New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    I'm thinking about running a spooky style one-shot game starting October 1st. I have a few ideas I'd be willing to give a go at running that equate to a 4-6 hour one-off in real life. Play by post that might take 6 months or more but I'm ok with that. So here are the options as I see it.

    Option A - Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition (Spooky lab ship investigation)

    Option B - Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game 2nd Edition (Haunted House)

    Option C - All Flesh Must Be Eaten (High School Lock-in Event at the local mall goes sideways)

    Option D - Give me a pitch.

    If you have any interest in any of the options let me know which you are interested in and your preference.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    I'd be very interested. Sole problem is, I don't have access to All Flesh Must Be Eaten, have heard that WFRP is On the complicated side, and I have no familiarity with any of the systems mentioned.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    I'd be very interested. Sole problem is, I don't have access to All Flesh Must Be Eaten, have heard that WFRP is On the complicated side, and I have no familiarity with any of the systems mentioned.
    I haven't played AFMBE myself but built characters before. WFRP 2e is not as complicated as 4e and the dice usually build your character more than other systems. Traveller is a fairly simple system and a Traveller Explorers edition is available for $1 on drive thru rpg. Let's you make a couple different style characters and presents a scale down version of the core rules.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    Well, I am interested in the All Flesh Must Be Eaten never had a game of it. due to mostly scheduling problems with my live game group. But I have some of the books. so I can bush up if you want to try that?

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    Traveller is a cool system, a horror focused game could be a lot of fun. Thought about running a horror game in GURPS?
    Last edited by AdamSpeg; 2023-09-21 at 11:06 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    Never played GURPS and don't own any books.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    That's okay, I'm interested in the AFMBE and Traveller concepts and always down to learn a new system.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    Open for more input until the 25th at which time I'll select the game based on interest level. I'll help people with character generation regardless of the system. AFMBE currently leads with Traveller in second.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    I haven't played AFMBE myself but built characters before. WFRP 2e is not as complicated as 4e and the dice usually build your character more than other systems. Traveller is a fairly simple system and a Traveller Explorers edition is available for $1 on drive thru rpg. Let's you make a couple different style characters and presents a scale down version of the core rules.
    Thanks. I think I can find a copy of Traveller, though, if I try hard enough. It's AFMBE I'm somewhat unsure where to even look for.

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Open for more input until the 25th at which time I'll select the game based on interest level. I'll help people with character generation regardless of the system. AFMBE currently leads with Traveller in second.
    Oh, cool! I think I'll throw a vote behind AFMBE myself, then. The scenario pitched sounds nice.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Oh, cool! I think I'll throw a vote behind AFMBE myself, then. The scenario pitched sounds nice.
    Ok seems like AFMBE has got 3 votes. I'll say that this was the one option that didn't have a one-shot adventure guide but was more just my brain saying this could be a fun one-shot. We'll see if it still is in the lead over the weekend and if so I'll get a proper recruitment thread going then. Will probably be looking for some more player input if that's the route we go.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2022

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Ok seems like AFMBE has got 3 votes. I'll say that this was the one option that didn't have a one-shot adventure guide but was more just my brain saying this could be a fun one-shot. We'll see if it still is in the lead over the weekend and if so I'll get a proper recruitment thread going then. Will probably be looking for some more player input if that's the route we go.
    Happy to extend that lead, then. Even a simple adventure to see if our characters can survive longer than the game sounds like fun.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Ok seems like AFMBE has got 3 votes. I'll say that this was the one option that didn't have a one-shot adventure guide but was more just my brain saying this could be a fun one-shot. We'll see if it still is in the lead over the weekend and if so I'll get a proper recruitment thread going then. Will probably be looking for some more player input if that's the route we go.
    Im not familiar with any of the systems but I like the AFMBE option the best too.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Interest Chek - Spooky themed mini game starting October 1st


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •