New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 161
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Ranch

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Changing my build to an hunter. Are we using Elephant feat tax removal?
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2023-10-02 at 10:21 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadguy View Post
    Changing my build to an inquisitor. Are we using Elephant feat tax removal?
    It was not mentioned, so you'd need to ask the DM to request it.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Nice picking this up Cardea.

    Would you be ok with a crazed 'artificer' who slaps random magitech components together for his spells, 100% fluff, and the spells material components would be stuff like 'ammunition' for their scorching ray gun, etc.

    it would be a sorcerer, but fluffed to be way different, levitate would become boots of propulsion where he has to enable and they only last long enough before they break (as in the spell runs out) stuff like that.
    Nope. Neither the crazed part or the magitech part has my interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadguy View Post
    Changing my build to an inquisitor. Are we using Elephant feat tax removal?
    Can you unpack that for me?
    Just finding my roots again.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    Can you unpack that for me?
    Many veteran players lament that you need three feats to go to the bathroom in Pathfinder. Itís a cheeky musing, but one rooted in truth
    It merges some feats to get rid of dumb feat taxes. I have no objections to it myself.

    https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
    Last edited by Frosty; 2023-10-02 at 01:01 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Ranch

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Here's the start to my hunter.
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2023-10-02 at 10:20 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    razorfloss's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Heres a start to Varrick
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

    Sorin Dalmark

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Ranch

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Frosty, any thoughts on an animal companion you'd like to smash faces next to? I was thinking big cat or t-rex built to grapple, to crowd control a single threat.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadguy View Post
    Frosty, any thoughts on an animal companion you'd like to smash faces next to? I was thinking big cat or t-rex built to grapple, to crowd control a single threat.
    Grappling is good. I think a Trex would be a great thematic choice. Reptiles unite!

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TankLaser007's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Cardea two questions, one what Pantheon are we using? I saw mention of Tiamat in lieu of Dahak for example, so Grey Hawk, Realms, Golarion? Or ... ?

    On the mechanical side may I use the 3.5 Community Domain rather than the PF1e one?

    The PF domain is better BUT, I want those Status and Greater Status so would take the hit to gain access to those spells.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Mx
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Dhar the 'younger' twin brother of Thary Nito. both grew up in Cheliax, Senara. He grew up in relative safety in the newly built Shelyn Orphanage. His features were similar, the only difference was that he had a tail, while she did not. As they grew older, their interests diversified. Thary liked the church and began her studies there, while Dhar was fascinated by a hunter's weaponry and happily cleaned and prepared the equipment for the next outing.

    It was while she was preparing things that she caught the attention of a passing alchemist with his thoroughness in this and took him under her wing.
    It was when it began to flower. He wasn't very good at relating, but that didn't stop him from understanding the various substances and how to combine them.
    When a criminal entered the workshop, his teacher told him to hide. However, the criminal was too much for his master and took him out when his master was in danger. The criminal grabbed him by the neck and blackmailed his master to give him the money. When everything seemed lost the criminal fell almost dead. That was the day he discovered that he could remove poison from his body.

    Years later he joined the guard as an operative. His poisoned bullets help subdue criminals. However, he began to feel attracted and decided to travel the world. The inland sea was interesting, but he wanted to see more. So, after resigning and talking to his sister, he headed abroad.

    His sister's influence is shown in his belief in Shelyn. He appreciates hard work as one of the most beautiful things. He can't stand others taking advantage of that.


    EDIT: Sheet is a work in progress.
    Last edited by Shiro_Nogard; 2023-10-03 at 01:41 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Interested. Thinking towards an Avowed with the Old One Pact built for blaster and social roles.

    Current concept is that this journey is a long hunt to seek justice for the betrayal that ruined their friends. Their old adventuring party fell apart after their last job turned out to be a bust, years of planning and multiple retirements worth of gold spent to break into a vault lacked the artifact it was supposed to have. They watched most of their closest friends spiral into depression and retire into mundane work, but they noticed that the member of their party that was first into that vault didn't take the failure as hard as the others before they quietly left. Investigation makes it apparent that this former ally was in contact with a potential buyer in secret, arranging to make the adventure look like a failure and excluding the rest of the group from the payout. The beginning of this campaign is just another step in the trail to follow to find out why they were betrayed and find a way to reclaim the reward their other friends deserve.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Ranch

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)


  13. - Top - End - #73
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)


  14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Been interested in the Avowed for a while. Putting forward as a probably fey Avowed.

    Edit: We're heavy on fighting characters, with one planning a heal bot and no mages it seems....

    I really want to do an Avowed so I might do both.

    Planning on submitting a Tiefling Sorcerer idea I like but haven't gotten to play and a Nagaji Betrothed Fey Avowed (Effectively a magical Cavalier build.).
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2023-10-04 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    I thought Avowed are warlocks?

