New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Don't care about their stuff.' Orla will glance up for any windows that were close enough for potential witnesses. 'Just saying we shouldn't hang about. Just in case.' Orla will pass Marcella her gun. She still had an autopistol on her.

To Arl, 'Nice shot.'

Maecella nodded in agreement, "I think you're right," she concurred.

She hurriedly helped to remove the comms, then flee the scene with her fellow Acolytes.

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    milo sighs. "real nice shock cane tho" he says, tucking it inside his jacket, where a single long pocket is. "nobodys gonna notice" he says soothingly to marcella. "the pocket has an inbuilt null sensor. ill take it and get it stripped of all the frills" its quite obvious that milo is very unwilling to part with this
    Marc will just stare at Milo for a few long seconds, her impassive expression making it hard to determine what she was thinking, though it was clearly nothing positive.

Finally shaking her head in visible disappointment, she helped grabbed the comms off the downed Star Guards and then got the hell out of there with the others.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-04 at 04:03 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Marcella poured a part of her mind into the skull of the flamboyantly dressed man - right after it was almost blown off by Arl.

Flinching gently, smelling and seeing the blood, Marc seized the mans faculties and directed him over to kneel with the others, where he would be bound.

"Go to sleep," she said softly, the mans eyes closing as he slumped down next to his fellows.
    The man's eyes go wide for a brief moment as Marcella's will overrides his own, then a moment later he is slumping to the ground, lids heavy.

milo sighs. "real nice shock cane tho" he says, tucking it inside his jacket, where a single long pocket is. "nobodys gonna notice" he says soothingly to marcella. "the pocket has an inbuilt null sensor. ill take it and get it stripped of all the frills" its quite obvious that milo is very unwilling to part with this
    (OOC: Since when? I'll rule that there is enough robe to keep the cane hidden under, as long as Milo keeps one arm under the robe holding it to his chest. Since it is essentially modeled after a walking cane, there would be no way of securing it to a belt or hiding it any better then that. But unless I missed something, he is wearing the same robes as everyone else and has nothing special to hide it with)

Even just a few seconds after the man in the red coat fall asleep, questioning voices can be heard outside the alley. Several gunshots had been fired (not all of them silenced) and it was likely that the fighting had begun to draw some attention. It was probably best the group got out of dodge quickly, and maybe even looked for an alternative route of escape...

"Like I said, he prolly could buy'n'sell this plannet... 'es free to come and go as he will, not like us folk. I've ne'er even been beyond midhive - it just is sumfin interest'n to me."
    "Sure, sure," Pip says, bobbing his head in tacit agreement.

(OOC: Trying to prompt you to ask some questions so you can get some info out of the scene.)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

After finally managing to knock out Serellia, Hound looks up at the rest of the team. "We do not have time to waste on trying to obfuscate what happened here, and in any case, once they wake up, these people will be able to tell the Enforcers exactly what happened if they wish to do so. We should continue on to Drimmle's abode immediately, but not by leaving this alley the way we came. Let's see where it leads if we continue down it," he suggests.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As previously mentioned, the alley sits between a luxurious looking apartment building of blackened glass and polished plasteel, and an expensive looking grocery store. Lining the alley are a number of vacuum sealed waste bins (clearly for the market), each large enough to store a week's worth of refuse. Further down, it looks like there is a stairwell up to a back door for the market, which is probably locked. There are also black painted iron ladders hanging from the apartment building that lead to a fire escape that climbs up the hotel. Up ahead, the alley turns around the apartment, making it hard to determine if it dead ends or feeds out onto another street.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    After finally managing to knock out Serellia, Hound looks up at the rest of the team. "We do not have time to waste on trying to obfuscate what happened here, and in any case, once they wake up, these people will be able to tell the Enforcers exactly what happened if they wish to do so. We should continue on to Drimmle's abode immediately, but not by leaving this alley the way we came. Let's see where it leads if we continue down it," he suggests.
    Marcella nods.

"I agree, lets get going. Though something tells me these guys want to avoid official attention as much as we do" she said as she picked up into a jog with the others to flee the scene.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-04 at 11:52 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

milo nods, tucking the shock cane under his arm, and moving along with them
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-09-06 at 03:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Let's find out where the alley leads. If it's a dead end, we take the stairs," Hound suggests.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The acolytes take haste, rushing down the alley. They pass the back entrance to the market and the railing up to the fire escape, just as concerned voices start to take shape at the lip of the alley. The alley does indeed round the towering apartment complex, the pathing becoming a walkway entering onto a ground level pleasure terrace, complete with a clear blue 50 meter lounging pool, a currently unmanned marble cocktail bar, and a spacious grass field for playing Fezy Ball (a racquet ball based four person game favored by only the wealthiest elderly in Hapheastein). Because of the hour, the entire space is nearly empty, except for a pair of barely robed women sunning themselves by the pool. The two are clearly the benefactors of one too many rejuv treatments, their faces both smooth, yet lined with age. They seem to have heard nothing of the gunshots, or are perhaps too privileged to care, and barely pay any attention to the mob of Credit Guilders who come stumbling onto the terrace.

