New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jasdoif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon, USA

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh hey that would have been me like not even a month ago!

    ... and if you'd asked me this question before that, my answer would have been blank since that was my first time being put into hospital, now that I think about it. Huh.
    Interestingly enough, both times I've been in the hospital were for ketoacidosis, the first time being when I had developed diabetes. Or my diabetes...manifested? Presented? ...I'm gonna say "verbed".

    And similarly huh-worthy: "into the hospital" vs "into hospital" as an esoteric English variation.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

  2. - Top - End - #1382
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Interestingly enough, both times I've been in the hospital were for ketoacidosis, the first time being when I had developed diabetes. Or my diabetes...manifested? Presented? ...I'm gonna say "verbed".

    And similarly huh-worthy: "into the hospital" vs "into hospital" as an esoteric English variation.
    I'll admit that may just purely be a me thing. I say it look that all the time and only now have realized "hey wait that's probably not right".

  3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jasdoif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon, USA

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'll admit that may just purely be a me thing. I say it look that all the time and only now have realized "hey wait that's probably not right".
    You're fine; I've come across this before. The usual examples I see are how "go to school" means you're going as a student to do student things as that's what school is for, vs "go to the school" meaning just going to the building designated as the school; and the very similar "go to church" vs "go to the church". But for whatever reason(s), American English uses "go to the hospital" even where the pattern would point towards "go to hospital".
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

  4. - Top - End - #1384
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    You're fine; I've come across this before. The usual examples I see are how "go to school" means you're going as a student to do student things as that's what school is for, vs "go to the school" meaning just going to the building designated as the school; and the very similar "go to church" vs "go to the church". But for whatever reason(s), American English uses "go to the hospital" even where the pattern would point towards "go to hospital".
    Aaah, I see. Well, I guess this might be a Canadianism then, or something that I picked up subconsciously and never realized isn't how others do it! Neat!

  5. - Top - End - #1385
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Interestingly enough, both times I've been in the hospital were for ketoacidosis, the first time being when I had developed diabetes. Or my diabetes...manifested? Presented? ...I'm gonna say "verbed".

    And similarly huh-worthy: "into the hospital" vs "into hospital" as an esoteric English variation.
    Have you considered trying ketobaseidosis?
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-09-20 at 04:46 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

    Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

  6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jasdoif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon, USA

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Have you considered trying ketobaseidosis?
    I don't think my body swinging out of pH balance in the other direction would actually have been an improvement, no; diabetic coma can come at both directions on the blood-sugar-extremes spectrum, so you're talking more of a pit-and-the-pendulum scenario. Not that the biochemistry works that way, but my ICU stay was decidedly not-funny, so....
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

  7. - Top - End - #1387
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    I don't think my body swinging out of pH balance in the other direction would actually have been an improvement, no; diabetic coma can come at both directions on the blood-sugar-extremes spectrum, so you're talking more of a pit-and-the-pendulum scenario. Not that the biochemistry works that way, but my ICU stay was decidedly not-funny, so....
    God it really is the nastiest thing about diabetes is that if you do TOO GOOD at keeping your blood sugar down, you are medically required to eat a chocolate bar or you'll also die.

    Human bodies be stupid. How are we alive at all.

  8. - Top - End - #1388
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    God it really is the nastiest thing about diabetes is that if you do TOO GOOD at keeping your blood sugar down, you are medically required to eat a chocolate bar or you'll also die.

    Human bodies be stupid. How are we alive at all.
    There's all kinds of stuff that's funky like that.

    Why are we physically capable to reproducing before we're, on average, emotionally mature enough to perform the act let alone actually raise a child?

    Why can we grow back our livers and fingertips but not heal a spinal injury?

    Why is our ability to self-repair noticeably inferior to the amount of damage we accrue form continuous use?

