New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Well shoot, I'm not sure of a clever way around that. Should I make my own copy of the character sheet?
    I'm a newb at using Google Docs, so I have nothing to contribute as far as workarounds are concerned. Given the circumstances, making a copy or otherwise writing him up yourself is probably for the best.

@Wyndeward
    Congratulations and commiserations!

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Sorry to be late to the party -- My wife landed her dream job, we are moving to Maryland, trying to sell the house and the damned water heater decided to give up the ghost flooding the basement.

I will go look for the scene and post a reply.

Thank you for your patience.
    Congratulations!!! Mazel Tov!!! That is all very exciting.

@Rax: I will try to remember to get to this, but if I haven't dealt with it by thursday morning, message me again. Just being honest because I know this can slip my mind given current work and life priorities.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Sorry to be late to the party -- My wife landed her dream job, we are moving to Maryland, trying to sell the house and the damned water heater decided to give up the ghost flooding the basement.

I will go look for the scene and post a reply.

Thank you for your patience.

Congrats man, happy to hear things are going well!

(except for the water heater lol)
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-05 at 11:08 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Just as a FYI, I will be able to get posts up today. I am spending the weekend with family, so it will be hard to predict my post rate. But next week I will be doing a lot of working from home and should overall have a much more consistent post rate.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Also, how big is Marcella's backpack???
    For cataloguing's sake -

Backpacks can carry about 50kgs of equipment. (according to page 146 on the core book)

First Backpack:
    Filtration Plugs (No weight)
    1x Lamp Rack/Glow Globe (0.5kgs)
    Extra magazines for weapons carried in here; except 1 for each on belt. (~5kgs)
    Folded up Third Backpack (1kgs)
    Several 'unconcerning black bags' (~1kgs)

Now also -
    - Stub Revolver (1kgs)
    - Stub Automatic + silencer (2kgs)
    - Autopistol + silencer (3kgs)
    - 3 holsters (~1.5kgs?)
    - Folded up Flak Cloak (8kgs)

= 23kgs total.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-14 at 08:27 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm just teasing
    Show

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm just teasing

Hehe don't worry, I figured .

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Stealth roll: (1d100)[99] vs TN 59

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

This seems like a moment where we dont want to fail.

Fp reroll: (1d100)[87] vs TN 59
    FP charmed retention: (1d10)[2]

Ugh, lost a FP and failed anyway on two 60% chance rolls. Thanks dice.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-18 at 03:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Actually, I just thought of something.

But if the GM is feeling lenient, may I retroactively activate Chameleon minor power? It helps her blend in and gives +30 to Concealment (stealth in this case) which would give her a Stealth TN of 89, meaning she'd pass that last one.

Fettered activation, in current rules, would be half Psy + Willpower bonus of 2 + 5 = 7, which means she can cast it no worries.

She'd still spend a fate point, but this way she'd pass the roll (just) by literally blending into the environment. Obviously, she's walking behind Pip and deactivates it the moment he turns around to look/talk to them, but no one else noticed her.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-18 at 03:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Banana: For a fettered roll, per our Homebrew rules section on page one of this thread:

For a Fettered Power, the character halves their Psy rating and compares this to the PT. If this number is greater than the PT the power is activated. There is no risk of Psychic Phenomenon.
    Unfortunately, this includes nothing about adding your WP bonus. I would be open to discussion about this going forward. However, if you want to make an unfettered roll to activate the power and use your prior rolls I will totally allow that.

@All: I apologize for the delay. Getting to the IC thread now. I will await banana's reply before resolving the failed roll.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Unfortunately, this includes nothing about adding your WP bonus. I would be open to discussion about this going forward. However, if you want to make an unfettered roll to activate the power and use your prior rolls I will totally allow that.
    Apologies about always making this assumption. At a time when we're more active could we talk about amending or adding the WP bonus jn at least? Because at the moment, Fettered wouls never be used. The lowest Threshhold is like 5 or something, which means Marc would need a Psy rating of 10 to cast it at Fettered, and the system only goes up to 6. Like, it's impossible to actually use Fettered as an option as it is foe anything lol.

But will roll: (1d100)[18] vs TN 80

Pass.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-20 at 04:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Apologies about always making this assumption. At a time when we're more active could we talk about amending or adding the WP bonus jn at least? Because at the moment, Fettered wouls never be used. The lowest Threshhold is like 5 or something, which means Marc would need a Psy rating of 10 to cast it at Fettered, and the system only goes up to 6. Like, it's impossible to actually use Fettered as an option as it is foe anything lol.

But will roll: [roll0] vs TN 80

Pass.
    No apologies necessary, and for finally a good roll! And thank you for being understanding, as we are basically refining the homebrew rule through trial and error. I think you make a very good point about the way we/I wrote the Fettered rule. Psy rating in the game goes up to 6, and even among the minor powers, the lowest the TN ever goes is 5, and that is for two total powers from what I saw. Most major powers start around 10 (lowest I saw was 8 in the core book), which means probably adjusting it to 0.5(Psy rating) + WP would still make activating many of the minor powers with fettered challenging.

Thinking this through further... an average starting WP will generally be about 30ish, and in general best case scenario will be more like 45. Subsequently you can take +20 advances. Which means in game, the highest WP bonus you could get will generally be 60 and the highest psy rating is 6, so by this rule, even the most powerful psyker will be looking at activating a fettered power at closer to TN 9... which is not all that high... which I think many would argue is appropriate...

That said, thinking even further on this ... I think your psychic ability should be more reliant on your Psy rating (since that is what it implies, and less based on your WP). So, I would suggest a more reasonable adjustment to the rule should be for Fettered:

Take your Psy rating + 1/2 your WP bonus, and if this sum is equal to or higher than the TN of a power, you can activate it Fettered.

I understand this has less effect on Marcella whose WP and Psy rating are relatively close but I think from a mechanics standpoint it just makes more sense.

What to people think about this proposal???
    Show

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No apologies necessary, and for finally a good roll! And thank you for being understanding, as we are basically refining the homebrew rule through trial and error. I think you make a very good point about the way we/I wrote the Fettered rule. Psy rating in the game goes up to 6, and even among the minor powers, the lowest the TN ever goes is 5, and that is for two total powers from what I saw. Most major powers start around 10 (lowest I saw was 8 in the core book), which means probably adjusting it to 0.5(Psy rating) + WP would still make activating many of the minor powers with fettered challenging.

Thinking this through further... an average starting WP will generally be about 30ish, and in general best case scenario will be more like 45. Subsequently you can take +20 advances. Which means in game, the highest WP bonus you could get will generally be 60 and the highest psy rating is 6, so by this rule, even the most powerful psyker will be looking at activating a fettered power at closer to TN 9... which is not all that high... which I think many would argue is appropriate...

That said, thinking even further on this ... I think your psychic ability should be more reliant on your Psy rating (since that is what it implies, and less based on your WP). So, I would suggest a more reasonable adjustment to the rule should be for Fettered:

Take your Psy rating + 1/2 your WP bonus, and if this sum is equal to or higher than the TN of a power, you can activate it Fettered.

I understand this has less effect on Marcella whose WP and Psy rating are relatively close but I think from a mechanics standpoint it just makes more sense.

What to people think about this proposal???

Thank you for understanding, and yes hah, that 18 would've come in handy a couple of rolls ago. Just to make sure I'm getting it right, the Psy arting + 1/2 WP bonus, so for Marc this would mean she has an Fettered rating of: 4 Psy Rating + 3 (5 WP bonus rounded up) = 7.

Then when she gets Psy Rating 5 this'll be 8 and Psy rating 6 this'll be 9, ensuring she'll be able to cast just about any minor power and even a few entry discipline powers, without having to roll by going Fettered?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-21 at 02:36 AM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Dropping in to say that I won't be updating anything IC until the weekend. Work is kicking my arse this week. Sorry!

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well if you couldn't tell, work kicked mine as well. This upcoming week should be much better. Thank you for the patience all.

Thank you for understanding, and yes hah, that 18 would've come in handy a couple of rolls ago. Just to make sure I'm getting it right, the Psy arting + 1/2 WP bonus, so for Marc this would mean she has an Fettered rating of: 4 Psy Rating + 3 (5 WP bonus rounded up) = 7.

Then when she gets Psy Rating 5 this'll be 8 and Psy rating 6 this'll be 9, ensuring she'll be able to cast just about any minor power and even a few entry discipline powers, without having to roll by going Fettered?
    Yes, if you and everyone else are alright with this amendment.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

Fine by me

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Groovy, that sounds fine to me!

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Cool. I'm gonna wait till I get feedback from at least one other player, and then will "ratify" the change in homebrew rules.

Getting to IC post now.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Saw the IC post and that you're waiting for me. Don't bother - had a busy weekend after a crappy week at work, plus the forums have been hit and miss for me all weekend. Best to move things along and I'll catch up as best I can.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Noted. Will move things along in IC thread now. Will ask Wynde to weigh in on the homebrew rule.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

@Bennosuke

Hound's cover identity is "...Adept Third Class Toomes, seconded from the Divisio Recordari of whatever planet Ezekiel claims to come from to serve as his personal secretary."

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I saw that but was a little unclear. Is Toomes part of the rank, or the cover character's name?

Also, do you want to weigh in on the proposed adjustment to the homebrewed rule?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Cool. I'm gonna wait till I get feedback from at least one other player, and then will "ratify" the change in homebrew rules.

Getting to IC post now.
    I think I am alright with it.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Great. With that I will update the homebrew section with the change in rules.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

I saw that but was a little unclear. Is Toomes part of the rank, or the cover character's name?

Also, do you want to weigh in on the proposed adjustment to the homebrewed rule?
    Toomes is the name, the rest is his rank.

I'm honestly going through a rough patch right now, and I just don't have the focus to critique homebrew rules, so I'll go with the prevailing opinion.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Noted. Hope it gets better soon Rax. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Seconded, I hope things get better for you Rax!

@Wyndeward
    Was Arl planning on offing this guy and hiding the body? Or was he hoping Marc would mentally compel him to go away?

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Thanks for the well wishes. Not much to be done, I'm afraid - it's just life, and eventually this current confluence of crappy events will pass.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Seconded, I hope things get better for you Rax!

@Wyndeward
    Was Arl planning on offing this guy and hiding the body? Or was he hoping Marc would mentally compel him to go away?
    For the moment, Arl is sort of hoping that Pip will be good to his word and leave on his own accord.