New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

The group proceed across the garage towards the exit door. To their relief, a motion sensor near the wall triggers the brass plated doors to slide apart. Now several blocks away from where they made their escape, the acolytes are able to move a little more freely, but would be wise to look out for further surveillance. What is their next move?
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marc remained quiet and amidst the taller members of the group as they all departed the garage, leaving behind the scent of asphalt and oil to emerge into the open streets of the upper hive. Artificial, clean air pushed against her face as the psyker inhaled a lungful, blinking and looking about to make sure they weren't followed.

"That's four down," she said quietly, "two more on the street patrol and six with Drimmle. If they're not on maximum alert now, they will be by the time we get there. Drimmle's hab is at the Corona Spire and is a short walk from here. Maybe approach off the main streets?
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

'No argument here. And maybe it'll make it harder for someone to follow us from all this.'

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The group start their walk through the streets of the upper hive, back towards Drimmle's manse. Compared to the congested, litter filled walkways of the midhive, things are open and quiet and clean this high up. The acolytes wisely chose to therefore follow side streets and alleys, winding their way closer and closer to Ser Drimmle's compound. Soon enough the group are a few blocks away from the property, near enough to see the house climbing above the other nearby buildings. His manse is built of white marble in a classic Terran style, all sculpted columns and cream brick, papered with a climbing ivy with leaves that range from a burned orange to a bright yellow, to a fiery red.

The group have blue prints of the entire compound and have previously broken in through a side door which the acolytes have a passcode for (assuming it was still active). However, something gives Marcella pause as they look out over the rooftops at the mansion. Studding various balconies and window sills are a number of new security cameras, which were not there previously. Drimmle had clearly beefed up his "defenses" since the acolytes had last broken into his home and trashed the place.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marc took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the hav, it's gorgeous marble columns and the craftsmanship of its graceful, yet strong edifice. She wondered for a moment how many thrones it would take to own a place like that, let alone maintaini and sustain it.

While the group decided how to approach and penetrate the new security, including the cameras she pointed out, the psyker tilted her head a little to whisper to Orla "he's not married. Would you shack up with him to live there as Dame Orla?" she smirked.

"Do we want to try to appeal to his better judgement and just knock on the front door to let us in and resolve the issue? Or try to sneak in again like last time? He's doubtless reinforced that secret door and changed the codes." she asked the others.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Marcella

Marc took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the hav, it's gorgeous marble columns and the craftsmanship of its graceful, yet strong edifice. She wondered for a moment how many thrones it would take to own a place like that, let alone maintaini and sustain it.

While the group decided how to approach and penetrate the new security, including the cameras she pointed out, the psyker tilted her head a little to whisper to Orla "he's not married. Would you shack up with him to live there as Dame Orla?" she smirked.

"Do we want to try to appeal to his better judgement and just knock on the front door to let us in and resolve the issue? Or try to sneak in again like last time? He's doubtless reinforced that secret door and changed the codes." she asked the others.
    Arl mulls the question for a moment, then smiles.

"Let us try the secret passage first -- this is supposed to be covert, after all..." shooting a glance at the cleric.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    'Maybe for the ID. Or if he's pretty' Orla replied. Orla agrees with Arl, 'If you were him would you let you lot in willingly?'

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

"lets try the back door" milo says. "push comes to shove, maybe i can fry the lock with this thing i acquired"
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-09-19 at 04:38 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The group moves furtively through the alleys to the side of the property, where a secret door is hidden by a patch of climbing ivy. But when the group try the passcode again, a red light flashes across the top of the keypad and their access is immediately denied.

(OOC: So Marcella could try her trick again, though it could also backfire. I will roll for it this time. Otherwise, could try a security test, or could try another means of entry)

Spoiler: OOC Wynde
    Show
    Don't forget the other scene, where I am waiting for you to reply.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Orla will go take a look at the lock. 'Is this the sort of lock where an alarm going to go off if I break it open.' Unless someone decides to stop her she'll look into getting the door open.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Scrutiny test on the lock
    vs. Per 39 / 2
    (1d100)[29]

Security test unless she notices a reason not to fiddle with the lock
    vs. Ag 44
    (1d100)[82]

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Maybe for the ID. Or if he's pretty' Orla replied. Orla agrees with Arl, 'If you were him would you let you lot in willingly?'
    The Psyker stiffled a snicker as she looked at Orla with an amused smile and shook her head, as if to say 'No, he's not, he's below mid.'.

Marcella then moved with the rest of the group as they snuck in the back way, seemingly avoiding the main vigilance of the cameras. Last time the Psyker had been one to rap upon the front door, and so this was a new experience for her - she'd never seen the secret tunnel before! It was rather exciting.

Wearing a bright smile on her face as the group shuffled through the more narrow corridor of the hidden entrance, she came to a halt and waited as Orla and Milo got to work on the door, fiddling with its systems and entering codes. When the initial attempt at gaining entrance was greeted with the flash of a red light, the Psyker pursed her lips. Seemingly zoning out and staring off into space, she mentally inhaled before pushing her psyche outwards in all directions, like an expanding spiders web that threaded itself through the warp and across the local immaterium, feeling for the mental presence of any one else who might be nearby, and where they were. Specifically, Drimmle and any other occupants of his abode...
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-14 at 07:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"We should expect Drimmle to have posted some extra security at this entrance," Hound notes dispassionately. "Those best equipped for a gunfight - preferably with silenced weapons - should lead the way inside once the door is open."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Orla will shrug at that and draw her knife. The gun would be for emergencies.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Neither Orla, nor Father Milo can tell much about the security system and what would happen if tampered with. Regardless, pretty quickly into inspecting the circuitry of the access pad, Orla realizes she is outmatched.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

milo will look at the lock, and pull the shock cane out. "want me to try to fry it, or should we let our witch deal with it" he asks

