New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Prediction Page, (bring your quatloos, gps, and internets, you'll need them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendelkin View Post
    Prediction: Xykon's tomb/fortress on the Astral plane will be completely annihilated. When he realizes this has not harmed him at all, the lich will realize Redcloak pulled a fast one on him with the phylactery. It is then that their alliance will end and they finally come to blows - and the Monster in the Dark will be compelled to devour Redcloak.
    My prediction is that the astral fortress will only be mentioned or relevant to the story if/when Xykon is killed/destroyed/whatever, and then *doesn't* go there. I fully expect some sort of dramatic villain gloat by Xykon about how he'll return even if killed, possibly with the Order panicing and wondering about where his fotress is and how to get there, only for Redcloak to be like "No problem. I've got it right here. You think that sword of yours will do the trick?"

Onliy thing better for Roy than defeating Xykon? Immediately following that up with destroying his philactery as well. Blood Oath completed!

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Prediction Page, (bring your quatloos, gps, and internets, you'll need them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendelkin View Post
    Prediction: Xykon's tomb/fortress on the Astral plane will be completely annihilated. When he realizes this has not harmed him at all, the lich will realize Redcloak pulled a fast one on him with the phylactery. It is then that their alliance will end and they finally come to blows - and the Monster in the Dark will be compelled to devour Redcloak.
    In 3.5, liches can survive having their phylactery destroyed, no problem, as long as they're not currently using it to regenerate. This was brought up in Start of Darkness.

Way back in 1E/2E AD&D, destroying the phylactery would instantly kill the lich, but that's not how it works in the OotS-verse. I'm not sure if Xykon would even know if his phylactery was destroyed if it was done out of his sight.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

3.5 rules for liches, the condensed version:

Phylactery destroyed, lich not - lich can create a new one.
    Phylactery intact, lich not - phylactery can create a new one.
    Phylactery destroyed, lich destroyed - game over. The munchkins will sing and dance and show the way to Oz.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Somniloquist View Post
    Bloodfeast will not survive this fight. There's no obvious way for him to be re-polymorphed, and I don't see Rich drawing a huge Allosaurus in every scene of this dungeon unless it was for a specific purpose.
    This prediction (which is one of mine as well, but I never said it out loud so it doesn't count) is looking more and more likely as of strip #1301.
    If you can read this you are too close.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Belkar will become a god (a sexy and shoeless one) in the violet pantheon and therefore won't breathe ever again.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Yeah, I'm re-convinced that Bloodfeast won't be making it out alive. At least he's going out like a hero.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Barlion View Post
    Belkar will become a god (a sexy and shoeless one) in the violet pantheon and therefore won't breathe ever again.
    I'm pretty sure that gods can still enjoy birthday cake and fund/access their 401Ks.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Bugbear in the Playground

One alternative would be that Bloodfeast survives but is left behind, essentially to take Calder's place as a defence against Xykon.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Norbert View Post
    One alternative would be that Bloodfeast survives but is left behind, essentially to take Calder's place as a defence against Xykon.
    Belkar: "I am Belkar Bitterleaf. You killed my dinosaur. Prepare to die!"

Xykon: "Why does he keep saying that?"

Redcloak: "I don't know. Kill him and ask whatever kind of undead he turns out to be."

MitD: "Don't kill him! He makes the most delicious stew!"

Redcloak: "What kind of undead can cook?"

Belkar: "I am Belkar Bitterleaf. You killed my dinosaur. Prepare to die!"

10. - Top - End - #730
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why would Belkar suddenly parrot Yokyok ?
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_Schemer View Post
    This prediction (which is one of mine as well, but I never said it out loud so it doesn't count) is looking more and more likely as of strip #1301.
    V probably has Polymorph Other prepared (panel 8), as pointed out in the 1301 discussion thread. Bloodfeast doesn't need to be trapped here.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

12. - Top - End - #732

EvilClericGuy

Quibble: V has the spell in their spellbook, but we do not know whether or not they have it prepared.

EDIT: missed the "probably", never mind. ;)
    Last edited by Gurgeh; 2024-04-11 at 10:26 AM.

13. - Top - End - #733

One member of the Mechane is Sabine's new host. Against all odds she has managed to follow the Order inside Serini's dungeon.
    ""Jeez, this dress! i look like a dominatrix""
    (self-loathing): ""Actually , you look like a sorceress or something""
    ""Hey, no need to get cruel""

14. - Top - End - #734
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by faustin View Post
    One member of the Mechane is Sabine's new host. Against all odds she has managed to follow the Order inside Serini's dungeon.
    Since so far as we know, Sabine couldn't possess people if she wanted to (who was her "previous host", again?), and the Vessel, what- or whoever it is likely has a purpose other than concealing Sabine's identity (she's a shapeshifter, damnit)… Okay. Whatever you're betting, it's on.