    This? This is part of why I'm a transhumanist. Could really use someone to go in and trim out some of the junk and patch some of the glitches in the source code. At a bare minimum.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-09-20 at 07:04 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Aaah, I see. Well, I guess this might be a Canadianism then, or something that I picked up subconsciously and never realized isn't how others do it! Neat!
    Chiming in as another Canadian, I've never heard anyone say "go to hospital" before - there's always been a 'the' in there - so, at the very least it's not a universal Canadianism. Possibly regional, though.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bristol, UK

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Chiming in as another Canadian, I've never heard anyone say "go to hospital" before - there's always been a 'the' in there - so, at the very least it's not a universal Canadianism. Possibly regional, though.
    I dunno, I might use either, but that may be because there's more than one hospital near me, and I've gone to more than two in my long life.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

  11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jasdoif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon, USA

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    God it really is the nastiest thing about diabetes is that if you do TOO GOOD at keeping your blood sugar down, you are medically required to eat a chocolate bar or you'll also die.
    Hmm. I don't think I'd have agreed with you even before "rogue blood vessels tearing the retina off the back of an eyeball" was on my list of diabetes complications; low blood sugar's really annoying, sure, but it's still an opportunity to have delicious cereal/cookies/candy without needing to worry (as much or as soon). Though at the same time, I'd probably put "shoving metal through skin multiple times per day every single day" as the nastiest, which might not apply to not-type-I diabetics.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Human bodies be stupid. How are we alive at all.
    We are alive because even after one organ failure resulted in a loss of signal to the distributed network of cells that we call a body, and the loss of signal triggered alternative sourcing for energy instead of cells all deactivating, and a side effect of that alternate sourcing was an increase in body acidity; a system of pH balancing buffers resisted the resulting acid long enough that we could be treated before a cascading effect on biochemical processes succeeded in killing us.

    In the eternal debate between generalization and specialization, generalization is resilience; and considering that our bodies have to deal with literally everything we're physically exposed to, including things that have been brought into this world after our bodies started, that we aren't dead is a testament to how smart our bodies are at what they do. Deliberately omitting the intelligent design discussion to save Peelee's red text.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

  12. - Top - End - #1392
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Generalization versus specialization is a false dichotomy, one way of being generalized is to have multiple specialized functions and this is arguably superior to having a single generalized function cover those roles.

    Granted, that comes with a trade-off in complexity and thus resource consumption but, you know how it goes.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jasdoif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon, USA

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Granted, that comes with a trade-off in complexity and thus resource consumption but, you know how it goes.
    Yes, that's why the debate between generalization and specialization is eternal.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

  14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mystic Muse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Odd, random question.

    Anybody here have very, very vivid dreams about restaurants or food that exist in places you've been, but those restaurants/food don't actually exist?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2023-09-20 at 09:07 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #1395
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Domino Quartz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Odd, random question.

    Anybody here have very, very vivid dreams about restaurants or food that exist in places you've been, but those restaurants/food don't actually exist?
    Yes, I have. I don't remember them well enough to give any details, though.
    Spoiler: Out-of-context quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...He would have to stay there permanently (without cake, somehow not breathing) for the prophecy to be fulfilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Maybe Blackwing is a Schrödinger's familiar.
    Any given member of the Order needs to do a quantum measurement to see if they remember him

    Azurite Name Inspirations
    Rich is a better writer than that!
    Free speech?
    3DS friend code: 3024-8274-5412
    3DS name: Ignispirus
    Friend Safari: Ghost - Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Spiritomb

  16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mystic Muse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino Quartz View Post
    Yes, I have. I don't remember them well enough to give any details, though.
    It's usually fictional restaurants in places that are real for me.

    -Seafood restaurants in places I've been to in Florida.
    -Random hole-in-the-wall places up at where my grandma lived.
    -Miyazaki level food stands in some random place I've been before.

    Things like that.

