New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    While it doesn't change anything, your character sheet that you have posted in this thread has Hound's Int at 60... just fyi. Hound is down to 1/2 FP. Assuming he is still using Foresight, he ponders this for at least ten minutes off in a corner somewhere. He is then able to come back to the group with the following insight:

Gross systemic mutation is outright unaccepted in society on Hapheastein, while there is much more of a grey area for subtle mutations. Those with problems such as a strange rash, or maybe an extra digit are probably given their distance or maybe socially shunned but are unlikely to be locked up or exterminated. The more overt the individual's mutations, the more they have to keep a low profile, and are more likely to get locked up or targeted by the authority for petty offenses, or for nothing at all. Abhuman and beyond are generally exterminated at birth and arrested on sight (if older and alive) except for in the underhive, where mutation is more common and more severe generally. Organizations such as The Star Guard might be able to push their luck with abhumans by catering to the wealthy elite and thus likely having more financial and political privilege. Now technically, this doesn't mean the group could not leverage this to their advantage with local authorities, and especially if they reveal themselves as part of the Inquisition, though of course they have been advised repeatedly to try to keep a low cover as much as possible. It might be something worth bringing to the Interrogator, rather than trying to deal with it on the group's own.
    Pretty much as I suspected then. I'll have Hound propose going to the Interrogator first, then.

Re the Int mix-up - I was looking at the linked sheet in the character box post. Apparently that version isn't updated to his latest stats.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No worries. Hope the travel was smoother than most anytime I try to get on a plane these days. In regards to voxing the Arbites, the group never did received Godwyn's communication information and have had pretty limited interactions with the Arbites this adventure. The Inquisitor simply says he wouldn't recommend going to the Arbites as it risks blowing cover, but if you do, you could ask for Arbitrator Godwyn, who had brought the information regarding the alient tech to the the attention of the Inquisition.
    You know it actually was a good flight! My seat got moved to where I can stretch my legs out and I didnt get 10 minutes of agony from airplane ear during descent like I usually do. Overall it was a nice start to 2024
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    You know it actually was a good flight! My seat got moved to where I can stretch my legs out and I didnt get 10 minutes of agony from airplane ear during descent like I usually do. Overall it was a nice start to 2024
    im 6'4, and i hate flying

also, airplane ear only happens in people whos Eustachian tubes arent fully developed

also, chew gum, it helps the Eustachian tubes adjust

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Re the Int mix-up - I was looking at the linked sheet in the character box post. Apparently that version isn't updated to his latest stats.
    That's clearly an issue on my end. At least I was smart enough to check the sheet you are updating though

@Banana and all: I'd say at best, the group may have the address of the Arbites' local office, and a vox line to that office.

Glad the flight was good though.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    im 6'4, and i hate flying

also, airplane ear only happens in people whos Eustachian tubes arent fully developed

also, chew gum, it helps the Eustachian tubes adjust
    Yeah Im 6'3" and struggle with most airplane seats. Unless I get a seat by the emergency exit I know Im in for a dull knee ache in a few hours.

Ahh, my situation is different. I had meningitis when I was a kid that got into my left ear. It left me deaf in my left ear and I get airplane ear in it 90% of the time when flying, and always during descent where it feels like someone is driving a knife into my ear and twisting it. You're right about chewing, a pack of minties is my treasured flying companion lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-01-05 at 05:56 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

@Banana and all: I'd say at best, the group may have the address of the Arbites' local office, and a vox line to that office.

Glad the flight was good though.
    Thank you, so am I hah. No worries about that, it sounds like Hound is going to tell her to suggest it to the Interrogator instead so she'll accept that.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So...for departure, we probably nab:

- From Drimmle: the all-important Documents to move the plot forward. Maybe his ornate las pistol? Best leave that here though.
    - From Trask: the heavy stubber, couple of grenades, a hand cannon and armor vest.
    - From Shriek: nothing, as she got turned into red vapor.
    - From Drimmle's House: Marc is taking some clippings of flowers from his garden. I think we could take the white van perhaps, that's parked outside, use it to get back to our compound and sell it, unless the Star Guards already took it.

Anything else anyone can think of?

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Is the heavy stubber something that we can carry around in public without attracting attention?

Other then that ok to move on.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Can put it in the back of the van if we take it. Otherwise yeah, have to leave it behind.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Can put it in the back of the van if we take it. Otherwise yeah, have to leave it behind.
    Haval makes a fair point, and this is a fair assertion.

Am I assuming Hound is interrogating Drimmle further? If so, can I get an interrogation roll? Happy to give a bonus based on how you go about it. Note, it will be unlikely to interrogate Drimmle further with the threat of death.

I suppose I will wait to reply to the rest of Banana's post till the interrogation is resolved lest one effects the other?

And just as an FYI, I suspect I will not be able to post tomorrow based on my schedule.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Haval makes a fair point, and this is a fair assertion.

Am I assuming Hound is interrogating Drimmle further? If so, can I get an interrogation roll? Happy to give a bonus based on how you go about it. Note, it will be unlikely to interrogate Drimmle further with the threat of death.

I suppose I will wait to reply to the rest of Banana's post till the interrogation is resolved lest one effects the other?