Though security cameras are abound, no one reacts to the acolytes. There appears to be two exits to the yard, though both appear to require some sort of card clearance (based on the black boxes next to the doors). The yard does feed back into the apartment complex; gold leaf-work cherubs adorn the onyx glass doors. And across the yard, it looks like there is a large enclosed multilevel parking garage, likely large enough to house over twenty personal vehicles.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post

"Sure, sure," Pip says, bobbing his head in tacit agreement.

(OOC: Trying to prompt you to ask some questions so you can get some info out of the scene.)
    "When 'is ship comes 'ere, 'lessen he's a tourist, 'es gotta get stuff on an' off 'is ship with cargo shuttles... Where do they go? I mean, the toffs are all trying to outdo wunnandder... who are 'is people?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Moving through just a taste of the palaces of luxury available to those who dwelled here, Marcella mentally contrasted the paradise with the squalid puddle called 'life' down in the Underhive. The clean, safe streets. The shops full of goods. The adorable bars. Green fields. Swimming pools. A part of her would love to try and raise the money to somehow ingratiate herself into this lifestyle. Maybe flutter her pretty brown eyes towards some young, single noble's son? But she knew she could never fit in. Her mind was a corridor into the Warp, into a realm of horrors and malevolent entities that would drive the normal citizenry mad through sheer exposure. As useful a tool as her mental abilities were now for their investigation, the Scholastia Psykana and the Inquisition would never let her reside here unsupervised.

Besides. She had a duty to use her incredibly rare gift in service of the Emperor and mankind, so that beauty like this could still exist, even if only some could experience it. The Emperor had seen fit to make hers a life of service, and so she would do her best to fulfil it. The millions around her depended on it, even if they didn't know it.

"Maybe we should cut through the apartment complex," Marcella gestured to the others.

"Drimmle's hab is in Spire Corona, we should be able to cut through the foyer of the apartment complex and onto another street that will take us there."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-05 at 08:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Orla moves briskly but without apparent worry. As if she'd been in a situation like this before. She'll nod to Marcella, 'Trying to steal a car might be a bit risky. At worse there's bound to be a service door or a window in there somewhere. Might set an alarm off but we can't do much about that now. Same deal with the cameras.'

As they approach the terrace Orla will keep an eye out for any personal bags that might have been left outside. Finding someone's keycard might make things easier, although the rich ladies likely kept their cards too close to be easy to steal.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Awareness vs. Per 39 (Awareness +10)
    (1d100)[52]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Give the clientele who inhabit this tower, it seems highly likely that there will be security or at the very least a doorman in the foyer. We may not draw attention on the streets while dressed as Guilders, but if we enter the tower and just walk right through it, I believe that would register as strange and could lead to us being challenged," Hound objected.

"That garage over there may provide a more circumspect way through. We would be taking a chance, but there is usually more than one entrance and exit in such a structure and our presence should be less noteworthy if there's anyone inside," he suggested.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

"knowing the spire, most doormen arent armed, but they can whistle up the arbites real quick" milo says, keeping his face neutral "lets try hounds idea"

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Listening to the others suggestion to instead use the garage, given it was likely a nexus of motor vehicle roads and coming and going was more incognito, Marcella nodded.

"Good idea - yes, the garage!" she agreed.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

'Whatever works.' Orla muttered. Anticipating that she might need it, she'll retrieve the thin piece of metal that she uses to pick locks from her pocket.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"When 'is ship comes 'ere, 'lessen he's a tourist, 'es gotta get stuff on an' off 'is ship with cargo shuttles... Where do they go? I mean, the toffs are all trying to outdo wunnandder... who are 'is people?
    The man grins, showing his maw of rotted teeth and all the black void behind them. And when he laughs, Arl gets the full force of his breath; all sour alcohol and boiled onions. "Where do they go," he parrots the question, grinning like he caught the bird in its cage. He leans forward and whispers, "We all know where they go," and winks a a lizard like wink at Arl. Still leaning forward furtively, "The real question ish, what ish he bringi'in." He burps in Arl's face. "I've sheen the ship logsh," Pip says, his grin widening expectantly at Arl's interest. With very little prompting he closes, "I know that the Rogue Trader'sh been goin' where he shouldn' be goin'... He'sh been goin' out to the Purgatory Ring, and that'sh no mansh land. The real queshtion, is what in Terra he'sh bringin' back. That'sh what I ashk myshelf."

While Orla scans the area, she finds nothing of particular interest or concern.

After a hurried discussion, the Acolytes choose the garage. Moving swiftly across the yard, they can hear voices coming back from the alley, though distant. Hopefully, whomever followed them was taking their time with the downed security team, though who knew how much time the group had. To everyone's relief, the women sunning themselves continue to pay no mind to the group. In fact, drawing closer to the pool as they cross the terrace, the acolytes can hear faint snores coming from one of the women. Still, likely best not to linger.

