New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to rolled Charmed when Marc spent her second fate point: [roll0]

Yes! The Emperor smiles on our Telepath today. She's kept both fate points and is 2/2.
    to quote hayden christianson

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    to quote hayden christianson

Debatable.

Initiative (1d10+4)[11]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I am not going to have time to get through everything; though I can't face palm hard enough at what is happening. I hope I made it as clear as possible that this was not a scene best handled through combat. Thank you for those that rolled initiative. I'm sure I will need additional rolls to respond to some of what others have posted, but for now will roll initiatives for the three "enemy" combatants. How tragic. Hope the party survives.

Drimmle (1d10)[1] + 3
    Shriek (1d10)[8] + 4
    Trask (1d10)[2] +3
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Initiative
    AgB 4 + 1 for Hiver
    (1d10+5)[6]

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Frankly, I am not certain who Arl is going to shoot first...

(1d10+8)[14]

6. - Top - End - #216

Beholder

Okay... hopefully, I just removed the bomb from the equation.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Okay... hopefully, I just removed the bomb from the equation.
    Marc shut it off for 1 round with Weapon Jinx, and Arl destroys it while it's inactive and cannot send radio signals.

"Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    I am not going to have time to get through everything; though I can't face palm hard enough at what is happening. I hope I made it as clear as possible that this was not a scene best handled through combat. Thank you for those that rolled initiative. I'm sure I will need additional rolls to respond to some of what others have posted, but for now will roll initiatives for the three "enemy" combatants. How tragic. Hope the party survives.

Drimmle [roll0] + 3
    Shriek [roll1] + 4
    Trask [roll2] +3
    you made it very clear, i just decided to take a hard left at burn the unclean

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

you made it very clear, i just decided to take a hard left at burn the unclean
    If we do all make it out alive, I hope you understand that Milo will be facing some hostile questioning when we get back to the safe house. Doubly so if this encounter kills Drimmle before we can get any information out of him.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, finally having time to sit down and work my way through everything.

Initiative
    Arl 14
    Father Milo 13
    Marcella 13
    Shriek 12
    Hound 11
    Orla 6
    Trask 5
    Drimmle 4

I have subtracted FP for Milo

rolling jam for the bomb (1d10)[2] and in case there's a reroll (1d10)[9] EDIT: so the bomb jams.

So technically, Arl sees Milo acting first and gets there before Marcella. That said he could technically apprehend Father Milo before he gets everything going if he wanted to... And with Marcella matching Milo's initiative, I'll allow a constested if she wants to preempt him as well.

Please let me know both Wynde and Bramble, before I start really resolving this combat.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-09-24 at 05:39 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Otherwise, I will start resolving things as combat would be unfolding. So it looks like for the flamer, this is not technically a dodge roll so Shriek and Trask don't get any dodge skill bonuses, but would also be able to use Dodge later.

For Trask (1d100)[30] vs 31 and if it's a hit for catching aflame (1d100)[89]

For Shriek (1d100)[88] vs 46 and for catching aflame (1d100)[61]
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm normally loathe to engage in pvp and I don't like trying to influenceshow other people play their characters, but doing so to potentially prevent a whole party wipe and game over, it's more justifiable. However, if Marc tries to Dominate Milo to prevent him starting combat and getting him to peaceably hand his weapons over before releasing him, she might fail. Whereas how it stands now, she's managed to jam the bomb and jam Trasks heavy stubber, taking it out for 2-3 rounds.

So, I'll ask OOC, Mr GM, with the bomb jammed, the detonator likely destroyed by Arl and Trasks heavy stubber taken out of action for 2-3 rounds, have our party chances of survival significantly gone up? Or are things still pretty much toast unless Marc Dominates Milo into behaving or Arl stops him from trying to use his flamer? Consider that it's quite a risk as she'll need to roll a contested Initiative against Milo and she could fail that too, let alone the activation roll and opposed willpower roll - but is that risk worth it?

Sorry for so much OOC and quasi-metagaming, but I rather enjoy this game and I don't want a party wipe.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Honestly, your chances are much better than I expected given how everyone is rolling. That said, things could still turn out pretty badly for the group... and even if you succeed unscathed, I think there would probably be a lot of negative fall out.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It's a super hard choice.

On one hand, our party survival chances have gone way up, but nothing is set in stone and there could be following negative fallout.

On the other hand, if Marc tries to dominate him, she's just a failed initiative contested roll away from wasting her action, the bomb being reactive and trask getting his heavy stubber back and the party chances of TPK are very, very high. Plus the unease of trying to engage in pvp with another player.

It's a really hard choice, but Id rather go with much higher chances of survival with potential bad RP consequences, than the unknown very high chances of TPK. So Marc will stick with her current actiom.

Sorry, that just seems the best option atm, with how things are now, that has the highest probability of party survival with the information I have, and we can chew Milo out after.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-24 at 06:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Though if others think differently feel free to state so, and if the majority of the party would rather take that risk to 'reset' it all, so to speak, I'll opt for that. (as it does feel a tad unfair that potential party survival hinges on my and Arls decision)
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-25 at 12:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

No, I’m okay with Milo’s actions having occurred. At a table I might have called a time out to discuss the matter, but it’s different with PbP. Backtracking now is a bigger hassle. A discussion can be had when the action is done.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Not taking sides but ok with Banana picking whatever.

Have said on Discord that I'm ok with Orla dying here.

18. - Top - End - #228

Beholder

The way it plays out in my head is that Arl is reacting to things sliding off the plate -- until and unless Milo actually does something, Arl doesn't draw the pistol, being busy being "disarmed" by Shriek.

