New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Altogether [IC]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Altogether [IC]

Time suddenly *boings* back into its normal shape with a loud *SNAP*. The day coalesced into the night, and the sun and moon and stars were all in the heaven at the same time, day was night, night was day, birds sang, the wind howled, and then...just like that, you pop forward in time.

Some of you who are familiar with the power ready themselves for the slightly overwhelming desire to expunge the contents of one's belly, combined with the forced teleport, it was enough to make any grown person kneel down and pray to any god for forgiveness to whatever offense they may have given.

This time, however, there are more people standing next to you looking just as bewildered as you.

A rope dangles down from the tree, a limb specifically, the biggest one it had, but where from you are not sure, you hear a small voice whispering to you all "Quick, get in!" He said quietly as a Rose petal falls down from the rope, leaning down and looking up, you see a grinning man above, in a hole just beyond the tree limb, which is....not there. How is that possible?

As you all regard each other, dismiss what ever spells you feel appropriate, and cast any others, you climb or ascend the rope in whatever manner you feel, the hole expands to meet the needs of its occupants, a nice cool breezy tent with pillows everywhere, trays of food, dried figs, fresh grapes, bread is steaming in the center, with some butter, as well as tankards of mead mixed with honey and berries. The man looks at you all and smiles, greeting everyone like long-lost cousins, "WELCOME!" He announces without a care for the sound, as the last one alights the tent, the hole closes as the rope is pulled up.

"Take a seat, take a seat" he repeats himself, offering different people locations to park themselves "Feel free to take some food, and drink, it will refresh if you need more, no need to be pleasant on my behalf!" He says chuckling to himself "It's about damn time" his mood, and tone changes instantly, like a drill sergeant "I am Sergeant Hackford, and you lot have done a royal mess up! But it ain't your fault, damn spies everywhere, I'll be your handler for this mission, you will be heading across enemy territory to locate a Captain in the next village over, confirm identity, and then eliminate him however you best see, preferably without any hubbub or fanfare. This tree will be your fallback position, you will not have any extraction protocols active, nor will you have support, this is just you lot, so make it work." He says matter of factly, hands on his hips

"Questions?"

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show

The nausea affects of the power have no in game mechanics.
    The power time hop is reverting, allowing you all to see each other in the same time stream. The teleport was just to throw a tracker off, as it's in a different time stream, standard spycraft stuff
    The spell being used is a modified Rope trick, normal rules to id if you want to, or your character has seen it before, not a big deal.
    This is where the game starts, mission parameters, ask away for anything else
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2023-05-30 at 05:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Altogether [IC]

I have questions. Cur speaks up from the seat he picked out on the floor, There a problem if more die than the target? What's the target's name? And what's the village called?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

The Sergeant turns to Cur and nods in recognition "well, we are a clandestine unit, we would like to keep things to a minimum, but if it is required for the situation, we usually understand" he says with a wolfish grin. "As for the other stuff, it's the next village over, Morgsten Height, they got taken in the initial push on the kingdom, and so they house a sizeable garrison, but intel suggests they have been reposition down the line a few towns over for something else, leaving this captain with much less security....No clue, thats your job, we just know there is a captain, who needs to be taken out, but you must obtain positive identity first."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Assassination. And we're the blade in your hand. Cur looks meaningfully at each Petal he's been assigned to work with. Yeah, I'm in. Happy to do my part. he adds cheerfully.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Having fought off (or at least separated himself from) the teleport nausea Evindal sat down on a pillow and observed everyone for several moment quietly noting their appearance, tone of voice, body language, etc.

- Do you have any more specific intel regarding the target? Like his name, distinguishing features apart from his rank, anything else to be able to confirm his identity reliably.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sense motive to get the general vibe of the people around: (1d20+4)[21].
    Knowledge (local) to recall knowledge about the sergeant: (1d20+12)[31].
    Knowledge (geography) (1d20+8)[23] and knowledge (history) (1d20+12)[19] to recall any important knowledge about Morgsten Height.
    Last edited by Ilerien; 2023-05-31 at 02:35 PM.
    My homebrew. Feel free to use!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Or even if it is a 'he'?" added Tommasia, brief flicker of concern on her face towards how Evindal was holding up. It at least gave her something to focus on besides the fact that apparently more than one bouquet of Rose Petals got burned on assignment at the same bloody time.

There's got to be a weed in the garden...

"Race or species? Military captain or local constabulary? And what has the target rumoured to have done in order to be plucked?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

The sergeant looks at both Tommasia and Evindal with a nod "right, well, you should be able to tell by them being a hobgoblin captain, the only one in the area to be exact. See the Empire of the East Sun have legions, each legion is commanded by a captain, each legion is made up of 1000 men, and made up of 10 cohorts, each cohort is led by a leftenant." He says reciting like the information like it was rote, he looks at everyone "This town was taken, and the head man in charge is your target, he commands this whole region, and we need you to take him out. Yes, it's a man, that's all we know, enemy intel is very limited, troop movements, unit strength, that kind of thing, but we know very little about their command structure, intent, or....well anything else."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Still no idea what all of that kidnapping was about.

None of that seems to matter much now. We’ve got marching orders.

Aerilaya skillfully climbed the rope. Once she was inside, she introduced herself.

“Everyone can call me Laya. When do we depart for the target?”

Hope the place we’re headed is nicer than the last time.

I’m sure a place run by goblins will be the finest of locations.

Actions: None
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2023-06-01 at 04:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Once recovered from the mild inconvenience, Cervena climbed the rope with ease. She was far more athletic than her thin frame would show.

She listened absentmindedly, she knew the job. She didn't really care much for all the spy stuff, irrelevant concerns in the light of eternity, but she was bound to be a petal, that was part of her burden in this life.

She rolled her incarnum-made hood back and started to re-braid her hair to focus on the information. She looked around the room, some of these petals were not really discreet, a stealthy mission was going to be interesting.

When do we part and where is the engagement point?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Sergeant Hackford adjusts his cap and clears his throat before answering, his voice steady and authoritative. "You'll be parting ways with us tomorrow morning at dawn. We'll provide you with the necessary supplies and equipment for the mission, along with any last-minute information we can gather. As for the engagement point, we've identified a small village called Blackwood on the outskirts of the enemy's stronghold. It's a secluded area with minimal civilian presence, making it an ideal rendezvous point for your team."

He takes a moment to study the map spread out on the table before continuing. "Once you reach Blackwood, you'll need to locate a discreet safe house we've established there. It's run by a contact of ours who can provide further intelligence and support. I'll give you the exact coordinates and a coded phrase to identify yourselves upon arrival. Remember, security is paramount, so be cautious and blend in with the locals as much as possible."

The sergeant's gaze shifts between Tommasia and Evindal, emphasizing the importance of their mission. "You'll have to rely on your wits and resourcefulness, as this is a high-risk operation. I trust that the skills you've displayed in your previous assignments will serve you well here. Any questions before we part ways tomorrow?"

Spoiler
    Show

You guys can head out whenever, basic supplies (ie non-magical) within reason are available inside the hideout.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"What's the population of Blackwood made up of?" Tommasia asked. It might be on the outskirts with minimal civilians, but some races in their band might be a bit more out of place than others. All it took was one person too nosy or too eager to sell strangers out and their plans could all be for naught.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Cervena looked around, the petals did not seem very stealthy. She discretely sniffed the air for any scent of evil.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Cervena cannot really use any items other that what she has, due to VoP.