The garage is a large single story ferrocrete structure in the functional shape of a three dimensional rectangle. As previously noticed the main access point was an electronically locked door with a card scanner. The most straight forward access was probably trying to crack the electric lock. However, down the way from the access point was a single plexiglass window at about head height. Perhaps someone could get past the glass and climb through the window... Though there were probably other creative ways of gaining access to the garage.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

'How are you lot with tech anyway? I might have to fiddle with the wires but I'll get it open eventually.' Orla will gesture towards the windows. 'Unless one of you can break the glass quietly.' Who knew what Marcella was capable of.

Show

Pausing here for others input before Orla rolls secruity

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

"I can shut all the electronics off," Marc offered slowly with a shrug, "but unless it's a magnetic lock instead of a mechanical latch, then that'll just turn off our only means to open the door, won't it?"

Thinking for half a second, "maybe it's best you open it."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

milo shrugs "i know the basics of tek-obeisance, but not how to pop a card-lock. he looks around, eyeballing for any ways up
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-09-12 at 02:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

'Ok then. Maybe stand behind me so it doesn't look to obvious.' Orla will get to work.

Show

Security vs. Ag 44
    (1d100)[51]
    Fate point if needed
    (1d100)[52]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"If Orla is unsuccessful, you should try your mind trick on it. It is an electrical device, so turning it off should enable us to push the door open while the locking mechanism is shut down. If I am wrong, we will be in no worse a position than we are now," Hound suggests.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marc's eyes shifted upwards to look at Hound as he started to speak, and then nodded in acknowledgement of his suggestion.

Stepping back, Marc gave Orla the room she needed, ready to help out if needed.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

After a bit of unscrewing, Orla pulls open the casing to the card scanner and begins fiddling with the wires. Seconds go by, and nothing happens. More seconds go by, and it is starting to feel like minutes, but still the door won't open. Voices from the alley seem to be drawing closer. Finally, Marcella offers to try doing things her way, and the others step back.

(OOC: Orla is down to 1/2 FP now)

The psyker grits her teeth as she reaches out to the machine spirit within the security system. Despite her target, the lights on the patio all go out, even as the door to the garage slides open with a groan. Fortunately it is still day, the twin suns beating hot and bright overhead, making the electrical "malfunction" harder to notice.

The acolytes hurry inside, the last member almost getting the back of their robed snagged as the door seals itself shut with another groan. Just as the door closes, the lights in the garage turn back on. There are a handful of vehicles, all passenger class four wheelers, mostly luxury models that most would be unable to afford.

Assuming, the acolytes are looking to drive out of the garage, I won't make them roll to find an unlocked vehicle. Living in the lap of luxury, and storing their vehicle in a secure garage, one of the spire dwellers is likely to have left their car unlocked. However, while a roll isn't necessary at this time, someone will need the drive (ground vehicle) skill to safely control the vehicle.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

If they were stealing a car Orla will look around for the least colourful option out of habit. Ideally, if anyone saw the car leave the garage, it should be as hard to identify as possible. 'You know, I know a guy if we're taking one of these with us and we want to get rid of it after. He'll probably give me a good price for it as well.' If no one seemed that enthusiatic, 'Or we find somewhere out of the way to dump it.'

Show

Orla has Drive Ground Vehicle because she's obviously done this before at some point

Will take direction here

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marc exhaled as she felt her psyche touch into the pool of the Warp again, the ensuing tentacle surging around the electronic lock and scrambled its circuitry, relaxing its grip upon the door before the group hurried through. Swallowing, feeling the lights going out, and perhaps other electronics, for even the short time the ripple through the warp was active, the Psyker exhaled and looked about her as the scent of asphalt, tyre rubber and oil hit her in the nostrils.

'You know, I know a guy if we're taking one of these with us and we want to get rid of it after. He'll probably give me a good price for it as well.' If no one seemed that enthusiatic, 'Or we find somewhere out of the way to dump it.'
    Marc wasn't sure if they should steal a car. Maybe they could just walk? That was their original plan and they couldn't have detoured that far away from the street they had been on previously. But maybe a car would be quicker, and they could always ditch it a block away from Corona Spire and leg it the rest of the way. And while they were inside the vehicle, they were off the streets and away from prying eyes - which they knew there'd still be two of, at least, on the streets.

Unsure of which idea to support, the Psyker felt it best to listen to Arl's advice on the matter, her eyes moving from Orla as he spoke, then swiveling over to look at the assassin for his thoughts.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-10 at 10:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Commandeering a vehicle would be a logical course of action if there were hostiles in close pursuit and our main aim was to escape as quickly as possible. In my estimation, this situation does not appear to call for such measures. Our current goal is to continue onwards towards Sir Drimmle's abode without drawing further attention. Availing ourselves of one of these vehicles is not conducive to maintaining a low profile," Hound ventures his opinion.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

'You're probably right.' Orla conceded. 'Assuming there's another way out of here.' Orla will go looking for another way out, and will keep an eye out for any staff that might be in the area.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marc turned her head to listen to Hound, a small smile crossing her face as she nodded in agreement.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Arl nodded. The simpler the plan, the less likely it was to go off the rails.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

milo looks around, and considers "lets go with group consensus" he says, and will follow
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-09-12 at 02:19 PM.