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by TankLaser007 View Post
    Cardea two questions, one what Pantheon are we using? I saw mention of Tiamat in lieu of Dahak for example, so Grey Hawk, Realms, Golarion? Or ... ?

    On the mechanical side may I use the 3.5 Community Domain rather than the PF1e one?

    The PF domain is better BUT, I want those Status and Greater Status so would take the hit to gain access to those spells.
    Truthfully, good question. I'd rather stick with Greyhawk.

    No to domain swapping. I get the desire for those spells, but they exist in PF, and the domains were made with entirely different design mentalities and approaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    Dhar the 'younger' twin brother of Thary Nito. both grew up in Cheliax, Senara. He grew up in relative safety in the newly built Shelyn Orphanage. His features were similar, the only difference was that he had a tail, while she did not. As they grew older, their interests diversified. Thary liked the church and began her studies there, while Dhar was fascinated by a hunter's weaponry and happily cleaned and prepared the equipment for the next outing.

    It was while she was preparing things that she caught the attention of a passing alchemist with his thoroughness in this and took him under her wing.
    It was when it began to flower. He wasn't very good at relating, but that didn't stop him from understanding the various substances and how to combine them.
    When a criminal entered the workshop, his teacher told him to hide. However, the criminal was too much for his master and took him out when his master was in danger. The criminal grabbed him by the neck and blackmailed his master to give him the money. When everything seemed lost the criminal fell almost dead. That was the day he discovered that he could remove poison from his body.

    Years later he joined the guard as an operative. His poisoned bullets help subdue criminals. However, he began to feel attracted and decided to travel the world. The inland sea was interesting, but he wanted to see more. So, after resigning and talking to his sister, he headed abroad.

    His sister's influence is shown in his belief in Shelyn. He appreciates hard work as one of the most beautiful things. He can't stand others taking advantage of that.

    EDIT: Sheet is a work in progress.
    Not at all your fault for the incompatibility, but please adjust for the Greyhawk setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    It merges some feats to get rid of dumb feat taxes. I have no objections to it myself.

    https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
    Ah. Yeah, not a fan of all of these, but some of these make perfect sense.

    Odd, we use it. Even, we don't. (1d2)[2]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldurin View Post
    Interested. Thinking towards an Avowed with the Old One Pact built for blaster and social roles.

    Current concept is that this journey is a long hunt to seek justice for the betrayal that ruined their friends. Their old adventuring party fell apart after their last job turned out to be a bust, years of planning and multiple retirements worth of gold spent to break into a vault lacked the artifact it was supposed to have. They watched most of their closest friends spiral into depression and retire into mundane work, but they noticed that the member of their party that was first into that vault didn't take the failure as hard as the others before they quietly left. Investigation makes it apparent that this former ally was in contact with a potential buyer in secret, arranging to make the adventure look like a failure and excluding the rest of the group from the payout. The beginning of this campaign is just another step in the trail to follow to find out why they were betrayed and find a way to reclaim the reward their other friends deserve.
    Execution is going to be everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadguy View Post
    I keep track of things like encumbrance and size limitations. So be aware of how your T-Rex will interact with that.

    Can you give your ten minute background another pass through? It looks fine at a glance, but another pass for clarity and a touch more detail would help me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    I don't have as much experience with the occult rules, so bear with me if you're selected.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Been interested in the Avowed for a while. Putting forward as a probably fey Avowed.

    Edit: We're heavy on fighting characters, with one planning a heal bot and no mages it seems....

    I really want to do an Avowed so I might do both.

    Planning on submitting a Tiefling Sorcerer idea I like but haven't gotten to play and a Nagaji Betrothed Fey Avowed (Effectively a magical Cavalier build.).
    Don't try and fulfill too many niches. I build off vibes, no strict role management.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I thought Avowed are warlocks?
    Basically.
    Just finding my roots again.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    I keep track of things like encumbrance and size limitations. So be aware of how your T-Rex will interact with that.
    What level does this campaign go to? At level 12, I become huge. Maybe I can find an item that lets me shrink down a size on command? Reduce person wouldn't work because not humanoid.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    What level does this campaign go to? At level 12, I become huge. Maybe I can find an item that lets me shrink down a size on command? Reduce person wouldn't work because not humanoid.
    I'm just aiming for the end of RHoD, so 11 - 13 ballpark. The size isn't an issue to me, its just going to be something that'll need to be kept at the forefront.
    Just finding my roots again.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    I'm just aiming for the end of RHoD, so 11 - 13 ballpark. The size isn't an issue to me, its just going to be something that'll need to be kept at the forefront.
    I just hope I can navigate the final dungeon, whatever it may be.

    So, any questions/issues about my sheet and background?