Please, show me maps of the area, entry points, approximate location of the target. We need to rest, but first, we need to discus tactics.
    What talents do you bring petals?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Sergeant Hackford raises an eyebrow at Tommasia's question about the population of Blackwood. He takes a moment to consider his response, his English accent carrying a note of contemplation. "Well, lass, I wish I could give you an exact answer, but given the circumstances, we don't have precise information on the current population makeup. Blackwood used to be a human settlement, but since the enemy took control, who knows what they've done with the place. It's possible there may be a mix of races now, and we can't rule out the presence of sympathizers or informants among them."

He turns his attention to Cervena, noticing her discreet sniffing and the petals she carries. With a slight smile, he responds, "Ah, tactics, indeed. I'm afraid I don't have any maps to provide, my dear. This operation was put together hastily, and we had to rely on expedient measures. As for the approximate location of the target, all we know is that he commands the whole region from this town. Our best bet is to gather more intelligence on the ground."

Sergeant Hackford adjusts his cap and looks at both of them, his gaze filled with determination. "Remember, this is a high-stakes mission, and we must adapt to the circumstances as they unfold. Stay vigilant, use your skills wisely, and trust in your training. Any other concerns or questions, lads and lasses?"

Spoiler
    Show

yes, he has an english accent, just go with it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cur stands up and, as he walks to the entrance portal, says, "I'll be outside preparing a carriage or cart. Depends on what I can scrounge up. Treat me like a draft horse. Whoever rides in it are nobles or merchants, or whatever."

He leaps to the ground and begins his setup.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

The extradimensional space provides a hidden and secure resting place for them. The small pocket dimension is cozy, with faint glimmers of magical energy dancing in the air.

As you settle down for the night, you take in the tranquility of your surroundings. The walls of the extradimensional space are invisible, blending seamlessly with the night sky outside. Soft, ethereal light bathes the area, casting a gentle glow that soothes their weary bodies and minds.

Sergeant Hackford stands near the entrance, ensuring their safety within the magical sanctuary. He offers a reassuring smile before softly saying, "Rest well, my friends. This sanctuary will shield you from harm and provide the rest you need. When you awaken, we shall continue our journey towards Blackwood, ready to face whatever challenges await us."

With those parting words, Sergeant Hackford steps back, leaving you all to find comfort and solace within the Rope Trick's protective embrace. As you settle into your chosen spots, you feel the gentle sway of the extradimensional space, providing a sense of peace and security.

When you eventually awaken, refreshed and ready to face the challenges ahead, you find yourselves still within the enchanted refuge. The magical energy surrounding you slowly dissipates, indicating that the duration of the spell is coming to an end. Gathering your belongings, you know it is time to continue the journey.

Spoiler
    Show

Couple of things to sort out
    Marching order?
    How are you traveling? carefully? is someone scouting ahead? spells?
    etc etc
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cur uses his time to clean and polish himself. He checks the carriage for defects and damage. Once he's comfortable that it's in good condition, and while everyone else is sleeping or preparing, he take the carriage out for practice. He pulls it around for several hours, until both he and it have some road dust and mud on them. All the better to look the part.

Finally, he pulls up by the Rope Trick and waits for the rest.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

As you all awaken within the magical sanctuary of the Rope Trick spell, they notice a folded note tucked neatly against the trunk of a nearby tree. The message is written in Sergeant Hackford's distinctive handwriting, bearing the weight of unexpected news.

"I regret to inform you that Tallrose and Aerilaya, have been reassigned to another mission overnight. Due to unforeseen developments and urgent circumstances, their unique skills and expertise are required elsewhere. Unfortunately, they will not be able to accompany you on your journey to Blackwood as originally planned.

This sudden change may come as a surprise, but rest assured that Tallrose and Aerilaya's new assignment is of utmost importance to our cause. They have been entrusted with a separate task that demands their immediate attention. Their skills and dedication make them invaluable assets in this new endeavor.

While their absence may present challenges, I have every confidence in your abilities to adapt and overcome. The Rose Petals have been trained to face adversity head-on, and I believe in your resourcefulness and determination. The success of this mission now falls squarely on your shoulders.

