New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    How 'bout Roy, then?
    eh...... technically that qualifies, though I was looking for a more explicit statement. I'll figure out a rephrase and bring it back later.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

In the meantime: show me a humanoid displaying (their own!) 6 teeth.

In their own mouth.

Presumably grown from their own gums.

And presumably still connected to them.

That should avoid more instances, right?
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Belkar

OQ
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

4. - Top - End - #334
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Find me someone being described as being blindfolded.
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    Find me someone being described as being blindfolded.
    Does "the whole blindfolded priest thing" count? last panel.

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

7. - Top - End - #337

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    You know, I almost included that the character shouldn't also be depicted as such, but I figured there wouldn't be any other answer than b_jonas's anyway. Yes, this would have to count.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Then I'll do another one:

We all know that Miko survived a killing injury, at least for long enough to have a conversation.

Show me another humanoid who's sustained that exact type of injury, and survived. Like Miko, it doesn't have to be long-term survival, necessarily.

My judgments and medals!

9. - Top - End - #339

BardGuy

We all know that Miko survived a killing injury
    I understand your question but I still need to grin at this contradiction.

10. - Top - End - #340

ClericGuy

Then I'll do another one:

We all know that Miko survived a killing injury, at least for long enough to have a conversation.

Show me another humanoid who's sustained that exact type of injury, and survived. Like Miko, it doesn't have to be long-term survival, necessarily.
    Xykon got his lower body blown to bits by a Gate's destruction as well, and he was fine. Miko should have embraced her inner evil, she'd still be alive/undead today too.

Find me explicit statements of both terror and fury at the possible harm a villain could cause to a companion, with both statements in the same panel. The harm itself does not have to be explicit, only the emotions.

24 hour hint:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was asked before if Nale was the one making the statement. He wasn't, but he's directly involved in the scenario that generated those statements. Also, terror and fury have synonyms.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-07-12 at 03:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    Xykon got his lower body blown to bits by a Gate's destruction as well, and he was fine. Miko should have embraced her inner evil, she'd still be alive/undead today too.

Find me explicit statements of both terror and fury at the possible harm a villain could cause to a companion, with both statements in the same panel. The harm itself does not have to be explicit, only the emotions.
    Note that this answer doesn't qualify: I asked for a humanoid, Xykon is undead.

My judgments and medals!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Would you count Lord Shojo in #407 7th? He gets a dramatic one-liner before death. OQ if that's it.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Firbolg in the Playground

In the meantime: show me a humanoid displaying (their own!) 6 teeth.

In their own mouth.

Presumably grown from their own gums.

And presumably still connected to them.

That should avoid more instances, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    (Note that this answer doesn't qualify either, nor would no. 21. If one looks close enough, a tooth is clearly visible on either side of the two in the center of the lower jaw.)

14. - Top - End - #344

ClericGuy

Sorry. I counted human skeleton as humanoid undead, I tend to forget that doesn't line up with the actual monster manual descriptions of what a humanoid is.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-07-11 at 11:51 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345

Anyhow, it's the literal first panel of the (online) comic.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

ZhonLord: sorry, I am answering #407 for H_H_F_F's question, not for your question. H_H_F_F said that your answer was wrong, so his question is still active.

17. - Top - End - #347

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    ZhonLord: sorry, I am answering #407 for H_H_F_F's question, not for your question. H_H_F_F said that your answer was wrong, so his question is still active.
    Not anymore:

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Does goblinoid count as humanoid?

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

That's it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Does goblinoid count as humanoid?
    Yup, at least since third edition. Don't think type was really a thing in second edition, but I was too young and played it for too short a time to remember for sure.

My judgments and medals!

20. - Top - End - #350

ClericGuy

In that case, now that it's confirmed let's restart the timer on this one:
    24 hour hint added above.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-07-12 at 03:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Creature types were invented in 3.0, yes. 3.5 changed them a bit, 4e replaced them with descriptors and 5e returned to them and changed more in the attempt to get rid of subtypes.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Yup, at least since third edition. Don't think type was really a thing in second edition, but I was too young and played it for too short a time to remember for sure.
    Then is this it?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Then is this it?
    Meta found my intended answer. This maybe qualifies too? The torso is still intact.

But yeah, back to Zhonlord's question.

My judgments and medals!

24. - Top - End - #354

BardGuy

The synonym part of the hint make me think of fear and anger which makes me think of Star Wars but I don't think that's taking us anywhere.

25. - Top - End - #355

ClericGuy

The synonym part of the hint make me think of fear and anger which makes me think of Star Wars but I don't think that's taking us anywhere.
    Enq... I'm sorry to say you were on the right track in the first half, but lost it in the second.

And now time's up. The answer is, Elan was scared and angry about the harm Nale might do to his dear companion Banjo.

OQ, who's got one?
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-07-13 at 09:10 PM.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

26. - Top - End - #356

Banjo
    Ah. That would explain why it was so hopelessly lost on me.

27. - Top - End - #357

BardGuy

Enq... I'm sorry to say you were on the right track in the first half, but lost it in the second.
    Oh yeah? Find me someone who was on the right track for the first and second part, but lost it on the third.

28. - Top - End - #358

Oh yeah? Find me someone who was on the right track for the first and second part, but lost it on the third.
    Hrm. There's got to be an answer for that somewhere.

29. - Top - End - #359

BardGuy

Hrm. There's got to be an answer for that somewhere.
    And here I just googled the word type of anywhere in preparation for the first hint. Had you been a few minutes faster, I could have saved that bandwidth. How can there ever be peace between us if these insults never end???

30. - Top - End - #360

ClericGuy

Assuming Meta OQ, let's do a lighter one: show me a sentence that provides two different insults at the same time depending on how it is read.
    ~Robin McKinley