New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445
Results 1,321 to 1,341 of 1341
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Who felt the need to clarify the difference between figurative and literal backstabbers?
    Though Bozzok treated Crystal as a literal tool, his backstabbing was more figurative than Haley's literal actions.
    That is to say: Haley in Page 979. Forum blocks links for under ten posts, so I can't provide the link.

My mistake, it was Hank from the Thieves' Guild in 621.

OQ
    Last edited by Naysmith; 2024-03-11 at 10:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Naysmith View Post
    My mistake, it was Hank from the Thieves' Guild in 621.

OQ
    Yes, that's the one I was looking for.

(Still OQ)

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Find me a D&D mechanic that's been converted from a noun to an adjective.

Example: Cleave -> Cleavish.

24 hour hint:
    Spoiler
    Show
    this particular mechanic is brought up more than once throughout the comic, is not limited to any specific class, and the instant where it was converted to an adjective was associated with a sense of foreboding and concern.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2024-03-14 at 04:41 AM.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    Find me a D&D mechanic that's been converted from a noun to an adjective.

Example: Cleave -> Cleavish.

24 hour hint:
    Spoiler
    Show
    this particular mechanic is brought up more than once throughout the comic, is not limited to any specific class, and the instant where it was converted to an adjective was associated with a sense of foreboding and concern.
    Feels kinda initiative-y. OQ
    Last edited by whitehelm; 2024-03-14 at 10:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Pixie in the Playground

What explanation should you be mad at, but can't? (Two answers that I know of.)

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Naysmith View Post
    What explanation should you be mad at, but can't? (Two answers that I know of.)

The timing is too good to be mad: https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1016.html

Find me two supernatural creatures (in the same panel) that show up on television but not in the monster manual.

Hint in case I can't post later:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two creatures are often on TV this particular time of year
    Last edited by Aa602213x1023; 2024-03-23 at 11:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aa602213x1023 View Post
    The timing is too good to be mad: https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1016.html

Find me two supernatural creatures (in the same panel) that show up on television but not in the monster manual.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not what I was looking for, but I accept it! (I was thinking of
    Spoiler
    Show
    V's confession and Thor telling Durkon about scraping the bottom of the idea barrel

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ettin in the Playground

My first thought was the gladiator-eating puppet. Then I saw the "(in the same panel)". Then I realized the puppet might not count as "supernatural".
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's The Duke Blue Devil and Sparky the Sun Devil which are involved as mascots in the NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament as known as "March Madness". Which, as pointed out, is happening currently and was also ongoing in March 2009, when the strip was published.

I thank the wiki for the explanation of their identities; it might be the joke that is most lost on international audiences. Well, while the circumstances are different the appearances of Fruit Pie and Sir Thumb also require some context.

OQ for now.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

10. - Top - End - #1330

ClericGuy

What's a long slide best avoided?
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

One into infirmity and despair.

What's a good reason for a rampage?

Spoiler: First hint
    Show
    The strip offers two reasons: A reason to do it, and a reason to wait a little longer.
    Last edited by enq; 2024-04-07 at 12:41 AM.
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    What's a good reason for a rampage?

Spoiler: First hint
    Show
    The strip offers two reasons: A reason to do it, and a reason to wait a little longer.
    I would more accurately describe it as an evil reason, but boredom is reason enough for Thog, only delayed by little ice-cream friends.
    OQ again, sorry.
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2024-04-07 at 03:46 AM.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

What belief is totally unsubstantial?

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belief in Roy. Also I'm experiencing a totally undeserved sense of pride because this was the first page I looked for.

Find me someone other than Serini referring to another person as "Sunshine" now.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

That one was a stumper back when it was first asked, in the earliest histories of the trivia thread. But I think it was only asked once, and it's a good question, so I'll only spoil it under the fold.
    Spoiler: Sunshine
    Show
    Here's where the question was first answered. In theory it should be easier now that the community has catalogued all of Belkar's insults, but it's not that easy to guess that it was Belkar who said this, eve if you remember that he mentions “Happy Fun Sunshine Land” in an unrelated event.

16. - Top - End - #1336

ClericGuy

Show me three instances where a spell takes at least two panels between when its name starts to be spoken, and when the spell finishes.

For example, one panel has "Disin-" and the next has "-tegrate".
    ~Robin McKinley

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

1. That's my number.
    2. Your example seems to contradict the rule that there should be at least one panel between.
    3. Ha-rm, unless I needed two panels between. And Forceca-age. And Mending, but I'm not gonna count the Ms. OQ if correct.
    Last edited by enq; 2024-04-16 at 10:00 AM.
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

18. - Top - End - #1338

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    1. That's my number.
    2. Your example seems to contradict the rule that there should be at least one panel between.
    3. Ha-rm, unless I needed two panels between. And Forceca-age. And Mending, but I'm not gonna count the Ms. OQ if correct.
    I phrased it badly. I meant that the spell being cast takes a minimum of two panels to cast from start of spell name to end of spell name. So yes, you got 3. There's also "THOR'S MIIIIIIIIGHT!"

It is indeed OQ!
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2024-04-16 at 08:27 PM.
    ~Robin McKinley

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking the OQ:

Find a situation all 'jock-aspiring' kids hated in gym class.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ettin in the Playground

Oops, sorry! Looks like we're overdue for a hint:

This typically follows your PE teacher/coach appointing two or more team captains.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Oops, sorry! Looks like we're overdue for a hint:

This typically follows your PE teacher/coach appointing two or more team captains.
    Don't get picked last: https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0002.html

OQ