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Infernally Clay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    I didn't know what a ten minute background was so thanks for this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    1. Think up at least 5 things about the character and his background that are essential to the character. This is your foundation for the character.
    1. Cheshire is known far and wide as the Dread Pirate Roberts, a terrible and infamous outlaw that is the scourge of coastal towns and cities the world over;
    2. Cheshire was born a simple farm girl who fell in love with a princess and became a pirate so she could steal her heart;
    3. Cheshire's crew is faithful to her and loyal without question, so they have returned to Gundbarg to lay low while she keeps an eye on these "adventurers" until she is paid in full for her services;
    4. Cheshire loves to read and has many books on many subjects and much of her skills are self-taught, including her basic grasp of magical energies that she can wield;
    5. Cheshire would steal the bones off a skeleton if she thought she could hawk it to someone for some money.

    2. Think up at least 2 goals for the character. These are the things the character or you, the player want to see happen.
    1. To get paid in full for ferrying the party across their many adventures;
    2. I'd like to see Cheshire face the spirit of the first Dread Pirate Roberts and break the curse.

    3. Think up at least 2 secrets for the character. 1 should be a secret that the character has, and 2 should be a secret that involves the character but the character doesn't know yet.
    1. Cheshire isn't the first Dread Pirate Roberts and Roberts isn't even her actual surname. The previous Dread Pirate Roberts retired about a year ago because he had gotten too old and too rich and gave the ship, and name of Dread Pirate Roberts, to Cheshire;
    2. The masterwork silver dagger Cheshire carries is actually cursed and carries within it the dormant soul of the very first Dread Pirate Roberts and while Cheshire does not know this, the true reason each Dread Pirate Roberts retires and passes on the dagger and name before things get too dangerous is because that soul will awaken and take over your corpse if you die.

    4. Describe 3 people tied to the character through blood, romance or honor. Two should be friendly, one should be hostile. Everyone has friends and enemies.
    Allies:
    1. The Nindrollan princess Avashtana, who fell in love with Cheshire, but the two have a very will they won't they relationship;
    2. The previous Dread Pirate Roberts, who has since become Lord Albert of Gundbarg, and often provides Cheshire with a safe place to lie low.
    Enemies:
    The five High Captains of Luskan, who have been trying to capture the Dread Pirate Roberts for a hundred years, and are probably still reeling from the last time Cheshire robbed the place six months ago.

    5. Describe 3 memories the character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
    1. Stealing the princess' heart was no small feat and involved a very daring rescue from a narcissistic sea elf prince who sought to claim Avashtana, and her father's throne, for himself;
    2. The last time Cheshire was in Lusken, she engaged in a sword fight with one of the High Captains atop the mast of the flagship of their fleet and the duel was so entertaining that every other pirate and sailor stopped fighting just to watch;
    3. Cheshire did, in fact, bet against a Sicilian when death was on the line.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Mx
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post

    Not at all your fault for the incompatibility, but please adjust for the Greyhawk setting.
    Okay. So, grayhawk. I know little of that module. Any recommendations?

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    Okay. So, grayhawk. I know little of that module. Any recommendations?
    You should look on this page to pick one you like. Hanali Celanil is a CG elven Goddess of Love, Romance, Beauty, and the Arts, so she is matches Shelyn.

    I don't know what the Greyhawk equivalent of cheliax is though.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2023-10-04 at 12:28 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I thought Avowed are warlocks?
    They are, but playtest 2 brings out archetypes and it's possible to get heavy armor proficiency with the first playtest. The Betrothed archetype gives a companion that you split powers with that can be used as a mount.

    So, Magical Knight is a go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    Don't try and fulfill too many niches. I build off vibes, no strict role management.
    Understood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    Okay. So, grayhawk. I know little of that module. Any recommendations?
    From memory, Chelix is LE mageocracy run by devil summoners.
    Thay works as that minus devil summoning.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2023-10-04 at 01:20 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Cheliax isn't necessary a magocracy. They do worship devils though. That's a big part of the identity. The queen has a Pit Fiend advisor. They also love slavery.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Huh.
    You'd think the Devil summoners would end up reaching leadership positions themselves instead of just being infrastructure for nobles.

    In that case I've got no clue. Greyhawk doesn't really have openly evil civil human societies IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Ranch

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Thank you for the feedback. Iíve expounded on and updated the background as requested.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Trookal, Knight of Spring!

    Much more of a scout than a proper knight, and he packs Disable Device and Trapfinding which fills the rogue slot.

    Arrh'ya, Steed of Spring is less complete and inventory is in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Ranch

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    All of the scales!

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Not necesarily.
    Nagaji don't have a race point calculation. I could get more natural armor...
    Though if I can shake loose a few I'd probably go for SR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: [GM Found] Red Hand of Doom (PF 1e)

    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Not necesarily.
    Nagaji don't have a race point calculation. I could get more natural armor...
    Though if I can shake loose a few I'd probably go for SR.
    I think what he means is that our party could have a LOT of scaled PCs. The townsfolk will probably be scared

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •