gut feel is enough for vote to stay on blade.

That said, the pressure on Persolus to say more feels towny. Or scumbuddy-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    To that, I say... CaoimhinTheCape
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I'd say the task before us is twofold:
    One, root out all the mafia.
    Two, don't allow the mafia to kill us all.
    Slight wolfread on this, but not a strong one since it could just be Xi's usual playstyle.
    Since Cao admitted the role split and the "something special" to avoid bastardy-ness, I can't imagine Cao being a vote-able target. So Xi's vote is a non-informative post, which doesn't help analysis.

I get it's early D1 and so all our posts mean little, but this post means even less than a random D1 vote.

29. - Top - End - #29

Right, Day End...

Unless there's any objection, I'd like to end Day 1
    Thursday, May 18 10:00 PM EST

That's about 57 hours from this post

I know it's a long time to have a Day 1, but that's the best update time for me to consistently be online. If anyone has strong objections to that, let me know. Otherwise, you'll just be able to take your time toDay.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

If there's no meaning in it, that saves us a great deal of trouble, as we needn't try to find any.

Bladescape self-voting is whatever, Bladescape quizzing people on it is trying to make it the most important thing, which rubs me wrong.
    There. Happy, Jeen? I said something!
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2023-05-17 at 06:05 AM.
    Show