New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: OOTS #1279 - The Discussion Thread

"Where is Girard's gate?"
    "Between Girard's butt cheeks."

I often wonder if two nearby hills were named 'Girard's Buttcheeks' by Girard specifically so this would be a true, misleading, and very annoying answer to divination attempts.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post

I often wonder if two nearby hills were named 'Girard's Buttcheeks' by Girard specifically so this would be a true, misleading, and very annoying answer to divination attempts.
    The center of the gate is also directly between the butt cheeks of his statue in XY coordinates - it's just a good ways downward on the Z axis.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-05-03 at 01:40 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Why? It was already answered as "in the desert".
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSquirrel View Post
    It was given as a reason not to just have the gate completely sealed away in a room with no entrances or exits (ie, why Serini even has a portal that leads to it).
    When I put a gadget I've built into a sealed container, I prefer to do it in such a way that it can be opened up again with the proper tools. I have enough experience with things that "can't go wrong" that I assume that I may still need to go in there for some reason which I haven't figured out in advance. In the case of the gates, one reason to try to permit access by the "right people" is to permit the gate's destruction if that seems to be preferable to its being taken by the "wrong people". That made sense for any of the gates so long as (most of) the rest of them were intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Why? It was already answered as "in the desert".
    There's no particular reason not to add as much confusion as possible, to counter more advanced forms of divination. Especially if it adds to the butt humour in the world, or so some people would have it.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    In actual fact, Dorukan's was specifically called out as being the largest. Not that it matters much now; Elan made sure there remained precious few possible eyewitnesses to its growth when he tore it wide open.
    We've also seen Dorukan's gate, it's about 4 times the size of Xykon and Redcloak. Lirian's was only about the same size as them (seen in SoD). We didn't see Girard's gate in full but the rift afterwards is about 3 times the size of everyone.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Keep in mind the exact phrasing was "Where is Girard's rift?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Then there's the Draketooth gate that last seen looks out over what appears to be a body of water and its located on their side in the middle of a desert.

However I was wondering that world we saw is their own and the reveal is that the Snarl is locked up inside their world and breaking that last gate merely returns the populace to their true world thats been altered to imprison the Snarl with those portals looking out over their world rather than an entirely different world dated from a previous era?
    That feels overly complex. We have been told from a number of sources that the planet itself is the prison, but it's more like a dimensional lock, trapping the snarl. It's not hanging out on an island in the stickworld, just chilling.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Keep in mind the exact phrasing was "Where is Girard's rift?"
    Been reading since 2010 and them trying to interrogate the mummy was already a fave panel and I never quite got the butt joke before now hah
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionReplay View Post
    Why does D&D have no Gollum? Why it does. You just can't see him. He is wearing his precious at the moment.
    There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Why is he like this? It's funny. :)
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...6#post15476516

I know I'm stealing this from someone else. But it's SO FUNNY

Zweisteine quoting Razanir:

"I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!"

Bagnold could be one sixty-fourth halfling.