New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Girl Genius XXXII: The scientific method at work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I thought Dupree identified Agatha as the woman in her visions of the future to the Baron.
    Would she know momma could take over Agatha? There's no doubt it's Agatha's body, but whose mind is it?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So there's a couple ways I can see this going.

1) "Oopsie, I took a little took much! Here, have some back." (Possibly as a segue into telling us a little more about the Spark/Flame.)

2) "Oh noes! We'll have to fix this!" (But it gets fixed quickly, only a dozen strips or two.)

3) This is a big problem/plot point. Whether Albia is malign or not, dealing with the consequences of this drain will consume a good chunk of a book, at least.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

My money is on Agatha passes out and wakes up after a convenient minor timeskip so we can cut to "And then these things happened, okay, off to your next stop with you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Would she know momma could take over Agatha? There's no doubt it's Agatha's body, but whose mind is it?
    Momma has been removed from Agatha. Gil and Tarvek know that, so Bang would know as well.

So unless SOMEHOW Agatha got herself re-infected with a Momma Calling...
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

5. - Top - End - #305

Quote Originally Posted by runeghost View Post
    3) This is a big problem/plot point. Whether Albia is malign or not, dealing with the consequences of this drain will consume a good chunk of a book, at least.
    If I remember properly (has been a time), Albia has a "garden" where she wished to have Agatha. Assuming she doesn't need a gardener, can we suppose Albia is into "cultiving" potential queens to use as batteries?
    Running naked in the playground!

[email protected]

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Momma has been removed from Agatha. Gil and Tarvek know that, so Bang would know as well.

So unless SOMEHOW Agatha got herself re-infected with a Momma Calling...
    The biggest sign of it being Agatha is the way Gil and the geister address her. Gil puts “Mistress” in quotation marks, which implies he’s putting a bit of sarcastic emphasis on the word. When the geister shows up in the second window, she says mistress normally.

I read that as Agatha pretending to be Lucrezia. Gil has to call her mistress to pretend to be wasped and isn’t happy about it.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Also, the two time panes are supposed to be occur in reverse order, so actually, the Geister calls her Mistress first, then Gil echoes it sarcastically in the earlier-but-later one.

Edit: Read it again, and I remembered it wrong.

The time portals are in reverse, but Gil is sarcastic later. I did also note this time that Gil denounced Bang as a maniac, which is not his current or historical opinion, so she must get up to something real bad in the future before they take this time trip. Like real, real, real bad, considering her normal modus operandi.
    Last edited by Pax1138; 2023-08-11 at 07:42 AM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pax1138 View Post
    Also, the two time panes are supposed to be occur in reverse order, so actually, the Geister calls her Mistress first, then Gil echoes it sarcastically in the earlier-but-later one.

Edit: Read it again, and I remembered it wrong.

The time portals are in reverse, but Gil is sarcastic later. I did also note this time that Gil denounced Bang as a maniac, which is not his current or historical opinion, so she must get up to something real bad in the future before they take this time trip. Like real, real, real bad, considering her normal modus operandi.
    I mean, she is after zeetha. Who may well be his sister and is a close friend to agatha. I can easily see how that might change his opinion of her depending on what she does.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    The biggest sign of it being Agatha is the way Gil and the geister address her. Gil puts “Mistress” in quotation marks, which implies he’s putting a bit of sarcastic emphasis on the word. When the geister shows up in the second window, she says mistress normally.

I read that as Agatha pretending to be Lucrezia. Gil has to call her mistress to pretend to be wasped and isn’t happy about it.
    It's simpler than that - they are probably serving Agatha in lieu of Lucrezia (This and the following 9 pages), and Gil is just being sarcastic.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

10. - Top - End - #310
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    It's simpler than that - they are probably serving Agatha in lieu of Lucrezia (This and the following 9 pages), and Gil is just being sarcastic.
    Yeah, the print novels have Bang note that Gil was sounding sarcastic when he said that.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Firbolg in the Playground

Here is where Bang identifies Agatha as the girl she saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I knew Gil was being sarcastic. My interpretation was that it was an expression of annoyance. "Hey, MISTRESS..."

Because Gil isn't a minion, and wouldn't be calling Agatha mistress. Even if we go on Spark hierarchy both Gil and Tarvek consider themselves Agatha's equals - Gil as leader of the Wulfenbach Empire and Tarvek as Storm King.

Gil calling Agatha mistress raises questions about why he's doing so. It could be as simple as the rogue geisters getting angry at him for lese majeste, but I prefer to think they're undercover somehow.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it took a long while but it turns out that, yes, Albia does also use mind control.

That's not the reaction I'd have expected from Agatha, though.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Well, it took a long while but it turns out that, yes, Albia does also use mind control.

That's not the reaction I'd have expected from Agatha, though.
    I don't think it's mind control exactly?
    More some form of advanced Spark charisma applied to a intimidation check.

And of course Agatha reacts like that.
    Getting her friends to listen is harder than herding fleas and Albia does it with a few words? Of course she wants to learn.

If it turns out to be something bad she won't use it, but asking can't hurt.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

15. - Top - End - #315

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    I don't think it's mind control exactly?
    More some form of advanced Spark charisma applied to a intimidation check.

And of course Agatha reacts like that.
    Getting her friends to listen is harder than herding fleas and Albia does it with a few words? Of course she wants to learn.

If it turns out to be something bad she won't use it, but asking can't hurt.
    I would say that if Albia were visibly angry with my presence in a room I would find an excuse to leave that room quickly, lest I be turned into a newt. Agatha needs to get Zeetha et al to be afraid of her, that's all. A little more old school Heterodyne ought to do the trick, I'm sure Castle can provide tips.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

16. - Top - End - #316

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    I would say that if Albia were visibly angry with my presence in a room I would find an excuse to leave that room quickly, lest I be turned into a newt. Agatha needs to get Zeetha et al to be afraid of her, that's all. A little more old school Heterodyne ought to do the trick, I'm sure Castle can provide tips.
    The castle will gladly provide tips. It will also provide examples from her family tree. Very possibly it will provide examples that resulted in one of her ancestors being conceived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

17. - Top - End - #317

Seriously, I didnt even think it was mind control till after agatha asked how she did it. I figured it was just the standard sparky voice +1 where minions obey the stronger spark only enhanced a bit by her being a queen.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Except the girls aren't spooked or scared. They have blank expressions (for this comic anyway) with vacant eyes, then they both feel hungry and decide to leave.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

19. - Top - End - #319

AssassinGuy

„these are not the cup cakes you are looking for“
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Except the girls aren't spooked or scared. They have blank expressions (for this comic anyway) with vacant eyes, then they both feel hungry and decide to leave.
    I agree. Vacant gaze, and no show of subtlety, not even as a social courtesy.
    Kind of mind suggestion.

Plus, we are speaking of a very stubborn and hard to impress princess and a smoke knight with a really high understanding of court life. If both of them decided that grooming Agatha was priority, no mundane force on Earth could have diverted them.
    I'm more surprised that they didn't complete the morning routine in seconds.

More, "Don't fear they-" seems to indicate something that could lead to fear. Social clues are mostly harmless.
    Last edited by Laurentio III; 2023-08-15 at 05:57 AM.

[email protected]

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I too think it's supposed to be mind control, because it makes the final punchline land better.

"Never fear, they--" is presumably the beginning of Albia reassuring her that there will be no long-term repercussions to this molding of their minds, which makes it doubly funny that Agatha blows right past that to ask how *she* can do that too.

(As for why she might want to, well, we all know the steps Agatha can take to preserve the right to sleep in...)

22. - Top - End - #322

There is a queen-killer around, who is somehow related to the very person near you who is also a target of said queen-killer.
    So, you remove both of you from the security of your palace to go in a place connected to you being a queen.

I can't sense it to be a smart move.

[email protected]

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by Laurentio III View Post
    There is a queen-killer around, who is somehow related to the very person near you who is also a target of said queen-killer.
    So, you remove both of you from the security of your palace to go in a place connected to you being a queen.

I can't sense it to be a smart move.
    Didnt they just beat back the queen killer? I honestly cant remember how it ended other than getting lucrezia out of agathas head. Also, i get the feeling this is more an astral projection into the mental equivalent of her queen flame thing. Its like jean grey and professor x chatting mentally. They didnt really "go" anywhere, they are just talking in a way that cant be recorded by any sparky eavesdropping devices that may or may not exist.

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Didnt they just beat back the queen killer? I honestly cant remember how it ended other than getting lucrezia out of agathas head.
    They extracted the copy of Lucrezia from Agatha's head, and Albia has it/her stashed away somewhere. They destroyed the robot copy on the island. Zola presumably still has a copy imprisoned in her head; the last we saw of her/them, she was in the clutches of Grandma. The Muse of Time was released from her imprisonment in Paris and is roaming around loose. If there are any other copies, we haven't heard about them yet.

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    If there are any other copies, we haven't heard about them yet.
    Timetravel is on the table. Killing someone is only almost deadly.

[email protected]

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

"Nice furs"

"These old things darling? Had them for ages...."
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

27. - Top - End - #327

SamuraiGuy

Ancient fur clad Albia is rather chunky.

I wonder if they are inside Albia's memories.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

28. - Top - End - #328

Knowing too much about the flames may not be a good thing.

OTOH, Albia seems to enjoy helping another queen ascend.
    GO FOR THE EYES, BOO!!!

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    They extracted the copy of Lucrezia from Agatha's head, and Albia has it/her stashed away somewhere. They destroyed the robot copy on the island. Zola presumably still has a copy imprisoned in her head; the last we saw of her/them, she was in the clutches of Grandma. The Muse of Time was released from her imprisonment in Paris and is roaming around loose. If there are any other copies, we haven't heard about them yet.
    Do we think the Muse of Time is a copy, or the original? We've seen from Albia's memories that Lucrezia has gotten cyberized at some point, and it's been my assumption that the Muse of Time (named as such by Van Rijin after he trapped her) is the OG Lucrezia.

Lucrezia was using the mirrors before and couldn't follow Albia when the mirror went dark, so Albia thinking her Henge is safe is pretty reasonable.

30. - Top - End - #330

SamuraiGuy

They are inside Albia's head, which ought to be safe from Lucrezia.

We're going to get an explanation of how Flames work, which may be something the Foglios just put some thought into during the Franz Interregnum.