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Brute force is more likely to set off an alarm or cause the system to lock down. Let Acolyte Marcella try her mind tricks first," Hound says.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

In case it was needed Orla will take a moment to see if there was an easy route to climb up to one of Drimmle's balconies. If the only way to get up there was to climb in full view of the cameras, there was probably little point in making the attempt.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Marcella reaches out with her mind, extending her awareness of intelligent life around her. Given the breadth of her growing powers, the psyker's awareness spreads far and wide. Though not as heavily populated as the midhive, here in the spire, there are hundreds if not close to a thousand minds in a kilometer's reach of Marcella. The sea of consciousnesses all going about their days, filled with petty thoughts, personal vendetta's, goals and aspirations threatens to swallow the psyker's own sense of self. Given that the spire is literally a vertical city, Marcella is aware of minds above and below her, and stretching out in all directions before her. Focusing in on the local area reduces the overwhelming rushing whirlwind of thoughts, and Marcella can tell that there are at least three or four individuals within Drimmle's compound, and with additional focus can find Ser Drimmle's consciousness within his own manse.

Orla sees that the vines climb up and down the stone walls of the gate that surround Drimmle's home. These could likely be climbed, but the wall is high enough that at some point the climber would be visible to those on the street or in neighboring buildings. As it was there were security cameras all over, though of course it would be possible to find a spot to climb within their blind spot.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

To the others, but really mostly to Arl who looked like he might be capable of it, 'If we can't get the door open, how is everyone at climbing anyway? If you can avoid the cameras I bet it'd be a lot easier to get in up there.'

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marc seemed zoned out as her mind roamed the constellations of human psyches, each dot of light a person and a summary of decades of living and experience. Out of the thousands her mental fingertips ran over, it was one in particular that she was interested in, one that was huddled among the 3 to 4 within the vicinity of Drimmles compound...the man himself.

'Ser Drimmle...' Marcs gentle, soft voice would emanate into the mans mind as she telepathically communicated with him - a presence within his skull audible to him and him alone.

'Ser Drimmle...you disappoint us...open the security door and let us in...cooperate...the Inquisition knows your name...the Inquisition knows your crimes...you only delay the inevitable...there is nowhere in this solar system where you can hide from us...no security that we cannot penetrate...there is no salvation from us...there is only salvation through us...'

"He's on the first floor, with only two to three guards with him now...but there could be servitors..." Marcella announced to the group, her eyes glazed over as she stared forward, her voice monotonous.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-17 at 06:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

milo grins ferally. "i hope there is no objection to softening up drimmle with a few shocks" he says. "personally, i feel it's been too long since hes felt a good touch of pain" he cracks a rictus "blessed are those with the gift of aggression, for they have the strength to be the sword of the emperor, the spear of the formation, and a bulwark against darkness"

the shock cane

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is a sudden sound of static that comes from keypad, and then Drimmle's voice, is peevish displeasure clear a day. He says, "Why don't you come to my front gate and knock like civilized people." This is followed by a second, more insistent, "And GET OUT of my head!" The static cuts.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

milo sighs "**** with us, **** with the emperor" he says. "why dont you just let us in, and we wont make a mess of your furniture." he spreads his arms like a demagogue "how would you like to be known as a traitor to the imperium, and consulting with bad people to boot?"

his eyes narrow at the keypad "come quietly, or i swear on my jacket i will not make it pretty for you. you wanna come out, or do we have to drag you kicking, screaming, and bloodied to somewhere cold and dark?"

"also, who said we were civilized? you could have any number of traps and such. just let us in, and this will be over"
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-09-17 at 11:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Either because there is no microphone to the key pad, or because Drimmle is ignoring him, there is no reply.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

To Marcella, 'If time isn't an issue you could always annoy him into opening the door. How do you reckon he'd feel about never sleeping again?'

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    To Marcella, 'If time isn't an issue you could always annoy him into opening the door. How do you reckon he'd feel about never sleeping again?'
    Marcella smirks like a naughty child anticipating mischief, bringing her hand to her mouth and giggling into it.

"Give him a personal rendition of my singing throughout the night?" she giggled mischievously, before shaking her head and waving her right hand in a 'no Im kidding, I wouldn't' gesture.

"Hey, he can't hear you..." her soft voice almosr giggled as she caught Milo's attention.

"Let's just go through the front: he's got two to three staff with him now. We should be able to handle it if he's planning something."

She paused "or Orla and I can go up through the second floor balcony, while you guys go through the front?"
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-17 at 08:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

milo shrugs "i say we stick together" he says coldly, grey eyes staring at the keypad. "once he lets us in, be prepared for anything. i want to give this noble slimeball a taste of his own medicine" then his eyes wander back to the keypad "can you jinx it open" he asks marcella. "if drimmle wants us to come around front, then hes got something planned. best to come in storm and fury"
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-09-18 at 10:53 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

The Psyker pursed her lips and shook her head gently.

"It's imprecise. It'll shut down everything in about fifty meters. That's several entire floors in this hab that'll go dark..."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

milo sighs "alright, front door it is. stay frosty, and be prepared for it to go ploin-shaped" he cracks a grin at marcella. "isnt that what you voidies drink? ive heard its an acquired taste" he turns to hound "i suggest we go in teams of two. front door, stay sharp, and dont get cocky"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"While I agree that we will need to be ready for an ambush, there is little point in playing at Arbites when he's invited us to come through the front door. We know from last time that he has pict recorders there that will show him everything we're doing. You are welcome to "take point" and ring the doorbell, but please do not begin shooting anyone until we are safely inside and have taken stock of the situation," Hound answers Milo.