  17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TaiLiu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So apparently there was a meme going around a few years ago saying that you rap name was "Lil" and then the last reason you were at the hospital.

    so.. Mine is "Lil Inexplicable Two-Foot-Bloodclott," but back before I was 18 it was "Lil Inexplicable Kindey Stone"
    Oo! Mine is Little Psychiatric Problems! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Hey everyone. Today I got my updated COVID shot and flu shot at Duane Reade.
    Nice! And thank you. I actually didn't know new COVID shots came out before you said it. Planning on getting it soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    This? This is part of why I'm a transhumanist. Could really use someone to go in and trim out some of the junk and patch some of the glitches in the source code. At a bare minimum.
    I think this is a little unfair to our body. Computer programs can have glitches cuz they're made for a purpose. We weren't, so I don't think it's fair to say that we have glitches or junk or anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    We are alive because even after one organ failure resulted in a loss of signal to the distributed network of cells that we call a body, and the loss of signal triggered alternative sourcing for energy instead of cells all deactivating, and a side effect of that alternate sourcing was an increase in body acidity; a system of pH balancing buffers resisted the resulting acid long enough that we could be treated before a cascading effect on biochemical processes succeeded in killing us.
    I'm not sure what this means.

  18. - Top - End - #1398
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Hmm. I don't think I'd have agreed with you even before "rogue blood vessels tearing the retina off the back of an eyeball" was on my list of diabetes complications; low blood sugar's really annoying, sure, but it's still an opportunity to have delicious cereal/cookies/candy without needing to worry (as much or as soon). Though at the same time, I'd probably put "shoving metal through skin multiple times per day every single day" as the nastiest, which might not apply to not-type-I diabetics.

    We are alive because even after one organ failure resulted in a loss of signal to the distributed network of cells that we call a body, and the loss of signal triggered alternative sourcing for energy instead of cells all deactivating, and a side effect of that alternate sourcing was an increase in body acidity; a system of pH balancing buffers resisted the resulting acid long enough that we could be treated before a cascading effect on biochemical processes succeeded in killing us.
    Entirely reasonable! That sounds incredibly horrible and I'm sorry you've experienced it!

    I'll admit that I didn't actually find the needle part of diabetes that troublesome when I had it. I have one of those clicky smart injectors that are like a Star Trek hypospray, which was unpleasant but not in a way that makes me, person who has like two to five vials of blood drawn every five months, all that troubled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Odd, random question.

    Anybody here have very, very vivid dreams about restaurants or food that exist in places you've been, but those restaurants/food don't actually exist?
    On occasion, though not recently enough to remember anything. Though also last night I had a dream slightly related, involving being in a mall and going dancing with you and Qwerty.

  19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    I think this is a little unfair to our body. Computer programs can have glitches cuz they're made for a purpose. We weren't, so I don't think it's fair to say that we have glitches or junk or anything.
    *shakes head* The universe does not care if things are fair or unfair, if things does or doesn't work. Therefore its irrelevant to declare that its unfair to our bodies. The universe doesn't have feelings to care about this, we do, and bodies could work better. My body is a machine granted to me, and I decide its purpose and therefore whether its glitching is up for me to determine, as with everyone. after all, a body not matching one's gender I'd say is a pretty major glitch of that body.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".


  20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TaiLiu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    *shakes head* The universe does not care if things are fair or unfair, if things does or doesn't work. Therefore its irrelevant to declare that its unfair to our bodies. The universe doesn't have feelings to care about this, we do, and bodies could work better. My body is a machine granted to me, and I decide its purpose and therefore whether its glitching is up for me to determine, as with everyone. after all, a body not matching one's gender I'd say is a pretty major glitch of that body.
    I agree. We all decide if our own bodies are working right or not. I'm disagreeing with a more general claim: that human bodies in general are flawed.

