New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Are the two actually hoping to stow away on board??? I somehow missed that that was your plan.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Wasn't it? Wasn't that the point? lol

What's the point of just having a look around? Ezekiel said we're to infiltrate the Rogue Trader vessel, which is in orbit, so it looks like we'll have to store away on the transport heading towards it. I earnestly thought that was the whole point lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-29 at 10:35 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I guess I will leave it up to you two. Should be interesting to see what hijinks occur.

Looks like we are waiting for player-to-player interactions. I am following.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

@Bennosuke

With Marc's good tech roll, and her voidborn origin, would she know how to board the transport?

I'm going to assume that, because the ship is going to enter orbit to the awaiting Rogue Trader vessel, that Arls idea of us getting into a cargo crate might not work. Likely, because Bennosuke will reveal "They vent the atmosphere of the cargo hold while on transport, you both suffocate and die hahaha".

I'm picturing this being remedied/avoided by us storing away in the actual life-support receiving area's of the transport and taking advantage of the small crew number and Marc's voidborn knowledge of ship to direct them to a good hiding spot for a couple of hours. Or, by Marc's tech use having also spotted a pair of rebreathers we can use that'll keep us alive during the trip.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-04-01 at 09:22 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey all, thank you for your patience. As I mentioned, this was a bad week, and next week won't be great either. I will get a post up today and should be able to post over the weekend. After next week my schedule should be much more open and you should see me posting mor regularly. Getting to the IC thread now.

@Banana: I think it is more than reasonable that Marcella knows enough to avoid doing something that would get you killed on a space ship for sure. That said, they will still have to find a place to stow away if that is the goal. I think that since Marcella is void born, and lacks much stealthy skills, she can make a basic Intelligence roll for her knowledge of ships to identify the sort of location on the ship that would be good to stow away in.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-04-05 at 02:38 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Uh oh, not another roll XD lol.

I'll throw a few out here for you to work with:

Intelligence: (1d100)[100] vs TN 43
    Tech-use: (1d100)[66] vs TN 53
    Pilot (Civilian Craft): (1d100)[85] VS 38

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ugggh come'on, these fn rolls. We've only started this new section and I've already had to blow half my fate points because this roller has been so god awful.

Okay, here is my beseeching and imploring case as to why these rolls should be ignored: she's a voidborn who grew up on a trade satellite, around trade ships, she knows how to pilot and fly a trade ship and she's got a professional level knowledge tech-use, and she's got the uniform on to blend in/look like she belongs there, yet the roller thinks she hasn't got a clue where to hide. This is like you as a doctor not knowing where to be alone for an hour or so in a hospital while you've got a janitors uniform on lol.

When I worked at factories I learned of places that are low/non-trafficked to hide for a few hours within the first week of being there lol.

Please lol

/grovel
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-04-05 at 11:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I mean, I feel like a natural 100 can't be ignored...

I'll think about it
    Show

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    I mean, I feel like a natural 100 can't be ignored...

I'll think about it
    Please be merciful .
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-04-07 at 12:18 AM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm gonna let Wynde reply to the question about the crates plan

@all: Just a reminder, my posts this week are gonna be poor, and then thing will get better. In advance, thank you for the patience.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

@Wyndeward:

If Bennosuke gives Marc's innate knowledge of where to hide on the ship the Emperor's Thumbs Down treatment, there are two alternatives:

Looking back at the 'meeting' briefing, the Interrogator was clear that he was wanting Arl and Marc to gain access to Casimire's ship. That means boarding it.

So, we could:

1) The scale of ships in WH40k is huge; even a Dauntless-class Light Cruiser, which is probably what Casimire has, contains a crew of 65,000 is is 4.5km long. We can use that to our advantage because we have uniforms, it doesn't matter if people don't know who we are, as long as we look like we belong. We can board the transport we're near, learn who the pilot is supposed to be, 'take care of them', hide the body, and Marc can fly the ship up to Casimire's ship and board. (Pilot is always 'assumed' routine and only needs rolls when there's danger, so baring Bennosuke's cruel humour, the die roller can't screw us over)

Getting back is another question. We can create a distraction and leave on a prepped ship. Or we can send out a signal to a nearby Imperial vessel to come and board the xeno-artifact smuggling Rogue Trader vessel using our Inquisitor authority.

2) Instead of Marc piloting the trade transport up to Casimire's ship, she knows where Arl and her can hide for the hour or so it'll take, but the rest above still applies. This is Bennosuke being kind lol.

3) We go through the command tower and transport flight logs, acquiring coordinate and flight data that shows us the regularly traveled routes by Casimire's ships and his transport ships: that way we can see where, or get a good idea where, he's bringing the xeno goods down outside the hive, and prepare another ambush, or use our authority to prepare an ambush to seize the transport and Casimire's ship. So we don't leave the planet, we just investigate and dig through data.

That's the 3 ways I see it going at the moment. Which do you think is our best option?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-04-11 at 11:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you all for the patience. As predicted, this week was very busy.