Remember, the fate of this region rests upon the completion of your task. The capture or elimination of the enemy's commander in Blackwood is of paramount importance. Proceed with caution, stay vigilant, and rely on each other. Together, I know you can achieve success.

May luck be on your side as you face the trials ahead. Stay true to your training and trust in yourselves. The Empire of the East Sun must be held accountable for their actions, and you are our best hope in accomplishing that.

Best of luck, and may you return triumphant."

As you prepare to leave, the note spontaneously bursts into flames, disintegrating into ash. It is a symbol of the urgency and secrecy surrounding the mission, leaving no trace of the message that had been entrusted to them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Cervena read the note quickly.

Tallrose was not precisely stealthy, so I can understand her reassignment, but she also looked like a good plan B, as in Blungeon an army of goblins to death.

Not even expecting the others to laugh at her silly attempt at a joke, she gather her few belongings and set out ahead, scouting and foraging for the others.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Casting my 24hr buffs (Primal Hunter and Primal Insticts) and shaping my soulmeld red cloak.

Then moving ahead of the group to scout and forage Survival (1d20+14)[27]

Cervena
    f NG Human Ranger 2/Ardent 5/SoK2, Level 9, Init 9, HP 66/66, Speed 40/ Levitate at will
    AC 24, Touch 16, Flat-footed 22, Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 13, Base Attack Bonus 7/2 /43
    +1 bane evil Old Kukris x2 +13 (+17 vs Evil, +22 vs Evil Arcanists) (1d4+7 (+11 vs Evil), 18-20 x2)
    A staff, any staff +12 (+16 vs Evil) ( , )
    Force Armor (+6 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect, +2 Natural, +2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 21, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 8
    Condition Primal Instincts + Primal Hunter (Uncanny dodge)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Tommasia's frown etched deeper into a full-fledged scowl at this point. Bad enough, several of them got burned and pulled. Now two of their number were conveniently gone before this new mission. Best case scenario, those two were traitors and HQ snagged them finally (...but why the song and dance number of being reassigned? Why not just tell us...?)

Worse case scenario, whatever or whoever was responsible was higher up in the Rose Petals -- and they were pulling the strings...

The sell-sword grimaced. "Something about this entire situation stinks..." She muttered, flashing a look of concern towards Evindal. She hoped the mage got a better read off the sergeant than she did.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

- It's hard to pinpoint the overall source, though. Everything just feels a little off. Risking to sound too obvious, we shouldn't lower our guard, - responded Evindal softly, closing his spellbook carefully. - I've heard of Hackford, though never got to work with him. Adding to the number of irregularities we encountered so far, his rank is too low for a handler, especially for a mission as important as he stressed this one would be.

The elf got out of the hideout and retrieved his possessions hidden at the base of the tree.
    - The five of us would make a believable enough errant troupe of circus performers. Shame Tallrose got reassigned, - he chuckled at Cervena's remark. - Does anyone have any more ideas for a cover story? - the elf scanned the gathered Petals then retrieved a number of small bundles of horse hair from a pouch on his belt. - How many horses do we need for this trip, what do you think?

Show
    I assume everyone at least introduced themselves during our downtime and told the others what they can bring to the table, please, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Greater mage armor on himself with the help of his rod of extend spell.
    Last edited by Ilerien; 2023-07-09 at 02:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

You all pack up your items with speedy haste, as if you had done it before, and you were all trained professionals. As if.

Evindal summons some mounts, and you head off, you skirt the town not wanting to raise any eyes, or alert farmers to your presence. Or spies, you don't want the enemy spies to see you pass, and for good reason, this is the new border of the kingdom, and is most likely rife with turncoats, paid thugs, mercenaries, and other...unseemly types, like other spies.

Damn spies.