As much as I would love to unspool what happened, I think things should just "play out" with no taps back.

That having been said, let me reinforce Rax's comment... Milo, assuming he survives this little debacle, is in for more than a little unpleasantness...

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Well, none of the fight is going to happen unless Milo gets to do his thing. I think it's probably easiest if we just say that Milo acted first - not quite a surprise round, but enough of a surprise for no one to be able to stop him. He won't get a repeat action this round and from next round the rolled initiative order is the one that's being used.

Edit: If we do that, then Arl can shoot the remote control and then Marc jinxes the guns and whatever's left of the remote. Doesn't really matter if there's overkill on that count.
    Last edited by rax; 2023-09-26 at 11:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

look, im sorry if i caused an issue. milo is not a fan of letting known heretics get away

21. - Top - End - #231

Beholder

look, im sorry if i caused an issue. milo is not a fan of letting known heretics get away
    Oh, I get it, up to a point...

The problem, at least from Arl's perspective, is three-fold.

(1) From Arl's perspective, Ser Drimmle is going through the stages of grief, albeit kind of stuck between Anger and Bargaining.
    (2) Taunting Ser Drimmle while he's holding the detonator and screaming isn't all that bright a move.
    (3) You received multiple notices not to do what you did.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

To re-inforce that, yeah, Milo's behaving like a violent psychopath. We're in the rich peoples part of the Hive, we're supposed to be clandestine. Back in the alleyway, Arl and Orla got the drop on that flamboyantly dressed guy that came around the corner, he was going to surrender but then Milo just opens fire on him, needlessly starting a fire fight and drawing attention and we have to flee the scene rather than getting time to fully interrogate the security staff. This bomb, the two mutants, Drimmmles state of mind etc we could've learned about all of it, but we had to flee.

Now at Drimmles mansion, Drimmle is clearly in bargaining mode because he's got a bomb above our heads and a heavy machine gun trained on the whole group. Marc can tell Milo is getting twitchy and she tells him not to do anything because he'll get us all killed, Arl tells Milo not to do anything because he'll get us all killed, the GM then says OOC to start a fight would be an incredibly bad idea...Milo opens fire anyway, creating a potential total party wipe for characters we've been playing for years.

There is a time and a place for violence in the game, but one must be discerning in its use and considerate of the consequences.

Such as my high blood pressure and being in suspense for days lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-26 at 08:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey all, sorry for the delay. Only silent because it has been a very very busy couple days of work. I will be getting to the game today and will be resolving the first round of combat, thank you for the patience.

Just an FYI, Bramble reached out to me expressing regret about his decision and asked to step away from the game temporarily to "get his head straight". Feel free to reach out to him if you think it would help.

Posts to come in a few hours.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I can't find a damage roll for Milo's flamer. (1d10)[1]
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ser Drimmle gets an attempt to dodge Arl's shot vs. 31 (1d100)[76]
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Some more necessary rolls:

Rolling attack for Shriek (1d100)[75] and damage (1d10)[7]
    Rolling attack for Drimmle Shriek (1d100)[36] and damage (1d10)[7]
    Rolling attack for Trask Shriek (1d100)[26] and damage (1d10)[6]

Rolling dodge for Milo Shriek (1d100)[24] vs 39
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oooof, Marc takes 2 damage, poor girl. The first damage she's taken all game.

So, the bomb is a dud, yes Mr GM? That massive threat is neutralised?

Given the security guard Marc mind probed is disgruntled that Drimmle is a cheap bastard, kinda makes sense he bought the cheapest bomb available and it's...a dud lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-27 at 07:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh yeah, she's got Dodge though: (1d100)[90] vs TN 34

Nope, 2 damage it is.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-27 at 07:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Actions depend on whether, by the rules, the bomb is a full dud or not. It got jammed for a round, the explosive mishap was rolled and...it's a dud. I think that's permanent, it doesn't suddenly become a non-dud once it's unjammed - and unjamming it requires accessing it and fixing it? But still, I'll wait for a ruling from the GM.

If the bomb is an actual dud:

Spoiler
    Show
    Marc will use Soul Killer on the fat guy: (1d100)[83] vs TN 90

If the bomb is only a dud for this round and might still go off in future rounds if a stray round or sufficient pressure hits it etc:

Spoiler
    Show
    Marc will use a move action to get out of the "drop zone" and then use a half action to cast Dominate on Drimmle: (1d100)[7] vs TN 90.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hmm, if the bomb is a dud, I'll use a FP to re-roll that Soul Killer hoping for a better result: (1d100)[7] vs TN 90
    Spoiler
    Show

Damage rolls (if needed):

Spoiler
    Show
    1. (1D10+10)[16]
    2. (1D10+10)[14]
    3. (1D10+10)[11]
    4. (1D10+10)[14]
    5. (1D10+10)[14]
    6. (1D10+10)[20]
    7. (1D10+10)[18]

Actually needed 1 more damage roll lol.

She'll send the first 4 shards against Fat Man and the last 3 against Shriek. Soul Killer ignores armor (unless it's warded).

So Fat Man takes: 16, 14, 11, 14 damage.
    Shriek takes: 14, 20, 18 damage.

All to the Head and Body and it's Explosive damage.

But if the bomb isn't a complete dud, just one for this round, and Marc moves and cast Dominate on Drimmle, this is her opposed willpower roll against him:

Opposed Willpower: (1d100)[93] vs TN 135 (55 base will + 80 from overbleed successes)

Marc would get 4 successes on an Opposed Willpower roll to dominate Drimmle.

Sorry for all the rolls, just wanted to cover all my bases.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-27 at 10:32 PM.