  21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jasdoif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon, USA

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Human bodies be stupid. How are we alive at all.
    We are alive because even after one organ failure resulted in a loss of signal to the distributed network of cells that we call a body, and the loss of signal triggered alternative sourcing for energy instead of cells all deactivating, and a side effect of that alternate sourcing was an increase in body acidity; a system of pH balancing buffers resisted the resulting acid long enough that we could be treated before a cascading effect on biochemical processes succeeded in killing us.
    I'm not sure what this means.
    Short version, I listed three separate bodily functions stalling the progression from "stopped producing (enough) insulin" to "dead", long enough for diabetes to be identified and treated. It's very easy to think human bodies are stupid due to the convolution, as I did for quite some time; but when you think about the everything a body has to deal with it is, in fact, remarkable the kinds of conditions and timespans in which it can continue operating.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'll admit that I didn't actually find the needle part of diabetes that troublesome when I had it. I have one of those clicky smart injectors that are like a Star Trek hypospray, which was unpleasant but not in a way that makes me, person who has like two to five vials of blood drawn every five months, all that troubled.
    I may be biased because I was twelve and had a fear of needles....and also because I had callouses on all my fingers from the finger-poking glucometers up until a few years ago. (The continual glucose monitoring things hurt a heck of a lot more when being applied, but compared to poking the side of a finger 70+ times over the same time period?)
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2023-09-20 at 11:36 PM.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

  22. - Top - End - #1402
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Metz, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    My rap name is apparently either "Lil Clubfoot" or, if you count examination procedures, "Lil Colonoscopy".
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

  23. - Top - End - #1403
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Hour run snd hour swim today. The hour swim is a pretty normal oart of my gym routine, a nice cooldown feom the actual exercise while giving the bonus of cross-training because why not. The hour run was a very pleasant surprise.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

    Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

  24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    On the topic of pleasant workout stories, I just exercised for the first time in almost a week after getting knocked on my ass by the flu and wasn't sure I would even have the energy to finish but instead it gave me such a boost of energy that I can barely sit still and finally feel like myself again. I'm normally neutral at best towards working out (I do it for the same reason I clean my apartment: because I like the result, not because I enjoy the activity) but this one was a genuine pleasure.

  25. - Top - End - #1405
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    There's all kinds of stuff that's funky like that.

    Why are we physically capable to reproducing before we're, on average, emotionally mature enough to perform the act let alone actually raise a child?
    Callous answer: that's probably because "emotional maturity" has a rather low relevance from an evolutionary perspective. Otherwise: humans are social animals that develop very slowly and the individual harbouring individual ambitions and shouldering individual burdens as a perceived positive is a relatively modern notion.

    Why can we grow back our livers and fingertips but not heal a spinal injury?
    Mammals (not restricted to humans) are notably bad at replenishing their supplies of nerve tissue.

    Why is our ability to self-repair noticeably inferior to the amount of damage we accrue form continuous use?
    Gee, why doesn't every organism ever live for an arbitrarily long (to the point of being indefinite) amount of time by default? (Also: stuff erodes. This isn't a human problem. Yes, PLANTIES (like me!) are way better at fixing ourselves, but even that has its limits.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Hour run snd hour swim today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Hour run snd
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    snd
    Federal acronym for Systemic N-Durance Development, I'll assume?
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-09-22 at 02:21 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #1406
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Federal acronym for Systemic N-Durance Development, I'll assume?
    Here's a pretty barebones list.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

    Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

  27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Here's a pretty barebones list.
    I'm skeptical of the fact that no acronym is on the list twice. I don't trust any government that fond of acronyms not to use the same one for at least, like, four different things.

  28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jasdoif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon, USA

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I'm skeptical of the fact that no acronym is on the list twice. I don't trust any government that fond of acronyms not to use the same one for at least, like, four different things.
    Reusing an existing acronym means a lost opportunity to use a new acronym, though. Fondness is a many-splendored, and many-faceted, thing.
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2023-09-22 at 03:55 PM.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

  29. - Top - End - #1409
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Here's a pretty barebones list.
    …and now, all I can think of is that there must (okay, should) be a way to turn SAUSA into SAUSAGE while staying withion official guidleines.

  30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jasdoif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon, USA

    Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    …and now, all I can think of is that there must (okay, should) be a way to turn SAUSA into SAUSAGE while staying withion official guidleines.
    Obviously(?), SAUSAGE is Special Assistant to the United States Attorney GEneral.
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2023-09-22 at 03:59 PM.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •