New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    am back. father milo needed some time to clear his head.

soo where are we?

We're in the antechamber where the combat took place, negotiating that Drimmle pays his Star Goons so that they can go away and keep their mouths shut (and delete the recording of the combat), so that we can verify the documents Drimmle gave us and then depart the manse. Should we do all that, we would've just gotten through, relatively in tact, the most violent and brutal encounter we've been in in the game lol.

(so far)

And the Star Guard wants their mastercrafted shock-maul back. The one that Milo took earlier. They want it returned.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

hmm. well father milo doesnt want to give up this shock maul, but then again they are a lot more heavily armed, and i dont wanna lose a fp

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Might be best to hand it over, even begrudgingly .
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-12-26 at 11:17 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Banana: Does Marcella plan on keeping her word? Otherwise, I will need a deceive test here.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yup. She's added the little clause that he can wake up if he wants (i.e not go through with it) out in the open, so she's not trying to deceive him.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

So Drimmle's requesting suicide by Inquisition? Hound could just shoot him in the head, you know...

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    So Drimmle's requesting suicide by Inquisition? Hound could just shoot him in the head, you know...
    Haha yeah, Drimmle is basicaly asking Marc to kill him. He's asking her because she's seen into his thoughts.

Marc is a relatively gentle person and has apprehensions about it. So she's thinking she'll put him to sleep in a loop of his best memories, so he can wake up from it if he wants to (i.e decides not to off himself). Alternatively, he could remain alseep at which point he'll die of dehydration in a few days.

Marcs hope is that he'll come to his senses with some sleep (i.e Drimmle spends all this exp reducing his Insanity points) and wakes up.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-12-27 at 07:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

good call ms psyker!

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

fyi, i feel milos family life can be summed up by cheap tricks surrender

"mommys all right daddys all right, they just seem a little weird"

also, lemme keep cooking up homebrew dh1e talents

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you all for the patience! Happy almost New Years everyone!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Likewise! Still twelve hours to go here, but it's not like I'll be hanging out at my computer just then...

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Happy New Years all!

13. - Top - End - #463
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Happy New Year, one and all!!

Arl isn't picking a fight as much as he's reminding the security goons they are not in control of the situation...

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

i mean, they think they are, but with a litttle application of inquisitorial muscle, the whole house of cards comes down

happy new years!

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Not sure if Marc needed to make a social roll there. She's just questioning what she sees as gaping holes in the logic of the Star Guards being unphased about keeping the recordings, she's not trying to persuade or intimidate them, but if her questioning causes them to re-think it, great. Kinda like questioning the wisdom of someone about to stick a fork in a toaster, kinda thing.

But if she needs one, then I'll roll: (1d100)[60] vs TN 11 + whatever bonuses for the situation.

(Maybe use her Int (43, or 22 for untrained skill, so TN would be 22 + whatever bonuses deemed fit) instead of Fel, given she's trying to persuade through reason instead of through force of personality)
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-01-01 at 07:15 AM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Again and finally, Happy New Year. As a celebration and a show of appreciation, I am updating everyone's character boxes with 150xp. I know I have repeated myself a lot this year, but thank you for your patience and thank you for sticking with the game. Glad to have this game still running and glad to have you with me.

IC post coming shortly.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Happy New Years to you too, and I hope things get better for everyone in their corner of the world ^_^.

I'll wait for Rax to post, as he'll seemingly have the deciding voice (in Marc's mind anyway) as to whether to let the Guards go and dob them into the local authorities later, or whether to deal with them now.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Happy New Years to you too, and I hope things get better for everyone in their corner of the world ^_^.

I'll wait for Rax to post, as he'll seemingly have the deciding voice (in Marc's mind anyway) as to whether to let the Guards go and dob them into the local authorities later, or whether to deal with them now.
    Arl pretty much wants to dress nicely with the rosette and have a 'chat' with the guy's supervisor's supervisor.

There are far worse things you can do to people than shoot them.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound finds all these recalcitrant recidivists extremely annoying and wants to get back to lab work.

But killing them now is only going to make more of a mess, so he'll support letting them go for now.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Hound finds all these recalcitrant recidivists extremely annoying and wants to get back to lab work.

But killing them now is only going to make more of a mess, so he'll support letting them go for now.
    aww, we got a labcoat among us?

maybe you should stick to your notes, and let the big boys handle things

i jest
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2024-01-02 at 06:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I am operating under the impression the group is still roleplaying, and maybe Marcella is waiting on Hound?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Nah, Rax is fine with letting them go, so Marcs ominous words IC will be her last. Feel free to move on ^_^!
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-01-02 at 10:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Yeah, it didn't feel appropriate for Hound to barge in with any parting words since Marc was doing all the talking.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

For the Star Guard recording, an idea we could get Arbitrator Godwyn and her group to raid their offices/database on tip off of the Star Guards are harboring mutants. They retrieve the recordings, which can then subsequently go "missing" from the evidence locker (i.e handed over to us).

Arbitrator Godwyn is an Arbite who received the transcript of the Endorcers interrogation a Raptore Clan member who went mad in the wake of the weapon deal ambush, and they informed the Inquisition. They basically got the entire investigation started. Remember that a word from an inquisitorial acolyte is about all the authority needed. Being the secret police of a theocratic, fascist regime has it's perks, one of which isn't having to worry about silly "due process" and "court-sanctiones warrants".
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-01-04 at 06:58 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Mutants are a bit of a grey area, if I recall the lore correctly. They can be completely beyond the pale on some worlds, but also an acceptable labour force on others. Since Underhivers aren't allowed to wander freely about the Hive, it seems very likely that the same would apply to any visible mutants, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they couldn't be employed in certain roles with the right licenses (or whatever).

Since the Star Guard people seemed unconcerned that they were working alongside mutants, it may be that they have legal cover for doing so. If that's the case, alerting Arbitrator Godwyn may not have the desired effect. I suggest we finish interrogating Drimmle, then head back to base and lay out the situation to the Interrogator to hear whether he thinks we should involve Godwyn or not.

@Bennosuke
    Is there some knowledge skill Hound could roll for to see if he knows anything about regulations concerning employing mutants?

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Bennosuke
    Is there some knowledge skill Hound could roll for to see if he knows anything about regulations concerning employing mutants?
    I think CL Imperium at -10 would make sense here. The modifier would be specifically for knowing how the Imperial laws are interpreted and enforced locally.

The Psyker then looked over at the door where the Star Guards departed, before looking back at Hound. "I think I know the best way to deal with them. While you finalize things with Drimmle, I'll call Arbitor Godwyn and tell them about the Star Guards employment of mutants. She and the arbitrators will raid their headquarters and confiscate evidence, including the pict recording databases, and she can hand over todays recording to us, while she gets a shiny medal and promotion for uncovering heresy and corruption in the heart of private security within the Spire. Most of the company and staff will be liquidated, including those three. Should I make the call?"
    So that I can help move things forward, how is Marcella planning on contacting the Arbites?
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-01-04 at 06:27 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

didnt godwyn give us her vox?

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    I think CL Imperium at -10 would make sense here. The modifier would be specifically for knowing how the Imperial laws are interpreted and enforced locally.
    Okay, so using his Foresight talent for a +10 bonus, Hound ends up having to test vs. 55 (Int 55, Foresight +10, Difficulty -10).

(1d100)[63] vs. 55

Pre-emptive FP re-roll if needed: (1d100)[38]

Edit: Re-roll succeeds. Scratch one FP.
    Last edited by rax; 2024-01-04 at 07:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post

So that I can help move things forward, how is Marcella planning on contacting the Arbites?

Sorry about not replying sooner. I had an international flight today and just got back to my place.

She'll be contacting her via their secure comms/vox. As Bramble mentioned, we (assumedly) got Arbitrator Godwyns comm connection from the Inquisitor, as it was he who suggested we contact her if we wanted a copy of the report in this post.

So assumedly Marc would call her up, give her a verbal code or verification that she's an Inquisitorial Acolyte, then let her know that the Star Guard's are harboring and employing mutants, which is bodily heresy, so she should raid their HQ and initiate liquidation of the heretical company before it falls further into chaos and spreads its corruption, and if she could acquire the pict-recording data storage of today and either destroy or hand it over to us then that'd be great.

Edit: I edited in a call text from Marc into my most recent IC post, so you can use it if you need it.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-01-05 at 09:21 AM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, so using his Foresight talent for a +10 bonus, Hound ends up having to test vs. 55 (Int 55, Foresight +10, Difficulty -10).
    While it doesn't change anything, your character sheet that you have posted in this thread has Hound's Int at 60... just fyi. Hound is down to 1/2 FP. Assuming he is still using Foresight, he ponders this for at least ten minutes off in a corner somewhere. He is then able to come back to the group with the following insight:

Gross systemic mutation is outright unaccepted in society on Hapheastein, while there is much more of a grey area for subtle mutations. Those with problems such as a strange rash, or maybe an extra digit are probably given their distance or maybe socially shunned but are unlikely to be locked up or exterminated. The more overt the individual's mutations, the more they have to keep a low profile, and are more likely to get locked up or targeted by the authority for petty offenses, or for nothing at all. Abhuman and beyond are generally exterminated at birth and arrested on sight (if older and alive) except for in the underhive, where mutation is more common and more severe generally. Organizations such as The Star Guard might be able to push their luck with abhumans by catering to the wealthy elite and thus likely having more financial and political privilege. Now technically, this doesn't mean the group could not leverage this to their advantage with local authorities, and especially if they reveal themselves as part of the Inquisition, though of course they have been advised repeatedly to try to keep a low cover as much as possible. It might be something worth bringing to the Interrogator, rather than trying to deal with it on the group's own.

Sorry about not replying sooner. I had an international flight today and just got back to my place.
    No worries. Hope the travel was smoother than most anytime I try to get on a plane these days. In regards to voxing the Arbites, the group never did received Godwyn's communication information and have had pretty limited interactions with the Arbites this adventure. The Inquisitor simply says he wouldn't recommend going to the Arbites as it risks blowing cover, but if you do, you could ask for Arbitrator Godwyn, who had brought the information regarding the alient tech to the the attention of the Inquisition.
    Show