New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1360
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

It's not clear if we have a question going, but the thread is very quiet, so...

Find me three strips in which there are ceremonies, during which multiple people are scowling at some point.
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    While my question still stands, could it be the Prime Minister Jirix?
    No, was thinking of this dish in panel 6.

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0600.html

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    It's not clear if we have a question going, but the thread is very quiet, so...
    Sorry for contributing to the confusion.
    Find me three strips in which there are ceremonies, during which multiple people are scowling at some point.
    In chronological order, there's Durkon's initiation as cleric of Thor, where the clergy is scowling at Durkon's family, Hinjo's coronation, and the remarriage of Elan's parents (second page, the panel with the Empress of Blood).
    It's an open question now.
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2024-01-20 at 10:52 AM.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

What two things in the same panel are both senseless?

(and I don't mean like unconscious or incapable of sensing things, I mean like lacking common sense, utterly foolish, nonsensical, etc.)

24 hour hint, slightly early since I won't be available at the proper time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    These two things are direct opposites to each other, both physically and in a more.... philosophical sense, as pointed out by a character in the panel.

48 hours are up. life and death are senseless, as decreed by the philosophically cynical Greyview and seconded by Xykon. Life and death are also opposites per the hint.

OQ, or grab one of the ones people asked below!
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2024-01-23 at 06:07 AM.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    What two things in the same panel are both senseless?

(and I don't mean like unconscious or incapable of sensing things, I mean like lacking common sense, utterly foolish, nonsensical, etc.)

24 hour hint, slightly early since I won't be available at the proper time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    These two things are direct opposites to each other, both physically and in a more.... philosophical sense, as pointed out by a character in the panel.
    In panel 9 Blackwing is uttering nonsense, and the scroll itself is a Locate Creature spell which Blackwing says earlier is a useless spell in the current situation. OQ if correct
    Last edited by whitehelm; 2024-01-21 at 09:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1236

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by whitehelm View Post
    In panel 9 Blackwing is uttering nonsense, and the scroll itself is a Locate Creature spell which Blackwing says earlier is a useless spell in the current situation. OQ if correct
    Nope, not quite. Useless is not senseless, and it's one single nonsensical "spell" being uttered, not two senseless things in the same panel together.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

7. - Top - End - #1237

Law and Chaos? If so, find a human with a blue hat.
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

8. - Top - End - #1238

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Joerg View Post
    Law and Chaos? If so, find a human with a blue hat.
    Nope, Chaos can certainly be nonsensical, but Law is extremely orderly. So much so that even generating a small net increase in order is a worthy goal for them. Hard to call it nonsense in this context - plus Elan's one is speaking binary which can be translated.

Answer added above, OQ!
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2024-01-22 at 03:18 PM.
    ~Robin McKinley

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

ZhonLord: you already revealed your intended answer, but I'd like to present an alternative. In #585 7th panel, Vaarsuvius says that the pit fiend's ludicrous stature is senseless, and in the last panel he alleges that Elan and Durkon are senseless as well. The pit fiend's stature, Eland and Durkon are all visible in #586 1st panel. Alternately Elan and Durkon with their senseless comments are visible in #585 last panel.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Find five things simultaneously disappearing in a puff of logic.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

These Horses.

One second please.

Edit: Show Roy losing in a grapple against a weaker opponent.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
    These Horses.

One second please.

Edit: Show Roy losing in a grapple against a weaker opponent.
    Gotta watch out for those natural 1s. OQ

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by whitehelm View Post
    OQ
    Find a lizard riding on someone's head that doesn't later turn back into a wizard.
    >>softly open our mouths in the cold

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

Goosefarble: that must be Bloodfeast, though we don't yet know what he'll turn back into when the Baleful Polymorph is dispelled. I'm not sure if he's riding Belkar's head in #1293 or if Belkar is just holding him in his hand. However, in #1289 5th he's definitely riding on Belkar's head.

Also if there's any question on whether Bloodfeast's current form is a lizard, see #932 9th.

OQ.

15. - Top - End - #1245

BardGuy

Find me O-Chul doing something Elan tells more than one person not to do.

Spoiler: First hint
    Show
    It seems O-Chul did it for almost as long as he could.

Spoiler: Second hint
    Show
    Elan tells far more than one person not to do this.
    Last edited by enq; 2024-01-25 at 11:51 AM.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    #1289 is the one I had in mind!

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Somniloquist View Post
    Seems so simple now you point it out! Funnily enough I was thinking it was "don't worry", which he says a fair amount to a lot of people. But the only time I could find O-chul worrying is in another of the many dips O-chul takes.

Taking the OQ: Find me three separate Xykon nicknames for Redcloak, not counting "Redcloak" itself of course.

Spoiler: 24 hour hint
    Show
    Nicknames said by someone else but made up by Xykon still count
    Last edited by Goosefarble; 2024-01-26 at 08:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateWench

#373 "Reddie"
    #543 "Mr. Green Genes"
    #1039 "Monocular Man"

I assume the hint is referring to Tsukiko's use of "Wrong Eye" but I'd already found three.

Find me two different coffee makers.

20. - Top - End - #1250

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by referenceself View Post
    #373 "Reddie"
    #543 "Mr. Green Genes"
    #1039 "Monocular Man"

I assume the hint is referring to Tsukiko's use of "Wrong Eye" but I'd already found three.

Find me two different coffee makers.
    Doesn't do espresso, must have been awkward to reach.

Find me a character whose name suggests we won't see them and a town whose name suggests we won't see it.

I mean, find me their names.
    Last edited by enq; 2024-01-27 at 03:20 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Orc in the Playground

Find me a character whose name suggests we won't see them and a town whose name suggests we won't see it.

I mean, find me their names.
    Well, there's Offpanelo and Notseenicus but since none of them is a dwarf, they are probably not from Nottinstory. Ok, here comes an obscure question: who is Juan's nemesis?
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

22. - Top - End - #1252

BardGuy

Phillippe.

Find me three strips in which we gain some insights into V's attributes as a dish.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Firbolg in the Playground

Find me three strips in which we gain some insights into V's attributes as a dish.
    V's a fast (to quote someone Wise) one, but tastes less like garlic than usual for normal people.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    V's a fast (to quote someone Wise) one, but tastes less like garlic than usual for normal people.
    Furthermore, their soul is little more than the free soup-or-salad to a main course of wickedness.

Looks like the question is open.

25. - Top - End - #1255

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rollin View Post
    Furthermore, their soul is little more than the free soup-or-salad to a main course of wickedness.
    Your link is corrupted, I think by the linebreak in the tag. (I removed it in the quote)

But yes, question answered. Another answer was puny.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

I'll try to rephrase my question from a while ago:

Show me a member of the order simply intuiting that they've gotten innately better at a certain social interaction - that is, doing so without currently engaging in that social interaction, thinking of past social interactions, or in any way at all considering a change in social status or their character arc, etc.
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    Show me a member of the order simply intuiting that they've gotten innately better at a certain social interaction
    #1 last panel Elan “Ooh! Skill points!”. It's funny because the Giant explains that Elan was simply wrong about this, he misunderstood the rules. OQ if that's right.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2024-01-28 at 11:52 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Not the line I was thinking of (Elan could allocate these ranks to social skills, we don't know that he did) but you got the right strip and the right theme (mechanical change due to update), so I'll give it to you: Roy "feels more intimidating".
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateWench

I'll take the OQ. When is rolling a five the desired outcome?

30. - Top - End - #1260

BardGuy

Is it when playing Yahtzee? Because I would only consider it *a* desired outcome there.