The weather is fine this time of summer, and a light breeze accompanies you as you canter along the country side road, trees sway slowly and the forest sings with it's melodious tune, it fills you with a gentle but fleeting joy, you do not see a single soul on the road, and it seems it hasn't been used in some days time. A road like this would be used daily for the villages to travel between each one, but you get the feeling, and even come across a few broken down cart's, spilled goods, blankets, torn sacks of grain, broken cart wheels all littler the road side at odd intervals breaking your joy of the ride.

About mid day, you come across two individuals trying to pick up a cart, a certain deja vu roils over Cervan, while the others frown and peer at the site of them, one is a heavily armed human who is arguing with another human much less armored, neither are paying much attention as you trot along quietly beneath the shade of the trees.

~

Spoiler: Letter to Vildyrámok and Endymia
    Show

"To Vildyrámok and Endymia,

Welcome to the mission. Your arrival is timely, and your unique skills will be invaluable to our cause. I regret to inform you that your initial associates, have been reassigned to a separate urgent mission. However, your new task is equally vital.

Your mission is to intercept and rendezvous with Tommasia, Evindal, and Cervena along the road to Blackwood. They are our primary operatives, currently engaged in gathering intelligence and preparing for the crucial mission to eliminate the enemy's commander in Blackwood.

Once you meet your associates, join forces with them and provide your respective expertise to bolster their efforts. Vildyrámok, your expertise as a hellbred Warmage will bring a unique blend of arcane power and insight to the team. Endymia, as a Paladin, your unwavering devotion and combat prowess will serve as a powerful asset in the upcoming battle.

Your ultimate objective remains the same—capture or eliminate the enemy's commander in Blackwood to cripple their forces and weaken their hold on the region. The fate of this land hangs in the balance, and your success is of utmost importance.

Proceed along the road towards Blackwood, keeping a watchful eye for any signs of your associates. Be prepared for potential encounters with enemy forces and navigate with caution. Once united, synchronize your efforts and continue towards Blackwood, coordinating your strategies and leveraging each other's strengths.

Remember, the Rose Petals operate with utmost secrecy and efficiency. Maintain discretion throughout your mission, avoiding unnecessary attention and minimizing collateral damage. The success of this operation relies on your ability to strike swiftly and decisively, leaving no trace of your presence.

May fortune favor you on your journey. Trust in your training and rely on each other's skills. Together, you form a formidable force, capable of achieving great success. I eagerly await news of your successful rendezvous and subsequent progress.

Best of luck,

Sergeant Hackford"

You received the letter, and upon reading it, wer promptly teleported to a shadowy hillock, not too far off the silent country road, you see the other 'Rose Petal' who was summoned. The letter immolates itself as you stand there looking at each other.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2023-07-07 at 04:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Vildyrámok takes a moment to steady himself as the teleport effects wear off. Standing there in white and blue robes rustling in the soft breeze, his long black hair billowing about him as the air settled from the displacement caused by the teleport. At first glance he looks as if he is an ordinary human mage, but for the burn scars covering much of his exposed skin and the softly glowing red eyes. Vil pushes a pair of dark glass lenses over his eyes to hide the feature and pulls the robes and cowl about him a bit more tightly, so as to reduce attention.

Noticing the other companion beside him, he recalls the letter contents. "Endymia I presume?" he says quietly and somewhat breathlessly. "Vildyrámok." he offers his hand for a quick and short friendly shake.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Awesome Avatar made by Meirnon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGirl

Endymia's face was expressionless as the letter she held went up in flames. In a few seconds it had been reduced to nothing but ash. She turned her hand over and the specks of grey scattered in the wind. She had become quite used to the Petals' way of doing things, so she wasn't too bothered by this turn of events. No, if anything, she was excited. This mission was right up her alley.

She acknowledged Vildyrámok, catching a brief glimpse of his unnaturally red eyes - then she nodded and returned his handshake. "My, what a pleasure this is," she said in a honeyed voice, too pleasant for the occasion. The paladin was a pretty woman with icy eyes and silky white hair; beneath her black cloak was a full set of gleaming armor. She was clean and put together, and her expression had turned oddly happy - though not for any evident reason. But after a minute, the approaching sound of a creaky wagon wheel caused her to change her act. Suddenly she was all grimace. She gave Vildyrámok a light push, apparently angry, as she gestured towards the broken-down cart before them. "I told you this shabby thing wasn't worth the splinters it was made out of! Now look what's happened," she complained. She took a low stance as if she was going to try and raise it, pretending not to notice as the carriage drew nearer. Of course, this cart meant nothing to her, and she had never set foot inside it - but it was better to look in need when helping hands were likely.
    Last edited by Olive_Sophia; 2023-07-07 at 07:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Vildyrámok followed her cue, attempting his best natural response, he dropped his usual neutral expression into a frown of frustration. "Look, we didn't have much choice did we? It isn't my fault that we got caught out like this! Just help me fix the damn thing so we can get moving again. ". Mentally noticing the approaching group he knelt down beside Endymia and took a look at the broken wheel and axle . Beyond his skill to repair, and ultimately of no concern. His only thought about whether or not the approaching group might be friend or foe.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Awesome Avatar made by Meirnon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Meanwhile, from where they rode, Tommasia noticed the duo arguing and their broken cart. "...what do you make of them -- ambush waiting to happen or just unlucky...?" She said under her breath to the others in her band.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

The elf muttered an arcane formula, dispersing a pinch of sparking dust in the air, and eyed the pair arguing over a broken cart. Even ordinarily looking people right here right now would be suspicious, but these two are too colorful to be just random locals. Unless it's a double bluff.

- A coincidence would be unlikely given our circumstances. I'm almost sure these two are here because of our group, but the lack of even simple disguises or invisible beings around is curious. Cervena would've alerted us already if there were more people hiding somewhere close. - said the wizard softly. He paused for a couple of moments and concluded: - We should be ready for a potential fight, but let's stop and talk to them first. Offering help might be the way to go.

Show
    Evindal casts see invisibility on himself.
    Last edited by Ilerien; 2023-07-12 at 02:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Cervena stopped and backtracked

She watched the others interact with the couple. She had seen them before, or so it seemed to her.

She climbed a rock and hummed a low tune while waiting.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGirl

Once the carriage got closer, the white-haired woman seemed to take notice. She turned and inspected the vehicle, waving it over to ask for help. From what she could tell, this wasn't exactly a normal group of travelers. The cart was being pulled not only by horses, but by a warforged. Such things could happen, but still. The road they'd landed on didn't seem to be particularly active. Close scrutiny revealed that most of the wagon tracks here were very faded. But that carriage had decided to come this way. A human and an elf were peering out the front of the car, staring her down with skeptical eyes. Perhaps... it was just a thought, but perhaps the higher-ups had made convening easy for them this time. Endymia started thinking of a way to test the approaching riders.

Once they'd approached within earshot, the paladin pleaded to them and made her case. "Excuse me - you there! Please stop." Her voice genuinely sounded somewhat desperate. She was good at this. "Please, we need help. Our carriage is in ruins." Once she had their attention, she went on. "My friend and I are bound toward Blackwood. I'd wanted to visit my sister, Cervena." Her practiced charm didn't allow her expression to budge as she voiced the name. But she was scanning the passenger's faces intently for any hint of reaction. If she could confirm their familiarity with the name here, it would be worth dropping the charade and moving on to the mission.

"But now that this has happened, we're in a real bind." She wiggled back and forth as she said this, looking embarrassed.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fully intent on staying in his role as a menial, Cur holds his tongue. The names Blackwood and Cervena are enough to cause him to twitch noticeably.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Cervena looked at the couple from afar, downwind the stench of her sister's evil soul was like blood in the water, she tensed all over. She had wanted to avoid her, but there was no way around it.

She approached, unable to contain a snarl.

What are you even doing here?