@Banana: I would say 3 makes the most sense. With 1, the one thing I would point out is that you are wearing uniforms of the dock workers, not of ship's crew and regardless you would have to wait on board till the crew and pilot did board... so either way you would have to hide or get new covers, and then why would you kill the pilot either way? 3 would probably allow you to use that Tech Use skill you keep throwing out, plus you could probably gain access to when this ship is departing, and since the ship is in mid-refuel and reload, could come back with more acolytes and a better formulated plan.

But I leave it up to you.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #673
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

I am inclined to go with three as well.

Frankly, while I would love to skulk around the Rogue Trader's vessel, being outnumbered several thousand to two is not my idea of a good time.

We want intelligence, not a last stand.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Where's the sense of adventure in that?

Aha, allg, I'll post Marc suggesting as such.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm gonna give Marcella that 6 roll for finding the way to something that will provide flight records, even though I don't think any of the suggested skills make sense.

Can I first get clarification if you are looking for flight records from the docking bay, or from the ship itself.... as I feel like the latter is probably preferrable.

Then... can I get a Stealth or blather roll from both Marcella and Arl? Either way, take the roll at +25. You will each need to choose the same skill.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm gonna give Marcella that 6 roll for finding the way to something that will provide flight records, even though I don't think any of the suggested skills make sense.
    I mostly roll them all to give you stuff to work with. Like if she failed her Awareness and Tech-use roll, for example, but passed her Pilot's roll, you're could say she can't see the tower now, nor any computer terminals but her knowledge of aviation tells her that the closest flight tower is probably in x direction down y corridors, etc if that makes sense. It's my weird way of thinking I'm saving time and being helpful lol.

Can I first get clarification if you are looking for flight records from the docking bay, or from the ship itself.... as I feel like the latter is probably preferrable.

Then... can I get a Stealth or blather roll from both Marcella and Arl? Either way, take the roll at +25. You will each need to choose the same skill.

If we can get all the stuff we need from the ship itself, then that's the target. We can enter that.

If it's a stealth roll (which I'm guessing it is), Marc will Fettered activate Chameleon, which she passes (Psy 4 + 3 (half WP bonus) = 7), for +30 to the roll.

Stealth roll: (1d100)[31] vs TN 72 (17 base + 25 situation + 30 Chameleon)

Or if Arl is feeling chatty:

Blather roll: (1d100)[51] vs TN 13
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-04-14 at 07:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #677

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    I mostly roll them all to give you stuff to work with. Like if she failed her Awareness and Tech-use roll, for example, but passed her Pilot's roll, you're could say she can't see the tower now, nor any computer terminals but her knowledge of aviation tells her that the closest flight tower is probably in x direction down y corridors, etc if that makes sense. It's my weird way of thinking I'm saving time and being helpful lol.

If we can get all the stuff we need from the ship itself, then that's the target. We can enter that.

If it's a stealth roll (which I'm guessing it is), Marc will Fettered activate Chameleon, which she passes (Psy 4 + 3 (half WP bonus) = 7), for +30 to the roll.

Stealth roll: (1d100)[86] vs TN 72 (17 base + 25 situation + 30 Chameleon)

Or if Arl is feeling chatty:

Blather roll: [roll1] vs TN 13
    Chatty? Moi?

Stealth Roll: (1d100)[86] against TN of 76 (AGI = 41 + 10 (Stealth) + 25 (Situation)

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Wynd and Banana: anything else you want to do at the dock or with the ship before you leave? Anything you want to do when you get back since the other scene is still running?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As far as I can tell, I think we're all good. We got what we came for, and as much as Marc would love to go flying, they shouldn't jeopardise what's so far been a well executed infiltration mission.

Now, if Marc could figure out a way to still end up making it to the ball where she can flutter her eyes at a rich, single noble that'd be great! But that seems unlikely lol so best bet is to get this info back to safety pronto and start going through it.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-04-30 at 05:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hmmm... I think that ship has sailed... pun intended!? But I'd like to give you guys something to do other than just perusing the recovered files, since there isn't much dramatic to do there and could otherwise be resolved with just a roll. Let me think on it and I'll encourage you and Wynd to as well.

I won't be able to post tomorrow, but will be able to on Thursday.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ettin in the Playground

If that keeps happening I'm serious about asking Marcella for elecution lessons.

22. - Top - End - #682

Beholder

Hmmm... I think that ship has sailed... pun intended!? But I'd like to give you guys something to do other than just perusing the recovered files, since there isn't much dramatic to do there and could otherwise be resolved with just a roll. Let me think on it and I'll encourage you and Wynd to as well.

I won't be able to post tomorrow, but will be able to on Thursday.
    Well, there is that local cop who seems to be on the take... We can begin plotting to turn him to our purposes, if not our cause.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sounds good to me!

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sounds like an interesting plan. Where/how do you two want to start with this?
    Show