New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Heh. That was pretty clever, actually! It's too bad that it ran straight into the weekend languor.
    Yep. But it gives me a chance to refine my earlier question.

Find me an otherwise normal, black-outlined speech balloon, except instead of what the character is saying being black on white, its blue on white.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I have something more important to ask than Peelee's current question:

Spoiler: SUPER important
    Show
    How does ZhonLord keep getting away with using recent strips????????
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    Turns out there's more of those than I thought!

Last stab at it: same criteria, otherwise normal, black-outlined speech balloon, except instead of what the character is saying being black on white, its blue on white. Added challenge: No English words.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    I have something more important to ask than Peelee's current question:

Spoiler: SUPER important
    Show
    How does ZhonLord keep getting away with using recent strips????????
    No one expects the Spanish inquisition pages that are fresh in people's memory!

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Turns out there's more of those than I thought!
    I was struggling with that for tons of questions last thread. I feel your pain buddy.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-06-25 at 07:20 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    I was struggling with that for tons of questions last thread. I feel your pain buddy.
    I will admit that being able to interpret a question as fitting significantly more things than the asker intended and finding an answer that is clearly not what they are looking for, but is technically correct, is really funny.

7. - Top - End - #217

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Added challenge: No English words.
    Seems like this should make it easier...

No one expects the Spanish inquisition pages that are fresh in people's memory!
    No one expects the Spanish Inquisition to keep trying the same trick after it failed the first time not long ago.

Spoiler: So I think Peelee is looking for
    Show
    Last edited by enq; 2023-06-25 at 08:35 AM.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

8. - Top - End - #218

ClericGuy

Spoiler: So I think Peelee is looking for
    Show
    Why yes, you're exactly right! whistling a blue note after killing the first Linear Guild kobold.

We know that Elan's chance of success is inverse to his efforts at achieving the opposite, but what other character has an observed inversion in their actions and/or demeanor?

26.5 24 hour hint:
    Spoiler
    Show
    it's specifically demeanor in this case, and the inversion is based on the physical state of the subject.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-06-26 at 12:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

So I think Peelee is looking for]a speech bubble with a musical note in it.
    Yes!
    whistling a blue note
    YES!
    after killing the first Linear Guild kobold.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Imean, yeah, that solves the question and you win, but dang it all if this little dude kept slipping through the cracks.

10. - Top - End - #220

BardGuy

We know that Elan's chance of success is inverse to his efforts at achieving the opposite, but what other character has an observed inversion in their actions and/or demeanor?
    Is this about Mimi's hands? I swear I'm just starting at the end and going back with your questions right now.

11. - Top - End - #221

ClericGuy

Is this about Mimi's hands? I swear I'm just starting at the end and going back with your questions right now.
    Nope, inversion is not mentioned in any way shape or form. Her hands are simply incorrect.

EDIT:24 hour hint added above.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-06-26 at 01:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222

ClericGuy

26.5 24 hour hint:
    Spoiler
    Show
    it's specifically demeanor in this case, and the inversion is based on the physical state of the subject.
    And that's 48 hours passed, time for me to get out of the way of a new question.

the friendliness of xykon's demeanor is observed to be inverse to how intact his body is.. I admit I specifically chose a page at the beginning of the comic to throw enq off the trail, since he was bothered by how many recent pages I was stumping people on. Get trolled my dude!

Open question!
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-06-27 at 10:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223

BardGuy

I admit I specifically chose a page at the beginning of the comic to throw enq off the trail, since he was bothered by how many recent pages I was stumping people on. Get trolled my dude!
    Okay, now Meta, you start a fight with ZhonLord so we have a nice three-way grudge going on here.

Find me a strip with at least one rounded edge between panels. Full circles don't count.

14. - Top - End - #224

Okay, now Meta, you start a fight with ZhonLord so we have a nice three-way grudge going on here.

Find me a strip with at least one rounded edge between panels. Full circles don't count.
    Done. OQ.

15. - Top - End - #225

BardGuy

Arr! Do it again, and this time, spirals are banned too.

16. - Top - End - #226

ClericGuy

here's a bunch of rounded edges, does that qualify?
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

17. - Top - End - #227

BardGuy

I nearly used that one as an example of one that doesn't work because "those are straight edges, just at an angle", but yeah the terrain contours are being used as edges too. I allow it.

18. - Top - End - #228

ClericGuy

In that case, what's in danger of being killed off not long after being fully restored?
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

19. - Top - End - #229
    Firbolg in the Playground

In that case, what's in danger of being killed off not long after being fully restored?
    Someone-someone's brain.

Edit:
    I'm a FLOWER! I believe in sunshine and happiness, not grudges! (Also, we did have a grudge, but he had the basic decency to apologize, enq.)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-06-27 at 01:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Btw I'm upset i didnt get this in the same minute it was posted, because I was looking at star wars stuff at the time. I am shamed.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

And just a brief reminder of a couple rules that may or may not be relevant:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rules - OotS Trivia, not Forum!
    5. If the answer given is not the answer expected, but still technically answers the question, allow it. You can rephrase and ask your question again later.
    6. There's a difference between rephrasing—finding a different, more precise way to word the question so it has a smaller number of possible answers—and just simply rewriting to rule out the last answer. Don't do the latter. (If you are unsure, just ask.)
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

22. - Top - End - #232

BardGuy

I'm a FLOWER! I believe in sunshine and happiness, not grudges! (Also, we did have a grudge, but he had the basic decency to apologize, enq.)
    Aww, is the wittle pwanty angwy? What you gonna do, uproot and pat me? Do you even have thorns?

I thought planties believed in poisoning the soil and racing to grow the fastest, each to deny their neighbors nutrients...

Find me someone who talks too much and someone who doesn't talk enough.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Find me someone who talks too much and someone who doesn't talk enough.
    Well it's a quote of a quote but a certain half-orc says Roy talks too much.

meanwhile

a certain imp says Zz'dtri doesn't talk enough (to manipulate Vaarsuvius)

Does Roy paraphrasing someone else saying that about him (I couldn't find the original Thog quote) count? If so, OQ

24. - Top - End - #234

BardGuy

Yeah, I had those two in mind. Well done

You see this well-behaved plantie, Meta?
    Last edited by enq; 2023-06-28 at 04:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Emberlily: that is funny, because in #1001 8th Greg complains that Roy isn't talking enough.

26. - Top - End - #236

ClericGuy

Find me a food pun related to the class of the character being discussed.
    ~Robin McKinley

27. - Top - End - #237

BardGuy

Sneak attack sandwich?

I have a question if this is accepted.

28. - Top - End - #238

ClericGuy

Sneak attack sandwich?

I have a question if this is accepted.
    Nope, that's a class feature, not the class itself. But feel free to feast on that red herring as you keep looking!
    ~Robin McKinley

29. - Top - End - #239
    Firbolg in the Playground

Aww, is the wittle pwanty angwy? What you gonna do, uproot and pat me?
    It's funny that you'd ask that straight before mentioning poison.

Nope, that's a class feature, not the class itself. But feel free to feast on that red herring as you keep looking!
    Do strip titles count? (What? I wouldn't put that past you, specifically.)

30. - Top - End - #240

ClericGuy

Do strip titles count? (What? I wouldn't put that past you, specifically.)
    I'm not sure "the character being discussed" is addressed by a strip title. And no, I promise I wouldn't pull that on you guys.
    ~Robin McKinley