And just as an FYI, I suspect I will not be able to post tomorrow based on my schedule.
    personally, i was wondering when our next payday is

as a tier V noble, milo gets a boatload of thrones, somewhere to the tune of 750

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm hoping we get back to the compound in one piece lol. Then, I'm looking forward to seeing what's in the documents for the next part of the plot, and I'm then looking forward to the amount of exp we'll get, which I imagine will be quite enormous.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Seems like the forums are working normally (or close to it) again. I'll get an IC post up later this evening.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

@Bennosuke

You know what? Screw talking to Drimmle any more. I'm feeling too out of sorts IRL to go back and try to work out what questions I wanted to ask Drimmle, and Bananaphone's put together a nice post to wrap things up with him, so let's call it a day, try to get back to the compound, and read Drimmle's notes there. Sorry for dragging things out.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

No worries. Hope everything is okay in RL. Will get a post up now/today. And apologies for my delay in reply.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

No worries. Hope everything is okay in RL. Will get a post up now/today. And apologies for my delay in reply.
    no worries

push comes to shove, we can do a flashback!

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    @Bennosuke

You know what? Screw talking to Drimmle any more. I'm feeling too out of sorts IRL to go back and try to work out what questions I wanted to ask Drimmle, and Bananaphone's put together a nice post to wrap things up with him, so let's call it a day, try to get back to the compound, and read Drimmle's notes there. Sorry for dragging things out.
    As Ben said, I hope everything is alright for you IRL and gets better!

(OOC: Not sure what power Marcella has that allows her to do this, but happy to hand wave things for now)
    Aye, as mentioned it was no listed power, but rather just a cinematic use of Telepathy. She's placed in him a dream-like state where he will re-live his favourite memories. She's also implanted a "door" in his dreams, always present, that he can walk through at any time in order to wake up and avoid suicide-by-dehydration.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-01-10 at 07:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Just a thought guys...

If Drimmle does decide to off himself and not wake up, then we could pin everything on Trask and Shriek.

A pair of heavily armed mutants break into and get into a firefight with Drimmle, but they're killed by his Star Guard bodyguards, but not without some wounds (that guy in the alley that Milo shot? No no, he was shot by Trask /taps nose). The Star Guards agree to cooperate fully with the Arbites while secretly being let off the hook for employing mutants, the Arbites are under the Inquisitions influence, the worst is hushed up, the Star Guards are thanked for publicly doing their best to protect a noble from mutant infiltrators, our involvement is deleted from their databases, and if Drimmle dies, it's as a result of rogue mutants in the Spire. Everyone saves face, everyone's in the clear.

Now, a determined and investigatively penetrative individual could see through that if they started digging, but accidents happen. It's enough of a smoke-screen to distract/explain to the public what happened, if anyone asks.

This is a cover up story we could offer to Ezekiel to put in motion.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-01-10 at 09:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Seems sensible. As long as Orla doesn't have to roll any social dice to lie to the Inquisition she's all for it

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Haval: How do we want to resolve your two rolls. Honestly, it shouldn't be hard too hard to find a rug or heavy curtains to rap the stubber in, and more importantly, even with a -30 modifier for the heavy stubber (there are no rules I could find on this, but even with -40), Orla passes her stealth test.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

@Haval: How do we want to resolve your two rolls. Honestly, it shouldn't be hard too hard to find a rug or heavy curtains to rap the stubber in, and more importantly, even with a -30 modifier for the heavy stubber (there are no rules I could find on this, but even with -40), Orla passes her stealth test.
    Maybe that it's easy to find something to cover up the stubber but not enough to cover up the fact that it's obviously a large gun.

But it doesn't matter that much because Orla is paranoid enough to be overly careful in moving the gun into the van after backing it up to the house. We can always keep it in there for now rather then moving it further.

(I don't actually care about the gun except in the sense that it might be interesting to have it for plot hook reasons).

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ooh, interesting idea. Maybe Orla had to take it apart to make smaller pieces for hiding and transportation, but when she's put it back together there's a part missing or something. It can likely be repaired, and can possibly still be used as evidence in some way???
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Dissassembling the gun didn't occur to me but if that works for you. It would make sense that Heavy (SP) means that she has some idea how to take the gun apart and put it back together.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A heavy stubber is worth 700 thrones (I think). Perhaps disassembling it and putting it back together, but there's a part missing, means that Orla just needs to spend 50 thrones to buy a firing pin or something, effectively getting the heavy stubber for really cheap?

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Then Haval, feel free to add something like "half-working" heavy stubber to your sheet.

@All: Still waiting on a consensus as to how the rest of the loot is/was split up.

EDIT: Also, please note that I am not personally trying to be adversarial here, but just playing out the character of the self-important Interrogator.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-01-12 at 01:07 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll take a mono knife as well then

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

EDIT: Also, please note that I am not personally trying to be adversarial here, but just playing out the character of the self-important Interrogator.
    Nah it's all good, strictly IC RP, not ooc feelings.

If no one is opposed to it, Marc will take a monoknife and stub automatic.

Btw, when did you want to tally up exp?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-01-12 at 08:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Still the thrones and some gear to discuss, figure it's the weekend so should give the players more time to respond.

In regards to the XP, probably after the group finishes speaking with Ezekiel... unless the players are going to go off and do something immediately. I figure it will probably be the end of the "scene" so to speak, leading to some downtime for players to get small tasks done, then start up again once the new flat has been secured.

Open to feedback on that plan though.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound isn't really interested in tossing Drimmle's place to grab fancy stuff, so if he takes anything it would probably be from Drimmle personally or his protection detail, but it would have to be pretty snazzy for him to care enough to do so. Is there a post somewhere summarizing what's immediately available to grab?

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Is that above and beyond what I listed in IC post 456?
    Show